MidFirst Bank Employee Reviews

Poor management and false ability to move up
TELLER (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 11, 2016
Midfirst is only a good employer for their benefits including sick time and vacation time. Lazy management, Hard to reach sales goals, and poor pay raises are your future at Midfirst Bank.
Pros
Vacation time and paid sick leave
Cons
Unreachable sales goals, poor pay raises, and lazy management.
Decent pay, horrible management
Personal Banker II (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 7, 2016
Coworkers are great, but management chooses favorites and stone walls good workers that have tenure and exceed expectations are constantly told they aren't good enough and chosen over someone else or positions left vacant.
Good family owned company
Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK 73108December 2, 2016
Worked somewhat normal hours but could work a lot of overtime.
Traning as needed
MGT is either great or really bad.
Co-workers made this a good job.
No chance of advancement
I supported over 350 users in IT and would get some help but for the most part it was all my work .
benefits
Cons
No chance of advancement
was a good place to be
Teller Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 1, 2016
This job was hard and stressful at times but it was also fun at times. Bonuses were nice when meeting and exceeding goals. The only thing I personally had a hard time with was when fall checking would come around and it was expected that we open accounts for people we know.
Pay is decent, Lots of room to advance
Teller/Vault Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Weatherford, OKNovember 25, 2016
Loved this job and everything about it except strong focus on sales and i hate pushing product! The people with in are great but all fee the stress to hit target goals. there is cash incentives to hit goals but i still disliked trying to get people to do things they didn't necessarily need.
Pros
Great friendly environment, GREAT benefits options
Cons
Sales Targets and goals
Stable environments
Sr Insurable Risk Management (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 8, 2016
The bank and mortgage company are very successful. Building big relationships throughout the various states. Plus working with the shareholders are amazing group.
Pros
Healthcare, time schedules, atmosphere
Cons
Communication
Great company with friendly staff
Banking Associate III (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 5, 2016
I worked in Bank Operations and greatly enjoyed it.
There was a lot of responsibility thrown at me in the beginning which was borderline overwhelming.
Pros
Healthcare, Furnished break room
MidFirst experience
Operations (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 30, 2016
Growing company with great benefits and ensure employees are taken care of. Departments and expectations vary from department to department along with supervisors and their expectations but if you understand your role then you will be successful
Fun place to work with growth opportunity
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 9, 2016
Great company, many perks for employees, Pay is where you would expect it to be in the industry. The managers I have come in contact with are amazing. Truly care about their employees.
very stressful job
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 30, 2016
If they don't like you even if you are a hard worker they will make up lies to get you fired. Complaining to H.R. doesn't help. Managers are very lazy, watch tv on their phones and turn around and tell you to do there jobs because they are behind. I'm old school meaning I judge people base off their work ethic. If you notice they are always on indeed looking for worker because when they get them they abuse them until they are force to look for another job. Worse situation for any honest person that's looking for equel opportunity.
Pros
Customers are very nice once they get to know you.
Cons
They don't care about their employees
A Day At Midfirst
SupportLine Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 22, 2016
Working at Midfirst is great! I enjoy working with my co-workers within each department of Midfirst. The management staff communicates with each employee for every change and upgrade made within the company.
Pros
Food Options
Cons
Not Enough Holidays off
Nice place to work for.
Sr.Net Developer (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 17, 2016
Improved my technical skills. Good Management. Friendly atmosphere. No pressure. Need to learn some new technologies to do the assigned project. Learning experience is most enjoyable.
fun place to work, will learn a lot
Banking Operations Associate II (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 9, 2016
I loved working here and loved that I learned so many different things, love the environment, management could improve on how they treat their employees and also a problem with favoritism. my coworkers were good about doing their jobs.
Pros
loved the meetings and group work
Cons
drama, favoring certain employess, hard to move up
They treat you good but, are slow on promoting.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 1, 2016
Also always had a holiday bonus. I had two supervisors hired from outside the company. But still really liked working there.
customer service
Sr. Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 23, 2016
worked on teller line
cashing checks depositing
opening accounts
helping customers
hardest part of my job was trying to be promoted for several years and there was always an excuse
the most enjoyable part was being around good customers
Pros
had a job
Cons
lack of lidership
Senior Credit Analyst/Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZMarch 23, 2016
Unfortunately, the housing debacle of 2008 caused this great financial institution to be taken over by the FDIC. The people working at this bank and the management were top-notch. If it weren't for the crash of the housing market, I would probably still be working for this great bank.
Pros
Cons
Bank closed
Nothing too special
Items Processor (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 9, 2016
somewhat friendly environment, lacks room for timely advancements, super poor raises, and seniority sadly seems to be the main focal point.
No one knows what they are doing up there
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 29, 2016
When I first started at this company as a Personal Banker I thought that it was a good company to work for. I was wrong. I wasn't trained for the full 5 weeks and was placed on the phone after my second week of there. I was trained by someone who was only there for a month and there wasn't any supervisor there at night. The managers played favoritism and half the mangers didn't know what they were doing. They will write you up for things that you weren't trained on and will put you on a final warning. This place has a high turn over and I see why now.
Friendly environment, Great Customers
Teller Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 28, 2016
Loved working with the public and my customers were awesome. I enjoyed working at the bank and helping others in the needs. taking care of money and making sure it balances at the end of the day.
Pros
Personality of the customers and banking relationships
Cons
working on Saturdays.
Terrible corporate work culture coming from upper management
Senior Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 26, 2016
Working at this place was working in corporate He11. My immediate supervisors were fine, but upper management and the CEOs created a work culture of paranoia, workaholism, and mistrust. The compensation was terrible. At one point they even tried to take away people being able to listen to music at their desks. This company hated fun. I would definitely not recommend working at Midland to anyone. This applies to both the bank and the mortgage company, as I worked at both.
Pros
Small holiday bonuses
Cons
Too many to list

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MidFirst Bank. Our community is ready to answer.