MIDLAND MORTGAGE

MIDLAND MORTGAGE Employer Reviews

good job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKAugust 14, 2014
This was a good job. Anyone with this job would be happy. Make sure to get all work done and enjoy what you do.
Great Oppurtunity
Collections Counselor in Call Center (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJuly 20, 2014
Pros: great perks
Cons: very regimented scheduling
Great opportunity to learn the mortgage business. Awesome training and coaching.
Great work environment. Had to move due to husband's employment before I had a chance to get very far with the company
Loss Mitigation Plan Administrator (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJune 4, 2014
Pros: great training
Cons: pay was a little low
I thought the training given before starting my position was very effective. The work environment was great. Management was also great.
Challanging and have had a great opportunity to learn
Director of Operations (Current Employee), Columbia, SCMay 2, 2014
Pros: work indpendently
Cons: on call 24/7 365 for 14 years
I'm a one man show and wear many hats, mainly in the IT arena, I multitask. I mange co-workers on different levels, implement security, create training seminars, create training manuals, problem solve, handle projects as the arise. Create better workflow for better business practices, among many other task.

The business is poorly managed, and I feel – more... is going to close soon or go out of business. – less
Good Company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKApril 18, 2014
Pros: monday-friday
Cons: length of lunch changed every day
Learned a lot about mortgages, management was supportive and helping with understand job duties, being able to help customers understand things better.
good work palce
Delinquency Associate I (Current Employee), oklahoma city okApril 12, 2014
Pros: the deli
Cons: managment
Enjoy the people I work with. The most enjoyable part of the job making sure our Mortgagors kept their homes
Micro Managed
Loss Mitigation (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OkApril 1, 2014
Pros: good insurance
Cons: micro managed
The job was very stressful and the management were not very helpful. They microed managed everything that we did.
Interesting job, hard to advance
Loss Mitigation Forfeiture Administrator II (Current Employee), Okc, OKMarch 27, 2014
Pros: meaningful work, good co-workers
Cons: low salary, hard to advance
I enjoy what I do at Midland Mortgage. I negotiate shortsales which is fairly rewarding. However; the pay at Midland is fairly low and there is little opportunity for advancement.
Family Company with a conservative attitude
Assistant Manager Collections (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMarch 24, 2014
Pros: work hours
Cons: micro managment
My typical day was spent working with associates to develop a call flow that would allow them to communicate important information in an acceptable amount of time. I learned organizational skills, leadership skills, and time management. The hardest part of the job was the company was extremely micro managed and they did not accept change. I once recommended – more... a different approach to talking to our mortgagors, but was shut down before I was able to present this information. Another manager (who was hired externally) heard about my idea and thought it was good. He helped me run a test and it showed significant results. My manager was made aware of the project and its results, but proceeded to say he would take over. He then said it did not work after having me give him the results of the test. The project never went further and my manager told me he did not trust me. On a separate occasion I was in a meeting and gave some best practices that had worked for me in the past. He told me that, "I gave too many suggestions and needed to back off." The most enjoyable part of my job was working with my fellow managers and my staff. There were a lot of good people there that truly wanted to do a good job. They were hardworking and fun to be around. – less
Fast paced and productive enviroment
Payment Processor (Former Employee), Oklahoma CityMarch 10, 2014
process hundreds of mortgage payments daily, handled electronic files, and balanced several accounts
Great place to work and stable
Loss Mitigation Plan Administrator (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMarch 2, 2014
Dealing with borrowers to help them obtain modification programs for all types of loan types. Co-workers were great. Most enjoyable part was working with borrowers and of course the bonus structure as pretty good.
Great Organization and Great Co-workers
Loan Consultant (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: laid-back, multi-tasking
Cons: irate customers
Amazing Company. Alot of growth came from within the company.
Good Place To Work
Assistant Manager, Foreclosure Review (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 27, 2014
Much better than corporate America, still has a 'mom and pop' feel.
Okay
Service Associate II (Former Employee), Oklahoma CityJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: bought us lunches
Cons: qc scores
I liked the people that I worked with. Management was helpful.
Quota driven.
Loss Mitigations Assistant (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKDecember 25, 2013
Pros: 1 hour lunch
Cons: only trains temps for 1 day.
A typical day is 8-5pm with an hour lunch. I log in to the indexing portal and read incoming documents and electronically file them. This process is ongoing.
Fun
Loan Counselor (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKDecember 18, 2013
The job is very challenging and forces you to really put your effort into it. It is very easy to advance within the company, which is a plus!
Work Place
Customer Support Services (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 25, 2013
Training Center is great and gave great knowledge of what to expect in job position.
Payoff Clerk (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 5, 2013
Worked closely with others. Team oriented job. Good place to work.
Great mortgage environment
Plan Administrator (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJuly 24, 2013
Speaking to delinquent mortgagors and giving them payment plans
Very productive work environment
Delinquency Associate II (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJuly 20, 2013
Pros: the level of trust given by management
Cons: it was very hard to always be the bad guy with customers. i did not like having to take homes away.
I worked with attorneys in all 50 states to ensure foreclosures proceeded timely. I would contact different attorneys daily. I also talked to customers trying to avoid foreclosures. I calculated due diligence timeframes. I also had to calculate payoffs and reinstatements. I completed several claims to third parties for loss incurred by Midland due to – more... their negligence. I prepared claims to the VA for loans being sent back. I prepared assignments of mortgages back to the VA. I managed the REO database. I would contact realtors making sure they were marketing Midland's REO property properly and getting them sold timely. I learned a lot about business. I got really proficient at producing payoffs, reinstatements and other financial documents. I learned how to manage attorneys. I also learned how to work within tight deadlines. The management was wonderful. They allowed me to work independently with very little involvement. The co-workers were all very professional and easy to work with and to help with any questions. I was often seen as a team leader within my department. The hardest part of the job was living up to all the different deadlines and learning how to time manage myself. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that I was helping the company recover some of its lost revenue. – less