midwest petroleum Employee Reviews

Cahier (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 6, 2016
A typical workday at this establishment is actually fun not because of the place it's because of the people I've grown to know so well the employees and customers. What I've learned at this establishment was not everyone is friendly but it gave me the ability to have more respect and patience, the hardest part of the job is having to deal with rude unruly people.
Pros
N/a
Cons
not enough pay
productive and fast place work place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOMarch 20, 2016
Clean environment, constant meeting new people and dealing with regulars. Continuing on growing and Learning on Money Management, up selling products in the store to meet companies needs and wants. Management is very great! easy going and flexible with working with people and other schedules, My co-workers are great we work as a team to get all task done through out the store. Hardest part of my job is constantly staying on your feet for a long periods of time. Have to be able to take on a rush if need be. Joys is meeting and connecting with new individuals everyday
Pros
Free soda, Free smiles, Culture experience, Money management
Cons
short break if any at all, constantly on feet, dealing with rude individuals
Fast paced great experience
Roaming Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MOMarch 6, 2016
Most places I worked at for Midwest Petroleum were fun to work for. Gave me a lot of experience in management. A few problems are that they fire their managers after they've reached a certain point of salary pay and years worked. Most of the employees that I experienced work with were incompetent and lazy.
Pros
Promotions are relatively quick for those that work hard
Cons
After you reach management expect two - three years of employement
Interesting place to work
Overnight Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MOJune 14, 2016
Some of the regular customers were quite the characters. The work was mentally challenging without being overly physically exhausting. The management was excellent to work for.
Hard working employees
Rotated between ten different locations (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 30, 2016
They don't pay their employees good enough, I worked for 10 different locations and only got paid 9.50 an hour. And they didn't reimburse on the gas.
Wide Range of Experience
Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  Steelville, MODecember 1, 2015
In an eight hour shift, there were always plenty of obstacles to overcome. From day one, I could expect to be filing my own end of day paperwork. The benefits weren't necessarily anything to be overwhelmed by, but they are present.

All in all, the company seemed to be traveling in the right direction. They maintained a modern image, and their promotions reflected items that were popular in the region. The stores were frequently checked upon to assure a quality appearance was maintained.

I learned a lot in this bustling environment, and would someday hope to use this experience for yet another step forward in employment.
Ok part time job for college students
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MOJanuary 27, 2016
midwest was not the place for me the management is horrible and the employees are useless and the way they operate is completely unorthodox
Awesome crew
Cashier (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 22, 2015
The job in itself was OK. The management was horrible because they never wanted to work, would always leave earlier than supposed to and never took your calls when anything happened. They didn't properly train so you had to go off what your coworker knew and just hope for the best. The customers were OK but every now and then you got a difficult one that wanted to make your day bad. The most enjoyable part was the crew.
Easy work, terrible job in general
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MOOctober 9, 2015
The work is really easy, but it is not a job I would recommend. Especially not to a girl. Very scary work environment as far as customers. Management was horrible and made promises that they didn't keep.
Working my way through my Bachelor's Degree
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJuly 8, 2015
A typical day consisted of customer service and securing the property. I learned how to deal with numerous customers at a time while yielding positive results. Management was very informative and willing to share knowledge on a daily basis. I enjoyed the company and felt I was safe while working with any and all co-workers. The hardest part of the job was the chance of being robbed at gun point at any given time. I had many occasions where when intervening with various situations a gun was brandished. I also worked 45-60 hours a week while trying to obtain my Bachelors though I requested less. The most enjoyable part of my job was the knowledge passed on to me by my manager and enjoying the company of returning customers.
Pros
Information passed down by my superiors
Cons
Safety
Overall an enjoyable job
Gas Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  Ballwin, MOJune 21, 2015
My day consists of checking people out at my register. During down time I stock soda & beer coolers, as well as cigarettes. I also am responsable for cleaning, taking out trash inside & outside.
The management is great! Enjoy my co-workers as well!
The hardest part would be trying to balance the customers on a busy day with completing the cleaning tasks.
The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the regular customers that come in.
Pros
Fun, easy-going environment
Cons
No benefits for part-time
Awesome place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOSeptember 9, 2015
The manager is a great lady. She knows her job and does it very well. The team is hard working and cares about the facility. I would recommend this company to everyone for employment.
Pros
great team of employees
Cons
worked every weekend
Decent
Assistant C Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Cuba, MOSeptember 9, 2015
Corporate and district management could be better. Co-Workers are lazy, leaving others with a full workload. Wages are not fair. Does offer 401K and insurance, as well as paid time off.
productive and can be rewarding
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOMarch 28, 2015
I can say that I love the customers, that is what makes my job rewarding. It's hard work, constantly moving, getting items for your customer or running the register. It can get extremely busy at certain times of the day. during down time, I usually stock the coolers to make sure when my customers come through that door, their need will be met. I have lots of fun on this job because of the customers, they make my day and serving people is what I love doing. making them happy. My customers are awesome and my co-workers are the best and at Midwest, I can interact with the customers and even though there aren't a lot of hours, the fun I have working with my co-workers and the customers makes it worth the while.
Pros
friendly enviroment, great customers, awesome co-workers
Cons
not enough hours, stressful sometimes, no benefits
Good Workplace to attain experience
Store Manager/Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 27, 2015
Good place to get your management training in. Expect a little too much from their managers for what they pay. There's a lot of nepotism that goes on at the corporate level, with family hiring family etc. Horrible bonus package that doesn't compensate by merit too much. Expect managers to work as many hours as it takes to keep up their "Corporate" Image. All in all a good place for young managers to get their training.
Pros
decent training
Cons
no advancement, horrible health benefits, bad bonus programs
Fast pace, steady work, and get to meet interasing people.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 26, 2015
Going to work here, there was friendly people to meet and work with. First time working for a service station, Learned how use the Ruby,Lottery,money Orders, Link card,Paypal machines. Working with people can be a hard thing to do, Its all about taking care of them and getting them on there way. I had a manger that was helping learn everything there was to know about working there. Just knowing that they happy to see me every time i came to work.
I loved working here for many reasons
Cashier/Sales Associate/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 13, 2015
Everyday was something new. No day was ever the same. I learned almost everything I know from Midwest. I did go through a lot of managers so I have to say it was the General Managers that taught me all that I know. My co-workers were awesome!! The hardest part of that job was the cooler. I enjoyed everything else about it.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
watch out for crooked managers
Very hard work with little compensation
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOJanuary 19, 2015
The job was very difficult to balance employees, customers, and management. Had to work all holidays and every weekend. there was room for advancement, but, compensation was only good for salaried employees at each store location.
Pros
advancement opportunities from within.
Cons
never able to take a break, high expectations with low compasation
Excellent way to learn cash handling experience
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 7, 2013
Fast or slow pace environment.
Between 20 and 40 customer per day
Will help you learn how to understand different types of attitudes and how to take an approach.
Great source to learn cash handling
Some strong and unsteady co-worker and manager.
The hardest part of this job is learning different personality and attitudes. But if you are a peoples person you will learn how to deal.
i truly enjoyed helping customer and dealing with money and paper work
Pros
cash handing, increas organization skills
Cons
theives and robbery, different manager
Exciting place to work enjoyed meeting new people
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 30, 2013
A typical day at work was opening the store in the morning setting up for business. Providing excellent customer service until first cashier arrived. Then collecting all previous day numbers and entering them into computer to make sure everything matched. Waiting on Brinks truck to arrive and collect money. My employees were the best my store had the best turn-over-rate in the company. The hardest part of my job was finding honest and dependable employees. The most enjoyable was providing the best customer service to keep them coming back.
Pros
free coffee, quartly bonuses
Cons
if someone called off and i could not find someone to cover the shift i had to work it myself

2.7