Midwest Express Group Employee Reviews

sucks
yard driver (Current Employee) –  East Liberty, OHFebruary 2, 2015
Midwest express mangement sucks they dont care about the workers.they only care about keeping honda running. I would not tell anyone to go work here.
Pros
insurance
Cons
mangement
Good place to work at.
Material Handler/Inventory Puller (Former Employee) –  East Liberty, OHNovember 5, 2013
* Drove a tugger to deliver parts to the line for complete assembly. Unload trucks of delivered parts and stock.
* How to stay focus in a very busy production area. Great safety skills.
* Management wasn't always the best.
* Loved the co-workers that I worked with. We always worked as a group to get the job done.
* On days where we were short handed people.
* It was a great job over all I enjoyed everyday that I worked there.
Pros
Really good benefits.
Cons
I had to drive a hour away for work everyday.
It's no the best job out there but is not too bad at all
Regular Associate (Current Employee) –  East Liberty, OHMay 17, 2013
A typical day at work is too see no sense stuff going on and see how people are being punished for anything. If a fork-lift driver has an incident that causes A LOT of money in lost, he/she is send to a different department for couple days, not big deal. If your RF scanner go to the assembly lines by accident, no monetary loss, you may get suspended for 3 days. East Liberty building is awful. If someone does not like you, your done, you are out for being useless or for having a bad attitude. Benefits are excellent, pay rate is a joke.
This place is always looking for new associates, people keep getting fired for pointless stuff or they quit!
The hardest part of the job is too see how lazy people get the easiest job, they are not good at it and still have a job.
Management do whatever they want to do, there is no rules in this place. If they want to create a new rule without being in the handbook, they are welcome to do it. If you work 2nd shift you have NO life in this place, NO life.
Cons
You have to walk a lot to eat in the main cafeteria
I enjoyed who i worked with
Packer (Former Employee) –  Marysville, OHMarch 21, 2013
A day at work id be packing a number of different parts using packing dunnage. Also id unload parts off a truck we had to pack before we left that night and then load the empty crates back on the trailor. I learned to drive a fork lift, how to train new employees so its easy for them to catch on. Until we were moved to a new building i basicly ran my area just at the beggining of the day i was told by my team leader what needed to be done that day. I liked my bosses they were pretty cool. I loved my co-workers, we would get our work done at a good pace but have fun while we are doing it. We were safe of course. The hardest part was when we had trailors that were a day or more late or if we ran out of the shipping cases which happened often. We are not allowed to leave until everything was packed because we worked with metal and we didnt want them to rust so there was several days wed stay 4 hours over or more at one point we worked 16 hours before we got to leave. The most enjoyable part was who i worked with.
Very Little Collaboration, No team Atmosphere, Lack of Training for Supervisors
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Marysville, OHFebruary 21, 2013
A typical day at work involved training new employees for a new start up project in supply chain management. Sometimes management could be dishonest and disrespectful to others. Co-workers disrespectful to each other and some put into positions they had no business of being in. They were not qualified for positions of authority. The hardest part of the job was to get others to respect each others. The most enjoyable part of the job was to see associates learn and grow for the launch of the new system.
Cons
long hours working second shift not ending until end of third shift with no extra pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Midwest Express Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Midwest Express Group Reviews by Location