MidSouth Bank Employee Reviews in United States

Universal Banker (Current Employee) –  Vidor, TXJuly 18, 2016
MidSouth is a great place to work. I loved working there! The people were very friendly and professional. I loved the atmosphere of the bank and the benefits we received.
Great Working Enviroment
Collector (Former Employee) –  Breaux Bridge, LAMarch 31, 2016
I enjoyed working in a fast paced environment and I loved my co workers.
• Accountable for monitoring overdrawn checking accounts.
• Collecting payments on past due home & auto loans.
• Providing customer service regarding collections issues and process customer refunds.
• Process and review account adjustments.
• Resolve Client discrepancies and short payments.
• Monitoring high volume calls on customer service line
Productive but laid back environment
Loan Operations Program Administrator (Current Employee) –  Many, LAFebruary 25, 2016
On a typical day I do quite a bit of trouble shooting issues people have with the few systems I administrate. I've learned a lot about a different culture than the one I grew up in, originally from New Orleans, moving to Many, La was quite a change for me. My co-workers are like family and on most days are pleasant to be around. The hardest part of my job is being so limited to what I can and can't do to make our processes better. I'm housed in one department but the systems are really used bank wide and I could be better utilized if I were open to other departments as well. The hardest part of my job is feeling limited by departmentalization and feeling as though I would never be considered for a management position.
Pros
Good health insurance and benefits
Cons
Lack of promotions
Productive and fun work place with a great team!
Training Systems Manager (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAFebruary 22, 2016
To summarize my role and experience here at MidSouth Bank I would say that the typical day here involves a variety of unique situations and challenges ranging from a simple task of receiving a phone call from a learner needing assistance with their learning portal dashboard to a complex set of tasks to meet performance goals such as launching a leadership development program, mystery shopping program, or a Mortgage Lending development program. I would also mention that my team of co-workers and the leadership in place is by far a group of people I would continue to work with on any given day of the week. Here in the learning and development department of MidSouth Bank we pride ourselves on being flexible and possessing a true culture of success nature about us. I would say that the most difficult part of the role I play here at MidSouth Bank is starting on a direction with an important goal-related project for a lengthy period of time and then getting a great portion of the way thru only to discover that this is not really the direction wanted in the first place. However, being the flexible person that I am helps in these rapid changes in pace. To summarize this review I want to say that the most enjoyable part of my role here at MidSouth Bank is the daily nature to seek opportunities in improving the learning and development implementation of programs and deliverables throughout the Enterprise for all employees to enjoy and grow from. Thank You!
Pros
Flexibility, Personal Accountability, Growth Opportunities
Cons
Inconsistent Strategic Planning
Stay a away from this company.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LANovember 9, 2015
I worked as a teller, and this is the worst bank ever. Management is racist and if you don't look the right color you are treated unfair. They have procedures and policy that is in force on certain colors.
Pros
Cons
Fake people
Not open to ideas
Banking Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 19, 2015
The company is trying to move into a highly competitive market and is not willing to listen to new ideas or spend any funds to do so.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Limited resourses
Customer Relations: Enjoy meeting new people and helping others.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Many, LAOctober 17, 2015
I worked well with my team as a whole and if one of us was having a bad day we would always try to make the best of it and try to cheer each other up. I learned that you have to really pay attention to your customers needs so that you could offer the products that would best suit them as well as help the Growth of our company. We did our very best to keep our customers happy so they would keep coming back and tell others about us to help our company grow. The hardest part of the job is when we are short handed and we are extremely busy we make sure to appoligize to the customer for the wait and help each customer as quickly and accurately as possible. we always look for bigger and better opportunities to make our company grow.
Enjoyable place to work
Universal Banker (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LouisianaOctober 3, 2015
While at MidSouth Bank, I was given opportunities for growth. I enjoyed working for my management as well as the company as a whole.
Nice place to work if you like helping and meeting a diverse customer base.
CSA-TELLER (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAApril 12, 2015
On a daily basis we encounter a wide variety of people in our financial institution. The day to day procedures are usually not to hectic unless it's around a pay day or holiday. They job really is not a bad job to have when you are just getting started and fresh out of college. I have learned that even in the banking world you are still expected to sell products like you are working in retail store. The selling portion at first was just a small incentive based thing to get people rewards for opening new accounts or loans and such. The incentive part has been done away with and now they base things as promotions or raises on whether or not you opened a certain amount of accounts and not so much if you are qualified for the position. As far as the work environment and co-workers it is one of the more laid back but drama filled places that I have worked for. As far as the most enjoyable part of the job it is easily the customers. They make the job enjoyable and really keep it interesting.
Pros
Great place to learn about how banks make money, teaches you how to see if and account makes money or cost money, great networking
Cons
At times V.I.P. customers are treated with a lack of respect, while non-customers or customers that cost the bank money are being treated like royalty.
Very Fast-Paced Environment
Lead Teller (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXApril 11, 2015
I like my job, but I don't want to work there the rest of my life. No opportunity to advance. Being a Bank Teller is not a hard job, you alway's have to be on your toes and pay attention and make sure that you are counting your money correctly and that your debit's and credit's are correct. The most enjoyable part of my job is, I'm a people person so I meet new customer's everyday. I just know that I am capable of doing so much more
Management is BAD!!!
Universal Banker II (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAFebruary 21, 2015
Stay away from this company. The worse place ever to work for. They treat their employees like they are replaceable. The management doesn't have a clue how to manage a branch at all! No bonus and pay is LOW. The only thing that is good about this company is the benefits.
benefits
Cons
management
MidSouth Bank
Staff Management & Leadership (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAFebruary 19, 2015
• Payroll & Inventory Management
• Staff Management & Leadership
• Financial Principles & Practices
• Organizational Skills
• Checking & Savings Account Management
• Resource Planning & Scheduling
• Small Business Banking
• Inventory Management
Pros
the benefits were exceptional!
Cons
need better training & people who are willing to help!
Horrible pay with no job advancement
CSA (Former Employee) –  Thibodaux, LADecember 31, 2014
MSB only cares about the bottom line. The pay is horrible and they do not care about the growth of their employees. Go to any MidSouth in the Houma/Thibodaux region and there are only 2 employees at each branch. How can 2 people safely run a bank? No lunch breaks. You work 8 hours on the clock. Upper management is horrible.
Full Time Lead Teller
Full Time Lead Teller (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LANovember 6, 2014
• Managed the vault
• Made Schedules
• Referrals
• Managed a teller drawer
• Balanced ATM
• Balanced Cash Dispenser
Enjoy my job it's like working for a family business
Universal Banker II (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, LaSeptember 23, 2014
I enjoy working with my co-workers and customers. I love helping my customers dreams come true when I am able to approve their loan request. It's really hard when I have to tell them that there loan will not be approved.
Pros
uniform benifits.
Cons
having to work on sat
I cannot say enough good things.
Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNSeptember 12, 2014
Everyone there was willing to share their knowledge, the customers made the workplace a treat.
Pros
fellow employees, cookies
Cons
cant think of one con.
Friendly atmosphere
Universal Banker II / Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Thibodaux, LASeptember 7, 2014
MidSouth is a great place to work. Coworkers are great. They are very sales orientated. Making calls and doing things in our community is an important part of our job. I love being able to work with the customers and help them with their banking needs.
poor management,non-professional environment
CSA Teller (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJune 3, 2014
on a typical day of work, co-workers were always late. The management was very poor,no support what so ever. The training process was a joke and a waste of time. i had to learn everything on-site. The hardest part of the job was to get everyone to work together because of management issues.the most enjoyable part of the job was the customers.
benefits
Cons
management
Overall great place to work and great employees
Universal Banker I (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAApril 24, 2014
Very upbeat and fast paced environment with lots of friendly and helpful people.
No where to go.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXNovember 23, 2013
My time at my previous job was a mess. Went through several managers and supervisors which didn't effect myself but I was never offered a promotion nor advancement within the company. With that being said, it made me actually think of my options and what is out there because they didn't allow me to learn more and new things which would be beneficial to both of us. I easily adapt to changes and enjoyed helping the customers/members that I seen or talked to everyday.
Pros
customers
Cons
no advancement

2.9