MidwayUSA Employee Reviews

good place to work
Call Center Team Lead Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJanuary 18, 2017
Good Friendly environment to work in. Well paced work flow, and the staff really make you feel welcome and wanting to help. Good benefits and good salary.
Fast paced environment
Warehouse Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOMay 2, 2016
Working with Midway USA has been a wonderful experience. Great set of values and great co-workers. Management easy to talk to, and communication is a huge part of their culture.
A typical day at work has me walking at an average of about 6-7 miles a day, but that could go as high as close to 15 miles on busy days. Hardest part is maintaining a fast pace all day, but once you get used to the work environment it isn't terribly hard to keep pace.
Pros
Catered lunch breaks on days where we have to work overtime
A great place to work
Level II Repack Specialist, Logistics (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOMay 24, 2015
I enjoyed working here. No previous experience was necessary, but whenever I left, I took a bunch of experience with me. There is almost always work to do. People are friendly. On days with scheduled overtime, management ordered everybody food. For the most part, management seems to care and they really seem to follow their values.
Pros
Occasional free food, job benefits, overtime pay, holiday pay--regardless of working a holiday, profit sharing, no necessary experience, advancement/training opportunities
Cons
Some of the supervisors chosen over the last few years have been terrible choices...some, but not all. For the most part, the management is good.
Amazing place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOApril 1, 2015
I have nothing bad to say about MidwayUSA. Amazing people to work with and to work for. Great benefits and great salary. I loved all my co-workers and my management. Everyone works as a team. More than that, a family. Everyone has your back and they support each other through it all. The hardest part was sitting still all day to take calls. Other than that, nothing bad at all.
Pros
great salary, benifits, great people
Cons
lots of phone time, which means your sitting a lot
Good Introduction to the how the Business World Operates
Purchasing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOJune 15, 2014
The Good:

The hiring process does a good job of selecting candidates that will mesh well with our company's culture. As a result, the people you work with are great. The benefits and salaries offered are generally competitive. I haven't worked for a manager yet that I didn't like. The work culture/environment is very family oriented and flexible. Also, if you show the initiative, you will receive mentoring and opportunities to take on more responsibility.

The Bad:

Lower and middle management doesn't have a lot of authority. Decisions are often made at the top and lack the appropriate perspective. Most positions entail very mundane and process-oriented work. Inconsistent internal promotion methods make advancement difficult and uncertain. The structure of the company simply doesn't facilitate a lot of opportunity to earn promotions.
Pros
Good pay and excellent work/life balance
Cons
Work is too process oriented, not a lot of opportunity to advance
Just watch your back....
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  ColumbiaMarch 20, 2014
Honestly, the job was a lot of fun: i came in knowing very, very little about gun/ammo etc. I learned so much and enjoyed chatting with old veterans about their years in the war and all that. I also enjoy doing the "detective" work, finding replacement parts and whatnot. having my own desk and space was nice and i made a lot of wonderful finds. I could set my own hours. Saturdays during the busy season were meant for responding to emails and this was relaxing because you would listen to your music and even if a customer had a rude email, you could take a few moments to get a professional response.

Like the summary says: watch your back. I was fired from Midway because a customer apologized to me for being rude when i couldn't give him a straight answer about a given situation via him wanting to spend $1200 on an order that came from an almost expired sales flyer-until i spoke to a supervisor. I had documented everything and handled it as instructed: the next day I was fired, no questions asked. A few months later, a good friend and inside source me told me a different supervisor, lets call her "Betty" NOT my own, flagged the call, changed my documentation, and took out the portion of the call where I spoke to someone else about the problem. Surprising enough, a few months before this happened, my supervisor lets call him "Bob" disclosed to me that "Betty" didnt believe I belonged at Midway.
For a lack of better words, this job picked favorites, and everyone is disposable.
Funny enough: I miss this job every day.
Pros
Fun job, awesome co-workers, great pay.
Cons
Meddling supervisors
You're either with them, or against them
Administrative (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOMarch 6, 2014
If you don't want to join the NRA, and or you appreciate diversity- not just within the work place but in general- then this antisemitic, homophobic, men's club is not for you.
Pros
starting wage
Cons
everything else
Fun Atmosphere
Level III Logistics Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJuly 29, 2013
Really enjoyed my co-workers that I worked with. If the Pay was better i might have stayed. I enjoyed the time I was with them regardless of the pay.
Productive and very easy to learn
Call Center Agent (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOMay 21, 2013
Nice workplace, but can be racist. Usually busy because we sell ammo, etc. but a very laid back job. Co-workers usually stick to themselves because of the phones and how busy it can be.
Pros
Can do just about anything as long as youre not distracted while on a call
Cons
Busy, knowledge does benefit and can hurt if you don't know very much
Great place to work, especially if you love outdoor activities.
Shipping Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOOctober 19, 2012
A typical day consists of packaging and shipping products from the warehouse. Management is great and co-workers are easy to work with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MidwayUSA. Our community is ready to answer.

MidwayUSA Reviews by Location