Midwestern State University Employee Reviews in United States

It was decent
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXApril 1, 2016
Learned a lot about myself. I learned the value of hard work and dedication.. Employers were demanding but fair at the same time.
Fun and comfortable environment to work.
Phone Operator/Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXFebruary 9, 2016
Working at Midwestern State University has been rewarding. This environment was very welcoming and focused at the same time. Management works with you regarding your schedule and is always willing to help. There was nothing hard about my job, but the most enjoyable part was the ability to be able to express myself.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Limited hours
Great atmosphere to work with friendly co-workers and employers.
Math Help Lab Student Instructor (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXJanuary 7, 2016
The time I spent in employment at Midwestern State University was enjoyable. My time working in the Department of Mathematics as a grader and student instructor in the Math Help Lab allowed me to use my mathematical education to help students taking math courses. Working with other mathematics majors and professors allowed me to further develop my understanding of mathematics and perfect the way I answer mathematical questions. Though it was frustrating when I wasn't able to provide an answer to a student with a question, it was a great pleasure to help students understand the solution to their problems .
Fun and exciting place to explore
Graduate Research Assistant, History Department (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXDecember 7, 2015
I worked as a Graduate Research Assistant for the History department at Midwestern State University. My position had me working at Moffett Library. While I was there, I was able to access and work with the Nolan Moore III History of Print collection, which has pieces dating back to 2400 BC. The collection has rare, first edition prints, and manuscripts from medieval times. The library also has its own special collections, which has an extensive collection on Texas history, as well as local Wichita Falls history. It also has numerous books that were donated from area collectors, many of them first edition or out of print books.
Pros
Plenty of material to explore
jobs
Veteran's Education Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXNovember 15, 2015
treated like family, nice people, nice benefits, hard work get you far.
co workers were nice, management very workable, one of the negatives could be a clique type work place at times.
Fun workplace
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXNovember 1, 2015
I had a great time working there. I enjoyed the people I worked with. The pay was very low (minimum wage). I worked as a Student Assistant
Interactive, fun place to work
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXOctober 29, 2015
I have great co-workers, and the working environment is stress-free. There are opportunities to have fun with the job. It is a great feeling when you help someone understand the writing process.
Pros
Fun people to work with
Cons
Not many working hours
Fun place to work and interact with other students and alumni.
PHONATHON CALLER (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXSeptember 10, 2015
A very supportive team of individuals who are always willing to help. Best part of the job is being able to connect with alumni and help to raise money for the school. Though one is not able to earn as many hours as other on-campus jobs; the longer you work there, the more you can earn.
Friendly people
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXAugust 15, 2015
Great place to be a TA! I taught A and P 1 and 2 as well as Microbiology. It was a great time and I loved it! Great culture and southern charm
Pros
great folks
Cons
none that I can think of
Music is my passion!
Professor of Music (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXJune 14, 2015
Each day "at work" is always different....from teaching to being a cheerleader/taskmaster to helping someone find the harp of their dreams!

What a joy it is to see someone who has never played an instrument to get up in front of the public and share their skills with others!

I strive to make every experience in music a very positive one!

Want to know more about Midwestern State University?

Ask a question
It is a productive and awesome work place
Lab assistant (Former Employee) –  On Campus part-time jobJune 6, 2015
I enjoy every moment working there. Small School with nice, welcoming and polite folks. Working at Midwestern state university open me to the world because I get to meet people from different background and culture. Midwestern is pretty diverse, so it provide me with the opportunity to meet new people. I also developed and improve my skills at work. I learn how to handle pressure, and handle different duties effectively.
Fine
Entertainment Editor (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXMay 28, 2015
Good smaller university

Good management team, but that can vary from one generation to the next.

Great training

Good spot.
Customer Service
Registrar Assistant I (Current Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXMay 20, 2015
Student's dedicating their time to studies and personal growth is a Blessing. Watching students come and go can be emotional, but very rewarding.
i am a lab assistant
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXMarch 17, 2015
I help the students in their programming (C++) and try to handle and fix the errors. I also help the students when they find any kind of difficultly if they find in the labs.
Pros
i learn new things by helping them.
Outgoing person
lab tutor (Former Employee) –  wichita falls txJanuary 30, 2015
I like to stay active and learn new things. I am a outgoing person and willing to learn really fast. I was in charge of making sure freshman were able to complete simple duties as a beginning chemist
A Easy and Fun Working Environment
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXJanuary 26, 2015
A typical day at work is to monitor the cameras in the office and attend to residents needs.Either having to deal with residents being locked out or residents sick, the student assistant is there to be at any assistance possible. Also to make sure that no guest try to sneak into room at after hours.
Inspiring, highly motivated people with an emphasis on life-long learning.
Student (Former Employee) –  Wichita falls, TexasJanuary 16, 2015
Midwestern State University, my Alma Mater, provided both a teaching and a learning experience to me. Opportunities to put my classroom knowledge into practice were afforded plenty to say the least. One of such was the Young engineers summer camp (Yes-camp). Here i met young prospective students who needed a real life feel and perspective on choosing an engineering/science and maths related fields. Here i came across people with same/similar fears about the engineering discipline and that illustrated to me how far i had come. With the mindset impacted to me at Midwestern, I'm more and more certain of having made the right choice in regards to my chosen career field.
Exciting environment but not enough pay
Graduate Assistant Coach (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXJanuary 4, 2015
I started working for MSU as a student assistant coach and video coordinator before being promoted to a graduate assistant coach. The best part about the job was the games and getting to travel and see new places. I enjoyed winning and getting to meet new people and new players every year. Seeing the players grow as athletes and as people was something that I will always remember about the job because it was such a unique experience. The worst part about the job was the pay. I was forced to decide between continuing to do something that I loved but not being able to pay all my bills without taking out additional loans or moving on to something with more stability. Another thing that I enjoyed about this job was the additional responsibilities that were given to me each year because it showed their trust in me to complete any task assigned to me. At the end of this job, I was responsible for on and off the court tasks including time management, planning and participating in practices, ordering and issuing of all gear, planning and scheduling of all travel responsibilities (busses, hotels, meals, travel itineraries, etc.).
Pros
environement, knowledge gained
Cons
pay
Basic Experience
Bilingual Teacher for English/Spanish (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 22, 2014
I began working as a tutor/teacher for Midwestern when I first started the Spanish program. I taught English as a second language and loved how communication can bring us together. I then began teaching classes and advanced to teaching Spanish as a second language. I absolutely loved the students whom I taught because they were dedicated and hard working.
lots of paid holidays
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TexasSeptember 25, 2014
Not a bad job all in all, however there are no individual raises and if you start out at the bottom of the ladder that is where you stay unless you have a masters degree. Lots of politics.
Pros
paid time off
Cons
lots of politics

4.3