MidSouth Bank Employee Reviews

Senior Executives are Great
Exec Asst to CEO, COO & CFO to Mortgage Op Supvr (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LANovember 16, 2016
My first 6 years with the bank were great. I handled project management, Executive & Board of Directors administration, calendars/schedules to include travel. My co-workers were some of the best. The last 2 years have been a struggle. With great growth potential, the bank offers very little as far as training and/or HR assistance in the hiring & retention of qualified personnel. That would be the hardest part of the job.....keeping up with the pace of everyday operations while having to teach yourself new processes and regulations to remain competitive with the new and emerging markets.

The most enjoyable part of my job was working closely with the Executives & Board of Directors, and my fellow co-workers
Pros
Co-workers & Senior Mgmt
Cons
No training, and not much room for movement up, or within the organization
Lack of follow through
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  LAAugust 16, 2016
I applied for an upper level position and was given the runaround several times as to when the decision was going to be made. I was not the chosen candidate but have yet to even receive a denial of the position. Every time I inquired about the position I was told "you should hear by the end of this week."
I loved this company, I have had nothing but good things to say about them until this happened.
The way they handle certain things is very sketchy, and if you aren't "In" with certain people, don't expect to move up.
Pros
Coworkers, customers
Cons
Management, no consistentcy
Good Company need more structure
Universal Banker I (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LASeptember 2, 2016
If the place wasn't so bias and about who you know it would be a better place to work for. I enjoyed the job and the customers it was more about some of the upper management who didn't believe in teamwork.
Great Working Enviroment
Collector (Former Employee) –  Breaux Bridge, LAMarch 31, 2016
I enjoyed working in a fast paced environment and I loved my co workers.
• Accountable for monitoring overdrawn checking accounts.
• Collecting payments on past due home & auto loans.
• Providing customer service regarding collections issues and process customer refunds.
• Process and review account adjustments.
• Resolve Client discrepancies and short payments.
• Monitoring high volume calls on customer service line
N/a
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, LAAugust 17, 2016
Wonderful bank to work for. This is a people bank you are more than your bank account at MidSouth Bank. They care about the customer and the employees.
Universal Banker (Current Employee) –  Vidor, TXJuly 18, 2016
MidSouth is a great place to work. I loved working there! The people were very friendly and professional. I loved the atmosphere of the bank and the benefits we received.
Productive but laid back environment
Loan Operations Program Administrator (Current Employee) –  Many, LAFebruary 25, 2016
On a typical day I do quite a bit of trouble shooting issues people have with the few systems I administrate. I've learned a lot about a different culture than the one I grew up in, originally from New Orleans, moving to Many, La was quite a change for me. My co-workers are like family and on most days are pleasant to be around. The hardest part of my job is being so limited to what I can and can't do to make our processes better. I'm housed in one department but the systems are really used bank wide and I could be better utilized if I were open to other departments as well. The hardest part of my job is feeling limited by departmentalization and feeling as though I would never be considered for a management position.
Pros
Good health insurance and benefits
Cons
Lack of promotions
Management at this Location
Universal Banker I (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAMay 21, 2016
The Manager here at the Nelson Road Location is awsesome. She did everything in her power to train me to be the best Universal Banker possible.
Pros
Steady Schedule
Customer Relations: Enjoy meeting new people and helping others.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Many, LAOctober 17, 2015
I worked well with my team as a whole and if one of us was having a bad day we would always try to make the best of it and try to cheer each other up. I learned that you have to really pay attention to your customers needs so that you could offer the products that would best suit them as well as help the Growth of our company. We did our very best to keep our customers happy so they would keep coming back and tell others about us to help our company grow. The hardest part of the job is when we are short handed and we are extremely busy we make sure to appoligize to the customer for the wait and help each customer as quickly and accurately as possible. we always look for bigger and better opportunities to make our company grow.
Stay a away from this company.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LANovember 9, 2015
I worked as a teller, and this is the worst bank ever. Management is racist and if you don't look the right color you are treated unfair. They have procedures and policy that is in force on certain colors.
Pros
Cons
Fake people
Very Fast-Paced Environment
Lead Teller (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXApril 11, 2015
No where to go.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXNovember 23, 2013
My time at my previous job was a mess. Went through several managers and supervisors which didn't effect myself but I was never offered a promotion nor advancement within the company. With that being said, it made me actually think of my options and what is out there because they didn't allow me to learn more and new things which would be beneficial to both of us. I easily adapt to changes and enjoyed helping the customers/members that I seen or talked to everyday.
Pros
Customers
Cons
No advancement
Growing, community bank
Universal Banker, Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMarch 22, 2013
MidSouth Bank had the roots of a small community bank but was growing due to acquisitions and mergers. It was nice to see the development of our core values as the bank grew. Despite the growth it was still a bank that treated people, businesses, and the communities with respect and integrity. The incentive programs helped both the employees and their bonuses but also were beneficial to the customers first. The "sales" aspect of the bank was more of, "What products can we offer our customers to help with their lives?"
Pros
growing community bank
Cons
great benefits, but poor overall pay.
Midsouth team are great people. I meet some really nice people in Lafayette , Lake Charles, and Opelousas La
N/A (Former Employee) –  Timber Region July 4, 2013
I enjoyed coming to work everyday and doing what I love. The company itself is a great place to work, but they need management classes for some badly. It's sad that your opinion would never count when they ask you. I encountered many problem with the manager. Everybody should respect each other and you will get the same repect.
Pros
I Like the things that was given away at no cost to you, like free trips, Birthday Visa Card, "Are you in it to Win it". No money out of your pocket for uniforms tops and sweaters, Love that!!
Cons
No dentist insurance.
Typical day at work
Teller (Current Employee) –  Saint Martinville, LAApril 17, 2013
I like my job, but I don't want to work there the rest of my life. No opportunity to advance. Being a Bank Teller is not a hard job, you alway's have to be on your toes and pay attention and make sure that you are counting your money correctly and that your debit's and credit's are correct. The most enjoyable part of my job is, I'm a people person so I meet new customer's everyday. I just know that I am capable of doing so much more.
Pros
health insurance
Cons
no room to advance
Great Benefits, Horrible Work/Life Balance
Back office (Former Employee) –  Lafayette,October 6, 2012
Most of this company is wonderful, but beware of certain departments. Usually, some professions give you little time for yourself. If you work in one of those professions, do not work here. You will have NO time for yourself. The expectations are completely unattainable unless you want to loose your friends and family due to lack of time for them.
Pros
benifits, wonderful executive team
Cons
unattainable goals
poor management,non-professional environment
CSA Teller (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJune 3, 2014
on a typical day of work, co-workers were always late. The management was very poor,no support what so ever. The training process was a joke and a waste of time. i had to learn everything on-site. The hardest part of the job was to get everyone to work together because of management issues.the most enjoyable part of the job was the customers.
benefits
Cons
management
Call Center
mgr (Current Employee) –  LafayetteMay 18, 2013
Because of extended hours, flexibility with shift changes which gis good when personal issues come up. If you like helping customers and working in a fast paced envieonment which changes often, this is the place for you. Great employees, great manager. Rewarded for working hard.
Pros
Flexibility, rewards, advancement oppts
Cons
if you dont love customers and cant handle stress, this is not the job for you
MidSouth Bank
Staff Management & Leadership (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAFebruary 19, 2015
• Payroll & Inventory Management
• Staff Management & Leadership
• Financial Principles & Practices
• Organizational Skills
• Checking & Savings Account Management
• Resource Planning & Scheduling
• Small Business Banking
• Inventory Management
Pros
the benefits were exceptional!
Cons
Need better training & people who are willing to help!
unreal expectations and poor morale
customer service (Former Employee) –  lafayette, laMarch 31, 2013
Was super excited about this job until I realized they weren't honest when they explained my job. Unattainable goals and alot of people who hate their job. Felt unappreciated and taken advantage of. I was made promises that were never kept. The bank itself is great. Just management sucked.
Pros
my coworkers were amazing.
Cons
poor management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MidSouth Bank. Our community is ready to answer.