Midland States Bank Employee Reviews

I liked my job there too but they done away with my job
Loan Specialist (Former Employee) –  Effingham, ILDecember 7, 2017
I learned a lot at midland i put loan documents together and shipped them off to the servicer. I also like the people i worked with. I learned a lot about loan documents and what they meant about each loan
Good working place
Investor Reporting Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MONovember 26, 2017
Good banking system,co-working are friendly. The hardest part of the job was perfecting because you are handling the investing and money issues.Management are professional and most enjoyable part of the job was monthly BBQ and senior managers cooked for employees.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
stress
Don't do it. It isn't worth it.
Universal Banker (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 8, 2017
They expect you to sell, even when you don't have customers coming through your branch. There is little to no training to help you, so I hope you've worked in a different bank before. There is a crazy amount of turnover, so I wouldn't get attached to anyone.

There is only one branch manager covering two branches, and in my experience, you are stuck without management help the majority of the time.

The only good thing about this job was the co workers, but we were all terrified we were going to get let go all the time.
It was an experience
Personal Banking Representative (Former Employee) –  Mendota, ILOctober 27, 2017
The best thing offered was a training program that improves oneself. Pacific Institute. Otherwise job security was not available with the way they push all the online services eliminating the need for a visit to the local branch.
I was temp. But the job was amazing!
Teller (Current Employee) –  Princeton, ILAugust 10, 2017
Everything was great. If you like numbers you can work in a fast pace environment and like to talk this is the job for you! Good training and continued training.
Not focused enough on employees
Retail banking (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 17, 2017
Great bank but poor employee management. They focus strongly on their culture but do not deliver. Sadly employees seem to just be a number. Beware of employee cuts to keep the budget down in order to afford expansion. Great banking products though and customer service.
Pros
Customer service, hours
Cons
No job security, lacks training, unorganized policies and procedures
Great opportunities for growth
Banking Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Freeport, ILApril 26, 2017
Midland States Bank offered a wonderful work environment with plenty of opportunity to grow. I had the flexibility from my supporting managers to manage my team how I saw fit while still adhering to the Midland cultural standard. In the two years I was with Midland I was able to promote an employee twice. I recognized the talent she exhibited and Midland put their faith in me to launch her as far forward as I could in the short time.
I was also able to launch my own career forward. There were so many opportunities to learn ew things that I could branch out in many ways.
I am very proud of the work that I did for Midland. If I find myself back in the Northern IL area, I will certainly be back the Midland.
No set Mission statement
Commercial Relationship Manager III (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILMarch 24, 2017
Hired to oversee the commercial loan department. The company was coming out of a C&D order from federal regulators. The overall experience and infrastructure of the loan department was poor and needed a complete over haul.
Pros
compensation package
Cons
lack of experience in senior managment.
Great Culture. Good Opportunities for Those That Want Them.
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Effingham, ILMarch 23, 2017
I have worked here for almost a year and it has been my best career experience. The work is challenging and you are thrown into the fire a little bit but the managers like to challenge you to do better and learn. While the work is challenging, management cares about the employees. My manager, and all managers I have met, are willing to work with me and help me grow. I enjoy working with all of my co-workers. Midland's culture is very encouraging and welcoming. It's not a perfect place, but you won't find many better company cultures than at Midland. Work hard, show desire to learn, and the company will work with you.
Pros
Growth opportunities. Culture.
Cons
Communication can be an issue at times.
Great culture and great coworkers!
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Effingham, ILMarch 22, 2017
I've been at Midland for a little over two years and I absolutely love it! Midland offers great culture, work-life balance, and career growth. The people I work with are amazing. I feel constantly challenged, encouraged, and supported which helps me be the best that I can be.
Midland's culture is exceptional!
Media Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Effingham, ILMarch 10, 2017
The culture and environment at Midland is fantastic. They give you an unlimited amount of opportunities to strengthen yourself, for the company and as an individual. If you show a desire to advance the managers or directors over your department are very proactive in helping you do so. The culture at Midland is far from the stereotypical old-fashioned bank. It is refreshing to see how intrigued upper management is with your performance.
Pros
Amazing benefits, motivated/involved staff
Great Place to Work
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Effingham, ILMarch 10, 2017
I have been here for over 6 years and I love it! Midland has a great culture and a lot of opportunity for growth. Fast paced atmosphere with lots of task variety. My co-workers are also very knowledgeable which allows me to bounce ideas off of them and learn from them.
Pros
Strong benefit package, paid maternity/paternity leave, awesome co-workers
Cons
Communication can sometimes be a challenge. But that's with every organization
Decent Place to work
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Effingham, ILFebruary 7, 2017
The corporate culture is improving but with new management a bigger transition is taking place and they are losing the momentum in culture.
Different Work Culture and Manager Coaching doesn't exist
Project Coordinator/Operational Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOJanuary 25, 2017
No training or procedures were provided. You had learn on your own and no overtime was allowed, yet job must be completed. Promotions were not shared with you individually, but in a group meeting and no raises was given with the promotion.
Management issues, Constant turnover
PB (Current Employee) –  Effingham, ILJanuary 24, 2017
Midland has some great people but some major issues. Constant internal operational issues which lead to a stressful work environment. Management manages under pressure, not from true leadership styles. The turnover in the branch and customer care (call center) is an issue. This is the team that is the face of the company and it is constantly changing. The management team in that department has no accountability.
Pros
Pay, bank holidays, time off
Cons
Management, high turnover rate, training (lack of comprehensive, ongoing training)
Do not work for this company
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis, MOJanuary 20, 2017
If you are looking for a company that does not know right from wrong, then look no further. MSB is a good bank but the management is horrendous. Everyone is trying to figure out what they are supposed to be doing with absolutely no guidance from upper management all the way to branch staff. There are no set policies so management just makes it up as they go. Positively the worst company I have ever worked for.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
upper management, stability, knowledge
Great place depending on the department
CCC (Current Employee) –  Effingham, ILJanuary 12, 2017
Midland is a great place to work. Good pay. Good hours. Several benefits. It all depends on the department though. The Customer Care Center has constant turnover. In 2016 alone 7 people left the 10 member team. There is constant change in policies and these are not spelled out or even written down. Managers micromanage and are constantly prying into employees personal lives.
Pros
Pay, Hours, Holidays off
Good Job
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Princeton, ILJanuary 6, 2017
Great place to work with nice co-workers and good benefits. It is a good variety of job skills to be used and we are constantly being tested on bank products and services.
Pros
Good group of employees
Cons
Closing branches and changing hours
Great place to work!
Quality Control Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Effingham, ILMarch 22, 2016
Awesome co-workers and staff. Everyone is very driven and willing to help each other out when needed. Work life balance is great. It's really nice to work in a small department but feel very robust and contribute to the goals and initiatives of the company. The bank itself is forward thinking and always looking to grow but still manages to maintain a small town feel through a great culture. There is definitely growth opportunity and the ability to define your own career path with Midland.
Pros
Benefit package and bonus structure, jean days, employee fun days
Good company
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  IlliinoisFebruary 3, 2016
Midland rewards long term employees. Is working on company culture to line up with what upper management would like to see. I have learned so much from working at Midland.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Midland States Bank. Our community is ready to answer.