MidFirst Bank Employee Reviews in United States

No one knows what they are doing up there
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 29, 2016
When I first started at this company as a Personal Banker I thought that it was a good company to work for. I was wrong. I wasn't trained for the full 5 weeks and was placed on the phone after my second week of there. I was trained by someone who was only there for a month and there wasn't any supervisor there at night. The managers played favoritism and half the mangers didn't know what they were doing. They will write you up for things that you weren't trained on and will put you on a final warning. This place has a high turn over and I see why now.
customer service
Sr. Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 23, 2016
worked on teller line
cashing checks depositing
opening accounts
helping customers
hardest part of my job was trying to be promoted for several years and there was always an excuse
the most enjoyable part was being around good customers
Pros
had a job
Cons
lack of lidership
Terrible corporate work culture coming from upper management
Senior Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 26, 2016
Working at this place was working in corporate He11. My immediate supervisors were fine, but upper management and the CEOs created a work culture of paranoia, workaholism, and mistrust. The compensation was terrible. At one point they even tried to take away people being able to listen to music at their desks. This company hated fun. I would definitely not recommend working at Midland to anyone. This applies to both the bank and the mortgage company, as I worked at both.
Pros
Small holiday bonuses
Cons
Too many to list
Friendly environment, Great Customers
Teller Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 28, 2016
Loved working with the public and my customers were awesome. I enjoyed working at the bank and helping others in the needs. taking care of money and making sure it balances at the end of the day.
Pros
Personality of the customers and banking relationships
Cons
working on Saturdays.
Nothing too special
Items Processor (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 9, 2016
somewhat friendly environment, lacks room for timely advancements, super poor raises, and seniority sadly seems to be the main focal point.
Just was not the job for me
Lockbox Representative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 2, 2015
It was a decent job, some of my fellow employees were awesome to work with. Unfortunately I had a personality conflict with the last manager. It was no one's fault really, we just clashed. Now, my first manager was great. He and I got along very well. He did not micromanage me, because he knew I would do my job. I would volunteer to help in other departments as needed. Then he passed away suddenly, and things changed for me.
No comment
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 7, 2015
No comment. I assisted the company in filling a job that was needed. Prior to this I was working as a Business Analyst and enjoying this position. Filling the new position caused me to be released because I was only catching 98 % of the errors made in booking loans by other people.
Pros
good job
Cons
management lack of care about employees
good bank, poor management
Teller Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 25, 2015
lots of micro managing with a slew of busy work. company seemed more interested in just putting up numbers than about the quality of customers and accounts they were acquiring. expectations for tellers to go out and get accounts is absurd, that should be the job of the manager and assistant manager. constant threats of write ups, and lack of cohesion. It's all about the numbers, no personal development
Pros
decent pay, decent benefits
Cons
micro managing, busy work, and solely number based
Teller operations
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKSeptember 3, 2015
Inputting deposits, withdraws, cashiers checks, etc. into a computer program that was very up to date. I learned a sufficient amount of knowledge on personal finances and personal credit scores while working for Midfirst. My management was exceptional and was very helpful.
Pros
Very interactive, good compensation, decent hours
Cons
Not much room for growth/advancement
Solid Company, Demanding Schedule, And Workload, But Good Pay
MoneyLine Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 9, 2015
MidFirst definitely could worry about their Employees schedule outside of work a bit more. They cater too much to customers, and don't appreciate Employees stopping an escalation other than a pat on the back. However, Very Good Pay, Benefits are fantastic, and Management is excellent!
More or less
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  OKC, OKAugust 11, 2015
The job was monotonous. You knew what to do and worked self sufficiently but the chances to advance were slim although they advertized differently. No one got fired and they hired anyone...which was scary. I got paid the same amount as the ones who didn't do their job. It was also a good old boys club...
Pros
Job stability, work independently
Cons
They hired idiots who got paid the same amount to do nothing.
Productive...Fun...Easy
Banker Teller (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKSeptember 30, 2015
I opened Mon - Fri. I learned persistence. Management works hard. My team was fun. It's hard seeing a regular customer relocate and putting a smile on my customers face was the highlight of my day.
Pros
Sales
Cons
Getting Off On Time
Excellent
Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma CityJuly 29, 2015
The Loan Operations team is a great place to work with great managers, specifically Holly Mohon and Karla Marshal. This bank has a great group of lenders who keep the company growing the a great mix of loans from all over the US.
Pros
Solid Company
Cons
Oklahoma
Can be fun
Teller Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 14, 2015
The values of MidFirst have suffered in the last couple of years. All the people above you want is for you to bend over backwards for them and put a smile on your face. I was told to be fake.
Great benefits and real world work experience
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 5, 2015
Excellent company to work for. They offer great insurance and retirement benefits. The days can be stressful however, this is expected when working for a company with high customer volume.
Stable company, enjoyable atmosphere, good benefits
Credit Risk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 21, 2015
MidFirst is a good company to work for, coworkers and supervisors are great and benefits are comparable, if not exceeding those of other banks. Many discount opportunities available with outside vendors (Dell, fitness centers, AMC Theatres, Six Flags, etc.)
Pros
free checking, atm and deposit services on site without having to go to a branch
Cons
upward movement is quite often difficult
Challenging Place to Work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma CityAugust 3, 2015
Overall, MidFirst is a good company to work for. It has it's challenges like any job but if you want to move around you can advance within the company.
Best bank in the state
Delinquency Associate II (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 8, 2015
I truly feel that this company is the example for all other banks to model off of. The only thing that I would improve would be the pay.
Pros
almost everything
Cons
Pay
Avoid like the plague unless you love call centers
Loss Mitigation Follow Up Associate (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma CityJanuary 24, 2015
A typical day working at Midland Mortgage was very stressful. you login at 8am and you are told when to get in and out of a dialer system. you take non stop calls. Coworkers are GREAT, the only reason to keep you going. pay is basic. you are micro managed to a T. you get two 10 minute breaks and an hour lunch. if you go into other break you will mess up your production. would not suggest working here unless you love talking to people or you just need a job. the atmosphere is depressing and nasty (Shepherd Mall). Most enjoyable part of job was going home and getting paid. You hear all kinds of stories from the customers. just too much...
Pros
hour lunch, guaranteed $250 christmas bonus, benefits are good
Cons
pay, short breaks, mico managing, no freedom to move around
Very productive job
Teller (Former Employee) –  El Reno, OKMay 30, 2015
I really enjoyed working with the employees of the El Reno Branch and the Branch Manager. MidFirst Bank always rewarded their employees not only financial but by making them feel as though they were special.