MidFirst Bank Employee Reviews

It was the best place ever
Net Developer (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 18, 2018
Work-Life Balance is something you determine with your manager

"Flexible hours and the option to sometimes work from home help contribute to a good work/life balance
Pros
you get back what you put in
Cons
short breaks
Competitive environment
Teller Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 14, 2018
There are many opportunities for career advancement. A typical day on the job is very fast paced; the environment is also extremely competitive depending on how motivated your branch is. The management in my particular branch was non existent. I was the teller supervisor and we had no assistant manager and the manager officed elsewhere; therefore, the majority of branch duties fell upon myself. There was also no banker until the last two months of my employment there, causing me to take on many duties that were not in my job description, nor was I compensated for. Due to these circumstances, I was able to learn quite a lot and in different areas of management. I enjoyed the competitive environment and recognition for excelling both personally and for my branch.
Pros
Many opportunities for career advancement
Cons
Lack of excellent management and guidance.
Technical automation discouraged
Trust Analyst (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 6, 2018
When data can use SQL with VBA to program Excel with automation, they prefer manual typing.
The pay is low, not for programmers. The schedule is always behind. The motivation is clerks working harder and without breaks.
They look for accounting with database instead of database and programming to automate routine accounting tasks.
Pros
Checks clear
Cons
Old fashioned management
Good overall.
Teller 2 (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 26, 2017
Just not a fan of advancement rate and direct management. Things are not regulated by anyone and are not equal for all employees. Not a fan of the competitive cut throat way to get bonus pay.
Enjoyable work oportunities
Delinquency Associate II (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 20, 2017
Typical Day - I have tasks that must be completed on daily, weekly, and monthly time frames. I have the freedom and self discipline to manage my desk as best I see fit to complete my deadlines.

I have learned organizational and communication skills to benefit day to day productivity.

I have multiple managers for different tasks. Some are better than others but none that I dislike. I am easy to get along and work with as long as there is mutual respect.

I enjoy the office as there have been times to converse and enjoy each others company

Hardest part of my job is the deadlines. I often surprise myself with the amount of work completed given the timelines provided.

The Most enjoyable part of my job is I take none of it home. Its a fast pace environment in the office and can be stressful at times. But its nothing I have to think about when I leave for the day. Its challenging while at work but not when I'm home with my family.
Pros
Some flex time is given to allow me to come in and leave early
Cons
Monotonous at times
High intensity, deadline oriented, but fun and collaborative
Supervisor I (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 17, 2017
MidFirst Bank is a great place to work. The management group is always supportive and sets a positive example. The culture of MidFirst is that of inclusion and teaching. I could not have asked for a better place to launch my career. I have been given opportunities to excel and grow.
Pros
Great team environment, goal oriented.
Cons
Highly regulated due to banking industry
Demanding workplace with emphasis on sales
Teller II (Former Employee) –  Queen Creek, AZNovember 22, 2017
The workplace tends to be unprofessional and has a lack of management. The company itself is growing and expanding. Corporate MidFirst is excelling and I'm sure has more benefits than the average job at the banking center. The most difficult aspect was the workplace culture. The coworkers function with little accuracy. Job emphasizes sales, and meeting goals is necessary.
Pros
Growing company, One year bonus and Three year bonus is great.
Cons
High employee turnover
Great Company to work for
Account Reconciliation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 13, 2017
I enjoyed working for Midfirst Bank. It was a team environment which was great for holding each other accountable and encouraging each other. I had experienced the operations part of Midfirst and enjoyed getting to be a part of the Account Recon department.
Very competitive
Teller 1 (Former Employee) –  Queen Creek, AZNovember 3, 2017
I would only recommend to someone that is competitive in nature. Having knowledge about banking is a plus because the training had holes, but the people were pretty nice overall.
Great people with a great team atmosphere.
BSA Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 2, 2017
Very nice people. They were very helpful in all situations. Good training and open to new ideas. I was a temp, but they treated me like I was on the team. I'd like to be a permanent employee there.
Pros
Very flexible
Good Incentive
Teller Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  oklahoma cityOctober 22, 2017
The company offer great incentive. There are many classes you can take to learn about new skills. The company offer on the job training as well as classroom training.
Cons
poor management
Lack of Leadership
Executive Assistant/Human Resources Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 18, 2017
The bank has a real lack of organizational leadership and very disorganized. There is no cohesiveness between the various markets and departments do not talk or work together well. It is every man for themselves mentality.
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 16, 2017
It really is a great working environment. The management is extremely friendly and understanding about missed shifts. All staff is hard working and compassionate for their co-workers. I would recommend this to anyone looking to step foot in the world of finance.
Growing Pains
Delinquency Associate II (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 8, 2017
When I started at the company, the procedure had been set, they had a low turn over and great employee satisfaction. It was a supportive environment with incentive opportunities and a management staff that genuinely want to help see you succeed. The company is sincerely dedicated to their employees, and I believe always will be.
Recently, New public government guidelines rolled out and there was some shifting around and the whole dynamic changed, incentive was frozen and there were policies and procedures to re-write. This caused some dissatisfaction and turn-over increased with all the changes. The company is still working towards reestablishing a fair incentive with the new procedures, and they are still going through the change and pains of re-growing their employee base and satisfaction. Once achieved, I believe they will be able to restore the previous atmosphere and job satisfaction.
Poor upper management, extreme long hours, and little room for advancement
Compliance Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 23, 2017
Each day consisted of utilized many applications to analyze data. My immediate supervisor taught me a lot when it comes to problem solving. Learned how to approach and analyze data from multiple angles. The culture was inconsistent. I enjoyed a number of the people I worked closely with, but then had trouble interacting with upper management. The hardest part of the job was the high levels of stress and the ridiculous hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was project completion.
Productive and fun company
Controller, AVP (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 16, 2017
Friendly people, great culture. Management that really cares about their employees. There's low turnover and great benefits. It's a pleasure to work here.
great benefits
Lead Teller III (Former Employee) –  ArizonaJuly 27, 2017
Amazing benefits, great holiday perks, bonus after one year of service ($1,500) and another bonus at 3 years of service ($5,000). Great culture and classy bank.
management
Banking Associate level lll (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 21, 2017
There needs to be better management in some departments and the training provided needs to be vamped up a lot. The procedures are very outdated. Some departments are very unorganized.
Great job for college student
ONLINE BANKING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 12, 2017
This was a very entry level position to have as a student. A typical day would be to take between 45-100 calls per day depending on what day of the week. This position can get monotonous at times but overall a great place to work.
Sales driven but fun!
Teller II (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 7, 2017
My banking center was one of the busiest in town, but our team always kept our heads straight. I received an award for most transactions done accurately for one quarter. The sales goals are high but the payouts are adequately matched.
Pros
Sales Incentives
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MidFirst Bank. Our community is ready to answer.