Midway Chevrolet Employee Reviews

work harder get less
Lot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 6, 2017
no pay increase for 3 years with talks of cutting hours. After being over looked for multiple advancement positions. I decided to resign from my position. The flat out disrespect you feel for wanting to better your life or just to live above poverty is disgusting. You truly are just a number that can be changed at anytime.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
lack of pay raises, advancement.
Excellent place to work.
finance compliance officer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 23, 2017
They are flexible and it is a nice work environment. Management does not stand over you and micro manage. Working with the public is a nice change and something interesting always happens.
Pros
free lunch, emploee trips
Cons
part time postion
great place for a hard demanding lifestyle
Sales Professional (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 7, 2017
I loved working there there was nothing i didn't like about the place all the managers were great and so were the co workers hours art bad only 95 a week
Pros
great money
Good place
Sales (Former Employee) –  Kearney, NEApril 22, 2017
This is a great job if you like sales. The hours are long and there isn't very many days off so if you have a family you will not see them that often
Pros
Good people to work with
Great Enviroment
Sales professional (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 14, 2017
At midway Chevy I would make over 50 calls a day and schedule 2 appointments per day. I would also deal with walk in customers. I would have to sell a minimum of 15 cars a monthph
Extraordinary
Service Manager/Advisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 15, 2017
This is a great place to work at. Great team work and job was fun and all the people there are very helpful. The dealership has everything you can ask for .
Pros
Great place
Fun Place to Work
Commercial Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNFebruary 27, 2017
Entertaining and very well paying job while the economy was good. Unfortunately, economic and demographic changes forced the closure of the dealership.
Produce a professional sales environment.
AZ 85323 - Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 26, 2016
Learn product knowledge, demonstrate and present vehicle models. Have fair knowledge in communications, which includes reading, writing, and speech. Be nice, daring, outgoing, and encounter situations such and handle any mishaps, no matter how the situation is. Successful delivery of vehicles, to our client's. Understand options such as financing, leasing, and terms and conditions. Learn how to negotiate prices of vehicles, options, and docs and fees.
Pros
Product knowledge, customer service, experience.
Cons
Short-limited breaks, very single sided, obscure goals, and time to combine personal and work is too much.
Tough company to work for
Internet Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 6, 2016
This was my first job in the United States, so I was pretty happy with it at first - fast paced environment, beautiful cars and decent pay. After a few months I changed my perspective due to the business practices and the turnover this company had - the entire staff was being replaced every other month.
My co-workers were nice and communicative, and some of the managers were decent. I'm not going to get into details about the reason why I left the company, but there were plenty.
Pros
Fast-pacing environment, good income
Cons
very long hours, no paid vacation
Giving company poor structure.
BDC Care Executive/Service Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 16, 2016
This is one of the most giving companies I have ever worked for. They are willing to do almost anything to help their employees. The management needs some work on being a team, however once they invest in you they do anything to try and make you succeed. The hardest part about working for this company is there are no advancement opportunities. Although the best part is that they help balance your work and personal life. Very family oriented. I have even learned some management skills to use in the future and patience. My typical day consisted of mainly Receptionist Duties. Answer a high volume multi-line phone, making appointments, helping Service Advisers, faxing, copying, and data input, just to name a few.
Pros
Saturday lunches, bonus opportunities, competitive events
Cons
Poor Structure, under staffed, no advancement opportunities
Sweat Shop
Shop Foreman (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 6, 2016
Worked as a ASE mechanic for a number of years. The pay is alright, but you work like a dog. No respect, little benefits, poor working conditions, opinion has zero bearing, you are 100% replaceable.
You are paid by piece work, the system and management are corrupt. If there is no work, you don't get paid. Nepotism is rampant. Zero chance for advancement. The way to get ahead is to leave and get an education. The majority (98%) employees have minimal education. The work environment only fosters an ignorance that is replicated on a daily basis.
Upper management are all uneducated and extremely overpaid for the job they perform. The current fixed operations manager was a car lot attendant at one point and pretends to be financial guru, this is a person who barely graduated from High School!
Cons
They lowered the wages and made the job part time
not the receptionist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 28, 2016
Lose/lose unless you are just trying to fill an otherwise unfulfilling life. I was hesitant to apply but now that the hourly wage is only $9 and parttime hope you get someone who literally does not need the paycheck. Typical day? I've learned I'm worth more than $9 and the hardest part was finding out that I am not valued. The most enjoyable part is the nice staff and customers that brighten the day.
Pros
nice people
Cons
wages
fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 21, 2016
Its a challenging fun place to work. definitely kept me on my toes. Learned to be very knowledgeable with the new and used cars also the new model cars. Needed to be able to properly communicate to customers.
Midway Chevrolet, where your soul goes to die
office clerk (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 2, 2015
The coworkers are nice to work with but the management is needs a lot of work. There is favoritism and it's their way or the highway! It's all about the money and less about the employees who work there
midway
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 27, 2015
I will say that the overall experience at the dealership was beyond excellent. From the first hello as I walked into the the door until the handshake as I left the building I felt like my business mattered. Never once was I made to feel like I was just another car buyer. Excellent customer service and excellent team. Everyone was great
Good place to work at surrounded by great people
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix AZMay 31, 2015
Midway Chevrolet is a fun and friendly work environment you get to meet fantastic People daily and the talented work ethics that everyone has is phenomenal
Pros
Able to meet new people
Cons
Compensation
Wouldn't bother applying here.
Sales Trainee (Former Employee) –  ArizonaApril 13, 2015
On my second day they decided I was no longer needed for their assistance. Not really sure what kind of system they have going on there, but it seems very unprofessional. They expect for you to have a 5plus years of experience even though they keep posting a new job post quoting "no experience required". Over all in my years of sale profession knowledge. They run a very sketchy atmosphere. Would not recommend going around this dealership.
Pros
Cons
False employment, unfriendly service, unprofessional
Assistant Finance Director (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 7, 2014
Great place to work - good people - good atmosphere………………………………..
Not a place for women
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 13, 2014
Wouldn't do that again. Not a place i would have chose if I had a choose at the time.
Learned a variety of jobs.
Quick Lube Technician / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 17, 2014
I would usually start the day of pulling in vehicles that needed maintenance done. From there I would be the one conducting said maintenance. The co-workers came and went. Management was lacking and laying hard workers off left and right.