MIDLAND MORTGAGE

MIDLAND MORTGAGE Employer Reviews

Interesting work experience
Loan Counselor (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 15, 2015
Management was very strict and non-understanding. Did not listen to employee problems. at a building were the temperature was always too hot or too cold.
Very fun and great place to work
Delinquency Associate (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 8, 2015
You always had more than enough work to keep you busy during the day you management was great about leaving you alone to get your work done. Training was great and you always had people around you to help you out if you had a question about anything. The people in the office were great and always friendly. Benefits were outstanding!
Decent company, but does not pay for the work load
Bankruptcy Administrator III (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: learned a lot of mortgage legalities
Cons: do not pay enough for the large workload
The company had a very high turnover, management very rarely use positive reinforcement, constantly focusing on negative. I learned to all my administrative skills there, but after 16 years, was only making $15 an hour. I was at my peak as well. I enjoyed my co-workers, but they need to re assess their management.
delinquent
Delinquency Associate (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKNovember 9, 2014
Office work. How to be a good employee. Management are good people.
typical office job
Delinquency Associate II (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKOctober 17, 2014
Pros: christmas bonus, referral bonus
Cons: college degree required for management
I really enjoy working for a company that does so much for their employees, but you have to have a college degree in order to promote to management. No matter that you are more knowledgeable than the manager who was hired only because of a degree.....
If you love cubicle life this would be the place to go.
Delinquency Associate III (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 18, 2014
A typical day at MMC would be to clock in and get stqrted working. There was not much allowance to interact with co-workers unless on break/lunch.

I learned a lot about delinquencies of home mortgages.

The management is mid-stream micro. They were not allowed the time to micro-manage to the extreme due to the work load.

The hardest part of the job was finding favor in the eyes of management; without it you may hit a glass ceiling fast.
good job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKAugust 14, 2014
This was a good job. Anyone with this job would be happy. Make sure to get all work done and enjoy what you do.
Great Oppurtunity
Collections Counselor in Call Center (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJuly 20, 2014
Pros: great perks
Cons: very regimented scheduling
Great opportunity to learn the mortgage business. Awesome training and coaching.
Great work environment. Had to move due to husband's employment before I had a chance to get very far with the company
Loss Mitigation Plan Administrator (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJune 4, 2014
Pros: great training
Cons: pay was a little low
I thought the training given before starting my position was very effective. The work environment was great. Management was also great.
Challanging and have had a great opportunity to learn
Director of Operations (Current Employee), Columbia, SCMay 2, 2014
Pros: work indpendently
Cons: on call 24/7 365 for 14 years
I'm a one man show and wear many hats, mainly in the IT arena, I multitask. I mange co-workers on different levels, implement security, create training seminars, create training manuals, problem solve, handle projects as the arise. Create better workflow for better business practices, among many other task.

The business is poorly managed, and I feel is going to close soon or go out of business.
Good Company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKApril 18, 2014
Pros: monday-friday
Cons: length of lunch changed every day
Learned a lot about mortgages, management was supportive and helping with understand job duties, being able to help customers understand things better.
good work palce
Delinquency Associate I (Current Employee), oklahoma city okApril 12, 2014
Pros: the deli
Cons: managment
Enjoy the people I work with. The most enjoyable part of the job making sure our Mortgagors kept their homes
Micro Managed
Loss Mitigation (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OkApril 1, 2014
Pros: good insurance
Cons: micro managed
The job was very stressful and the management were not very helpful. They microed managed everything that we did.
Interesting job, hard to advance
Loss Mitigation Forfeiture Administrator II (Current Employee), Okc, OKMarch 27, 2014
Pros: meaningful work, good co-workers
Cons: low salary, hard to advance
I enjoy what I do at Midland Mortgage. I negotiate shortsales which is fairly rewarding. However; the pay at Midland is fairly low and there is little opportunity for advancement.
Family Company with a conservative attitude
Assistant Manager Collections (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMarch 24, 2014
Pros: work hours
Cons: micro managment
My typical day was spent working with associates to develop a call flow that would allow them to communicate important information in an acceptable amount of time. I learned organizational skills, leadership skills, and time management. The hardest part of the job was the company was extremely micro managed and they did not accept change. I once recommended a different approach to talking to our mortgagors, but was shut down before I was able to present this information. Another manager (who was hired externally) heard about my idea and thought it was good. He helped me run a test and it showed significant results. My manager was made aware of the project and its results, but proceeded to say he would take over. He then said it did not work after having me give him the results of the test. The project never went further and my manager told me he did not trust me. On a separate occasion I was in a meeting and gave some best practices that had worked for me in the past. He told me that, "I gave too many suggestions and needed to back off." The most enjoyable part of my job was working with my fellow managers and my staff. There were a lot of good people there that truly wanted to do a good job. They were hardworking and fun to be around.
Fast paced and productive enviroment
Payment Processor (Former Employee), Oklahoma CityMarch 10, 2014
process hundreds of mortgage payments daily, handled electronic files, and balanced several accounts
Great place to work and stable
Loss Mitigation Plan Administrator (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMarch 2, 2014
Dealing with borrowers to help them obtain modification programs for all types of loan types. Co-workers were great. Most enjoyable part was working with borrowers and of course the bonus structure as pretty good.
Great Organization and Great Co-workers
Loan Consultant (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: laid-back, multi-tasking
Cons: irate customers
Amazing Company. Alot of growth came from within the company.
Good Place To Work
Assistant Manager, Foreclosure Review (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 27, 2014
Much better than corporate America, still has a 'mom and pop' feel.
Okay
Service Associate II (Former Employee), Oklahoma CityJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: bought us lunches
Cons: qc scores
I liked the people that I worked with. Management was helpful.

MIDLAND MORTGAGE Salaries