Middlesex Savings Bank Employee Reviews

Job Description
Customer Service Representative for Online Banking (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MAMarch 23, 2017
A typical day of work would be dealing with various customer complaints, customer computer issues, internal computer issues, system software issues and any all technical issues having to do with Online banking and its components. I also worked closely with management on products and various other projects throughout my time at Middlesex Savings Bank
Pros
Great medical and dental
Cons
not enough support from managment
Very professiona;
Customer Service Teller (Former Employee) –  Needham, MAMarch 1, 2017
I was a part time tellr and I would recommand this job to anyone. It is a very respecful envioronment and well paid salary. They understand mother's hour and school schedule.
Pros
Private car is needed for transportation
Fantastic bank to work with
Item Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Natick, MADecember 3, 2016
Middlesex Savings Bank has been a family bank since the beginning, and I was very delighted to have the opportunity to work in the item processing department. I worked at night so that I could be a stay-at-home mom while my son was younger. The company was very flexible and understanding.
Banking hours, judgmental environment
Teller (Former Employee) –  Groton, MANovember 8, 2016
I enjoyed learning how to operate banking systems. The people in the bank were nice enough but they all judged me for not being republican CONSISTENTLY. They said a lot of sexist and racist things as well. The customers are also not very different in their beliefs because the bank was in a more affluent area.
Pros
Lots of free time, good hours
Cons
Judgmental customers and staff
I am the best what I do
Banking Specialist (Former Employee) –  NYC, NYSeptember 8, 2016
It is great bank to work for . Staffs are really professional and knowledgeable . It has good benefit package and work and life balance is awesome. Proud to be a middlesex Bank employees.
Management definitely needs work
Item Processing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MAJune 2, 2016
I worked here for two years. They told me I was going to get a promotion, never happened. They told me that my documented errors were going to less, review came up and SURPRISE, it wasn't. They hired two people, trained them half way then stopped. They didn't care that other people were picking up the slack. I was getting bullied, I went to management and to HR, nothing happened because I couldn't prove it. They also had a "voluntary" project that was actually mandatory. I understand that if I'm getting paid, I need to do what they asked me to do. But don't say it's voluntary when it's not. This place sucked to work at and the best decision I ever made was to leave. There is also NO room for advancement. Only lateral moves that would result in a pay cut anyway.
Cons
Fun work place with great people.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Maynard, MASeptember 22, 2014
My typical day consist of accurately recording cash deposits, opening accounts/ close them,and check cashing.
Pros
Free lunch if work on Saturdays.
A good bank to work with!
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  MAAugust 26, 2014
A good place to work and lot of encouragement to advance your career
Systems Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MAJuly 15, 2014
Traveling to different location and meeting different people within the company was a delight
Pros
Leadership and dependable
Cons
Lost in my work
happy
Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MAApril 22, 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed my experience there. I wish it wasn't temporary. Great people and an amazing company. I wish it was located nationwide.
Always something new to learn.
Item Processor (Operations) (Current Employee) –  Westborough, MAMarch 21, 2014
A typical day would be assisting customers, both internally and externally over the phone with questions and/ or concerns they have regarding an account, transaction, or a similar circumstance. Working at the bank for eight years has provided me with the opportunity to learn more about myself, and become more self confident. I am more comfortable in my daily decisions that need to be made, in the work environment. The hardest part of the job, is working with someone who is in a bad mood that day and in turn tries to bring the rest of the department down. The most enjoyable, is there is always something arising everyday. There is a new question that is brought up, and we are required to take it on and come up with a solution. There is always something new to learn.
Pros
Benefits, Developing quality customer relationships
Cons
Not much room for advancement
Great Experience
Student Consultant (Former Employee) –  Natick, MAOctober 28, 2013
It was a semester long project. I learned a lot about consulting, and how it can things can change in a matter of seconds. The management we worked with was tough on us, but they were fair and made the project enjoyable.

The hardest part of the job was doing all the research such as focus groups, survey's etc. Getting all that in order, as well as analyzing the data was also difficult at times.

The most enjoyable part of the job was having Middlesex Bank love the work we did and they appreciate all the work that we did over the course of 4-5 months.
Former employee
Security (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MAAugust 19, 2013
I had worked for this Bank for 6 years and would recommend job searchers to over look working for this Bank. Externally to the public they paint a great atmosphere for their customers but internally they treat their employees like dirt. From a managerial point of view there is no leadership. While employed there I was harassed, ridiculed and made to feel no self worth. They make a lot of promises but never delivered. There is an abundance of favoritism and game playing within the bank. I would have to say that this was the worst job that I ever worked at and would not recommend this Bank to anyone. There motto is "Where your worth more" that sure is not the way they treat you when you are employed there. Please take my advise and stay away from this Bank I would not want to see anyone go through the experiences that I did while working there.
Great Place to work at!
Item processing assistant (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MAFebruary 22, 2013
Great people that care about the employees personal needs.
Skill Building and Professional
Full-Time Teller (Current Employee) –  Franklin, MAApril 4, 2012
Working for Middlesex Savings Bank has definitely assisted in building my professional experience. I have become more comfortable in helping people and discovering their needs by just sitting back and listening to their issues.

I have become comfortable referring products and services to customers. Using customers names has also been a great accomplishment because it is surprisingly one of the most uncomfortable parts of the job, however it has become one of my favorite aspects. People like to be recognized and the positive feedback is incredible.
Pros
timely lunch break, customers who are like family, professional challenges
Cons
ocassional work overload, difficulty relying on supervisors
Mailroom Clerk
Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  120 Flanders Road, Westborough, MAMarch 22, 2012
It was great to get to see the inner workings of a bank, everyone at the bank couldn't have been more cordial.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Middlesex Savings Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Middlesex Savings Bank Reviews by Location