Midstates Printing Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Its a job not a career
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, SDJanuary 29, 2014
If I HAD to have a job I would go back. The day went by fast and there was no hard physical labor involved. Nothing mentally challenging either
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
private comapny, mangement lacks communication, pay
Most days a enjoyable work place
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, SDFebruary 28, 2013
Day shift: I would check to see what machine I was sceduled on and who was on my crew. Supervisor would meet me at the machine and tell me the jobs we had going for the day and what needed to be out by a certain deadline. There was a variety of set ups through out the day. I would receive job file for each job that needed to be ran that day. I would delegate to my crew the preperations needed for the first run. I would then set up the machine and layout for the job. Once set up was complete I would have my supervisor sign off all was well to run and we would start production.
I started out general production and was promoted to operator. I learned alot on how to fix problems with the machines and how to set up for a variety of jobs for co-mail , polywrap, glue jobs, gadget feeders, tabbers, stackers, mailers,printers ect...
I feel the management was fine and wanted to communicate with how things were running and how they could make things smoother.
I enjoyed most of the fulltime coworkers and got along well with them which makes for a better work day. Many of them are responsible in helping me to better myself on the job with sharing thier job knowledge.
I would say the hardest part of the job for me was a day starting out bad with the job being behind schedule, or being shorthanded on crew members or experienced help.
The most enjoyable part of the job. I enjoyed the challenge in setting up the machines and making it work. I also liked that Midstates employed a variety of people from different countries. It gave me an opportunity to meet alot of nice people and hard workers.
Enjoyed what I did
Fork Lift Operator/warehouse (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, SDDecember 4, 2012
I would run rolls of paper to the presses by forklift, prepare pallet for shipping, load trucks with pallets of product, clean before shift would end. I learned how to drive forklifts. I thought the management was poor because if you did something wrong, they would get very upset with you. Didnt have co-workers as I worked alone. The hardest part of the job was when I was all caught up with my work then it was hard to find something to do. I most enjoyed what I did day in and day-out.
Pros
enjoyed what i did
Cons
pay wasnt great or the benifits. management was short with you.
The most exciting job I've ever had in my life!!!!!!!!!!!
Binder/Stitcher/Star PB (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, SDDecember 12, 2011
2 thumbs up and a smack on the rear sir.
I mean this job keeps you awake even when you are sleep and everday is something different because boredum is something that will not be tolerated in their vocabulary.
Pros
made me think of being on stage dancing.
Cons
will never find anything more exciting, in my opinion.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Midstates Printing. Our community is ready to answer.

Midstates Printing Reviews by Location