Midwest Health Employee Reviews

homestead of owasso terrible place to work.
kitchen (Former Employee) –  owasso oklahomaDecember 13, 2017
mangers play favourites you will be picking up the slack for others... all family members work there and have less experience and get paid more.. peggy in hr cant be trusted nor kathy in kitchen staff dont work there its bad management..
Pros
resident's
Cons
managers and office staff
I will retire here
Director of Therapy Services (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSNovember 6, 2017
I have been at this job here for over 15 years and absolutely love it. The company is family owned and they treat you like a member of that family as soon as you hire on! This is the place to be if you have the patients best interest at heart and you are willing to do your job.
Pros
great benefits, love being treted like family
Cons
We need more great people to work for us
One of the best jobs I have every had
Resident Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lansing KsNovember 2, 2017
I was very nervous to take this job but I absolutely love it. The are so kind and are wonderful to their staff and residents. I feel a good team atmosphere.
This company provides great services in a tough health care market.
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  Caregivers Home HealthNovember 2, 2017
I'm on year 19 with the company and have seen many individuals work their way up from entry level jobs to higher paying, higher responsibility positions in the company. Hard work, honesty and doing your best for the people you serve, you will go far!
Positive work environment and fun place to work.
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KSNovember 2, 2017
Great place to work. Good workplace culture. Wonderful residents to work with, always a pleasure to help them resolve concerns. Hardest part of job is finding entry level staff that are the right fit for our Community.
Pros
Working with a great staff and wonderful residents.
Cons
Recruiting quality staff for entry positions.
This place is horrible
Medication Aide (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSOctober 21, 2017
They don't want to pay for the work the employee is doing and they keep a staff of three to four to care for sixty or more residents. There is way to much of a workload for that small number of staff so be prepared to bust your butt for little pay and even less appreciation.
Pros
The residents are awesome
Cons
The management couldnt care less about the residents or staff
Horrible Place To Work
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  KansasOctober 12, 2017
I had this job as a Dietary Aide while i was in high school. Please, just don't waste your time even applying. The staff were horrible to the residents, the management was horrible. The only good thing was getting to be around the residents. Overall, the facility I worked at was terrible, but not sure if I would ever work at another one of Midwest Health's facilities.
Cons
Poor managment, not enough staff
wonderful company
Marketer's Assistant/Medial Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MISeptember 8, 2017
Midwest was a wonderful company. We was like family, and everyone got alone very well. Just hate they sold the practice. Human resource was terrible, was not fair and seem like that they always wanted to see disagreement among the employee's
This was a good place to work
Certified Nurse Assistant(CNA) (Former Employee) –  Manhattan KansasAugust 19, 2017
I enjoyed the position and co workers. It was stressful at times. We were good team players. The residents made the shifts all the better. I really appreciated the opportunity of education advancements after being employed for one year.
Worst Job I've ever had
Direct Care Staff (Current Employee) –  Massillon, OHJune 21, 2017
you are very under paid for the things you deal with, staff is constantly quitting so remaining staff is always over worked, job is not worth my time or sanity
very understanding people
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 2, 2017
Midwest is a great place learn. They are very respectful, and have no problem with helping you out if your having a problem. I learned there's a lot of people who needs help,and these companies are doing that respectfully. The hard part of the job would be leaving only transfer belt. My most memorable part is seeing the client happy .
Working with my individuale
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Wooster, OHMay 31, 2017
When I started at Midwest was direct care, moved up to management in 2 months, I ran 3 homes and the independent program, the following year I became a program coordinator, which gave me the opportunity to assure that the individuals wants and needs were met, now I have 6 homes that I'm over, I love each one of my individuals, I have a great set of managers under me,. The company continues to grow, unfortunately we don't have the staff for the growth, which puts extra work on managers and Program Coordinator​s to do their job and cover numerous direct care hours, we are salaried employee's working anywhere from 50 plus hours a week. I love working with my individuals, but I have a family that needs me as well.
Pros
The indvuduals
Cons
Over worked, the pay grade and compensation
Good Company
Corporate and Facility Support (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSMay 12, 2017
I found the company to be very flexible. Benefits weren't bad but they weren't good either. The employees are nice. The management has done various fun activities for us, such as, when we were getting ready to move into our new building they threw a happy hour for us at a restaurant near by after we got a tour of the building.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Benefits on the pricy side
Very good place to work. They care about residents and employees
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Salina, KSMay 4, 2017
Love being able to bring my full potential to residents.
Everyday I'm learning something new.
They have a great new administrator. He's very active with residents and family.
A lot of employees really work together well.
Hardest part of the job is government regulations, but the corporation really helps out.
The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the residents satisfied.
Pros
enormous training.
Cons
a few young high schoolers that are not as dedicated
I liked working at magna u can get a lot of overtime
DCP (Former Employee) –  WhiteFebruary 25, 2017
When I was working for Midwest I really liked it. i really enjoy working with the elders and I had a lot of hours a lot of overtime but I was working 2 nd shift 12 hours a day 7 days a week
Worse place to work....
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leawood, KSDecember 8, 2016
Save your time and energy and apply at other places that will appreciate your time and dedication....my biggest problem was with the administrator She pretend that she cared about the staff but she only had her picks.....I worked at homestead of leawood for 2 yrs never miss any work but as soon as I got sick in was told to bring in a doctors note as if I was faking being sick......so I handed her my two doctors notes and my two weeks notice. I gave all my time and energy at a job that didn't have my back. I took time away from my family to be loyal to a job that didn't care about me. So if you want drama and a fake administrator that act like she care then apply....But if you don't go else were and find a job that will appreciate you.....
Pros
You could be on your phone
Cons
Sorry adminstrator
This job can be a life changing experience.
Direct Care Staff (Current Employee) –  Wayne County, OHJanuary 5, 2016
A typical work day consists of cooking, providing care, and cleaning. Providing care could be from administering medications all the way to giving CPR/First Aid in the event of an emergency.
Pros
Train you for all the job requirements, The company also pays you while you train, Sick hours, Management Positions, Pay Raises
Cons
Some short shifts with long drives.
Class B Commercial Driver 's License holder, Punctual, trustworthy, and reliable employee
Transportation Driver (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSOctober 21, 2015
I enjoyed working daily with the clients. I was the person that did the early shift's, when Dialysis residents need picked up by 5:15 am,5:30 am, 5:45 am, 6:00 am, etc... I also came during regular hours too. I worked 40 + hours a week. I also worked my regular shift on Friday's and the worked from 5:30 pm until 7:00 am Saturday's. Performed Bus trips to activity as needed. Performed Gurney's runs. The hardest part of the job was while doing some gurney's pickup's, when a person was 400lbs to 480lbs and I would have to load the in my van without any help. But I got it done and used everything I had to complete the tasks. My co-workers were helpful, when they were able to help. I have a Strong work ethics and the ability to work with all types of individuals. I can adapt to a challenge ad learns new technology.
Pros
Worked with alot of good staff and enjoy working and getting to know the residents/cliets
Cons
All employee's need to be appreciated for the good work we all done for the company.
Ability to build strong lasting relationships
Direct Care & Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Massillon, OHMay 30, 2014
May not be very understandable of specific individual scheduling concerns. Required long hours and minimal pay. Individual relationships worth your time if a stepping stone.
Pros
relationships
Cons
minimal pay, long hours
room for improvement
Medication Aide (Former Employee) –  Kearney, NEDecember 13, 2013
I feel that the company was ok, they cared alot for the residents, and made them priroty, they could treat the employes better. There needs to be more hours given. They should care more about the workers then they do.
Pros
got to spend time with residents, and learned allot about them.
Cons
they didnt want to pay us for our breaks, and thier was alot of drama.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Midwest Health. Our community is ready to answer.