Midwest Dental

Midwest Dental Employer Reviews

Challenging, productive, busy, but fun
Support Center (Current Employee), Mondovi, WIMay 6, 2014
Pros: challenging work, benefits, salary, ownership of responsibilities
Cons: sometimes very busy, but you get through it and usually can make it fun.
A lot of these reviews are of course very negative. Obviously work will be hard at times and can be unbearably busy at times. With a positive additude though, working at Midwest has been really great and I can't see myself really working anywhere else. The amount of work completed in a day is crazy at times, but I'm proud of what I have been able to – more... accomplish. Midwest has been really flexible and great to work with, and yes they definitely appreciate their employees. Work can be challenging but multitasking and time management is of course necessary to work in a work environment where a lot of work needs to get done. The salary is really competitive, benefits great, and I usually don't work any weekends even if it is busy. I am really blessed to work here and I wish people were not so negative. – less
Horrible!!!! Stay away if you can!! High turnover! Firings!!!! Drama!
Dental Assistant (Former Employee), MinnesotaFebruary 14, 2014
Pros: 1 hour lunches
Cons: fear of losing benefits, micro managed, high stress environment
Midwest Dental likes to buy smaller practices and turn them into a corporate nightmares. They micro manage all employes to the point you are miserable. If you don't have a patient you had better be off the clock. All of your benefits are calculated by hours worked. There were times when our office was slow and they sent me letters stating they were – more... close to cutting off my health insurance. Job security??? All hygienists are production based and are always trying to up sell the patients. I found this disturbing for our pre-Midwest Dental patients. Very pushy! Lots of drama also=stress!

Management is constantly changing procedures and you never get the same answer twice. They are nice to your face but are constantly making notes about you behind your back. Very high turn over!!!!! They are always firing people! You will never feel secure there. PLEASE BEWARE!

* They received one star because I couldn't leave less! – less
Great
Dental Assistant (Former Employee), Winona, MNJanuary 14, 2014
Typical day cleaning organazing rooms, cleaning tools, helping the dentist with patient, leaned dental skills, co-workers were really hard workers, hardest part, getting caught up with the preparing rooms for next patient on a very busy day, enjoyable part was getting to know people
Disaplined, Dedicated and have the drive to suceed in the working world. Posative and freindly.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Wausau, WIDecember 3, 2013
Pros: 1/2 hour lunches
Cons: dental ins. 401k poss. medical ins.
I help many people with questions and insurances. I greet everyone with a smile and make sure their experience was a positive one. Take phone calls, schedule, re-schedule, confirm appointments, sort the mail, take payments and enter to proper accounts, very confidential, close out cash drawers, and send reports to the main office. I have learned to – more... be a good listener, hear both sides of a story then take action. Never be afraid to any job. Self motivator, can work with people or by self. Need to be strong and calm in matters. Hardest part of a job is to make everyone happy. My main goal is to leave everyone with a smile or laugh, I want to be able to touch people's lives with my positive attitude. I love people and want to make their day as easy as possible. My favorite saying is "Do unto others as you want them to do to you." I love to stay busy and have the chance to work. I am a very simple person and very grateful for the small pleasures in life. – less
Midwest Dental is a good environment to work at, just not enough pay.
Dental Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee), Bridgeview, ILOctober 24, 2013
Pros: good environment
Cons: not enough hours or pay
I learned a lot with managing files and computers. Calling and billing insurances. Getting benefits for patients. Setting up trays and instruments for daily appointments. Taking x-rays for patients. Kids and adults. Cleaning rooms, pulling files, making copies or sending out a fax.
Great Place to work
Dental Assistant (Former Employee), Rochelle, ILAugust 18, 2013
Pros: friendly peoplenone
Nice Friendly Staff. Learned alot about Dentistry from the head dentist
horrible place to work!!!
dental assistant (Former Employee), madison wiMay 10, 2013
Pros: one hour lunch
Cons: bad management, low pay, high turn over, they dont care about their employees
very high turn over rate!! no job security!! management wont do anything to help the employees that actually want to work. all they care about is making the next dollar. very hostile, unfriendly co-workers.
poor management, high turnover
hygienist (Former Employee), Brookfield, WIMarch 13, 2013
Pros: great patients, insurance if full time
Cons: poor management, lack of communication, constantly changing personnel
Management is unapproachable, high turnover from doctors to staff. In the 6 year time frame I was with the corp, we had gone through 5 doctors, 7 hygienist, 11 assistants, 7 front desk and 4 office managers job security was not there. Under paid, hours constantly changing and not guaranteed. Great patient. Production based pay. Which is somewhat out – more... of your control. Depends on pt showing up etc. – less
Great people to work with, Terrible management
Dental Assistant (Current Employee), WisconsinFebruary 3, 2013
Pros: hour lunch
Cons: benefits are terrible, very high turn over, low pay, often stressful environment, management is unapproachable, they seem to open many offices and not care about the ones they already have, did i mention low paying, no paid holidays, you earn pto but that is you vacation-sick-holiday time, you must travel to their mondovi office for their "training"
Each office is run different. Great beginner place to start your career. If you can not handle change or a high stress environment, definitely not a place for you to work.
Learning experience
Patient Services Representative (Current Employee), Reedsburg, WIJanuary 3, 2013
Working at this location has been difficult due to the number of hygenists and assistants that have quit or been fired in the time that I have been employed there.
Interesting Corporate Dental Practice. Good people and patients
Dental Hygienist (Former Employee), Pewaukee, WINovember 5, 2012
New type of dentistry for me. More hands on in computer records, treatment planing, insurance follow-up, more digital imaging. Very interesting and rewarding, fast paced office. Great co-workers to help in every area.
small and somewhat slow office
Patient Service Representative/ Dental Assistant (Former Employee), Victoria, MNJune 26, 2012
Pros: easy going co-workers
Cons: most difficult part of job was keeping the schedules full for dr and hygienist
Most days were what you would expect from any receptionist/dental office position. busy atmosphere, easy going co-workers. small office.

About Midwest Dental

February 2012 - Seventy-nine dentists and over 280 staff at Midwest Dental provided $227,512 in free dental care to 660 underprivileged – Read more