Midwest Health Services Employee Reviews

productive and fun work place working with DD
Medical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Newark, OHJanuary 2, 2017
A Medical Specialist typically schedules medical/dental appointments for all are clients we serve in licking county, making sure all clients are up to date on medication refills.
My most enjoyable part of my job is being able to work around our clients, some may be difficult at times with having behavioral issues.
Pros
working around people
Cons
poor communication
Its ok
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Massillon, OHJuly 4, 2016
Can be good job to start in health care, but can easily be taken advantage of, and not enough pay. The hardest part is working with individuals that can be harmful to themselves or others. There are some individuals that can be very fun to work with.
Pros
Rewarding experience
Cons
Unsafe, taken advantage of, no advancements
Alot of work expected in a day, pay was salary, no management support. Clicks and alot of nepotism, love of working with the DD was worth it.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Massillon, OHDecember 2, 2014
Covered two counties, love and respect for the co-worker in Wayne, she was loyal and helpful as am I. Co-worker from Stark county was not, she was disrespectful and tried to present her co-workers in a bad light.
Management did not give much support and work very quick to let many people go.
• Clients with DD: Med Administration training, CPR instruction, scheduling and accompanying clients to medical appointments, home visits, MAR preparation, gather necessary info and attend habilitation meetings. Medical assessments, decisions of medical emergency, prepare for and attend state QA reviews.
Pros
Working with clients I very much cared about
Cons
Lack of support, low wages and long hours.
Would not recommend.
Previous employee (Former Employee) –  Newark, OHNovember 30, 2015
Overall this company has the best intentions for the care of their individuals and Their priorities are in the right place, however due to erratic schedules and high turn over, the employees are not treated as well. Often times supervisors are stuck working 50+ unpredictable hours and are expected to work unethical hours, for example, being relieved at 4am after sometimes up for 14 hour shifts, then expected back in for another shift at 10am. There is rarely any compensation given for all the hard work, dedication and effort the employees put forth. Their on call system is unreliable and exhausting for everyone. Often times it's hard for employees to know which manager is on call because the rotation is always changing and the lists aren't always updated in the homes. Employees can never get time for peace of mind when they have time off, their phones are constantly ringing due to managers calling to try to cover shifts. This company has great ideals but there are a lot of issues that need corrected and adjusted.
Pros
Great individuals, great life experiences, plenty of opportunity
Cons
Mentally exhausting, unorganized, staff/supervisors are taken for granted, terrible scheduling errors
Fun, challenging, rude managers, but with very enjoyable individuals
Direct Care Staff (Current Employee) –  Massillon, OHDecember 2, 2014
Midwest is a great job because you get to work wit some very unforgettable individuals. The memories are everlasting. I learned how to improve my communication skills and how to adapt to certain situations. I also learned was to cope with anger and how to redirect individuals when they are upset or look like they may become upset. My experience with management has not been very good. Some of them are rude and they think because they have a higher position that it is okay to treat you any kind of way. The managers sometimes don't answer their phones in emergency situations or they take their time returning your call. I really enjoy working with all my co-workers never had a problem with any of them. I really don't think that any part of my job is hard even though it can be challenging at times. I enjoy ever part of my job because I enjoy helping and bringing joy to others.
Benefits
Cons
Not allowed overtime
Caring enviroment
Direct care staff (Former Employee) –  Massillon OHNovember 7, 2012
I worked hard to ensure I was fufilling the individuals needs at all times. The company taught me the basic skills in order to do so, such as: learning the indivuals rights, redirection (how and when to use the method), working with the individuals to complete their skill sheets, communication and how to handle "crisis" situations (filling out Incident Reports and knowing who to call and in what order).
It was up to my co-workers and I to ensure the basic tasks got completed since supervision wasn't always required.
Management wasn't always around in person but always easy to get in contact with. I've enjoyed getting to know and work with all the people I have. I like to feel as if I'm making some sort of a difference in someone's life.
Productive workplace, reliable friendly staff
Training Assistant (Former Employee) –  Massillon, OHApril 17, 2014
Fun yet productive work day. Co-workers are very friendly and willing to help, loving workplace. Learned great time management skills, multi-talking skills. The most enjoyable part of the job would be to be able to work with amazing co-workers, and to know that you are helping out many individuals.
Very busy therapy department with a steady full caseload .
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSAugust 9, 2012
I started seeing patients about 9:00am and continued seeing patients until 5:00pm. I completed an average of 2 or 3 OT evaluations a day. Time management was difficult and a top priority. I enjoyed working with my co-workers who were very competent and motivated.
Pros
friendly and reliable staff
Cons
very crowded work environment
Good company
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Massillon, OHDecember 16, 2015
Good company. Laundry, Client Care, client hygiene, cleaning, dishes, etc. When clients woke up we got the prepared for their daily workshop
Wonderful place to work
Direct care and supervisor (Former Employee) –  Massillon OhioFebruary 9, 2012
I loved working for Midwest health! The individuals will melt your heart. Not a good place to work if you are applying for management and like to be home with the family. But overall I really miss everyone.
Pros
everything
Cons
hours if management. if not than nothing else
Great place to work except the management
Direct care Staff (Current Employee) –  Massillon,OHJanuary 16, 2014
I fell in love with this job until my set schedule started getting messed with and the manager hired a friend and gave her all weekends off and my schedule along with it. A typical day t work is answering the same questions for one of the residents, taking another to the bathroom every hour and cooking, cleaning and giving meds. My co-workers are great I get along with each and everyone of them. The hardest part of this job is...there is no hard part. The most enjoyable part is when the residents are happy to see you come and sad to see you go.
Pros
getting to know people
Cons
no weekends off for me but for everyone else
Loved the people here
Direct Care (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHOctober 9, 2013
Everyday was a great experience to help others reach specific goals in their life. I had a great time learning new things here such as; g tube feedings and enjoyed doing all of the other things I already knew how to do like grooming, bathing, meals, laundry, housekeeping, dressing, and getting to learn everyone's behaviors. I was working with four men that were into something new everyday. You never knew what to expect but I loved it. The hardest part of the job was not knowing what each behavior would bring and I had awesome co- ,workers that worked with me as a team for the most part. Everyday was very special.
Helping individuals
Communication
Helping the individuals
Works with school schedules
Direct Patient Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Newark, OHNovember 23, 2012
made me want to be a nurse
great management
great co workers
good hours
can be stressful
review
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Massillon, OHMay 18, 2015
The engagement at this place was terrible, they expect your whole entire life to revolve around this job because they dont have enough people on their staff. your co-workers are rude, and it is extremely disorganized,
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mt. Vernon, OHDecember 5, 2014
Filing and replacing paperwork and making sure all individuals have money. Most of the time the coworkers were easy to get along with but they seemed to push assignment off on me. I really enjoyed spending time with my individuals and getting to know them better.
Poor Management
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Massillon, OHOctober 16, 2014
Co-Workers are very easy to work with , However the managers are very rude and inconsiderate. The individuals you work for are seet and loving. Best part of the job are the Clients.
Very good with clients.
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Massillon, OHAugust 29, 2012
Midwest was very in touch with the clients needs. Were very flexible with schedules and pay rate was very descent.
Lots of Job security (if you are family)
Medical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wooster, OHSeptember 1, 2013
Getting to know your clients are a pleasure. They are unforgettable in many ways. Co-workers are okay.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Constant restructuring. A lot of employee turn-arounds.
great place to work
Direct Care (Current Employee) –  Wooster, OHAugust 29, 2014
Loved my job, A lot of learning, respect and dependability. Easy ways to help others and make a difference

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Midwest Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7