Midsouth Bank

Midsouth Bank Employer Reviews

poor management,non-professional environment
CSA Teller (Former Employee), Lafayette, LAJune 3, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: management
on a typical day of work, co-workers were always late. The management was very poor,no support what so ever. The training process was a joke and a waste of time. i had to learn everything on-site. The hardest part of the job was to get everyone to work together because of management issues.the most enjoyable part of the job was the customers.
Overall great place to work and great employees
Universal Banker I (Current Employee), Lafayette, LAApril 24, 2014
Very upbeat and fast paced environment with lots of friendly and helpful people.
No where to go.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Beaumont, TXNovember 23, 2013
Pros: customers
Cons: no advancement
My time at my previous job was a mess. Went through several managers and supervisors which didn't effect myself but I was never offered a promotion nor advancement within the company. With that being said, it made me actually think of my options and what is out there because they didn't allow me to learn more and new things which would be beneficial – more... to both of us. I easily adapt to changes and enjoyed helping the customers/members that I seen or talked to everyday. – less
Enjoyed providing customer service and support
EXECUTIVE ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT to VP (Former Employee), Dothan, ALSeptember 5, 2013
Good company to work for but not much chance for advancement being a small town bank.
Midsouth team are great people. I meet some really nice people in Lafayette , Lake Charles, and Opelousas La
N/A (Former Employee), Timber RegionJuly 4, 2013
Pros: i like the things that was given away at no cost to you, like free trips, birthday visa card, "are you in it to win it". no money out of your pocket for uniforms tops and sweaters, love that!!
Cons: no dentist insurance.
I enjoyed coming to work everyday and doing what I love. The company itself is a great place to work, but they need management classes for some badly. It's sad that your opinion would never count when they ask you. I encountered many problem with the manager. Everybody should respect each other and you will get the same repect.
Merged
Teller (Former Employee), Jonesboro, ARJune 10, 2013
MidSouth Bank was a great place to work. The bank was locally owned...local bank for local people. The bank merged with another local bank to create Liberty Bank of Arkansas.
Awesome
Universal Banker II (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 20, 2013
This is a great company to work for, I hate I made the decision to leave them, overallone of the est jobs i ever had, hopefully I will get the opportunity to work here again...
Call Center
mgr (Current Employee), LafayetteMay 18, 2013
Pros: flexibility, rewards, advancement oppts
Cons: if you dont love customers and cant handle stress, this is not the job for you
Because of extended hours, flexibility with shift changes which gis good when personal issues come up. If you like helping customers and working in a fast paced envieonment which changes often, this is the place for you. Great employees, great manager. Rewarded for working hard.
Poor management, fun place
CSA(Teller) (Current Employee), Lafayette, LAMay 1, 2013
We were once a busy branch. We have slowed down a lot. Manager is rarely here, and when she is she doesnt stay a full day. Pay could be better.
Typical day at work
Teller (Current Employee), Saint Martinville, LAApril 17, 2013
Pros: health insurance
Cons: no room to advance
I like my job, but I don't want to work there the rest of my life. No opportunity to advance. Being a Bank Teller is not a hard job, you alway's have to be on your toes and pay attention and make sure that you are counting your money correctly and that your debit's and credit's are correct. The most enjoyable part of my job is, I'm a people person so – more... I meet new customer's everyday. I just know that I am capable of doing so much more. – less
unreal expectations and poor morale
customer service (Former Employee), lafayette, laMarch 31, 2013
Pros: my coworkers were amazing.
Cons: poor management.
Was super excited about this job until I realized they weren't honest when they explained my job. Unattainable goals and alot of people who hate their job. Felt unappreciated and taken advantage of. I was made promises that were never kept. The bank itself is great. Just management sucked.

May 31, 2013

What were 2 of the promises the bank made and did not keep?

Growing, community bank
Universal Banker, Team Leader (Former Employee), Lafayette, LAMarch 22, 2013
Pros: growing community bank
Cons: great benefits, but poor overall pay.
MidSouth Bank had the roots of a small community bank but was growing due to acquisitions and mergers. It was nice to see the development of our core values as the bank grew. Despite the growth it was still a bank that treated people, businesses, and the communities with respect and integrity. The incentive programs helped both the employees and their – more... bonuses but also were beneficial to the customers first. The "sales" aspect of the bank was more of, "What products can we offer our customers to help with their lives?" – less
Don't ever get sick
Mgr (Former Employee), HoustonFebruary 27, 2013
Too many medical claims will cost you your job. Work your butt off for nothing.

May 31, 2013

I was sick a lot also. What illness or illnesses did you have while working there? Did the manager let you have days off for doctor appointments?

Finanical Institution focused on Mergers and Acquistions
Sales & Service Administrator (Current Employee), Lafayette, LAFebruary 22, 2013
Community Bank focused on commercial and small business customers, family oriented.
Great Benefits, Horrible Work/Life Balance
Back office (Former Employee), Lafayette,October 6, 2012
Pros: benifits, wonderful executive team
Cons: unattainable goals
Most of this company is wonderful, but beware of certain departments. Usually, some professions give you little time for yourself. If you work in one of those professions, do not work here. You will have NO time for yourself. The expectations are completely unattainable unless you want to loose your friends and family due to lack of time for them.
Very Fast-Paced Environment
Collection/Credit Card Specialist (Current Employee), LafayetteApril 18, 2012
Working for the bank is very fast-paced.Sometimes the job is demanding but all in all every job is.

About Midsouth Bank

For banking in the Deep South, try MidSouth. MidSouth Bancorp is the holding company for MidSouth Bank, which operates someĀ 40 – Read more