Middlesex Savings Bank

Middlesex Savings Bank Employer Reviews

A good bank to work with!
Bank Teller (Former Employee), MAAugust 26, 2014
A good place to work and lot of encouragement to advance your career
NONE
Systems Support Specialist (Former Employee), Westborough, MAJuly 15, 2014
Pros: leadership and dependable
Cons: lost in my work
Traveling to different location and meeting different people within the company was a delight
happy
Mail Clerk (Former Employee), Westborough, MAApril 22, 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed my experience there. I wish it wasn't temporary. Great people and an amazing company. I wish it was located nationwide.
Always something new to learn.
Item Processor (Operations) (Current Employee), Westborough, MAMarch 21, 2014
Pros: benefits, developing quality customer relationships
Cons: not much room for advancement
A typical day would be assisting customers, both internally and externally over the phone with questions and/ or concerns they have regarding an account, transaction, or a similar circumstance. Working at the bank for eight years has provided me with the opportunity to learn more about myself, and become more self confident. I am more comfortable in my daily decisions that need to be made, in the work environment. The hardest part of the job, is working with someone who is in a bad mood that day and in turn tries to bring the rest of the department down. The most enjoyable, is there is always something arising everyday. There is a new question that is brought up, and we are required to take it on and come up with a solution. There is always something new to learn.
Great Experience
Student Consultant (Former Employee), Natick, MAOctober 28, 2013
It was a semester long project. I learned a lot about consulting, and how it can things can change in a matter of seconds. The management we worked with was tough on us, but they were fair and made the project enjoyable.

The hardest part of the job was doing all the research such as focus groups, survey's etc. Getting all that in order, as well as analyzing the data was also difficult at times.

The most enjoyable part of the job was having Middlesex Bank love the work we did and they appreciate all the work that we did over the course of 4-5 months.
Former employee
Security (Former Employee), Westborough, MAAugust 19, 2013
Cons: management
I had worked for this Bank for 6 years and would recommend job searchers to over look working for this Bank. Externally to the public they paint a great atmosphere for their customers but internally they treat their employees like dirt. From a managerial point of view there is no leadership. While employed there I was harassed, ridiculed and made to feel no self worth. They make a lot of promises but never delivered. There is an abundance of favoritism and game playing within the bank. I would have to say that this was the worst job that I ever worked at and would not recommend this Bank to anyone. There motto is "Where your worth more" that sure is not the way they treat you when you are employed there. Please take my advise and stay away from this Bank I would not want to see anyone go through the experiences that I did while working there.
Great Place to work at!
Item processing assistant (Former Employee), Westborough, MAFebruary 22, 2013
Great people that care about the employees personal needs.
Skill Building and Professional
Full-Time Teller (Current Employee), Franklin, MAApril 4, 2012
Pros: timely lunch break, customers who are like family, professional challenges
Cons: ocassional work overload, difficulty relying on supervisors
Working for Middlesex Savings Bank has definitely assisted in building my professional experience. I have become more comfortable in helping people and discovering their needs by just sitting back and listening to their issues.

I have become comfortable referring products and services to customers. Using customers names has also been a great accomplishment because it is surprisingly one of the most uncomfortable parts of the job, however it has become one of my favorite aspects. People like to be recognized and the positive feedback is incredible.
Mailroom Clerk
Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee), 120 Flanders Road, Westborough, MAMarch 22, 2012
It was great to get to see the inner workings of a bank, everyone at the bank couldn't have been more cordial.

About Middlesex Savings Bank

About midway between Boston and Worcester in eastern Massachusetts is where you'll find the more thanĀ 30 branches of Middlesex – Read more