Midland Mortgage Employee Reviews in United States

Awful company
delinquency associate III (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 26, 2016
Don't waste your time!!! This company is borderline criminal with how they treat the employees. From day one you receive the worst possible training and people who complained are immediately set up to be terminated. Midland has a culture of lying to employees and customers. Supervisors walk around like they are better than the employees and rarely acknowledge your existence. Worked at Midland for almost 2 years before my manager said hello to me. Turnover is a huge problem so don't make any friends because they won't be around long. Raises are non existent even when you are the top performer month after month.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Pay, atmosphere, supervisors, retaliatory, degrading
Move along, nothing to see here
Delinquency Associate (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 26, 2016
The company has a culture of backstabbing and incompetence. Your job is safe as long as you don't show any common sense. If you want to move up within the company you have to join the mean girl clique. Hours are decent but the brunt of the work is put on the top performers because the supervisors spend a lot of time socializing with one another instead of developing their employees.
Pros
Hours and all major holidays off
Cons
Pay is awful, a few team members are responsible for carrying the team, high school atmosphere, innovation and creativity are not welcomed.
Wonderful
Mortgage Payment Processor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 14, 2016
Wonderful company to have been a part of. I loved it. The reason I left is because I was offered another position at a different company that paid way more. At the time I thought it was a better position.
Pros
Great company
Benefits
No room to grow and supervisors are poorly trained.
Loss Mitigation Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 26, 2016
I worked a Midland Mortgage for 2 years and I have no idea why I held on so long. The biggest complaint among employees were the supervisors and nothing was ever done to address the poor management. The hours are nice and the facilities are kept pretty clean.
Pros
Hours, major holidays off
Cons
Management, pay is $4-$5 below industry average, high school atmosphere
Like-minded approach to customer service
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Palmyra, VANovember 6, 2015
Very much enjoyed working for Midland Mortgage Corporation as their philosophy toward customer service and mine aligned. Management gave me the freedom to grow my market while providing the support I needed when needed. The back office was excellent and worked tirelessly to insure a happy customer.
Stable Employment
Delinquency Associate II (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 15, 2015
8 hours daily on the phone.
Patience & understanding of the mortgagor's issues.
Micro-managed very stressful.
Co-workers were great.
Hardest part of job, too much stress especially if you need to leave for appointments or were sick.
Enjoyed most the independent work stations.
Great benefits.
Pros
Steady & stable employment, cafeteria, reasonable pay.
Cons
Need a better training staff & less stress on the supervisors.
Poor management and low pay.
Delinquency Associate I (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 11, 2015
I am currently an employee at Midland Mortgage and all I can say is avoid it at all costs. The only reason people stay is because of the hours. The line level pay is so far below other call centers but the management pay is higher than average. No one ever gets promoted unless you are friends with the managers. The supervisors lack leadership skills and have no clue how to develop employees. Coworkers are cool as long as they aren't the bitter lifers.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Management, Pay, Politics
Opportunity for all ages
Title Servicing Associate (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 13, 2015
A flexible and fairly laid back work environment. Could raise the pay due to the amount of work being dealt with. Great opportunity for anyone especially entry level.
N/a
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 13, 2015
Management doesn't know how to work with employees when it comes to needing days off even when you let them know in advance. Management all had attitudes everyday and felt like no one wanted to help you when needed.
Delinquency Associate II (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 3, 2015
It is a good company to work for. The work environment is peaceful yet busy. I love my set work schedule. They have not had any layoffs since they have been in business.
Execellet Benefits and management
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 6, 2015
Everyone in the company is very friendly and helpful. Customers will call upset on occasion must be able to handle unhappy customers.
Great people to work with.
Loan Consultant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 25, 2015
It was a routine job. It was the same thing over and over eveyday. Talk to customers on the phone, take a payment and do it all over again.
Temp/Full Time
Temp/Full Time (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 28, 2015
I came in a temp and was hired on full time. Worked there for over 1 1/2 and still made the same amount as I did as a temp. I had a degree and my reviews were outstanding, but raises were only given at certain times, so there is really no point of going to extra mile. I felt that I had to leave if I wanted to improve my self, so I did. Great hours and benefits, but if you have no responsibilities and no bills then this is the place for you, other wise you will live paycheck to paycheck.
Pros
Banking Hours, Flexible Hours
Cons
Pay is really low, and upward movement is terrible
Productive Job
DELINQUENCY ASSOCIATE (TEMP JOB) (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 22, 2015
Large office space with multiple associates to assist with any questions. Work tasks are all the same but work for each loan is completely different. Never the same thing review but repetitive and detailed checklist required
Interesting work experience
Loan Counselor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 15, 2015
Management was very strict and non-understanding. Did not listen to employee problems. at a building were the temperature was always too hot or too cold.
Very fun and great place to work
Delinquency Associate (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 8, 2015
You always had more than enough work to keep you busy during the day you management was great about leaving you alone to get your work done. Training was great and you always had people around you to help you out if you had a question about anything. The people in the office were great and always friendly. Benefits were outstanding!
Decent company, but does not pay for the work load
Bankruptcy Administrator III (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 6, 2015
The company had a very high turnover, management very rarely use positive reinforcement, constantly focusing on negative. I learned to all my administrative skills there, but after 16 years, was only making $15 an hour. I was at my peak as well. I enjoyed my co-workers, but they need to re assess their management.
Pros
learned a lot of mortgage legalities
Cons
do not pay enough for the large workload
delinquent
Delinquency Associate (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 9, 2014
Office work. How to be a good employee. Management are good people.
typical office job
Delinquency Associate II (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 17, 2014
I really enjoy working for a company that does so much for their employees, but you have to have a college degree in order to promote to management. No matter that you are more knowledgeable than the manager who was hired only because of a degree.....
Pros
christmas bonus, referral bonus
Cons
college degree required for management
If you love cubicle life this would be the place to go.
Delinquency Associate III (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 18, 2014
A typical day at MMC would be to clock in and get stqrted working. There was not much allowance to interact with co-workers unless on break/lunch.

I learned a lot about delinquencies of home mortgages.

The management is mid-stream micro. They were not allowed the time to micro-manage to the extreme due to the work load.

The hardest part of the job was finding favor in the eyes of management; without it you may hit a glass ceiling fast.

Midland Mortgage Reviews by Location