Middlesex Hospital Employee Reviews

excellent teamwork
Patient Care Technician - Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTJanuary 19, 2017
The management has always been fair to me. If you work hard you help everyone. I have always loved working for Middlesex Hospital, and give it 5 stars all the way around. The daily routine is there is no daily routine. Things change in an instant and you have to change with it. Stocking is as important as patient care so you have to manage both in a timely manner. The hardest part is when the acuity is high and the staffing is low. I thoroughly enjoy working with the staff at both locations, and team work is a must.
Pros
helping people
Cons
one site is a farther drive than the other
A very professional place to work.
SITTER/PCT (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTFebruary 14, 2017
I worked 3rd shift. Every night was different. I reported to my
supervisor and received my assignment. I wore scrubs like most
other health care professionals in a hospital. Everybody looked
very professional and clean. Lots of hand washing and purell was
used. Everything touched by staff and patients was washed and
cleaned using disinfecting wipes very frequently. Training was
continual, updated and put into practice. Not all patients sleep at
night which kept the nurses and patient care technicians very busy.
The staff made sure I got my lunch break. Everything was done
in an orderly fashion. Lots of e-mails. Lots of meetings. Everything
done for patients was according to doctors orders. Lots of friends.
Lots of respect. If I didn't know something I asked. The hospital was
operating 24/7. They had fire drills. They had emergencies. They
had a tight schedule. They had backup power. They had the sights,
the sounds, the smells of a hospital. I was privileged to work there.
Pros
There was always coffee available.
Cons
Hospital taxes were increasing and I lost my job.My position was eliminated.
Understanding when you have to leave early because of children.
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTJanuary 31, 2017
Flexible hours, opportunity to attend classes to improve skills. great co-workers everyone works together. All new hire will attend a customer skills training class.
Pros
weekly gifts for great employees
Cons
one color scrubs for each department.
We work together
Hospital Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Middletown, CTNovember 8, 2015
Middlesex hospital it is one of the most excellent patient safety and care hospital in CT. It provides a high quality customer service at all times. Middlesex Hospital cares about their employees and patients. It provides a safe environment, co-workers are friendly, positive, helpful, kind as well as all the departments supervisor and managers. Middlesex Hospital its the hospital to work for!
Pros
Health ins. benefits, job opportunities, contracted hrs.
Cons
location depending where you live
Behavioral Health Clinician
Clinician (Current Employee) –  Middletown, CTJanuary 14, 2017
Middlesex Hospital is a great organization to work for that provides an array of services to various populations. I am proud to have been selected to be an employee of Middlesex Hospital.
Pros
Holiday Bonus
Cons
Feeling undervalued
A small community hospital
Systems Analyst/Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Middletown, CTOctober 14, 2016
Middlesex is a small community hospital that focuses on quality of patient care and safety. They are a great company to work for and always trying to be on the cutting edge of technology and forward thinking.
Pros
healthcare
I love working at Middlesex Hospital
Administrative Secretary (Current Employee) –  Middletown, CTOctober 16, 2016
I assist with managing Employee Health Services. The staff is great to work with. We have a great Wellness program and the safe patient committee work very hard to make sure the staff has the proper equipment to ensure all staff and patient are safe.
Not for everyone
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Middletown, CTFebruary 15, 2017
Hospital staff is friendly most be willing to work in health care and knowing the risk of diseases and illness you may come across .not a long term job
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
productive and fun
Anesthesia Technician (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTDecember 22, 2016
I loved my 20 years at the hospital. I have learned so much from the other staff and doctors. I would still be there if we hadn't moved out of state.
Nice place to work everyone is like family
Patient care tech (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTOctober 2, 2016
Nice place you have a great Community Hospital lots of teamwork good doctors and is very nurse friendly Hospital, also has an excellent education reimbursement program nice place to work
A recent change in management has made this place a very undesirable place to work.
CLERICAL OFFICE STAFF SUPPORT - DATA ENTRY (Current Employee) –  Middletown, CTApril 22, 2013
I perform a variety of clerical task daily: computer operation - data entry - faxing - phone reception coverage - associated tasks as requested by management.

The hardest part of the job is to keep up a positive attitude and the most enjoyable part is
Comming in early and doing my work when very few
People are here and the phones are not ringing.
Pros
mon - friday ( days ), 40 hour week ( no overtime required ), medical insurance including dental and eye care
Cons
salary, tense, stressful working enviorment
great hospital to work for. very good to its employees
Home Draw Coordinator/Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Middletown, CTMarch 27, 2012
I enjoyed working for Middlesex Hospital and still remain an employee there on a per-diem basis. If I lived in CT area I would stay in my current position until retirement. It is an excellent place to work and the employees I worked with are considered family.
Pros
matching with 401k, keeping up with the latest equipment
Cons
as a per-diem employee i received no raises.
Productive and positive enviornment to work in
PCT ( PER DIEM , FLOAT POOL) (Current Employee) –  Middletown, CTAugust 13, 2014
a typical day is a basically surrounded around direct patient care rather it be doing vitals, feeds, bathing, transporting or assisting the nurses, mds, or Pt'S; our main focus as patient care techs are to make sure our patients are comfortable, satisfied and taken care of to our best ability .
Pros
positive enviornment
Cons
no benefits or any bonus options when working per diem no matter how many hours
Enjoyable work environment
Environmental Technician (Current Employee) –  Middletown, CTAugust 3, 2015
Middlesex is a clean hospital. I enjoy working there. There pay and benefits could be better. I find they tend to hire more per diem and give out less benefited contracts.
Pros
discounts
The place to start
Patient Care Technician (PCT) (Current Employee) –  New Britain, CTMay 10, 2016
in only a short few months I learned so much. The Rn's here a great so knowledgeable in there craft. I would not be as a good as I am with out this place. Lots of hard work though. A lot of learning on the go.
Materials Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTJune 14, 2013
Overall MH is a wonderful employer. Over 24 years I was able to learn various areas of software, etc.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
No room to advance without a degree
great learning experience
Rent a car manager (Former Employee) –  Town & ountrySeptember 15, 2015
I learned a lot at this job. I was back up for all functions in the office and main job was manager of the budget rent a car fleet -- handled purchasing to turning in the cars to auction. Monthly reporting and daily business.
Pros
nice working with different people
Cons
very long hours
Every day was an experance. You never knew what you would walk into.
laundry worker (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTDecember 17, 2015
I was lucky because I had the same assignment everyday just about. Every once in a while they would need me to give a tour of the work area,or have me work on the floor to help fold laundry. Everybody there were really nice.
Decent place to work
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Middletown, CTOctober 23, 2015
Decent place to work. Co workers and management do what they can to improve patient care. During my time at Middlesex Hospital I have learned how to provide excellent service to patients and visitors.
Patient Satisfaction is the main focus
Patient Financial Services, Cash Control (Current Employee) –  Middletown, CTJanuary 29, 2013
I am very comfortable with the atmosphere and with my team of co-workers. My hours are flexible and I get great satisfaction with the amount of work completed at the end of the day. What could be a highly stressful working condition is very pleasant and orderly. The hardest part of my job is dealing with some insurance companies and getting the run around.
Pros
coworkers, i volunteer on the hospice floor (convience)
Cons
job advancement, contracted 30 hours only

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Middlesex Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Middlesex Hospital Reviews by Location