Middlesex County College Employee Reviews in United States

The glass ceiling has never been so clear
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJFebruary 19, 2016
No raises, no advancement, no full-time. Complete dead-end. If you are passionate about education and helping people, this is only good experience for getting hired at a better rate somewhere else.
(If you speak your mind and point out the bureaucracy, you get labeled as crazy and management lets everyone know it.)
Pros
You can be a no-call no-show and not get fired because management is lax in their duties, especially if you tutor math or science
Cons
no raises, no benefits, no advancement, no full-time opportunities
Great place to work, would recommend
AutoCAD Tutor and Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJFebruary 12, 2016
See review summary. Just filling out a 20 word minimum again. Still not comfortable with the review itself being forced, but I'll play ball.
Pros
Fun environment, Great client base
Cons
No room for advancement, pretty much solid part time gig, and at time of leaving: no more raises for part timers
Great environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJJanuary 20, 2016
A family environment department to work for. The faculty are very pleasant and hardworking. Working with the Chairman has been a wide opening but overall pleasant also to work with.
Benefits
Cons
No advisement
Quick and easy
Lab assistant (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJMay 31, 2016
A typical day at work was not hard it was easy but tedious, the day went by quick though.
What I learned was how much more there is then just the tubes and chemicals , there's more of a process and caution when dealing in the biology department.
The management was good they help when needed and trained well.
My co workers were hard working and friendly we got along very well and worked faster together.
The hardest part of the job was sometimes I did not know what a certain item was and could not find it.
the most enjoyable part was doing the mixtures and seeing what was used in the different labs. For example there was this one lab that needed to use human bones and the departments had some fake and real ones, which was interesting to know, see and touch.
Pros
It was my first job experience
Cons
there werent any cons
The experience inspired me to become a teacher
Office Assistant/Student Laboratory Aide (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJApril 21, 2016
It gave me an opportunity to work with students and really gave me the inspiration for my chosen career path. The hours were not too long and allowed me to socialize with students and coworkers. Scheduling may be a bit of a work but it was quite worth it.The most enjoyable part of the job was when I get to communicate with international students and helped them out with their concerns.
Pros
Close enough from home and get to work with students
Cons
Minimal pay
Excellent place to work and excellent center of higher education
ADJUNCT FACULTY (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJAugust 24, 2015
Wonderful workplace where I have learned so many different aspects of business and the higher education field. The hardest part of the job is the physical labor, but the benefits are to be unmatched.
A great opportunity for college students to gain administrative experience
Office Assistant-Work Study (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJMarch 17, 2016
A typical day at the financial aid office consists of helping students both over the phone and in person. I was also assigned projects by directors and administrators of other departments as well as my own. As a work study I benefited very much from being able to view things from a student's perspective, as well as a staff member's perspective. I learned many valuable office and customer service skills which I believe will be important assets for me in the future. I became very close with my fellow work studies, however, after a while I realized that some members of the management staff in the office were not as efficient and helpful as they could be. The hardest part of the job for me was learning to focus less on every tiny detail when I should be paying more attention to the big picture when it came to projects that were assigned to me, as well as helping students with all of their financial aid questions, concerns and needs. The most enjoyable part of the job was, of course, helping students; there is no greater feeling in the world than being told how kind and helpful you are as a worker.
Pros
Convenient location and flexible work hours that catered to my busy class schedule
Cons
Not enough hours available for me to work
Good Review
GED Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJJune 20, 2016
This is a good position, but my grant is losing funding this year. This is why i am currently looking for a new job. The management is very good. However the students sometimes do not want to be there in the classroom and this can be difficult.
Pros
Health Benfits
Cons
Low pay
Great place to work, fun enviroment.
Shipping & Receiving Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJJune 8, 2016
I learned so much here at the college. My co-workers are great hard working people.The most enjoyable part of my job is when after a hard day we all feel a sense of accomplishment. I love the teamwork part of a job.
Great work environment
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJJune 15, 2016
I learned a lot working as a Work Study. Great school and also great management. Being a Work Study taught me how to work independently and efficently.
Awesome place
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJJanuary 7, 2016
Very good place to work in. You get to meet a lot of people. The hardest part of the job is the yearly inventory but it is also good because no matter your post, you have a section to do inventory on. Meaning basically that the work is distributed equally. A typical day at work is being at the circulation desk and helping out students and taking care of any other issues the students might have.
Pros
Staff lounge, Great co-workers
Per diem class instruction
Trainer/Instructor (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJMarch 24, 2016
This per diem position at a quality county college enables me to maintain a strong proficiency level of computer skills.
Pros
Interesting, Variable
Cons
Dependent on Government grant process.
great part-time job
Student Technical Assistant (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJSeptember 7, 2013
I worked at the college a short time while attending there. My supervisor was great. The job didn't require too many responsibilities. Basically you just needed to verify the people using the computer lab were students. Once in a while you would have people try to sneak in but for the most job it was great job for meeting new people and it felt good helping people when asked to assist with ESL computer classes.
Pros
left time for doing school reading.
Cons
no benefits
Amazing Opportunity During College
Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJOctober 16, 2015
I worked here for 4 years while getting my Bachelor's Degree. I was provided with a flexible schedule as well as networking and support opportunities.
Everyday is a learning experience
Chemistry Lab Assistant/Technician (Current Employee) –  Edison, New JerseyMay 21, 2012
I enjoy working there. Its fast and fun. I love working in Chemistry lab where I make solutions and do titration. They have very flexible schedule which makes work easier for us. Salary is not attractive though.
great place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Perth Amboy, NJJune 18, 2015
This is a great job to have and continue your career in no matter what you see yourself doing. Everyone is so friendly and it makes you job a little bit easier
Fast paced, Organized, Work-Study
Financial Aid Assistant Officer (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJJune 5, 2015
In the past, I was a Financial Aid officer where I assisted students seeking to complete their financial aid forms to get assistance while they receive a college education. My goal was to establish trust, communicate effectively, and being extremely organized when dealing with sensitive paperwork. In conclusion, I want to grow professionally and socially. I am a hard worker and I take pride in quality work
Very Nice College, Needs more
Office Assistant/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJNovember 22, 2013
Middlesex County College is a good college. Its clean, friendly, and pretty diverse even though it could use more. The college has a lot of politics that get in the way of some people doing big things. This means that getting in might be great but once your there and when you try to fix some things, it will be very difficult. Also the grant money that the college receives could be used a little differently to make things run smoother. I haven't got much else to say other than i wish you luck and i insist you help make this college a five star community college once you get in.
Pros
nearly everything
Cons
office politics, grant money allocation
it is not a place to get your degree
physical laboratory coordinator (Former Employee) –  middlesex in edisonApril 2, 2012
ive work there in the physics department with management before
the management has stolen college scholarship money and used it for personal use while the hard working coordinators get less pay an longer hours. the students dont have a safe envoirment to learn in because of the set up we left in the labs

i worked for them this is what they did
Pros
there are no pros here
Cons
everything
Productive and educational
AutoCAD and SolidWorks Tutor (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJMay 31, 2012
A typical day at work was interesting, fun, and very educational. Although through my job I did not learn CAD or SolidWorks, I greatly increased my abilities to navigate the two softwares. Management was good, and the job was fairly low key with no outstanding "hard parts"
Pros
relaxed work environment.
Cons
short hours

4.3