Midmark Corporation Employee Reviews

unfriendly upper management
MACHINIST (Former Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYAugust 11, 2017
management is constantly making bad decisions can't seem to figure out which direction they want to go. worked for a company that was bought out by Midmark and all they ever did was lie and break promises
Pros
Great people in the shop
Cons
management sucks
Not a good place to work
X-Ray Technician (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILJune 5, 2017
Human Resources walk around trying to find something to get you in trouble for they don't have any kind of respect for the worker at all they just look out for each other in the office area is not a good place to work for sorry
Incredibly friendly culture
Post Market Surveillance / CAPA Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Versailles, OHJune 3, 2017
Everyday landed opportunity to interact with dozens of people that share a strong family/ workplace balance value. Most managers were able to end their days on time to attend family events in the evening.
Executive Assistant
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 26, 2017
Midmark is one of the best companies I've every work for. The company has a great culture of work/life balance and practices what they preach. They truly care about their teammates. All executives have an open door policy and treat everyone with respect no matter their position.
Productive and fun working enviroment
Lead Sustaining/Packaging Engineer (Former Employee) –  Versailles, OhioMay 15, 2017
Midmark is a family oriented company who takes a lot of pride in their teammates. They strive to be the best they can be in their field and always think outside the box when wanting to succeed.
No room for advancement.
Welder (Current Employee) –  Versailles, OHApril 17, 2017
It is a secure job with great benefits. They have some of the best pay and insurance in our area. However, it is extremely difficult to advance if you don't like the same sports team as your manager or if you are good at a job that no one else wants to do. Most of the employees on the shop floor have a very negative attitude about day to day operations. The negativity is contagious. The new CEO shows some promise. Things may turn around in the future.
Pros
Great pay and benefits for the area
Cons
No advancement for good workers
Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Versailles, OHApril 16, 2017
Everyone treats you great. Nice hours can work a lot of overtime if you want. They are completely behind firefighters and emts very supportive letting you leave to help your community.
Cons
Paid bi-weekly and a lot of safety procedures.
Very one sided place to work.
Assembly Line Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Versailles, OHSeptember 25, 2016
They pay very well but they are not about your health. If you become terminally ill they will terminate you. It is also a great place to work if you know people in upper management other wise the rules only apply to you.There is no confidentiality either your business is discussed over beer at that local bar by the supervisors to other associates.
You're either lucky or unlucky with the job they give you
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Versailles, OHJuly 15, 2016
When I worked at Midmark (a little over 4 months), I had a hard time keeping up with the work they gave me. Every day I wound up breaking a sweat within the first hour of work. I had some hope though, because I was told day in and day out that things would get easier. After about a month, all of the movements became second nature and I thought I was finally in the rhythm of things. Well my team leaders noticed and decided to add more work to my already challenging job.

I could have gritted my teeth and pushed through (and I did for a while), but here's the thing that angered me most: MY TEAM LEADERS DID NOTHING BUT TALK ALL DAY! They didn't even talk about work. Every time I walked by them, I could hear the things they were talking about. It was ALWAYS about their weekend, things they've done in the past, and other nonsense that happened outside of work. These guys are getting paid over $20 an hour to talk. They refuse to work unless there is a problem on the line. Then after that it's right back to talking.

My team leaders weren't the only ones who did this either. On multiple occasions throughout the day, my line would get visitors from the other lines and the forklift drivers. They had enough time in their schedule to actually come over and talk. They'd lean on the counters, laugh, and have a grand old time. Meanwhile the three guys I work with along with myself are sweating and moving as fast as we can just to keep up with production.

In my opinion calling these guys team "leaders" is wrong. They DO NOT lead, and don't deserve that title.

Also on
  more... the multiple occasions our line would go down for the night, my team and I would go over to another plant where they needed "help." We would do the jobs that were short handed for the night. These were the easiest jobs I've ever done. The one I usually got assigned to was nothing more than waiting on a machine to fold metal into specific shapes and then stacking that metal into a cart. I would literally stand there and wait on the machine for over a minute and then put the part into a cart. Once the cart was full I'd take it to a specific spot and get another one.

I soon found out that most jobs in Plant C are like this. I worked in Plant A and it was a nightmare for me.

Midmark needs to seriously reevaluate what each person is doing for their job. Some people are severely overworked, while others literally talk all night.
Pros
Good pay, Good benefits
Cons
Unfair workload distribution, Team Leaders who don't work
A job that pays well with good benefits
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Versailles, OHFebruary 26, 2016
It's a typical small town factory job. Everyone is worried about everyone else's business instead of focusing on doing their job well.
fast pace work place
Floater (Current Employee) –  Versailles, OHJanuary 25, 2016
I am really busy for the most part of my day. Learned the many different types of people their are in this world. Hardest part of job is being told to do a job that you and they know is really difficult for me to do instead of allowing you to switch to something else you can do better. Hours are good.
Pros
job advancement
Cons
get treated different if not friends with certain people or realted to.
Productive and family atmosphere
Design Engineer/Manager (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, KYNovember 16, 2015
Midmark is a great place to work in that it allows for a good work/life balance most of the time. The subsidiary that I work at is smaller which allows for everyone to be tight-knit, but does not allow for too much advancement at that specific location.
Great Worklife/Family Balance
DIRECTOR OF QUALITY AND REGULATORY AFFAIRS (Former Employee) –  Versailles, OHSeptember 21, 2015
Fun work environment. Dedicated Teammates. Organizational restructuring can make it difficult for career advancement and increased responsibility.
Pros
casual dress
Cons
not centrally located
A productive environment allowing me to learn as well as enjoy my job
IT Client Services (Former Employee) –  Versailles, OHAugust 31, 2015
Through my internship at Midmark, I was able to learn many things around both my major and the understanding of a business environment. I learned useful skills to my major such as the use of batch scripts to automate tasks and a basic understanding of the hardware of a computer. Similarly, I also learned how deal with people and got the experience of customer service. This taught me patience and many other important virtues to any professional. Although I did learn a lot through this job, that is not to say I did not enjoy it. The IT department as a whole enjoyed multiple team bonding experiences such as cook outs and kickball games as well as just going out to lunch together with Client Services. It provided a fun and productive environment that was perfect to enhance my learning.
Pros
Great learning experience, enjoyable environment
Cons
Stressful days near project due dates
Fun and productive place to work with ping pong and pool tables.
DIRECTOR GLOBAL MARKETING & BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 23, 2015
There is never a typical work day. You are expected to be very creative and responsive to the current work and demands in the job. You have to love working at a high level and being challenged.
While at Midmark one of the greatest things I learned is the importance of emotional intelligence and all of the places that it is essential to your interactions.
Management is a strong, smart group of people that want to succeed.
Pros
Stable, privately owned, growing, midwest values.
Cons
It is a small town, and the work is challenging.
they have great break areas
Welder (Former Employee) –  Versailles, OHMay 7, 2015
A good place to work and good benifits and pay coworkers are great but feel managment could use some changes. I feel they have good euipment to work with. And a great maintancc dept.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
managment
Company was fast paced, converted from MRP Planningto Toyota kan ban production
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Orchard Park NApril 3, 2015
Parent Company Midmark, closed us down ans moved all product
back to Ohio, Matrx was good, when purchased by Midmak, they promised the world, doubled our business, shut us down when
there plant in Ohio was slow. So not good.
I enjoyed my time here
Extended Warranty Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Gardena CaliforniaJanuary 30, 2015
I was in Extended Warranty department and my coworkers were Great. Eventually corporate management demanded more and more numbers, which given the amount of units in use, were not possible to obtain. After a speech of how they did not believe in the recession, Layoffs began. We were treated well and commissions were paid even after two months away plus a small Severance after 3 months separation. .Loved the people I worked with and for at this location.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Impossible demands by Upper Management
Established company with great reputation in the industry
Medical Products & Services Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  FieldJanuary 20, 2015
In the field, you are given a lot of freedom to get done what is needed. The freedom is given with the condition that you are fully expected to get done what you are supposed to day in and day out.
Great People to work with.
Team Leader - Casework Assembly (Current Employee) –  Versailles, OHSeptember 5, 2014
Midmark is a great company to work for, they have hard working employees and great benefits that make it a good place to work.
Pros
Great Benefits, good employees
Cons
Hours are not family friendly

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Midmark Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2