Middlesex Hospital

Middlesex Hospital Employer Reviews

good place to work
ENVIRONMENTAL TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), Middletown, CTNovember 13, 2013
Pros: steady work
Cons: odd shifts
fast paced and different every shift helping people with a good staff of co-workers
serious but caring environment
EVS Tech (Former Employee), Middletown, CTOctober 6, 2013
A great place to work. Very professional in all departments and aspects.
Fast paced time involved evironment
CNA (Current Employee), Middletown, CTAugust 28, 2013
Pros: fast paced and team oriented
Cons: short to no breaks when patient care is involved
The shift is typically fast paced and continues to be demanding on the TEAM I am involved in taking care of patients and before you know it, the shift is over.
Materials Management Specialist (Former Employee), Middletown, CTJune 14, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: no room to advance without a degree
Overall MH is a wonderful employer. Over 24 years I was able to learn various areas of software, etc.
Middlesex Community Hospital
Registered Nurse - Critical Care Unit (Current Employee), Middletown, CTMay 2, 2013
Currently I work night in the Critical Care Unit
Patient's are always admitted and transferred even at night to make room for new patients.
great company
Medication Reconciliation Technician (Current Employee), Middletown, CTApril 23, 2013
Great hospital, very family oriented. Everyone in all departments work together and have the patients well being at heart.
A RECENT CHANGE IN MANAGEMENT HAS MADE THIS PLACE A VERY UNDESIRABLE PLACE TO WORK.
CLERICAL OFFICE STAFF SUPPORT - DATA ENTRY (Current Employee), Middletown, CTApril 22, 2013
Pros: mon - friday ( days ), 40 hour week ( no overtime required ), medical insurance including dental and eye care
Cons: salary, tense, stressful working enviorment
I PERFORM A VARIETY OF CLERICAL TASK DAILY: COMPUTER OPERATION - DATA ENTRY - FAXING - PHONE RECEPTION COVERAGE - ASSOCIATED TASKS AS REQUESTED BY MANAGEMENT.

THE HARDEST PART OF THE JOB IS TO KEEP UP A POSITIVE ATTITUDE AND THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART IS
COMMING IN EARLY AND DOING MY WORK WHEN VERY FEW
PEOPLE ARE HERE AND THE PHONES ARE NOT RINGING.
Excellent Co-workers
Hospital Access Representative (Current Employee), Marlborough, CTFebruary 27, 2013
A typical day at work would consist of registering patients for radiology tests, labwork, or for emergency room care. I have learned a new computer system in the process of working for Middlesex Hospital. My Co-workers are fantastic, they are always willing to help each other out. The hardest part of my job is the down time, I enjoy being busy and we – more... are very rarely busy. – less
MIDDLESEX HOSPITAL
Hospital Access Representative (Current Employee), Marlborough, CTFebruary 14, 2013
Pros: shift diff, weekend diff.
Cons: not enough hours
I work 2nd shift so the pase is a little different then first shift, I refer to the pase a the dinner rush people tend to come in around dinner time from 5-8. I enjoy my co workers they keep the mood calm.
productive job
Dietary Aide (Current Employee), Middletown, CTFebruary 12, 2013
I would punch in around 6:30 am start to get the dish room set up for breaking down trucks. After I break down all the trucks, I would then send all the dirty dishes through in the dish machine. I would be done around 8:30 am. At that time I would go cover breaks for the starter and expeditor. That would then lead me to 9:00 am come back from my break – more... 9:15 am. At that time more dirty trucks come down and I'd do my routine all over again. 10:30 lunch time until 11. From 11-3pm I would prepare sandwiches for patients that request them. In a way that the patients asks for. My co workers are nice people to work with. I get along with everyone there. The most enjoyable part of my job is the patients. I sometimes deliver trays to patients. I enjoy the fact that they compliment me on the food or having such a positive attitude when I arrive with their tray. The hardest part of my job is sometimes there can be 8 or 9 trucks to be broken down by one person with sometimes 22 trays. – less
Patient Satisfaction is the main focus
Patient Financial Services, Cash Control (Current Employee), Middletown, CTJanuary 29, 2013
Pros: coworkers, i volunteer on the hospice floor (convience)
Cons: job advancement, contracted 30 hours only
I am very comfortable with the atmosphere and with my team of co-workers. My hours are flexible and I get great satisfaction with the amount of work completed at the end of the day. What could be a highly stressful working condition is very pleasant and orderly. The hardest part of my job is dealing with some insurance companies and getting the run – more... around. – less
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Middletown, CTDecember 18, 2012
The best part of my job is knowing that we as a team make a difference. From the smallest situation to the worst, I work with a team that truly cares.
It is an okay place to work
Hospital Access Representative (Current Employee), Middletown, CTDecember 15, 2012
Pros: i have a job
Cons: no room for advancement
I really can not say much about much. It's always busy in the emergency department. Especially now that the weather is getting colder.
A decent smaller hospital for experience and advancement
Floor staff (Current Employee), Middletown, CTSeptember 27, 2012
A typical day at this job can vary on the workload; usually there is always someone around to help when things get busy! I've learned the value of teamwork and that the co-workers form bonds and work well together. The hardest part of the job is shift changes. The most enjoyable part of the job is the tight working bonds that form on the different shifts
Great Place to work!
X ray tech (Current Employee), Middletown, CTJune 30, 2012
This is a really great place to work, caring managers, and team-oriented staff, everyone in radiology works together and it's great, there have been alot of positive changes in the past few years!
Great Job
Purchasing and Distribution, Homecare Dept. (Former Employee), Middletown, CTMay 24, 2012
Pros: travel to 4 offices i managed
Cons: making all 300 employees happy all the time.
I learned the hardest thing in the world, multi tasking, and making everyone happy! I had no typical days, they were all diffrent and thats what made me like my job so much.
I worked with almost 300 co-workers so there was one person of every type you could imagine.
I best part of my job was that I knew that I was helping our patients.
Emergency Room - Unit Secretary
Unit Secretary - Emergency Room (Former Employee), Middletown, CTMay 7, 2012
Pros: free medical care for the employee
Was a great place to work. I had a great group of nurse and doctor to work with.
great hospital to work for. very good to its employees
Home Draw Coordinator/Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Middletown, CTMarch 27, 2012
Pros: matching with 401k, keeping up with the latest equipment
Cons: as a per-diem employee i received no raises.
I enjoyed working for Middlesex Hospital and still remain an employee there on a per-diem basis. If I lived in CT area I would stay in my current position until retirement. It is an excellent place to work and the employees I worked with are considered family.
very good company to work for good benifits. if i didnt move to another city might still be employed there
enviromental services (Former Employee), middletown ct,August 17, 2011
great company to work for i learned alot while woring for the company.reason for leaving got engaged to be married and moved to another city. left on good standings comute was to far to travel.
Extremely enjoyable experience
Medical Secretary (Current Employee), London, ENGMarch 3, 2014
Middlesex Hospital now no longer exists so this review is somewhat irrelevant.

Middlesex Hospital Photos