Midwestern State University

Midwestern State University Employee Reviews

i am a lab assistant
Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Wichita Falls, TXMarch 17, 2015
Pros: i learn new things by helping them.
I help the students in their programming (C++) and try to handle and fix the errors. I also help the students when they find any kind of difficultly if they find in the labs.
Outgoing person
lab tutor (Former Employee), wichita falls txJanuary 30, 2015
I like to stay active and learn new things. I am a outgoing person and willing to learn really fast. I was in charge of making sure freshman were able to complete simple duties as a beginning chemist
A Easy and Fun Working Environment
Student Assistant (Current Employee), Wichita Falls, TXJanuary 26, 2015
A typical day at work is to monitor the cameras in the office and attend to residents needs.Either having to deal with residents being locked out or residents sick, the student assistant is there to be at any assistance possible. Also to make sure that no guest try to sneak into room at after hours.
Inspiring, highly motivated people with an emphasis on life-long learning.
Student (Former Employee), Wichita falls, TexasJanuary 16, 2015
Midwestern State University, my Alma Mater, provided both a teaching and a learning experience to me. Opportunities to put my classroom knowledge into practice were afforded plenty to say the least. One of such was the Young engineers summer camp (Yes-camp). Here i met young prospective students who needed a real life feel and perspective on choosing an engineering/science and maths related fields. Here i came across people with same/similar fears about the engineering discipline and that illustrated to me how far i had come. With the mindset impacted to me at Midwestern, I'm more and more certain of having made the right choice in regards to my chosen career field.
Exciting environment but not enough pay
Graduate Assistant Coach (Former Employee), Wichita Falls, TXJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: environement, knowledge gained
Cons: pay
I started working for MSU as a student assistant coach and video coordinator before being promoted to a graduate assistant coach. The best part about the job was the games and getting to travel and see new places. I enjoyed winning and getting to meet new people and new players every year. Seeing the players grow as athletes and as people was something that I will always remember about the job because it was such a unique experience. The worst part about the job was the pay. I was forced to decide between continuing to do something that I loved but not being able to pay all my bills without taking out additional loans or moving on to something with more stability. Another thing that I enjoyed about this job was the additional responsibilities that were given to me each year because it showed their trust in me to complete any task assigned to me. At the end of this job, I was responsible for on and off the court tasks including time management, planning and participating in practices, ordering and issuing of all gear, planning and scheduling of all travel responsibilities (busses, hotels, meals, travel itineraries, etc.).
Basic Experience
Bilingual Teacher for English/Spanish (Former Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 22, 2014
I began working as a tutor/teacher for Midwestern when I first started the Spanish program. I taught English as a second language and loved how communication can bring us together. I then began teaching classes and advanced to teaching Spanish as a second language. I absolutely loved the students whom I taught because they were dedicated and hard working.
lots of paid holidays
Custodian (Former Employee), Wichita Falls, TexasSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: paid time off
Cons: lots of politics
Not a bad job all in all, however there are no individual raises and if you start out at the bottom of the ladder that is where you stay unless you have a masters degree. Lots of politics.
teaching is very rewarding
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Wichita Falls, TXAugust 20, 2014
Pros: environment
Cons: pay
Graduate Assistants tend to receive paltry wages and my job was no exception, but the History department at MSU was a fantastic place to work and I made some life-long friends there.
EASY MONEY
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Masters ProgramAugust 19, 2014
Pros: easy money
Cons: boreing, isolated
The graduate assistant position I had was the easiest job anyone could ever ask for. 4 to 5 hours of youtube/other internet surfing. However, not all departments are like that. I actually wanted to be given things to do because of the level of isolation and boredom.
It was a very productive time
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Wichita Falls, TXAugust 4, 2014
A typical day at work was busy and productive. I learnt a great deal about physical therapy and treatments for various injuries. I was a new experience to operate some machinery used for treatment of the patients and to learn exercise techniques to help rehabilitation.
Great University
Study Student (Former Employee), Wichita Falls, TXMay 5, 2014
MSU is a great university for any student who is willing to achieve. They put their students first and the on campus living experience is one of the best in Texas.
It is a part time on campus job
Computer Lab Assistant (Current Employee), Wichita Falls, TXApril 26, 2014
My experience was good with Midwestern State University information system.
Enjoying helping students understand accounting
Accounting Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee), Wichita Falls, TXApril 21, 2014
Instruct financial and managerial accounting classes. Create syllabus
asds
Strength and Conditioning Intern (Former Employee), Wichita Falls, TXFebruary 26, 2014
Was a great company to work for. Learned a great deal from my mentors there.
very flexible
Student Assistant at the Student Center (Former Employee), Wichita Falls, TXFebruary 6, 2014
I worked as student assistant which was very fun and free willed experience for me. I interacted with students on a daily basis and assisted them in whatever they needed.
Excellent Employer
Academic Counselor for Student Athletes (Former Employee), Wichita Falls, TXJanuary 15, 2014
I worked with student-athletes in all phases of advising, registration and eligibility compliance with the NCAA. I will be moving to the Greenville area in March 2014.
Fun, relaxed workplace geared towards students
Writing Center Tutor (Former Employee), Wichita Falls, TXJanuary 6, 2014
A typical day at work for MSU is filled with plenty of laughs, creating a relaxed environment focused on providing students with the highest quality services. As a tutor, the student and their project are of the utmost importance. All techniques and services are tailored as much as possible to each student to provide personal service and education. A dynamic, cohesive team of tutors effectively handle all situations that may come, helping to take the stress and pressure off of the student as much as possible. The hardest part of the job was having to quit when the time was up for a session. Overall, seeing a student's efforts pay off was the most rewarding experience.
Worked in Lab and helped students in working on their projects.
Lab Tutor (Former Employee), Wichita Falls, TXDecember 1, 2013
Learned many things during work. Improved my technical skills.
Awesome University
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Wichita Falls, TXOctober 15, 2013
Pros: room and board and own room
I worked as a Resident Assistant, good way to get free room and board.
Productive and fun workplace
Graduate Research Assistant, History Department (Former Employee), Wichita Falls, TXOctober 14, 2013
Working for the Moffett Library at Midwestern State University afforded me the opportunity to hone my research and writing skills.