midwest petroleum Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Fun but bad managment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MOSeptember 6, 2017
Poor management and each person gets treated different. Night shift is the only ones who stock the cooler and bag ice. Morning and evening doesn't have to do anything.
Never talk down on your employee
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOMay 5, 2017
Typical day is getting my job done known what I had too do I learned everyone is not as friendly as you want them to be the manager to me was rude and mean the hardest part of this job was being rude to and talking about each other I didn't like that the most enjoyable part is known the customer that was friendly
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
Had a break
Organized Work Place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO 63136April 15, 2017
A typical day at Midwest is balanced. and organized. When the shift starts there's already a list with who does what during the shift to make sure everyone is managing there time,
Fun but demanding
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 6, 2017
The workers were pleasant and the customers, for the most part but management was barely there and never answered the phone if they'd left and something went wrong. They mostly left you to figure things out on your own and you took the backlash from the customers if they ended up not being satisfied.
Not so great.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cahokia, ILMarch 27, 2017
The employees are wonderful most of the time. Very nice and welcoming to new employees, since I have seen so many new ones since have been employed here. Nobody stays long, typically because of management. Honestly, they talk to employees like they are children and not human beings, which turns a lot of people off, even myself.
Pros
Nice customers and employees
Cons
No breaks, Poor management
Cashier
Cashier and Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Festus, MOJanuary 28, 2017
Love working with the customers and helping them. Love to interact with the customers and love working there. I work nights so I do most of the cleaning but I still wait on customers and enjoy talking to customers.
It was a job
customer service (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MODecember 29, 2016
It was a good atmosphere. The hours were nice and so was the managers i had some issues with agreements set up at the beginning. They did know i was pregnant and would have normal weekly visits. I gave them the Notice and they still scheduled me those days.
Pros
nice atmosphere
Cons
Were not willing to understand the importance of my OBGYN appointments
I worked mostly overnights here.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbia, ILJuly 12, 2016
When I worked here, I worked as an overnight person. I was mostly left to my own devices, and as long as everything was finished in the morning when the boss arrived, everything was fine. I did not work with any co-workers because the overnight was a one person job. The store and assistant managers were very good and very fair. The hardest part of the job was staying awake.
Hard working employees
Rotated between ten different locations (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 30, 2016
They don't pay their employees good enough, I worked for 10 different locations and only got paid 9.50 an hour. And they didn't reimburse on the gas.
Interesting place to work
Overnight Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MOJune 14, 2016
Some of the regular customers were quite the characters. The work was mentally challenging without being overly physically exhausting. The management was excellent to work for.
Cahier (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 6, 2016
A typical workday at this establishment is actually fun not because of the place it's because of the people I've grown to know so well the employees and customers. What I've learned at this establishment was not everyone is friendly but it gave me the ability to have more respect and patience, the hardest part of the job is having to deal with rude unruly people.
Pros
N/a
Cons
not enough pay
productive and fast place work place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOMarch 20, 2016
Clean environment, constant meeting new people and dealing with regulars. Continuing on growing and Learning on Money Management, up selling products in the store to meet companies needs and wants. Management is very great! easy going and flexible with working with people and other schedules, My co-workers are great we work as a team to get all task done through out the store. Hardest part of my job is constantly staying on your feet for a long periods of time. Have to be able to take on a rush if need be. Joys is meeting and connecting with new individuals everyday
Pros
Free soda, Free smiles, Culture experience, Money management
Cons
short break if any at all, constantly on feet, dealing with rude individuals
Fast paced great experience
Roaming Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MOMarch 6, 2016
Most places I worked at for Midwest Petroleum were fun to work for. Gave me a lot of experience in management. A few problems are that they fire their managers after they've reached a certain point of salary pay and years worked. Most of the employees that I experienced work with were incompetent and lazy.
Pros
Promotions are relatively quick for those that work hard
Cons
After you reach management expect two - three years of employement
Ok part time job for college students
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MOJanuary 27, 2016
midwest was not the place for me the management is horrible and the employees are useless and the way they operate is completely unorthodox
Wide Range of Experience
Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  Steelville, MODecember 1, 2015
In an eight hour shift, there were always plenty of obstacles to overcome. From day one, I could expect to be filing my own end of day paperwork. The benefits weren't necessarily anything to be overwhelmed by, but they are present.

All in all, the company seemed to be traveling in the right direction. They maintained a modern image, and their promotions reflected items that were popular in the region. The stores were frequently checked upon to assure a quality appearance was maintained.

I learned a lot in this bustling environment, and would someday hope to use this experience for yet another step forward in employment.
Easy work, terrible job in general
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MOOctober 9, 2015
The work is really easy, but it is not a job I would recommend. Especially not to a girl. Very scary work environment as far as customers. Management was horrible and made promises that they didn't keep.
Awesome crew
Cashier (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 22, 2015
The job in itself was OK. The management was horrible because they never wanted to work, would always leave earlier than supposed to and never took your calls when anything happened. They didn't properly train so you had to go off what your coworker knew and just hope for the best. The customers were OK but every now and then you got a difficult one that wanted to make your day bad. The most enjoyable part was the crew.
Decent
Assistant C Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Cuba, MOSeptember 9, 2015
Corporate and district management could be better. Co-Workers are lazy, leaving others with a full workload. Wages are not fair. Does offer 401K and insurance, as well as paid time off.
Awesome place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOSeptember 9, 2015
The manager is a great lady. She knows her job and does it very well. The team is hard working and cares about the facility. I would recommend this company to everyone for employment.
Pros
great team of employees
Cons
worked every weekend
Working my way through my Bachelor's Degree
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJuly 8, 2015
A typical day consisted of customer service and securing the property. I learned how to deal with numerous customers at a time while yielding positive results. Management was very informative and willing to share knowledge on a daily basis. I enjoyed the company and felt I was safe while working with any and all co-workers. The hardest part of the job was the chance of being robbed at gun point at any given time. I had many occasions where when intervening with various situations a gun was brandished. I also worked 45-60 hours a week while trying to obtain my Bachelors though I requested less. The most enjoyable part of my job was the knowledge passed on to me by my manager and enjoying the company of returning customers.
Pros
Information passed down by my superiors
Cons
Safety