Midwest Orthopaedics at RUSH Employee Reviews

fast pace environment
IME/Workmen's Compensation Appointment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Westchester, ILJanuary 4, 2018
This is a call center so, it's a very fast paced environment. It's stressful because there is a screen showing how many calls are holding. It's puts a lot of pressure on you to work but not accurately.
A true place of excellence
Occupational Therapy Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 12, 2017
The surgeons at MOR are world class. This organization always strives for excellence. Some departments could benefit from more management experience, but overall this is an excellent place and I would highly recommend this employer.
great place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 20, 2017
Enjoyed my employment with this company. Left for family issues.
busy practice with great doctors. Employees ARE GREATLY APPRECIATED. Clinic hours can be long, but great new facility.
Pros
great place to work.
Cons
some travel to other sites.
Great working environment
Appointment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 21, 2017
It's enjoyable to work with a variety of different cultures and everyone seems to be very family oriented and well rounded. So far I have enjoyed working here.
Pros
Company party
Cons
Salary
overall a solid company to work for
Appointment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Westchester, ILJanuary 20, 2017
While the work schedule can be variable and the work can get difficult as any customer services position deal with irate patients. The company does offer many great benefits and also incentives in the various positions. There is consideration for an employees family and also for employees to be supported. Not all managers treat everyone equally but hard work is recognized. The CEO is very involved in his company and knows many of the employees and makes himself approachable. This I think is benefit when you are working at moving upward internally, and they do promote employees who have earned it. Overall a good company to work for, there is normal up and down, but its a company that hires employees who want to be there.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
variable schedule
Large Private Practice
Physician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 20, 2017
primary outpatient setting evaluating acute and chronic ortho conditions. treating nonsurgical and surgical patients. post op care. rare hospital rounds. no nights no weekends. Fare amount of Work comp
Fast Paced
Patient Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 20, 2016
Typical Day consisted of checking in an average of 40/50 patients per day. Insurance verification, collecting patient balances, and rooming patients.

I learned how to interact with patients in a customer service environment.

Management was by far the worst I have ever seen. Very unprofessional.

Co-workers very helpful and friendly.

Hardest park of the job was dealing with angry patients and keeping a steady pace in the fast pace environment.

Most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside some of my coworkers.
Pros
Weekends off Great benefits
Cons
Short Breaks, and unprofessional Management
Multitask
Customer Service Representative Billing Dept. (Current Employee) –  Westchester, ILApril 4, 2016
The company I am currently working for is an extraordinary opportunity to advance and learn. I like the fact that our managers are down to earth, understanding and very much human.
Pros
Health benefits
Great research program
Post-Baccalaureate Clinical Research Fellowship (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 29, 2016
Performing research duties under direct supervision from an orthopaedic sports medicine doctor (MD), coordinating orthopaedic research projects, engaging in new and on-going projects
Great Job
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 19, 2016
Great Job, Great benefits, Nice place to work, Little room for advancement, Compensation is better than average. Overall a great place to work.
Busy and Fast paced
Patient Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 30, 2015
* A typical day consisted of checking an average of 50 patients. Entering and running eligibility on insurances. Having X-Rays downloaded and putting patients in rooms

* I was taught office skills and how to interact with people in a costumer service environment

* I enjoy working for the managers i worked for they were flexible and easy to work for

* I enjoy working with my co-workers they are fun and easy to get along with

* the hardest part of the job is juggling meany different tasks and completing them all at once.

* The most enjoyable part is working with my co-workers
Pros
Co-Workers, Weekends off
Cons
Short breaks/no breaks, angry patients
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 7, 2015
Great please to work, great benefits great managements. Competitive salary overall a great company, They are one of the best orthopaedics practice in Illinois.
Exciting place to work at
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 25, 2015
Midwest Orthopaedic is a very interesting and fun place to work at i work in the DME store see many patients and it is interesting seeing different injuries and learning at the same time. Making patients feel good and leave with a smile on their face is my main concern.
Productive, fun workplace
Financial Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Westchester, ILNovember 5, 2014
I enjoyed working there. They had great benefits and stability.
productive
Clinical Coordinator and Financial Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 16, 2014
I enjoy working with customers and people. I learned a different software and was able to work on different tasks. My co workers are great and fun..
Pros
awesome doctors
Cons
hardly lunches
Good Company to work for but management could be better
REIMBURSEMENT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IllinoisJuly 10, 2013
I worked daily with EOBs making sure that payments were correct and if they were not it was my responsibility to obtain the unpaid monies. I learned a great deal of information about orthopaedic billing and reimbursement. I learned how to communicate with insurance companies, third party administrators, attorneys and patients. The hardest part of the job was the massive amount paperwork that we received on a daily basis and the most enjoyable part of the job was the co-workers.