Midsouth Bank Employee Reviews

Not open to ideas
Banking Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 19, 2015
The company is trying to move into a highly competitive market and is not willing to listen to new ideas or spend any funds to do so.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Limited resourses
Customer Relations: Enjoy meeting new people and helping others.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Many, LAOctober 17, 2015
I worked well with my team as a whole and if one of us was having a bad day we would always try to make the best of it and try to cheer each other up. I learned that you have to really pay attention to your customers needs so that you could offer the products that would best suit them as well as help the Growth of our company. We did our very best to keep our customers happy so they would keep coming back and tell others about us to help our company grow. The hardest part of the job is when we are short handed and we are extremely busy we make sure to appoligize to the customer for the wait and help each customer as quickly and accurately as possible. we always look for bigger and better opportunities to make our company grow.
Enjoyable place to work
Universal Banker (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LouisianaOctober 3, 2015
While at MidSouth Bank, I was given opportunities for growth. I enjoyed working for my management as well as the company as a whole.
Nice place to work if you like helping and meeting a diverse customer base.
CSA-TELLER (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAApril 12, 2015
On a daily basis we encounter a wide variety of people in our financial institution. The day to day procedures are usually not to hectic unless it's around a pay day or holiday. They job really is not a bad job to have when you are just getting started and fresh out of college. I have learned that even in the banking world you are still expected to sell products like you are working in retail store. The selling portion at first was just a small incentive based thing to get people rewards for opening new accounts or loans and such. The incentive part has been done away with and now they base things as promotions or raises on whether or not you opened a certain amount of accounts and not so much if you are qualified for the position. As far as the work environment and co-workers it is one of the more laid back but drama filled places that I have worked for. As far as the most enjoyable part of the job it is easily the customers. They make the job enjoyable and really keep it interesting.
Pros
Great place to learn about how banks make money, teaches you how to see if and account makes money or cost money, great networking
Cons
At times V.I.P. customers are treated with a lack of respect, while non-customers or customers that cost the bank money are being treated like royalty.
Very Fast-Paced Environment
Lead Teller (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXApril 11, 2015
I like my job, but I don't want to work there the rest of my life. No opportunity to advance. Being a Bank Teller is not a hard job, you alway's have to be on your toes and pay attention and make sure that you are counting your money correctly and that your debit's and credit's are correct. The most enjoyable part of my job is, I'm a people person so I meet new customer's everyday. I just know that I am capable of doing so much more
Management is BAD!!!
Universal Banker II (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAFebruary 21, 2015
Stay away from this company. The worse place ever to work for. They treat their employees like they are replaceable. The management doesn't have a clue how to manage a branch at all! No bonus and pay is LOW. The only thing that is good about this company is the benefits.
benefits
Cons
management
MidSouth Bank
Staff Management & Leadership (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAFebruary 19, 2015
• Payroll & Inventory Management
• Staff Management & Leadership
• Financial Principles & Practices
• Organizational Skills
• Checking & Savings Account Management
• Resource Planning & Scheduling
• Small Business Banking
• Inventory Management
Pros
the benefits were exceptional!
Cons
need better training & people who are willing to help!
Horrible pay with no job advancement
CSA (Former Employee) –  Thibodaux, LADecember 31, 2014
MSB only cares about the bottom line. The pay is horrible and they do not care about the growth of their employees. Go to any MidSouth in the Houma/Thibodaux region and there are only 2 employees at each branch. How can 2 people safely run a bank? No lunch breaks. You work 8 hours on the clock. Upper management is horrible.
Full Time Lead Teller
Full Time Lead Teller (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LANovember 6, 2014
• Managed the vault
• Made Schedules
• Referrals
• Managed a teller drawer
• Balanced ATM
• Balanced Cash Dispenser
Enjoy my job it's like working for a family business
Universal Banker II (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, LaSeptember 23, 2014
I enjoy working with my co-workers and customers. I love helping my customers dreams come true when I am able to approve their loan request. It's really hard when I have to tell them that there loan will not be approved.
Pros
uniform benifits.
Cons
having to work on sat
I cannot say enough good things.
Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNSeptember 12, 2014
Everyone there was willing to share their knowledge, the customers made the workplace a treat.
Pros
fellow employees, cookies
Cons
cant think of one con.
Friendly atmosphere
Universal Banker II / Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Thibodaux, LASeptember 7, 2014
MidSouth is a great place to work. Coworkers are great. They are very sales orientated. Making calls and doing things in our community is an important part of our job. I love being able to work with the customers and help them with their banking needs.
poor management,non-professional environment
CSA Teller (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJune 3, 2014
on a typical day of work, co-workers were always late. The management was very poor,no support what so ever. The training process was a joke and a waste of time. i had to learn everything on-site. The hardest part of the job was to get everyone to work together because of management issues.the most enjoyable part of the job was the customers.
benefits
Cons
management
Overall great place to work and great employees
Universal Banker I (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAApril 24, 2014
Very upbeat and fast paced environment with lots of friendly and helpful people.
No where to go.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXNovember 23, 2013
My time at my previous job was a mess. Went through several managers and supervisors which didn't effect myself but I was never offered a promotion nor advancement within the company. With that being said, it made me actually think of my options and what is out there because they didn't allow me to learn more and new things which would be beneficial to both of us. I easily adapt to changes and enjoyed helping the customers/members that I seen or talked to everyday.
Pros
customers
Cons
no advancement
Enjoyed providing customer service and support
EXECUTIVE ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT to VP (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALSeptember 5, 2013
Good company to work for but not much chance for advancement being a small town bank.
Midsouth team are great people. I meet some really nice people in Lafayette , Lake Charles, and Opelousas La
N/A (Former Employee) –  Timber RegionJuly 4, 2013
I enjoyed coming to work everyday and doing what I love. The company itself is a great place to work, but they need management classes for some badly. It's sad that your opinion would never count when they ask you. I encountered many problem with the manager. Everybody should respect each other and you will get the same repect.
Pros
i like the things that was given away at no cost to you, like free trips, birthday visa card, "are you in it to win it". no money out of your pocket for uniforms tops and sweaters, love that!!
Cons
no dentist insurance.
Merged
Teller (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARJune 10, 2013
MidSouth Bank was a great place to work. The bank was locally owned...local bank for local people. The bank merged with another local bank to create Liberty Bank of Arkansas.
Awesome
Universal Banker II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 20, 2013
This is a great company to work for, I hate I made the decision to leave them, overallone of the est jobs i ever had, hopefully I will get the opportunity to work here again...
Call Center
mgr (Current Employee) –  LafayetteMay 18, 2013
Because of extended hours, flexibility with shift changes which gis good when personal issues come up. If you like helping customers and working in a fast paced envieonment which changes often, this is the place for you. Great employees, great manager. Rewarded for working hard.
Pros
flexibility, rewards, advancement oppts
Cons
if you dont love customers and cant handle stress, this is not the job for you