Midland Memorial Hospital

Midland Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

great fellow staff members
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXMay 1, 2016
Good teamwork, learned a lot, teaching hospital. lots of room for advancement, fast paced, poor communication with doctors.
Pros
the people
Cons
patient nurse ratio
staffing
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXApril 21, 2016
critical on opportunities, technology is advanced and well adaptive, staff is friendly however some floor are short staffed making nursing challenging and placing them at risk
Love My Job
Credentialing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXMarch 29, 2016
An excellent culture within the hospital for patient care and Staff! The are always looking at how to make it a better place for everyone!
No Job Security
EKG Technician (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXMarch 23, 2016
I have been at this job for eight months and recently we had our hours cut to only being able to work two days a week. Even though I have been in my department for eight months, I was supposed to have been full-time about three months ago, but because there are people who know the manager and has either been with the company for years or who has decided to come back multiple times, I was over- looked. If you are looking for job security, this job is not for you. It got so bad, I had to look at my schedule every day, just to know when I worked and now because some of the older employees who have been there longer could not figure out their schedule, our hours were cut. I went from working full time to being a part-time employee. I would not recommend this company to anyone unless becoming a nurse and even then I say look into the security of the job.
Great hours and learning experience
Certified Pharmacy Tech II (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXFebruary 3, 2016
I loved working here because it was a place that I felt encouraged you to be all about the patient and to treat the patients as if they are family. A typical day depended on the job you were assigned to do for the day whether it be omnicell, rover, IV Tech, or front. Each job assignment was different so you could never get bored. The hardest part of the job I had to say was working with a skeleton crew. there were not enough technicians for the amount of work so we had to rush through things that made it hard to do your best work. I loved the fact that there was so much to do you could never be bored.
What about the patient in the bed
ICU/CCU Nurse (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJanuary 13, 2016
Midland Memorial Hospital was a great place to work before the hiring of new CEO. Hospital became more focused on accredidation than providing quality bedside nursing to patients. Nursing staff are involved more in data collection than decision-making in patient care delivery. Nursing staff job satisfaction has fallen and staff turn over has increased.
Pros
Beautiful new hospital building
Cons
nurse/patient ratio too high, increased responsibilities affecting quality bedside nursing care, Patient assignments not aquity based
loved my co-workers
ICU Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJanuary 12, 2016
The staff is friendly and they work together. The unit is frequently understaffed and therefore the nurse to patient ratio is higher than desired and it can be very busy and stressful at times. Most of management is is helpful, all are friendly.
Great place for indiviuals who are going to school
PATIENT CARE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXJanuary 5, 2016
it was a great job worked with my schedule. flexible hrs. Great customer service and easy to get along with others. management is good. I absolutely loved my job a chickfila.
efficient, clean, friendly, everchanging for the better!
ER technician (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXNovember 23, 2015
Loved working for Midland memorial, the people were friendly and willing to teach and help you grow into a better team member.
management
REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXNovember 9, 2015
They are loosing the experienced nursing staff and placing out of school nurses in mgmt roles. Patient satisfaction has declined.
This work place is not for me.
Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXOctober 24, 2015
Short breaks, few shady co workers, poor management, the work hours, stressful at times, it interferes with my spiritual duties and my family responsibilities, lack of understanding at times. I don't think UC's should have to work weekends nor holidays. I think there should be 3 UC's to work so that it is less stressful for everyone.
Pros
Free gym membership, able to be off on Sundays, lunches w/badge
Cons
short breaks, money, early release, time off, work hours, weekends
Nursery
Nursery, Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Midland TexasOctober 14, 2015
Overall okay place to work; Have learned a lot from this position; increased my skill set; most people there are great to work with
Pros
able to get overtime
Cons
never get a lunch
An exciting place to work since we would get to speak to different types of people which work in the hospital
Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXSeptember 28, 2015
Would get to speak to people from other cities to advertise different jobs available in our area. Speak to workers from different departments about their needs.
Pros
would eat together once a week
Cons
had to deal with workers complain
Low pay, no help
Stocker/Busser (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXSeptember 23, 2015
I was underpaid and overworked. Days were busy. I learned what not to do. Management was poor. Coworkers were great. The hardest part was having no help. And the most enjoyable part was the people I met
Pros
good hours
Cons
Poor management
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXSeptember 14, 2015
Exceptional company wonder place to work, love the pickle pledge. Great organization, pay is great, co-workers have good attitudes.
Great place to work and great people to work with.
Release of Information Clerk (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXSeptember 9, 2015
Great to be part of an organization that cares about the people they serve and the community. I loved the variety in my daily work that included answering phones, helping walk-in customers, processing medical record requests for: doctors, lawyers, transfers, audits and case reviews, collecting and depositing payments, filing, scanning and record accuracy. It was great to work with such awesome colleagues and to learn and grow in this area.
Pros
Being associated with this great organization and helping others.
Cons
Daily Interuptions effecting productivity expectations.
I would prefer not to work here again.
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  CCU/ICUAugust 26, 2015
Being the only hospital in Midland, there is really not a choice where you work. The management here is very clickish and you have to be on the inside to get decent treatment. Everyone on the outside of the click is not treated fairly.
Pros
In Midland where I live
Cons
Management is not the best
Poor Managment/ Short Staffed
Patient Access - Registrar (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXMay 22, 2015
I started out excited to come and work for this company, however as soon as I got settled into my routine, I realized that I made a mistake. The management do not have a formal education, and sometimes people can get away with it, but in this case, it did not work. My supervisor lacked compassion, empathy, understanding, and would not look out for the best interest of her employees. Also, she would disregard suggestions and fight against her employees opinions. In the department where I worked, we were so short staffed all the time, and there was a high turnover rate. Sometimes we wouldn't get a lunch until we were about to leave for the day, and breaks were nonexistent. Even though we begged for help, none of the management would listen. This is not somewhere I would have applied to had I known the truth.
Great place to learn and work.
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXMarch 19, 2015
We have an amazing team of technologists that work together in an extremely efficient manner. I have learned from my co-workers as well as taught them. The hardest part about my job would be leaving the people I work with now. The management continuously supplies any necessities when needed and if it can't be found they find a solution.
Pros
the ct department, radiologists
Cons
health benefits, compensation for work quality
Not a bad place to work
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Midland TexasFebruary 17, 2015
The hospital was a good place to work. It all depends on the position you are working. I had a hard time getting breaks. I was held to a different standard and feel I was not trained properly for my current job role. At the end it was like I was expected to know things that I was never told and the others never had to perform. I guess you could say I was set up for failure and my success were not mine but others.
Cons
hard to get breaks, and benefits are very poor