MidFirst Bank

MidFirst Bank Employee Reviews

No comment
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 7, 2015
No comment. I assisted the company in filling a job that was needed. Prior to this I was working as a Business Analyst and enjoying this position. Filling the new position caused me to be released because I was only catching 98 % of the errors made in booking loans by other people.
Pros
good job
Cons
management lack of care about employees
Just was not the job for me
Lockbox Representative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 2, 2015
It was a decent job, some of my fellow employees were awesome to work with. Unfortunately I had a personality conflict with the last manager. It was no one's fault really, we just clashed. Now, my first manager was great. He and I got along very well. He did not micromanage me, because he knew I would do my job. I would volunteer to help in other departments as needed. Then he passed away suddenly, and things changed for me.
Productive...Fun...Easy
Banker Teller (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKSeptember 30, 2015
I opened Mon - Fri. I learned persistence. Management works hard. My team was fun. It's hard seeing a regular customer relocate and putting a smile on my customers face was the highlight of my day.
Pros
Sales
Cons
Getting Off On Time
Can be fun
Teller Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 14, 2015
The values of MidFirst have suffered in the last couple of years. All the people above you want is for you to bend over backwards for them and put a smile on your face. I was told to be fake.
Solid Company, Demanding Schedule, And Workload, But Good Pay
MoneyLine Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 9, 2015
MidFirst definitely could worry about their Employees schedule outside of work a bit more. They cater too much to customers, and don't appreciate Employees stopping an escalation other than a pat on the back. However, Very Good Pay, Benefits are fantastic, and Management is excellent!
Teller operations
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKSeptember 3, 2015
Inputting deposits, withdraws, cashiers checks, etc. into a computer program that was very up to date. I learned a sufficient amount of knowledge on personal finances and personal credit scores while working for Midfirst. My management was exceptional and was very helpful.
Pros
Very interactive, good compensation, decent hours
Cons
Not much room for growth/advancement
good bank, poor management
Teller Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 25, 2015
lots of micro managing with a slew of busy work. company seemed more interested in just putting up numbers than about the quality of customers and accounts they were acquiring. expectations for tellers to go out and get accounts is absurd, that should be the job of the manager and assistant manager. constant threats of write ups, and lack of cohesion. It's all about the numbers, no personal development
Pros
decent pay, decent benefits
Cons
micro managing, busy work, and solely number based
More or less
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  OKC, OKAugust 11, 2015
The job was monotonous. You knew what to do and worked self sufficiently but the chances to advance were slim although they advertized differently. No one got fired and they hired anyone...which was scary. I got paid the same amount as the ones who didn't do their job. It was also a good old boys club...
Pros
Job stability, work independently
Cons
They hired idiots who got paid the same amount to do nothing.
Challenging Place to Work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma CityAugust 3, 2015
Overall, MidFirst is a good company to work for. It has it's challenges like any job but if you want to move around you can advance within the company.
Excellent
Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma CityJuly 29, 2015
The Loan Operations team is a great place to work with great managers, specifically Holly Mohon and Karla Marshal. This bank has a great group of lenders who keep the company growing the a great mix of loans from all over the US.
Pros
Solid Company
Cons
Oklahoma
Best bank in the state
Delinquency Associate II (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 8, 2015
I truly feel that this company is the example for all other banks to model off of. The only thing that I would improve would be the pay.
Pros
almost everything
Cons
Pay
Great benefits and real world work experience
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 5, 2015
Excellent company to work for. They offer great insurance and retirement benefits. The days can be stressful however, this is expected when working for a company with high customer volume.
Nice place to work
Senior Default Accounting (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma cityJune 2, 2015
I enjoyed working a Midfirst and had the opportunity to learn many new skills that I am able to use in my day to day in my other positions.
Very productive job
Teller (Former Employee) –  El Reno, OKMay 30, 2015
I really enjoyed working with the employees of the El Reno Branch and the Branch Manager. MidFirst Bank always rewarded their employees not only financial but by making them feel as though they were special.
Good pay and benefits
Teller (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 9, 2015
Poor Management, busy days, learned a lot about banking, great co workers, hardest part was the lack of good management, but customers were enjoyable.
Great Pay and benefits
Bank Teller Part-Time (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma CityMarch 8, 2015
Room for advancement and bonus opportunities. Great management and customers. Excellent training. Pay is competitive. A lot of locations and transfer possibilities.
Training and Advancement Opportunities
manager (Current Employee) –  PhoenixFebruary 25, 2015
Open 7 days a week, for the customer those are amazing hours, for the employee they can be long. Online and classroom training is available.
Stable company, enjoyable atmosphere, good benefits
Credit Risk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 21, 2015
MidFirst is a good company to work for, coworkers and supervisors are great and benefits are comparable, if not exceeding those of other banks. Many discount opportunities available with outside vendors (Dell, fitness centers, AMC Theatres, Six Flags, etc.)
Pros
free checking, atm and deposit services on site without having to go to a branch
Cons
upward movement is quite often difficult
Avoid like the plague unless you love call centers
Loss Mitigation Follow Up Associate (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma CityJanuary 24, 2015
A typical day working at Midland Mortgage was very stressful. you login at 8am and you are told when to get in and out of a dialer system. you take non stop calls. Coworkers are GREAT, the only reason to keep you going. pay is basic. you are micro managed to a T. you get two 10 minute breaks and an hour lunch. if you go into other break you will mess up your production. would not suggest working here unless you love talking to people or you just need a job. the atmosphere is depressing and nasty (Shepherd Mall). Most enjoyable part of job was going home and getting paid. You hear all kinds of stories from the customers. just too much...
Pros
hour lunch, guaranteed $250 christmas bonus, benefits are good
Cons
pay, short breaks, mico managing, no freedom to move around
Professional, productive, customer service environment.
Teller (Current Employee) –  oklahoma city, okJanuary 19, 2015
Sales oriented, fast paced and productive. Learned to sell, improved customer service skills and multi-task. Micro-management. Co-workers generally competitive. Hardest part of joy is satisfying some customers. Enjoyable meeting people.
Pros
weekly contest
Cons
no breaks, other than lunch