Midland Mortgage Employee Reviews

Not a good place to work.
Mortgage Servicing Associate I (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 14, 2017
Company is Ok.HR is despicable with no oversight. Pay is is poor with no or very small raises. Complaints are ignored by management (HR). Handicap people are not accommodated.
Good place to work overall
Delinquency Associate (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 13, 2017
Overall the job was good but employees who have been there longer have final say in your performance even though it may not be true or if they are proven wrong.
Good Place to work
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 28, 2017
Was a good place to work
Had good people
Management was very good
Hardest part of job - not talking
Enjoyed the people
Workplace was great
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Supervisor
Review
Sr Foreclosure Litigation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 17, 2016
Some bosses are only about themselves. The company is big on performance and tracking what is done at all times of the day and takes it too far most of the time. A lot of the standards are not obtainable either.
Pros
Coworkers make the job
Cons
Management is terrible
Rewarding and relaxed atmosphere
Temporary Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 26, 2016
balancing mortgages that were delinquent, contacting insurance agencies for proper paperwork; balance escrow and reviewing property management paperwork.
Pros
Learned alot about insurance and mortgages
Cons
temporary position
Very unconfortable atmosphere
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  OKC, OKSeptember 13, 2016
The Management needs to improve. the management team shows favoritism and doesn't like to give time off when requested. the vice president of the HR department is very rude and lies frequently causing me to record all conversations held with her while still employed.
Pros
free cheap lunches
Cons
30 min lunches and 5 min bathroom breaks for entire work shift
Awful company
delinquency associate III (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 26, 2016
Don't waste your time!!! This company is borderline criminal with how they treat the employees. From day one you receive the worst possible training and people who complained are immediately set up to be terminated. Midland has a culture of lying to employees and customers. Supervisors walk around like they are better than the employees and rarely acknowledge your existence. Worked at Midland for almost 2 years before my manager said hello to me. Turnover is a huge problem so don't make any friends because they won't be around long. Raises are non existent even when you are the top performer month after month.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Pay, atmosphere, supervisors, retaliatory, degrading
Move along, nothing to see here
Delinquency Associate (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 26, 2016
The company has a culture of backstabbing and incompetence. Your job is safe as long as you don't show any common sense. If you want to move up within the company you have to join the mean girl clique. Hours are decent but the brunt of the work is put on the top performers because the supervisors spend a lot of time socializing with one another instead of developing their employees.
Pros
Hours and all major holidays off
Cons
Pay is awful, a few team members are responsible for carrying the team, high school atmosphere, innovation and creativity are not welcomed.
Wonderful
Mortgage Payment Processor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 14, 2016
Wonderful company to have been a part of. I loved it. The reason I left is because I was offered another position at a different company that paid way more. At the time I thought it was a better position.
Pros
Great company
Benefits
No room to grow and supervisors are poorly trained.
Loss Mitigation Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 26, 2016
I worked a Midland Mortgage for 2 years and I have no idea why I held on so long. The biggest complaint among employees were the supervisors and nothing was ever done to address the poor management. The hours are nice and the facilities are kept pretty clean.
Pros
Hours, major holidays off
Cons
Management, pay is $4-$5 below industry average, high school atmosphere
Micromanaged
Default Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 22, 2015
I didn't enjoy my time at Midland but that's because I personally don't like to be micromanaged. Some people thrive on follow up, but I'd rather know my job duties and be responsible for getting the work done
Pros
People
Cons
Micromanaged
Like-minded approach to customer service
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Palmyra, VANovember 6, 2015
Very much enjoyed working for Midland Mortgage Corporation as their philosophy toward customer service and mine aligned. Management gave me the freedom to grow my market while providing the support I needed when needed. The back office was excellent and worked tirelessly to insure a happy customer.
Stable Employment
Delinquency Associate II (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 15, 2015
8 hours daily on the phone.
Patience & understanding of the mortgagor's issues.
Micro-managed very stressful.
Co-workers were great.
Hardest part of job, too much stress especially if you need to leave for appointments or were sick.
Enjoyed most the independent work stations.
Great benefits.
Pros
Steady & stable employment, cafeteria, reasonable pay.
Cons
Need a better training staff & less stress on the supervisors.
Poor management and low pay.
Delinquency Associate I (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 11, 2015
I am currently an employee at Midland Mortgage and all I can say is avoid it at all costs. The only reason people stay is because of the hours. The line level pay is so far below other call centers but the management pay is higher than average. No one ever gets promoted unless you are friends with the managers. The supervisors lack leadership skills and have no clue how to develop employees. Coworkers are cool as long as they aren't the bitter lifers.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Management, Pay, Politics
Opportunity for all ages
Title Servicing Associate (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 13, 2015
A flexible and fairly laid back work environment. Could raise the pay due to the amount of work being dealt with. Great opportunity for anyone especially entry level.
N/a
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 13, 2015
Management doesn't know how to work with employees when it comes to needing days off even when you let them know in advance. Management all had attitudes everyday and felt like no one wanted to help you when needed.
Delinquency Associate II (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 3, 2015
It is a good company to work for. The work environment is peaceful yet busy. I love my set work schedule. They have not had any layoffs since they have been in business.
Execellet Benefits and management
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 6, 2015
Everyone in the company is very friendly and helpful. Customers will call upset on occasion must be able to handle unhappy customers.
Great people to work with.
Loan Consultant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 25, 2015
It was a routine job. It was the same thing over and over eveyday. Talk to customers on the phone, take a payment and do it all over again.
Temp/Full Time
Temp/Full Time (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 28, 2015
I came in a temp and was hired on full time. Worked there for over 1 1/2 and still made the same amount as I did as a temp. I had a degree and my reviews were outstanding, but raises were only given at certain times, so there is really no point of going to extra mile. I felt that I had to leave if I wanted to improve my self, so I did. Great hours and benefits, but if you have no responsibilities and no bills then this is the place for you, other wise you will live paycheck to paycheck.
Pros
Banking Hours, Flexible Hours
Cons
Pay is really low, and upward movement is terrible

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Midland Mortgage. Our community is ready to answer.

Midland Mortgage Reviews by Location