Midway Chevrolet Employee Reviews

Giving company poor structure.
BDC Care Executive/Service Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 16, 2016
This is one of the most giving companies I have ever worked for. They are willing to do almost anything to help their employees. The management needs some work on being a team, however once they invest in you they do anything to try and make you succeed. The hardest part about working for this company is there are no advancement opportunities. Although the best part is that they help balance your work and personal life. Very family oriented. I have even learned some management skills to use in the future and patience. My typical day consisted of mainly Receptionist Duties. Answer a high volume multi-line phone, making appointments, helping Service Advisers, faxing, copying, and data input, just to name a few.
Pros
Saturday lunches, bonus opportunities, competitive events
Cons
Poor Structure, under staffed, no advancement opportunities
Sweat Shop
Shop Foreman (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 6, 2016
Worked as a ASE mechanic for a number of years. The pay is alright, but you work like a dog. No respect, little benefits, poor working conditions, opinion has zero bearing, you are 100% replaceable.
You are paid by piece work, the system and management are corrupt. If there is no work, you don't get paid. Nepotism is rampant. Zero chance for advancement. The way to get ahead is to leave and get an education. The majority (98%) employees have minimal education. The work environment only fosters an ignorance that is replicated on a daily basis.
Upper management are all uneducated and extremely overpaid for the job they perform. The current fixed operations manager was a car lot attendant at one point and pretends to be financial guru, this is a person who barely graduated from High School!
Cons
Tough company to work for
Internet Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 6, 2016
This was my first job in the United States, so I was pretty happy with it at first - fast paced environment, beautiful cars and decent pay. After a few months I changed my perspective due to the business practices and the turnover this company had - the entire staff was being replaced every other month.
My co-workers were nice and communicative, and some of the managers were decent. I'm not going to get into details about the reason why I left the company, but there were plenty.
Pros
Fast-pacing environment, good income
Cons
very long hours, no paid vacation
Long hours with an uncertain, but high chance to make great money
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 11, 2013
Most days consisted of making cold calls all day long, attempting to set an appointment for the next day. This was difficult, but I learned a lot about how to properly do cold calls, use a CRM tool, properly explain benefits to prospective clients, and work in a high-stress environment. The management was very good with a few exceptions, but as a salesman, there was always a manager watching your back. The hardest part of the job was the long hours that managed to take up all of your time, making it difficult to have a life outside of the dealership. On the other hand, you become quick friends with all the people you work with, making it almost a family like atmosphere.
Pros
You can see a direct link between your work and your compensation
Cons
It is possible to put in a lot of work and make very little money
They lowered the wages and made the job part time
not the receptionist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 28, 2016
Lose/lose unless you are just trying to fill an otherwise unfulfilling life. I was hesitant to apply but now that the hourly wage is only $9 and parttime hope you get someone who literally does not need the paycheck. Typical day? I've learned I'm worth more than $9 and the hardest part was finding out that I am not valued. The most enjoyable part is the nice staff and customers that brighten the day.
Pros
nice people
Cons
wages
Midway Chevrolet, where your soul goes to die
office clerk (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 2, 2015
The coworkers are nice to work with but the management is needs a lot of work. There is favoritism and it's their way or the highway! It's all about the money and less about the employees who work there
it was ok
oil/lube (Former Employee) –  phoenix, azJuly 26, 2013
For awhile it was fun to work at but then management got a little out of control. My salary was constantly changing one day they were paying me good then the next the cut back and then the next it was good. Management was poor and pay was not great!
fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 21, 2016
Its a challenging fun place to work. definitely kept me on my toes. Learned to be very knowledgeable with the new and used cars also the new model cars. Needed to be able to properly communicate to customers.
Good place to work at surrounded by great people
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix AZMay 31, 2015
Midway Chevrolet is a fun and friendly work environment you get to meet fantastic People daily and the talented work ethics that everyone has is phenomenal
Pros
Able to meet new people
Cons
Compensation
One of the largest national auto retailers
Painter Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 28, 2013
Great opportunity to work for a large company had great benefits, good equipment, training classes

Want to know more about Midway Chevrolet?

Ask a question
Being the Corperate Director of Training for such a successful Automotive Group was an honor to be offered to me
DIRECTOR OF TRAINING (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 27, 2012
I was recuited to be a Corp Director Trainer for one of the largest Automotive Groups in the United States my job was to train and motive an average of 100+ sales professionals for a two week Intence Training program on there sales process. In addition after the two week training I would be in charge also of a Intence phone skills and several outside marketing ideas to help them develope out of the box prospecting. after that I would get all Certified wth the manufactures they would be selling. I was hired to work 5 days a week. that ended up being 6 to 7 days a week.
Pros
excellent experience, and really seen how much i appreciated changing peoples lives forever.
Cons
i was hired under contract to work 5 days a week and when time went on ended up being 7 days a week.
Wouldn't recommend working here.
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 7, 2012
Management only cares about themselves. Employee Satisfaction is an afterthought. 13hr days for 6-10 days in a row. Monetary result doesn't match time put in. Don't work here...
Pros
don't have any.
Cons
limited days off. disregard for family obligations including funerals or graduations
Wouldn't bother applying here.
Sales Trainee (Former Employee) –  ArizonaApril 13, 2015
On my second day they decided I was no longer needed for their assistance. Not really sure what kind of system they have going on there, but it seems very unprofessional. They expect for you to have a 5plus years of experience even though they keep posting a new job post quoting "no experience required". Over all in my years of sale profession knowledge. They run a very sketchy atmosphere. Would not recommend going around this dealership.
Pros
Cons
False employment, unfriendly service, unprofessional
Learned a variety of jobs.
Quick Lube Technician / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 17, 2014
I would usually start the day of pulling in vehicles that needed maintenance done. From there I would be the one conducting said maintenance. The co-workers came and went. Management was lacking and laying hard workers off left and right.
Extremely long hours
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 7, 2013
My work day started every morning with a Sales Managers meeting at 7:30 am. After that meeting I would then conduct a meeting with the sales team that I was primary responsible for. The rest of my day would be spent assisting the salesmen in selling vehicles, following up with appointments made by the salesmen as well as recently sold customers to make sure they were happy with the service and there experience with our dealership. The dealership did not close until 9:00 pm, and we did not leave until the last customer was finished. Unfortunately, this would usually mean leaving the dealership well past closing.
midway
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 27, 2015
I will say that the overall experience at the dealership was beyond excellent. From the first hello as I walked into the the door until the handshake as I left the building I felt like my business mattered. Never once was I made to feel like I was just another car buyer. Excellent customer service and excellent team. Everyone was great
It was the worst job I've worked.
Sales (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 15, 2014
It was the worst job I've worked. They made you call about a hundred people just to set an appointment. You had to do this everyday and everyday you had to set an appointment. I had no problem dealing with rude people, but it wasn't worth it.
Hard Core Sales
Assist customers (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 12, 2013
Your life was to the dealership no time for anything but money can be made hand over fist just not a lot of time away from work to rest and regroup
Experience is hard sales
Car Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 29, 2013
Worked 12-15hrs a day
Great Experience for customer service
Hard to get sales
Got along with all co-workers
Enjoyed meeting new people and making them happy
Pros
Experience
Cons
Long Long working hours
Fast paced office
Controller/Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXAugust 27, 2012
Manage 11 employees while maintaing effeciency. Report weekly expenses. Answer customers complaints when needed.
Pros
great employees
Cons
n/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Midway Chevrolet. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6