Middlesex Hospital Employee Reviews

fast paced nice co-workers
Staff Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTNovember 13, 2017
would work there again if given the opportunity. liked the staff I worked with but management was new and not very experienced in dealing with staff issues
Supportive Management and lots of Opportunity to Grow
Confidential (Current Employee) –  Middletown, CTNovember 9, 2017
There are a lot of reasons why people like it here! When I first started I thought everyone was feeding this stuff to me to make me want to work here. After joining, I now understand, this isn't just a job, but a family.

These managers are willing to give you a shot, train you with the resources available, and guide you to where you want to go.

Of course, they will not hold your hand, you have to ask for it. Through the years I hope to continue working here, I will try to remember how I felt during this first year here, and never take for granted the support system this hospital has given me.

THANK YOU!

-Pleased employee
Pros
Employees, seeing patients and growing as a professional
Cons
nothing to complain about
good job, many different experiences over the years.
microbiology technical assistant (Current Employee) –  Middletown, CTOctober 20, 2017
Fun and interesting work, but the experience over 20+ years seems to mean nothing. There is no career ladder. No where to go unless you are going to go to college. It makes no difference how much knowledge you gain over the years, or how many people count on you for your assistance. There is no recognition by the top management. No bump up in pay or job tittle, if you are not college bound.
Pros
interesting work. keeps you on your toes.
Cons
no where to grow, unless you go to college, even if you have a wealth of knowledge from working in a dept for the past 20+ years
Patient care
Patients Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Middletown, CTSeptember 27, 2017
What I enjoyed most was the patients. I very much enjoy working in customer service. I currently do registration along with billing and some coding,..
Quick paced work environment
Central Staffing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Middletown, CTSeptember 18, 2017
Middlesex hospital has a great group of people from environmental staff to doctors, but it definitely is a fast paced environment. The management changes a lot, so be prepared for that, but overall, it's not a bad place to work.
Great company to work for
Account Resolution Analyst (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTSeptember 11, 2017
Atmosphere was very relaxed. Staff was very friendly and easy to work with. Management was very fair and they were understanding of balancing family and work.
Pros
Great management
Family enviroment
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Westbrook, CTSeptember 3, 2017
All the people who work here care about each other. The ER staff had the best nurses. The medical providers were also really great to work with. I wish I could stay.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Ct
Great place to work if you like clicks
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTSeptember 1, 2017
I loved working at middlesex the pay at the time was fair benefits were great. Management was one big click if they liked you you were in if not they Made it miserable . The hardest part of my job was trying to keep it. If they want your job they will make a paper trail to make you loose it . The most enjoyable part of my job was being on the road all day.
Pros
Great pay, benefits
Cons
Bad Management
Great place to work.
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Labor and Delivery and Nurse Internship ProgramAugust 18, 2017
Excellant nursing care. Providers are cery good and very proactive and efficienct. Had wonderful relationships with my peers. Collaborative. Fostered a learning and knowledgable environment.
Nice place to work.
Radiation Therapist (Current Employee) –  Middletown, CTAugust 18, 2017
Competitive salary with excellent benefits and a nice place to work overall. Most conference fees are covered and we receive partial compensation for professional society dues.
Pros
Excellent salary.
Cons
Long commute, department moral.
Very stressful
Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Middletown, CTJuly 31, 2017
It's a good place to work I just don't agree with the management they're not a people person if ever a different management there it would be a better place to work
Pros
I got nothing
Cons
I got nothing
Pct/medical assistant/cna
Pct,Medical Assitant (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTJuly 20, 2017
Middlesex was a top 100 hospital and I value all I learned from an employee at a top 100 Hospital Middletown,ct 06457,I enjoyed everthing about my job.I started as a PCT for 3 years and advanced to a medical assistant for seven years and I loved working closely with doctors and patients.Managment was great to work with as well as my coworkers.A typical day at work started at 8 am and worked until 4:30 pm Monday threw Friday. Upon arriving to work we signed into our computers and had a morning huddle to go threw what our day looked like,maybe short handed or a doctor was on call and patients needed to be rescheduled,get patients ready for the doctor vitals,weight go over medications and doses and make any changes,get all test results for their appt.
Pros
Within 20 miles from home
Cons
had to leave Ct
good job
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTJune 22, 2017
Middlesex was a good place too work. Like any other job we all have our moments but over all I had a lot of flexibility with my position. I would have loved to continue working but had to leave due to personal reasons.
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTJune 20, 2017
Overall Middlesex Hospital is a great place to work. They have good benefits a lot of great programs for employees. Management can be worked on depending where you work.
Pros
good work environment
the hospital is beautiful
Critical Care Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTMay 16, 2017
it is a great hospital to start out in but not stay. It offers a nice setting for the patients and offer a lot of benefits to the employees.
It is a beautiful hospital but I feel like the care needs improvement
great place to work. nice coworkers
Telecommunications switchboard operator (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTMay 9, 2017
this is a busy fast paced work environment. alot of responsibility for clerical workers. its nice to have other positions we can apply for and get into pretty easily.. they def hire from with in and food is good in then cafe.. benefits are excellent, can go up the ladder also.
some managers don't care about the employees nor can be respectful. many behave like they are in high school and play favorites.. and they seem to think the unit doesn't know..
Pros
great food, nice co workers, career advancement, benefits..
Cons
some supervisors can be immature and rude, short breaks..
Safe place to work
Department Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Middletown, CTMay 2, 2017
Middlesex is a good place to work. Safety is on top of the list and what we strive for for our patients and employees. Pay and benefits could be a little more better
I love working at Middlesex. It not only a fun place to be every day but it is also a very professional place to be and I am very proud to work there.
Emergency Room Technician (Current Employee) –  Middletown, CTMarch 27, 2017
I feel Middlesex is one of the best hospitals in the area and if it wasn't for the long commute that I have I would not be considering another position anywhere. I enjoy all my coworkers and will miss them all if I were to find a new position elsewhere.
Pros
I work with professional and very supportive people
Cons
I have a very long commute to work every day
Productive and Fun
Administrative Fellow (Current Employee) –  Middletown, CTMarch 2, 2017
Middlesex Hospital is a great place to work. The staff gets along and they cover for one another. They accept their schedules and work it to the best of their abilities.
Pros
The people are all hard workers and there is a lot of accountability
Cons
Not enough leadership openings at the current time.
Not for everyone
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Middletown, CTFebruary 15, 2017
Hospital staff is friendly most be willing to work in health care and knowing the risk of diseases and illness you may come across .not a long term job
Pros
Na
Cons
Na

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Middlesex Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.