Midland Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Productive and great environment
REGISTERED NURSE- (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXMarch 3, 2017
Midland Memorial Hospital was a great place to work They were good to me and the work atmosphere was nice It made me feel good when able to help a Mom feel better about her newborn baby
Always working
RN (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXFebruary 16, 2017
Hard work, always under pressure.No time for extra activities. Learnt a lot of things. Always short of nurses leading to heavy load on nurses.
Great people!
Clinical Data Manager (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXFebruary 8, 2017
Midland Memorial Hospital is heading down the right direction and it is a great place to work and to grow professionally with your peers!
Pros
Autonomy
Benefits
Great Evironemnt
Central Supply Technician (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJanuary 26, 2017
This job was very fast pace and that was actually my favorite part about it. As soon as we clocked in we had to begin to prepare our things so we could go and stock up the floors we where assigned. We where expected to do our job fast since there was so much that was needed to be done.
Challenging work environment
BSN, RN (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJanuary 22, 2017
This place could be a great place to work if they had "qualified managers". 90% of managers are abusive, they will blame you base on what "their puppy-nurses" (aka favorite nurses aka spies) have reported to them, regardless of what is mentioned in the facility's policies and procedures (oh yes, that bad!!). They have mastered the art of "gossiping", despite their pickle pledge. Nurses are constantly shooting at each others base on the mess created by the managers. SHAME ON THEM. Good nurses are leaving every month and still, nobody seems to be noticing there is something wrong. They are lucky this is the only hospital in Midland.
Pros
The patients
Cons
Bad... evil management
Fun place to work. Lovely, dependable coworkers
PATIENT ACCESS REGISTRAR (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJanuary 18, 2017
Learned so much from my patients, coworkers, supervisors and managers. Busy work days most of the time, very hectic schedule especially being a PRN. Hardest part of the job is seeing patients in pain.
Pros
Free lunches, nice coworkers and supervisors
Cons
Short-staffed, short breaks
Too much politics
Retail Services Manager (Former Employee) –  MrketJanuary 10, 2017
The politics of the hospital are just too extreme. If you don't play the game then you are marked as a nonplayer.

I was targeted as a non player and they looked for any excuse to force me out.
Since I was there, there have been too other managers, so I don't believe it was all me.
Most of my career here
Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJanuary 6, 2017
I was fortunate to work at Midland Memorial Hospital for most of my professional life. During that time, I was promoted several times and made some great friends. All in all, it was a good experience.
Fun ans Exciting
Certified Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJanuary 5, 2017
Fun and exciting. Night shift you always got to see many different health issues come through the ER. ICU, CCU & ER are great learning experience.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Long stressful hours in the winter season
Good work environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Midland, TX 79701January 3, 2017
There is a great opportunity for advancement. Work environment is very inviting and all those around you, are willing to help if needed.
Extraordinary Orginization
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Midland, TX 79701December 14, 2016
Compensation and benefits are above average. Upholds values and integrity in everything that they do regarding patient and employee relations.
Pros
Continuing education provided
Cons
not enough parking space
Good office space
Systems Engineer- Contractor (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXDecember 12, 2016
The employees were not friendly but i really enjoyed working for the company. The Application Manager was very nice and he was my mentor. There was a lot of projects and i really improved on my skills.
Pros
free training
Cons
Employees not friendly.
Very colorful place in terms of the workforce
File Clerk/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXNovember 27, 2016
Midland Memorial was a very nice place to work for many years and I am thankful of the life it allowed me to give my family . The growth and opportunity for growth was very present and it led to me staying there 30 plus years
Pros
Steady workload and raises.
Cons
Frequent changes in management and vision for the hospital
I had a good experience working there
Assist Patients (Former Employee) –  MedicalNovember 22, 2016
Midland Health – Midland Memorial Hospital –MedicalUnit
Patient Care Assistants are primarily responsible forthe delivery of care to patients as delegated by a licensed nurse and within the scope of practice. They take vital signs and observe the patient’s physical, and mental condition and report changes in patient immediately to the nurse. PCA are responsible for providing a clean andsafe environment while assisting patients with walking, getting out of bed, changing clothing, eating, and changing bed linens. PCA also help patients with grooming, bathing, hair washing, brushing, and toileting. They encourage and exhibit positive communication and work in partnership with other healthcare team members, patients, visitors, families, and physicians.
overworked and grossly underpaid
employee (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXOctober 18, 2016
The management and executive staff at this hospital are practically non-existence. They basically overwork their entire staff and give them unattainable goals that could never be met. Most departments are understaffed and so overloaded with work that it is so hard to get anything accomplished as an employee.
Pros
some of people are very nice and hard workers
Cons
lousy benefits, most people are not held accountable for their lack of follow through.
Family Oriented
Registrar (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXOctober 7, 2016
This company makes you feel like your part of a family. They provide incentive bonuses, benefits, and opportunities to move up. I have enjoyed working for this company more then any other employer.
MMH has no Heart
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXSeptember 27, 2016
Talked to customer about their bill and helped with any question they had on insurance issues.

Tis hospital takes great care of their patients but not their employees.
Pros
Great for Patients
Cons
Notso much for employees
difficult work environment
BSN, RN (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJuly 11, 2016
I have had to be at several hospitals for my husbands job relocations and this was by far one of the most difficult companies to work for. Most of the management was unprofessional and employees were treated poorly.
Release of Informaton
Release of Information Clerk (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJune 29, 2016
A typical work day would include phones ringing every 10 minutes, I learned how to be efficient with multitasking, including helping others whom come in as a walk in, helping my team, and other sections in the department. I enjoyed this job even on its rough days. It gets frustrating at times but the key is to take deep breaths, remain positive and keep going.
Registered Nurse
REGISTERED NURSE-STAFF NURSE (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJune 12, 2016
Perform physical assessments, dispense ordered medication, collect samples, obtain vital signs, follow plan of care and include parents/family in treatment plan. Be an advocate and advise MD of any changes or concerns of the patient or family.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Midland Memorial Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Midland Memorial Hospital Reviews by Location