Midwest Professional Staffing Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
MidWest Professional Staffing
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Clive, IASeptember 22, 2017
It was a temporary job through a Temp Agency. We had multiple people start at the same time, so I wasn't the only 'new guy', Which was easy to make friends and become comfortable in the work environment.
Great Company
Documentation and Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAAugust 19, 2017
Great people to work with - very professional and caring staff. Ensure you are placed in a job that meets your skill set.I have enjoyed my assignment and the people I work with at the company.
Never Heard Back at All
Tech Writer (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAJuly 1, 2017
Applied for a position and never heard back anything after two interviews. Even reached back by phone but they never updated me on the position. Still wondering if I am being considered or not.
IT Recruiter/General Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Clive, IAJune 5, 2017
MWPS is a great place to work. They pride themselves on giving their employees a great work/life Balance, fun environment to work in and great people to work with.
Large scale call center operation for tax season
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  EquifaxNovember 29, 2016
Receive Inbound calls for assisting customers with tax software, some exposure to confidential information, strict work environment. Job had significant stretches of downtime if incoming call traffic was low.
They aren't continuously motivated once you become old news.
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAAugust 11, 2016
They got me a job right out of the start then nothing after that. No one even kept in touch with me and when I called, they always said they didn't have anything, but Indeed and other sites say otherwise. I finally gave up on them after 3 months and got a job on my own! I worked with 3 other ppl from Midwest. They also never got in contact with this company. We all had to go our own ways
Pros
Cons
Never gets back to you
Fantastic Agency
Data Specialist (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJune 1, 2016
MWPSS is a great agency to work through to find a placement that fits your needs. I was placed with a company that valued my expertise and allowed me to rapidly develop.

I had a severe health need that required addressing within the first week of my placement and MWPSS and my placed agency both worked with me and conformed to my schedule. I think this is rare in temporary placement services
Pros
Great placement, attentitive to needs, willing to work around your schedule
Cons
Placements are typically only temporary
Not a long term job
Data Entry Clerk, Equifax (Former Employee) –  West Des MoinesJune 30, 2015
I did not see this job as a permanent position. I hardly worked 40 hours a week & was only paid $10hr. I also couldn't talk much to my coworkers.
Ok place to work
Annuity Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IowaJune 23, 2015
Would prefer to answer this question if required or requested to do so by potential employer in person. Thank you. Was ok place to work.
Kept me busy, productive, steady assignments
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IaMay 12, 2015
This is a good company, they helped me look for work when I needed it, good communication. If I had the chance, I would go back to them.
Pros
Flexable, reliable
Cons
temp work, not always sure how long assignment would last
Equal Opportunity Work Place
verification specialist (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAApril 16, 2015
I've learned more about being in an office work environment. I do enjoy my co-workers they are very easy to get along with. Management is always on top of things.
Pros
Easy to learn
Cons
No paid time off
Not a good place to work. Requirements changed daily, and management was never around to help.
VOE Specialist (Former Employee) –  Clive IowaApril 11, 2015
Typical day at work would be sitting at a desk for 8 and half hours talking on the phone to the HR department at certain companies we were required to call. All work was handled via Wells Fargo Bank. I learned how the home mortgage process worked and what Wells Fargo polices were. Management at this company was never around when you needed them. They were never willing to help and fired people left and right that were new and still trying to learn the job. The attendance requirements were outrageous and no one could stay within them. The co-workers i had the pleasure of working with were very nice and respectful. They helped whenever needed and every one worked as a time. Your co-workers become your friends. The hardest part of the job was always having to do OT every day of the week with no breaks and time off. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to train the new hires.
Pros
45 minute lunch, and certain holidays off
Cons
lots of cons, Rude management, short breaks, ridiculous requirements
Temp Staffing Company
Underwriter Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clive, IAFebruary 10, 2015
Placed at an insurance company as underwriter to commercial services
I review surveys that come in for the commercial policies to make sure they are compliant with their policy.
I send out letters requesting surveys be returned.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Low pay
A great, fun company to work for.
Global Atlantic - Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IASeptember 18, 2014
Midwest Professional Staffing has always found me great opportunities on contract. I've met some amazing people along my way.
Pros
People and work load
Cons
Pto, vacation
Every temp placement was a excellent fit for me and the company,
Clerical - Temporary (Former Employee) –  Clive, IAJanuary 25, 2014
CAlled in and made a appointment to see a recruiting specialist. Usually found me a job in 1-2 weeks.

Great company and Great management!! Bill Raine
Pros
Good management
Works well with family.
Staff Temp. (Current Employee) –  Clive, IAFebruary 6, 2013
This company understands when family emergencies come up.
Cons
it jobs in short supply with company.
Excellent Staffing Representatives
Licensing and Contracting Specialist (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IADecember 10, 2012
This is a staffing agency that has placed with a very prominent company in the Des Moines area.
Great Temp Agency
Loan Servicing Specialist (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IANovember 28, 2012
great temp agency which helped me get my foot in the door with a great company.
Pros
cheesecake