Midmark Corporation

Midmark Corporation Employee Reviews

Productive and family atmosphere
Design Engineer/Manager (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, KYNovember 16, 2015
Midmark is a great place to work in that it allows for a good work/life balance most of the time. The subsidiary that I work at is smaller which allows for everyone to be tight-knit, but does not allow for too much advancement at that specific location.
Great Worklife/Family Balance
DIRECTOR OF QUALITY AND REGULATORY AFFAIRS (Former Employee) –  Versailles, OHSeptember 21, 2015
Fun work environment. Dedicated Teammates. Organizational restructuring can make it difficult for career advancement and increased responsibility.
Pros
casual dress
Cons
not centrally located
A productive environment allowing me to learn as well as enjoy my job
IT Client Services (Former Employee) –  Versailles, OHAugust 31, 2015
Through my internship at Midmark, I was able to learn many things around both my major and the understanding of a business environment. I learned useful skills to my major such as the use of batch scripts to automate tasks and a basic understanding of the hardware of a computer. Similarly, I also learned how deal with people and got the experience of customer service. This taught me patience and many other important virtues to any professional. Although I did learn a lot through this job, that is not to say I did not enjoy it. The IT department as a whole enjoyed multiple team bonding experiences such as cook outs and kickball games as well as just going out to lunch together with Client Services. It provided a fun and productive environment that was perfect to enhance my learning.
Pros
Great learning experience, enjoyable environment
Cons
Stressful days near project due dates
Fun and productive place to work with ping pong and pool tables.
DIRECTOR GLOBAL MARKETING & BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 23, 2015
There is never a typical work day. You are expected to be very creative and responsive to the current work and demands in the job. You have to love working at a high level and being challenged.
While at Midmark one of the greatest things I learned is the importance of emotional intelligence and all of the places that it is essential to your interactions.
Management is a strong, smart group of people that want to succeed.
Pros
Stable, privately owned, growing, midwest values.
Cons
It is a small town, and the work is challenging.
they have great break areas
Welder (Former Employee) –  Versailles, OHMay 7, 2015
A good place to work and good benifits and pay coworkers are great but feel managment could use some changes. I feel they have good euipment to work with. And a great maintancc dept.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
managment
Company was fast paced, converted from MRP Planningto Toyota kan ban production
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Orchard Park NApril 3, 2015
Parent Company Midmark, closed us down ans moved all product
back to Ohio, Matrx was good, when purchased by Midmak, they promised the world, doubled our business, shut us down when
there plant in Ohio was slow. So not good.
I enjoyed my time here
Extended Warranty Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Gardena CaliforniaJanuary 30, 2015
I was in Extended Warranty department and my coworkers were Great. Eventually corporate management demanded more and more numbers, which given the amount of units in use, were not possible to obtain. After a speech of how they did not believe in the recession, Layoffs began. We were treated well and commissions were paid even after two months away plus a small Severance after 3 months separation. .Loved the people I worked with and for at this location.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
impossible demands by upper management
Established company with great reputation in the industry
Medical Products & Services Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  FieldJanuary 20, 2015
In the field, you are given a lot of freedom to get done what is needed. The freedom is given with the condition that you are fully expected to get done what you are supposed to day in and day out.
Great People to work with.
Team Leader - Casework Assembly (Current Employee) –  Versailles, OHSeptember 5, 2014
Midmark is a great company to work for, they have hard working employees and great benefits that make it a good place to work.
Pros
great benefits, good employees
Cons
hours are not family friendly
Always busy
Repack (Former Employee) –  Versailles, Oh.May 2, 2014
I always kept busy. I liked my co-workers, everyone helped each other.
Enjoyed working with my teammates
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Versailles, OHApril 8, 2014
Assembly line responsibilities and training new employee taking over my position.
Progressive, innovative, collaborative growing company.
Manager, Corporate Development (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHFebruary 27, 2014
Midmark got into the healthcare equipment industry by selling a better exam table out of the back of a station wagon while the competitive leaders weren't looking. Today Midmark has tremendous market share in several product lines. However, our CEO and leadership team reminds us daily that what got us here today won't get us there tomorrow. We need to stay ahead of the next person/company with a viable product and station wagon. The company invests in teammate development so we can come in better today than we were yesterday, not only for personal growth, but to help move the company in new, innovative directions.
Pros
community atmosphere, company reinvests into itself, pay and benefits competitive.
Cons
tendency to try to tackle more projects than can be supported.
Positive attitude all around that created a great atmosphere along with working alongside great motivated individuals.
Engineer and Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Versailles, OHFebruary 24, 2014
Typical day of work consisted of providing and feeding off everyone's positive energy that constituted to being motivated day in and day out to get the tasks needed to be done on a daily basis. I worked around a great group of individuals within a highly organized team function. I learned engineering and marketing terminology as well as viewing various upstream and downstream marketing strategies that dealt with product, positioning, research, promotion, and distribution in the Midmark 630 HumanForm procedure table. Also dealt with the organization of each and every individual part that went along with the procedure table. The hardest part of the job was playing catch up as I entered the current project about half way through creation. The most enjoyable part of the job were working with the groups of teams that I was fortunate enough for this opportunity.
Pros
great managment
competitive environment, straight commission sales
Imaging Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  SouthEastJanuary 26, 2014
I would rank Midmark 3 stars out of 5 stars. Great products supplied for the dental market with competitive pricing. THe hardest part of the job would be maintaining sales growth and providing existing customers with proper technical support.
Great Place to Work
Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  Versailles, OHFebruary 23, 2013
Pay is a bit on the lower end, but everything else is top notch. There is a great working environment there. The company is forward thinking and I believe that they care about the employees.
Pros
good environment, hard working
Cons
location
Don`t care about teammates
Teammate (Former Employee) –  New YorkJanuary 7, 2013
You work your butt off for this company and they don`t care about you at all. They tell you that it is family orienated and that they care about you and your family. NOT!!! The best thing that could happen for that company is UNION to protect the employees. BAD place to work
Pros
decent health insurance
Cons
nothing
Fellow teamates are great to work with.
assembly/quality control (Current Employee) –  Versailles, OHSeptember 10, 2012
Management ,this area is something the company needs to work on,poor communication between workers and supervisors.
Work alot of hours ,you work until the build plan is done for the day whether it is 10hrs or 8hrs. Can`t plan on a schedule outside of work, can`t make plans to do anything until after work is done and if you have to leave for anything you either use vacation time or it count against you attendance.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
working hours
Midmark is a great place to work. They are highly focused on developing teammates and providing opportunities for advancement.
Plant Manager, Glasgow (Current Employee) –  Versailles, OHAugust 30, 2012
A typical day at work for me involved managing and setting direction for the facility. I worked with my team of supervisors to drive TPS modeled improvements throughout the entire operation.

At Midmark, I learned a great deal. They taught me how to be a professional, how to engage and lead others, and how to dig into the details on a project and put solutions together. The Midmark team is a group focused on people development and continuous improvement.

The hardest part of the job is being able to manage the demands from the corporate site with the demands of the local site. Being the leader at the local site, it was imperative that I be able to wear both the corporate and the local hats.
Pros
teammate development and continuous improvement
Cons
i really don't have a major con about midmark.
Blind to Opportunities
Executive Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, KYApril 10, 2012
Midmark is a great company that values their ability to adapt and change; however, the can not see the forest through the trees. There desire for continues change model prevents the managers from seeing the staff for the individuals that they are and the benefits that they offer.
There managers are intimidated by others opinions and unless you follow company mantra you are alienated and dismissed, even if you have skills that could benefit the company. If you are a follower who can curtail your opinion to meet a stringent list of requirements, or are looking for a 9 to 5 that will require minimal intellectual contribution then this is a perfect company.
Pros
great benifits
Cons
poor staff placement and hr support

Comment – December 3, 2012

Amen , They don`t care about the well-being of their employees all that company cares about is getting all they can out of the employee before they kill them and then let them go.

a good place to work
Laborer/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYMarch 23, 2012
i worked on a assembly line where it was kind of boring, but it held great job security. management was great to the workers. terrible beneifits. the company was not reliable. that factory closed and moved to ohio laying off over 40 people.