Midwest Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

EVS Janitorial Job
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Midwest City, OKJune 22, 2017
Normally clock in split with my team and go to designated patience rooms to clean. also had designated places in the hospital to clewan such as radiation lab surgery rooms ect. The working crew very friend as well as management.
Pros
Friendly, Always Busy
Cons
low pay
What to say
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Midwest City, OKJune 16, 2017
They expect you to take care of the whole floor no help with very little pay. Management do not care about you as a patient or worker. Nothing good to say about this compay.
Patient Care is everything
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Midwest City, OKJune 8, 2017
I love the medical field, working in the Emergency Room and for the critical care units fills my need to help others in there time of need, especially in critical moments
Pros
Great benefits
Business office setting
Patient Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Midwest City, OKApril 10, 2017
Your typical day at work would be constantly on the phones with insurance companies trying to get claims processed and paid. Excellent staff and very friendly.
MWRH is a good place to work
Cardiac Nurse (Former Employee) –  Midwest City, OKJanuary 14, 2017
Excellent staff combined with endless job opportunities makes Midwest Regional a great place to work. Midwest Regional is a great place to start your nursing career.
Extremely difficult work environment.
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Midwest City, OKDecember 1, 2016
This is a difficult place to work due to lack of staffing, poor systems operations. The management is only motivated by numbers and the patient care is suffering.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Everything else
busy, did have parties to keep employes on the postive side
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Midwest City, OKSeptember 17, 2015
very busy, always something to do. co-worker were easy and not so easy, but at the end of the day everything was good. we had in and out patient to do each day and also do pick up at another nursing home
Pros
30 minutes lunch
Cons
got 1 break
Over stressed workplace
Patient Registration (Former Employee) –  Midwest City, OKSeptember 7, 2015
As a employee who thrives on customer service I worked well with my co-workers and immediate supervisor. Working in the medical field in any capacity is stressful and when you add incompetent management it makes for a long shift. The most enjoyable part of the job was that when I went home, I knew that I had truly helped someone.
Pros
Comparable wages/benefits
Cons
No breaks or lunches; micro management; incompetent managament
Provided safe patient care
Staff Nurse, RN (Former Employee) –  Midwest CityAugust 4, 2015
Went to report for the patients
Provided their needs
Kept the patients safe
Provided individual care for each patient
This is when I worked the medical floor.
Besides basic patient care I drew blood from ports and triple luemens. I gave blood, gave general patient care. I prepared patients for dialysis and took care of babies. This was a primary care centered care.
Pros
Good work ethics
Cons
12 hour shifts
Positive
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Midwest City, OKJune 13, 2015
The people you work with on a day to day basis are amazing and wonderful people. They are dedicated to helping others. The training and education provided is structured and engaging.

The localized management seems to be uncertain and ever-changing due to recent corporate transition from HMA to CHS. The hardest part of the job is a result of older legacy systems not having the infrastructure necessary to support newer systems and advances in technology. The organization is playing catch up in order to comply with meaningful use.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the day to day interaction with people- both patients and co-workers, the people we ultimately work for are the patients and families we help.
Pros
Staff dedicated to making a difference
Cons
staff shortages that often result going without breaks
Hospital Week
Benefits Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Midwst City, OklahomaJune 3, 2015
Wearing many hats on any topical day. Busy and fast paste environment. Higher management needs improvement, Great co-workers. Hardest part of the job not being able to tell complete truth about the company hiring procedures. Most enjoyable part of the job feeling at the end of the day that I may have made a difference in someone life.
Nurse to patient ratio is dangerous
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Midwest City, OKJune 1, 2015
On a cardiac or Med/Surg floor the nurses are forced to take up to seven and eight patients no matter what the acuity of their group is. Long time staff has quit and found other employment. Patient care and safety is not a priority, if there is an open bed it needs to be filled. Staff morale is down and nurses go home crying feeling inadequate and stressed. It used to be a good place to work. The hardest part of the job is not being able to give quality care to our patients due to high nurse to patient ratios.
Pros
You earn a paycheck
Cons
You leave work feeling stressed and overwhelmed
4M Oncology
RN 4M Oncology (Former Employee) –  OncologyMarch 31, 2015
The floor had problems with high nurse/pt ratios and we went through multiple supervisors while I was there. In general, coworkers were a pretty good mix. I had problems getting switched to days after requesting a position change for more than a year. Oncology has its rewards, but you definitely need to be prepared for your patients to pass away on your shift. It happens and is expected.
Loved the nursing staff.
Certified Nursing Assistant, Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Midwest City, OKMarch 8, 2015
The staff was always so friendly and fun. I enjoyed working in different environments and working with different patients at various times.
I worked with some Great people
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Midwest City, OKOctober 22, 2014
I would get orders from the Dr's. and orders them in the computer. I kept up the patients charts with labs, H&P, ect.
First contract
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Midwest City, OKOctober 7, 2014
This was a good learning experience. This was my first contract experience. It was demanding, short-staffed, and fast paced. I learned how to take on tough assignments. The hardest part was to convince managers that the patient loads were too heavy or unsafe.
Pros
Good staff
Cons
tough patient assignments
I enjoyed working there
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Midwest City, OKOctober 7, 2014
Management and the doctors were easy to work with. They were eager to teach their scope of knowledge.
Small Town, Big ER, Big Heart
Registered Nurse Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Midwest City, OKFebruary 16, 2014
I absolutely loved working for this hospital and only left due to my husband's job transfer. The management was very employee oriented and I had supportive co-workers. Wish I was still there!
Average Job
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Midwest City, OKJanuary 7, 2014
I enjoyed my job, but the only thing that bothered me was they hired teenagers for summer jobs and sometimes they always calls in making me had to take over some of their shifts. The hardest part of the job is that the shift before mine doesn't do their jobs which leaves me to do theirs plus mine.
Pros
Good lunches, friendly co-workers and management
Cons
young co-workers always calling it
front desk (Former Employee) –  midwest city ok 73110November 7, 2013
I like working with people and I go to work on time and leave on time
Pros
I like working with people