Middlesex County College Employee Reviews

great place to work part-time
Adjunct Geology Professor (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJNovember 13, 2017
I only worked as an adjunct at MCC but felt supported by the other faculty members while there. I was treated with respect and the other faculty members were quick to share ideas and supplies. I would definitely adjunct at MCC again.
Friends and Family Plan
Continuing Education (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJNovember 11, 2017
Unless you are upper management's friend or kid or or related to a freeholder, forget about a decent job there.

Part-timers refer to themselves as "day laborers" because that is how they are treated. No benefits,no perks......not even a parking sticker.
Good College
Database Development Project (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJOctober 27, 2017
Learned a lot at the college. Went for another degree but ended up getting engrossed in the IT classes which were so much more interesting. Would recommend.
enjoyable work experience
ESL Instructor (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJOctober 1, 2017
I enjoyed working with various students of many different levels. I am very detail oriented and organized in my teaching. I enjoyed working with students of varying cultures.
productive and fun
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJSeptember 24, 2017
The job was enjoyable, i had to deal with a lot students, making their id's were done for them, making sure their questions were answered, faxing and doing copies for them.
Pros
free thursday lunches
Cons
very noisy
Excellent school
Accounting Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJSeptember 18, 2017
Great environment to work in. No pressure from management. Small classes and students are willing to learn. More full time positions should be available.
Productive and Creative place to work
Designer (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJSeptember 14, 2017
My experience working for Middlesex County College was a creative and an immersive. They really focus on design and the meaning behind it.
The directions were clear and the company always focuses on what is best for their clients.
very low pay but good experience
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJSeptember 6, 2017
very low pay but good experience. had a lot of experience cooperating with students and keeping what i know fresh. teaching students allowed me to keep my knowledge in tact.
Great People, struggle for compensation
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJSeptember 6, 2017
The people who work here are lovely, but the pay is a constant struggle and consistently behind where it should be for the amount of work done. The low pay requires multiple jobs to make ends meet.
Prepared daily class lectures.
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJAugust 20, 2017
Taught an entry level course in Correction Administration;
Gave class lectures, prepared examinations, prepared class syllabus and what jail is like.
Great Place for Growth
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJAugust 15, 2017
As a student ambassador, I assisted incoming students with campus tours, applying to Middlesex and scheduling for courses.In addition, we were tasked with properly organizing student records.
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Perth amboy, NJAugust 14, 2017
MCC is a very good place to work. Students and staff are very nice to work with and assist. The work environment is very nice and the supervisors and coworkers are very good people too.
Excellent work place
Teacher's Assistant (Current Employee) –  Perth Amboy, NJAugust 14, 2017
Middlesex County College is an excellent place to work. People are very nice and respectful and the environment is very comfortable. Working conditions are excellent, I really have no complains.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
n/a
Mcc
Manager of Enrollment (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJJuly 31, 2017
Middlesex County College is a great place to work at. A typical day at work is basically is working with the students on a day by day function, You learn so much from different culture and management.
Pros
ok
Work study is good if you can get it, Adjunct is alright
Tutor/Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJJune 26, 2017
Not a bad place to work overall. For work-study students the hours and pay are controlled by the program. For adjuncts pay is slightly under that of other schools but the personal investment is much less.

Worst part of work-study is the politics. Getting a job usually involves knowing someone, and depending on the department the management can be less than ideal.

Obviously scheduling is the best for both work-study and adjunct.

Worst part of adjunct is the length of time between requesting a class and notification of actually being assigned to a class. If the material has been taught before this isn't terrible since the preparation won't be too intense, but for new courses it leaves something to be desired. Also, access to materials to prep for a class is not easy to come by.
Pros
Flexible schedule, alright pay
Cons
Pay could be better, politics and budget usually hinder departments
Day at Work
Counseling Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJJune 19, 2017
It can be fast paced but they don't offer a lot of support in the way of helping with the fast paced crowds. This is what it is like during the fall and spring.

In the summer, it is very slow.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Downsizing
Educational work place
Italian Tutor (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJJune 2, 2017
The tutoring Center is a good flexible job for students however not a good place for advancement. A typical day you go in an wait for students to come in for your help is a drop by tutoring so at times you will be there with no students to tutor and be able to take care homework and other things.
Pros
flexibility, tutoring help, the chance to do other things while working
Cons
poor pay, no benefits.
Easy going but serious environment
Student Technology Advisor (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJMay 22, 2017
Shifts are short and the Co-workers are fun. I have learned that tutoring is difficult and rewarding. The managers that I have come in contact with are understanding and reasonable. The hours are very flexible.
Good working environment.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJMay 18, 2017
This position was student employment while I was studying at MCC. The people I worked for were very nice and I really enjoyed my time there. This was a good place to work.
It is like working with family good days and bad days
Financial aid assistant (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJApril 28, 2017
I was a student while attending MCC, I am now a full time online student at GCU. I started GCU in January 2017 and the semester will end this May 2017. I want to become a social worker if you have any position that will get me started in that field I would be much appreciated. I currently have my associate degree in Sociology.
The hardest part of the job was having to leave after graduation. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work with the students. A typical day would be listening to students explain why they did not complete their financial aid application. Because MCC was full of students from various cultural background, I got a chance to learn some of those various background.