MIDFLORIDA Credit Union Employee Reviews

Enjoyable place to work
Peak Time Teller (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJanuary 16, 2017
The management is great and they are always there to help. There are many ways to move up in the company and they encourage you to further your knowledge.
Great employer to work for with room to increase knowledge
Teller Manager (Former Employee) –  Midflorida Credit UnionNovember 25, 2016
Typical day at work was very busy and productive. Everyday I had the opportunity to learn something new. Management was very cooperative with my decisions as a teller manager. The hardest part of the job was when all avenues had been exhausted to stay within policy and be able to help the members. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting new members and employees everyday and given the opportunity to give the WOW factor.
Fun Workplace with Co-Workers and Members
Teller Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 14, 2016
A typical day at MidFlorida Credit Union is pretty fast paced depending what day of the week it is. Co-Workers are also a big part of your day whether it's good or bad, their influence is everything. The hardest part of the day is making sure you keep a big smile on your face at all times, because you can't wear your feelings on your sleeve when working with Customers/Members face to face on a daily basis.
Pros
Great Co-Workers
Cons
Lack of respect from management as well as minimal potential for growth
Great place to work!
Teller (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 25, 2016
Great place to work, and very flexible with scheduling and hours. Great members and a good company to work for. Very informative on the banking industry and took a long time to train and make sure you were set as an employee.
Good Company Overall to work for
Member Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLAugust 13, 2016
Working in a banking atmosphere has its busy and slow days. I greatly enjoyed working with all of my coworkers, they were extremely encouraging on the off days and with getting through our quarterly goals. Each branch tends to have a family atmosphere about it. My favorite part of working there was the face to face interactions with all of my members that would come in.
Pros
holiday treats
Fast Paced
Teller Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 22, 2016
Working for Midflorida Credit Union you have to follow policies and procedures because you are handling cash and very sensitive information.
Pros
Great Work place
Fast paced inviroment
Teller (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJanuary 7, 2016
Management was horrible, only promoted you if they liked you. Great benefits though. Learned a lot about cash handling.
Pros
Incentives, flexible schedule
Cons
Horrible managers, cross selling
Did not enjoy working here
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLSeptember 28, 2015
i did not enjoy working for this company. It was not very employee friendly. I had an emergency medical issue an was let go even though the proper document was provided.
Cons
No scheduled breaks even on a 10 hr shift
It was an opportunity for growth and sharpening my people skills
Peak Time Teller (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJuly 14, 2015
Working at one of the busiest branches for my Credit Union, most days we were packed and trying to move members in and out. While on those days we were not so busy, we could take more time with our members and really get to know them.

One the stronger aspects of the credit union was the rate in which they promoted people, if you had the desire they would reward you. I had seen many of my fellow tellers promoted one or two times while I was there. Which meant that most of its management was home-grown, they had worked as tellers and or loan officers before being promoted to manager, the knew all aspects of the job.

I did love my time at Midflorida, from the members to my fellow tellers, it was a job that I never dreaded to wake up and come to in the morning, it was something I looked forward to walk into, get out my drawer and begin helping someone. I would highly recommend it to anyone living in western and central Florida.
Pros
A lot of room to move up
Cons
Needs more workers
Excellent benefits and upward mobility
Home Equity Manager / Credit Committee (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMay 25, 2015
Continuing to expand providing advancement opportunities for anyone who desires. Offer competitive benefits and a fantastic work culture.
Pros
Competitive salaries and benefits
Cons
A great Credit Union that give their customers great service.
Member Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMay 5, 2015
A company that treat employees like family. The members are tremendously loyal to MIDFLORIDA. Very involved in the community.
Look elsewhere
Employee (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMarch 8, 2015
As a long-term employee with extensive knowledge about my current role, I found it shocking when I was told (not asked) that I would have to complete managerial tasks without being properly compensated or promoted. Upper management is so distant from reality and the lack of support is unbearable. All aspects of the credit union are understaffed. If you have previous banking experience, stay away from MIDFLORIDA. The compensation and expectations are much different than other companies. Don't come to MIDFLORIDA expecting to be appreciated or acknowledged for your work ethic.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Almost everything.
Midfloida Credit Union
Mortgage Loan Officer/Outside Sales (Former Employee) –  North Lakeland, New Tampa, Wesley Chapel areasMarch 4, 2015
My career began in 1993 as a teller for Barnett Bank. I progressed throughout the years to Head Teller, Member Service Manager then onto become an Asst. Branch Manager II with Amtrust Bank . As much as I loved the banking atmosphere. I found myself drawn to mortgages. Assisting customers in achieving the dream of home ownership gave me a wonderful sense of pride and accomplishment. I began my employment with Midflorida Credit Union as an Outside Sales/ Loan Originator in 2011. At that time they were just beginning to prosper and grow their Mortgage Department. I was drawn to the credit unions culture as well as the loyalty between employee's and their members. The major growing pains I experienced from day one was the lack of training as well as the professional communication necessary to maintain the confidence of inside and outside referral sources.

I was able to identify and solicit prospective customers and business partners with the wide variety of products and services Midflorida had to offer. They stayed familiar with the changing needs of each market and would develop new products and services to help generate additional loan volume.
Pros
I was able to develop and solidify relationships with inside and outside referral sources, Midflorida was very generous in the items they would give-away on most major Holidays.
Cons
Poor management, Lack of a smooth workflow
Was amazing job but alot has changed
Peak Time Teller (Current Employee) –  floridaJanuary 30, 2015
Loved Midflorida when I began working there. Worked had to prove that I belonged there. Every Sales Rally I was presented with awards or recognized. I was always in the top 3 performing peak time teller. My manger would fight for me to get promoted to full time because I had proven myself to them. Upper management would not budge. They don't want to promote so that they don't have to pay extra for the insurance. But will hire "management friends" from outside for full time positions.
Pros
you learn alot
Cons
greddy and drill sales in your head
Fun place to work
Teller Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 8, 2014
It's a good company. It is very employees related. They help me to grow professionally as a manager.
A wonderful work place that feels like family.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Okeechobee, FLJuly 7, 2014
open the bank, securely
retrieve drawer, handle financial transactions
help customers with any questions or concerns
balance at the end of the day
Great in Lakeland...not so much in Tampa
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLJune 16, 2014
Tampa market was managed much different than the Polk county market. Company was very employee oriented years ago but became very focused on sales and minimizing expenses at all costs...including minimal raises and imbalance in staffing. Definitely a much better work environment years ago. Impossible to move any higher than a branch manager unless you are a "favorite" of corporate.
Pros
free popcorn fridays
Cons
long hours and managers worked well over 40 hours
Great company to work for
Teller (Former Employee) –  Okeechobee, FLApril 24, 2014
I loved everything about this company. I learned allot working as a Teller thanks to my managers and the company. Skills that I have been able to use on other jobs
Enjoyable and friendly workplace.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FL and Tampa, FLApril 7, 2014
Very busy and never the same.
I learned a lot about the banking (Credit Union) world that gives me great accounting and cash handling skills.
Management in both branches I worked in were awesome.
Everyone I worked with came to work to do just that, they were definitely the best people I have ever worked with.
The hardest part was dealing with guests that were already upset before you even did anything to help them.
The most enjoyable part of my job was learning new things constantly.
Up and coming company with great leadership
Peak-time Teller (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 15, 2013
Team oriented work setting with great opportunities for career growth and skills development.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MIDFLORIDA Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.