Middlesex Hospital Employee Reviews

Family Atmosphere Rehab Facility
Front Office Admin/Secretary (Current Employee), Essex, CTJuly 27, 2015
Great teammates and patients which make a fun work atmosphere.. Busy but productive rehab office. Family Atmosphere.
Excellent Opportunity
Research and Outcome Specialist (Current Employee), Middletown, CTJuly 22, 2015
Terrific learning and growing experiences in research and psychometrics. It is a very enjoyable place to work. Great co-workers. High quality patient outcomes
Very typical office environment with work from home privilege
Medical Coder (Former Employee), Middletown, CTJune 9, 2015
Pros: Work from home
Cons: In-office time was required
Being in the office, in the cubicle-farm setting, was tiresome and not productive but the work from home privilege was wonderful.
I think Middlesex is a great Hospital, top notch. I think as with any place it is hard to advance to the next level with out moving into a different
PCT /MA (Current Employee), Middletown, CTSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: clean and healthy environment, great dr.'s and nurses
Cons: not much room for advancement
I would use Middlesex Hospital for all my healthcare needs. I would recommend them to anyone.
good
radiology scheduler (Former Employee), Middletown, CTAugust 27, 2014
It is a very busy fast paced environment. There is a lot of multitasking. Management is supportive.
Productive and positive enviornment to work in
PCT ( PER DIEM , FLOAT POOL) (Current Employee), Middletown, CTAugust 13, 2014
Pros: positive enviornment
Cons: no benefits or any bonus options when working per diem no matter how many hours
a typical day is a basically surrounded around direct patient care rather it be doing vitals, feeds, bathing, transporting or assisting the nurses, mds, or Pt'S; our main focus as patient care techs are to make sure our patients are comfortable, satisfied and taken care of to our best ability .
all employees worked very hard
Housekeeping Environmental services (Former Employee), Middletown, CTJune 28, 2014
Pros: overtime
Cons: the upper staff not reasonable sometimes
learned to be human love that I learned to grow with life the older I got the happier I became .
A Day In the Life of an OR PCT at Middlesex Hospital
Operating Room Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Middletown, CTJune 25, 2014
Working at Middlesex was a wonderful and exciting experience. I started my day of with communication with the RN and other staff members. Once I was aware of the cases I would be working, I set up the cases with equipment and other essential items that may be needed. One great opportunity that working in the OR gave me, was that I was able to scrub in surgical cases. I assisted surgeons with holding retractors etc.
Good location
ER Technician (Former Employee), Middletown, CTJune 20, 2014
Pros: professonial work envirornment
Cons: lack of proper security . management is financially motivated rather than pateint care.
Great location being right off the highway ,very nice community security , protection for employees and patients is lacking but because of a letter generated by myself to the CEO did start a movement to improve that.
Learned new technical skills
Intern (Former Employee), Middletown, CTApril 3, 2014
Great management and co-workers. Learned active directory and helpdesk support
good place to work
ENVIRONMENTAL TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), Middletown, CTNovember 13, 2013
Pros: steady work
Cons: odd shifts
fast paced and different every shift helping people with a good staff of co-workers
serious but caring environment
EVS Tech (Former Employee), Middletown, CTOctober 6, 2013
A great place to work. Very professional in all departments and aspects.
Fast paced time involved evironment
CNA (Current Employee), Middletown, CTAugust 28, 2013
Pros: fast paced and team oriented
Cons: short to no breaks when patient care is involved
The shift is typically fast paced and continues to be demanding on the TEAM I am involved in taking care of patients and before you know it, the shift is over.
Materials Management Specialist (Former Employee), Middletown, CTJune 14, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: no room to advance without a degree
Overall MH is a wonderful employer. Over 24 years I was able to learn various areas of software, etc.
Middlesex Community Hospital
Registered Nurse - Critical Care Unit (Current Employee), Middletown, CTMay 2, 2013
Currently I work night in the Critical Care Unit
Patient's are always admitted and transferred even at night to make room for new patients.
great company
Medication Reconciliation Technician (Current Employee), Middletown, CTApril 23, 2013
Great hospital, very family oriented. Everyone in all departments work together and have the patients well being at heart.
A RECENT CHANGE IN MANAGEMENT HAS MADE THIS PLACE A VERY UNDESIRABLE PLACE TO WORK.
CLERICAL OFFICE STAFF SUPPORT - DATA ENTRY (Current Employee), Middletown, CTApril 22, 2013
Pros: mon - friday ( days ), 40 hour week ( no overtime required ), medical insurance including dental and eye care
Cons: salary, tense, stressful working enviorment
I PERFORM A VARIETY OF CLERICAL TASK DAILY: COMPUTER OPERATION - DATA ENTRY - FAXING - PHONE RECEPTION COVERAGE - ASSOCIATED TASKS AS REQUESTED BY MANAGEMENT.

THE HARDEST PART OF THE JOB IS TO KEEP UP A POSITIVE ATTITUDE AND THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART IS
COMMING IN EARLY AND DOING MY WORK WHEN VERY FEW
PEOPLE ARE HERE AND THE PHONES ARE NOT RINGING.
Excellent Co-workers
Hospital Access Representative (Current Employee), Marlborough, CTFebruary 27, 2013
A typical day at work would consist of registering patients for radiology tests, labwork, or for emergency room care. I have learned a new computer system in the process of working for Middlesex Hospital. My Co-workers are fantastic, they are always willing to help each other out. The hardest part of my job is the down time, I enjoy being busy and we are very rarely busy.
MIDDLESEX HOSPITAL
Hospital Access Representative (Current Employee), Marlborough, CTFebruary 14, 2013
Pros: shift diff, weekend diff.
Cons: not enough hours
I work 2nd shift so the pase is a little different then first shift, I refer to the pase a the dinner rush people tend to come in around dinner time from 5-8. I enjoy my co workers they keep the mood calm.
productive job
Dietary Aide (Current Employee), Middletown, CTFebruary 12, 2013
I would punch in around 6:30 am start to get the dish room set up for breaking down trucks. After I break down all the trucks, I would then send all the dirty dishes through in the dish machine. I would be done around 8:30 am. At that time I would go cover breaks for the starter and expeditor. That would then lead me to 9:00 am come back from my break 9:15 am. At that time more dirty trucks come down and I'd do my routine all over again. 10:30 lunch time until 11. From 11-3pm I would prepare sandwiches for patients that request them. In a way that the patients asks for. My co workers are nice people to work with. I get along with everyone there. The most enjoyable part of my job is the patients. I sometimes deliver trays to patients. I enjoy the fact that they compliment me on the food or having such a positive attitude when I arrive with their tray. The hardest part of my job is sometimes there can be 8 or 9 trucks to be broken down by one person with sometimes 22 trays.