MidMichigan Health Employee Reviews

OK place to work depending on supervision.
Office Associate (Former Employee) –  Midland, MIDecember 16, 2017
Most employees and doctors I worked with were wonderful. Unfortunately, the wages aren't great for what is expected of you. Lunches are usually nonexistent. The worst part is when you are unlucky enough to get a bad supervisor like we had. Insensitive, unsympathetic, doesn't look people in the eye, and plays favorites. Had no idea what we did but micromanaged us. He is buddies with his boss and even though there have been complaints against him, nothing was ever done.
There are good supervisors that are great to their employees. Mine just wasn't one of them.
The hospital usually lets people go between January to June due to low financials at the end of their fiscal year.
Pros
Most employees and doctors.
Cons
Insensitive, unsympathetic supervisor. Wages.
Admitting Representative (Current Employee) –  Clare, MINovember 28, 2017
Love working in the health care industry and interacting with patients as well as other medical staff. Great place to work, however hours just are not available.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Inconsistent hours and or shifts available
Miserable
Facilities, Security & Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Clare, MINovember 21, 2017
Local management great, corporate management, not so great. Personal responsibility not equitably exhibited. Very cutthroat environment. Upper management looks out for their own self preservation only.
Pros
Local management
Cons
Corporate management
Excellent!
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Midland, MIOctober 8, 2017
I find it a very enjoyable place to work, staff morale very good. Wages are a bit low for MAs but hospital systems do have their ranges that tend to be low for MAs.
Pros
Excellent benefits compared to others
Cons
Wages are a bit low for MAs but most hospital systems are low for MAs
Boring, lack of advancement, poor environment
OR Technician (Current Employee) –  Midland, MISeptember 26, 2017
This job is boring, the people there are not friendly and the management/supervision is lazy and doesn't care about their employees. They micromanage everything and use collective punishment as a means to "teach a lesson".
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Mean people, terrible management, could use a better foundation
crazy at times
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Midland, MISeptember 16, 2017
well the people are snobby there, food sucks, the team work is void. management is a joke and a half at least it was when I was there. pay not that good for your expected work
Student Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Clare, MISeptember 6, 2017
Great place to work with a great working environment. Team building incorporated into the work week and very low stress, relaxed setting. Would recommend.
Decent Place of Unemployment if you are FULL TIME
Administrative Assistant of PT (Current Employee) –  Clare, MIAugust 28, 2017
The only thing that is really a struggle is that they promise you full-time with benefits, but even after 2 years, I am still without a full time status and the extra benefits that go along with it. Gets to be pretty irritating.
Excellent place to work and be treated
Admitting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Midland, MIAugust 4, 2017
MidMichigan Health is a great place to work as well as be treated as a patient. The staff really go out of their way to make it a stress free place to be. It is always clean and nice looking.
Great work environment, noncompetitive wages
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Midland, MIJuly 5, 2017
Great work environment, noncompetitive wages. It is unfortunate the responsibilities that pay grade 4 employees have yet the amount that they are paid. Some deli markets pay more.
Pros
30 min lunch, Pto, work environment, friendly staff
Cons
wages
My co-workers were amazing and spent a great deal of time making sure I got experience with as many patients, lab tests, and injections as possible.
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee) –  Freeland, MIJune 9, 2017
Great place to work, very supportive co-workers, good hours. I had a huge exposure to varying patients. I was given ample opportunity to become proficient with the lab tests and giving injections. Also had the opportunity to perform EKG's.
Excellent Place to Work!
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Midland, MIMay 17, 2017
Love my job!

I love my job and my management team. Sadly, there is no room for advancement into a management position. Must be a licensed therapist to move into management.
Pros
Great Management Team
Cons
No room to advance into Management- Must be a licensed therapist
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Midland, MIMay 3, 2017
The days were great. Gave the care that the patients needed. I've learned a lot working there. The management was great. They took the time to listen, took care of issues. An made sure staff were well taking care of. The culture was great.
Interesting Envionment
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Alpena, MIMarch 23, 2017
MidMichigan is a neat and crazy place to have your days at, but it is filled with people who can make your day go better. It's a laid back easy flowing place to go with. You can expect to work hard and pick up a bunch of hours.
great place to work
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Midland, MIFebruary 27, 2017
I worked in the medical billing dept. I performed numerous jobs. On a daily basics I scanned thousands of explanation of benefits from insurance companies. I also pulled paid explanation of benefits to send to secondary insurance companies for payment. I also applied 20% discount to private pay statements as needed.
Working
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Midland, MIFebruary 15, 2017
Great place to work, wonderful people to work with. I would recommend anyone to work here and all of its affiliates.

Management is very friendly and kind.

Nurses typically work a 12 hour day.
Just say no
Radiology Technologist (Current Employee) –  MichiganFebruary 8, 2017
This organization does not provideal you with the tools to succeed. They do not replace staff, casual positions are none existent. Human resource has a no door policy, meaning you have to call or email to have questions answered if they will answer them. There is no human resources office. They reward mediocre employees, don't go above and beyond. Looking for a new job.
Pros
My coworkers
Cons
Low pay, poor emr and workflows
Great people and future
Director of Neurosciences and Surgical Services (Former Employee) –  Midland, MIJanuary 31, 2017
The culture here is wonderful. The people are great to work with. I loved my job and wanted to retire from there. My position was eliminated but would not hesitate to recommend.
Caring Compassionate staff with new Management
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Hospice West SideJanuary 17, 2017
I have worked for MMHC for the past 12-13 years. I've seen many changes and experienced many frustrations in the past, but since new management has taken over the morale and work ethic has improved. They truly care about the well-being of the patients, their families and MMHC staff. I feel within the last 6-8 months, things have improved and staff are becoming a big part of problem-solving. As in any health care environment things can be stressful and nurses change positions but stability has improved, patient care is priority and the overall well-being of the staff has improved.
Pros
patient focused
Cons
Nurses leaving due to home care not being the right fit.
Productive, excellent service, flexible
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Midland, MIJanuary 10, 2017
I gained years of knowledge & experience working in a health field building customer service skills, utilizating my degree at its full advantage. I became a strong member of a team of employees with support from staff & management. I have learned excellent teamwork with co-workers.

MMMC is an excellent employer to work for; good benefits, flexible hours, paid time off, good customer service.
Pros
Benefits, time off, flexible schedule
Cons
Lack of communication

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MidMichigan Health. Our community is ready to answer.

MidMichigan Health Reviews by Location