MidSouth Bank Employee Reviews

At first it was fun then we had a manager change
UB 1/Teller 2 (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXNovember 15, 2017
If you are a lazy co worker then this job is for you, hard work does not pay off at MidSouth Bank. Great start in banking I would not look to retire from them.
Pros
laid back
Cons
management
great company
Teller, CSR, Loan Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dothan, ALNovember 6, 2017
MidSouth Bank is a great company to work for. They have great management and a friendly environment. The customers are friendly and the work day depended on the loan work load.
Not a good place to work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  LouisianaSeptember 3, 2017
I would not recommend working in the call center at Midsouth Bank to anyone. What you have to say is scripted and you sound like a robot. When another bank merged with Midsouth we were given 5 minute breaks and had to eat lunch at our desk. Of course management didn't bother to help or answer any calls. They just sit at their desks and bark out orders. There is lots and lots of favoritism there. Some are allowed to do and say things while others are brought in the office if they say it. It's very stressful and not a good working environment. Do yourself a favor and do NOT apply
Pros
Cons
Too many
Pleasant place to work
Universal Banker (Current Employee) –  Larose, LAAugust 13, 2017
Midsouth Bank cared about their employees.
I had a great Manager and Regional Manager that helped me grow into the banker I am today. I will miss my co workers and customers.
great slow paced easy job
teller (Former Employee) –  vidor txJuly 20, 2017
learned the different products the bank offered and how to sell them there is many goals but do not get punished if not met like other financial institutions. lots of cash handling
Pros
great management and hours
Cons
poor pay
Structured
Payroll & Inventory Management (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJuly 19, 2017
Very structured job, it will teach you discipline and a lot of everyday responsibilities one must make. I loved my fellow employees they made my job easy.
Pros
Employees, Stability and Structure.
Cons
Great employees, Great team work.
Stressful environment
Teller (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 6, 2017
Constant turn over and managers threaten you with your job. Low pay, must accept positions with low pay to prove yourself for the pay the position is worth.
Cons
High turnover, no room for advancement, low pay
good company
Assistant Vice President/Branch Manager II (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, LAJune 11, 2017
Good company- great management. Bank is a community bank that cares about the customers. The employees work as a team.
Great benefits. Most branches do not have Saturday hours which is good for employees.
was not a pleasant workplace
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Natchitoches, LAApril 20, 2017
My time with MidSouth Bank was not a pleasant expirience, there was a lot of employee turnover, unfair working conditions, and a lot of drama in the workplace among employees
Relaxed and nice place to work
CSA I (Current Employee) –  Houma, LAApril 8, 2017
The most enjoyable part of my job is the customers. A typical day at work is pretty laid back and easy to handle. The workplace is pretty calm and laid back. I learned a lot about banking, they are a very helpful company.
terrible
Teller (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALApril 3, 2017
poor management. terrible company. they tend to talk about everybody that works there. they never take blame in anything individually and always brown nose the upper handed people because it actually benefits them in the end. always say they are making "calls" and doing as supposed to. when theyre actually home on the clock so called working.
Lack of direction and leadership
Banker (Former Employee) –  LouisianaMarch 29, 2017
Company lacks a direction and leadership from the top-down. There is no structure and no support from management. They do not honor their word or comittments and mislead their employees. I would not recommend anyone work here. Stay as far away as you can.
Awesome place to work
Commercial Credit Analyst, Jr (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJanuary 31, 2017
MidSouth is a great local bank, with a very optimistic work environment, and a very capable and supporting executive team. I have thoroughly enjoyed it here! I can see this as a wonderful place to have a career.
Senior Executives are Great
Exec Asst to CEO, COO & CFO to Mortgage Op Supvr (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LANovember 16, 2016
My first 6 years with the bank were great. I handled project management, Executive & Board of Directors administration, calendars/schedules to include travel. My co-workers were some of the best. The last 2 years have been a struggle. With great growth potential, the bank offers very little as far as training and/or HR assistance in the hiring & retention of qualified personnel. That would be the hardest part of the job.....keeping up with the pace of everyday operations while having to teach yourself new processes and regulations to remain competitive with the new and emerging markets.

The most enjoyable part of my job was working closely with the Executives & Board of Directors, and my fellow co-workers
Pros
Co-workers & Senior Mgmt
Cons
No training, and not much room for movement up, or within the organization
Good Company need more structure
Universal Banker I (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LASeptember 2, 2016
If the place wasn't so bias and about who you know it would be a better place to work for. I enjoyed the job and the customers it was more about some of the upper management who didn't believe in teamwork.
N/a
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, LAAugust 17, 2016
Wonderful bank to work for. This is a people bank you are more than your bank account at MidSouth Bank. They care about the customer and the employees.
Lack of follow through
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  LAAugust 16, 2016
I applied for an upper level position and was given the runaround several times as to when the decision was going to be made. I was not the chosen candidate but have yet to even receive a denial of the position. Every time I inquired about the position I was told "you should hear by the end of this week."
I loved this company, I have had nothing but good things to say about them until this happened.
The way they handle certain things is very sketchy, and if you aren't "In" with certain people, don't expect to move up.
Pros
Coworkers, customers
Cons
Management, no consistentcy
Universal Banker (Current Employee) –  Vidor, TXJuly 18, 2016
MidSouth is a great place to work. I loved working there! The people were very friendly and professional. I loved the atmosphere of the bank and the benefits we received.
Management at this Location
Universal Banker I (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAMay 21, 2016
The Manager here at the Nelson Road Location is awsesome. She did everything in her power to train me to be the best Universal Banker possible.
Pros
Steady Schedule
Great Working Enviroment
Collector (Former Employee) –  Breaux Bridge, LAMarch 31, 2016
I enjoyed working in a fast paced environment and I loved my co workers.
• Accountable for monitoring overdrawn checking accounts.
• Collecting payments on past due home & auto loans.
• Providing customer service regarding collections issues and process customer refunds.
• Process and review account adjustments.
• Resolve Client discrepancies and short payments.
• Monitoring high volume calls on customer service line

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MidSouth Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9