Midwestern State University Employee Reviews

good team work skills
Customer Care (Current Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXMay 17, 2017
good atmosphere for work, positive energy at work place and most importantly having a supportive supportive who makes everything fast and easy to learn
adjunct professor
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXMay 12, 2017
great school. great campus. great learning environment. technology is updated and easy to use to facilitate lectures. great office support from staff members
Pros
pay
benefits
Student Assisstant
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXMay 8, 2017
While working for MSU, I came to realize that diversity is an issue and the wellness center management was non-existent. There was no opportunity to advance unless you were a favorite and the staff was not very friendly to our patrons.
Pros
Easy with your school schedule
Cons
No leadership or management
Post office work
Post Office Worker (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXMay 3, 2017
It was a fast paced environment, where you had to know what to do before you were told to. Knowing what o do with customers who have problems that are all different you have o think fast a lot of the time to keep them happy.
Nice Student Job
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXMay 1, 2017
They work well around student schedules and always put studies before anything else. The pay is decent and there is room for raises depending on performance.
Reasonable
Phonathon Caller (Current Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXApril 25, 2017
The work is simple and the co-workers are fun. It is a good environment for a student whose main aim is to make a little money. The hours are limited, however, but it is the school's policy.
Admission
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXFebruary 9, 2017
Pay is below minimum wage and expect you to complete work assignments that are time consuming with little time-span. Work study students get paid very low and needs to be raised regardless if they are students or not.
Graduate teaching assistant was a fun experience
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXFebruary 6, 2017
A typical day consisted of preparing for lab, which included things like preparing solutions, making a quiz, finishing grading, meeting students for tutoring hours, and ordering supplies. This position really solidified knowledge because you go from learning ideas to teaching ideas, some of which are complex at the college level. Workplace culture was fun because we were all poor graduate students that liked to learn, so we would spend our free time together. Management was helpful when it came to ordering supplies or with questions on teaching or making quizzes or tests. The hardest part of the job was all the grading, especially if the lab you're teaching requires lab reports; they stack up quickly. The most enjoyable part of the job was teaching students.
Pros
Learn new things everyday
Cons
Works a lot more than get paid for
Most enjoyable part of the job
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXFebruary 3, 2017
Waking up to a job I love everyday is very rewarding! It warms my heart to know that I helped someone to the best of my ability. Also I feel satisfied to know that I made someone's day.
Pros
breaks and free lunches
Good Enviornment
Career Consultant (Current Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXJanuary 19, 2017
I love to work for MSU; plenty of opportunities and great people! I have had several positions here and have loved them all.
nice place to work while in school
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXDecember 14, 2016
Overall its nice place to work while attending the university. Its a rather easy going job since you can do your home work and assignment while at work
Pros
easy going job with really nice people
Cons
minimum wage
Great place to work.
Graduate Assistant - Defensive Line (Current Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXNovember 30, 2016
Midwestern State is a great place to work. I love the two years I worked there. All the co-workers are friendly and they all would like to help each day. The hardest part of my job was leaving it.
on campus job
Wellness Center Assistant/ Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXOctober 13, 2016
not bad for my first on campus job, really loved the experience i gained jumping into the workforce of the world. really prepared me for life
Productive workplace
DEPARTMENT HEAD/COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXJune 30, 2016
Midwestern State University is a small 6,500 student body campus located in Wichita Falls, TX. My manager is very good. Continuing Education is a one person department.
Pros
Sports
Cons
Pay could be a lot better
It was decent
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXApril 1, 2016
Learned a lot about myself. I learned the value of hard work and dedication.. Employers were demanding but fair at the same time.
Fun and comfortable environment to work.
Phone Operator/Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXFebruary 9, 2016
Working at Midwestern State University has been rewarding. This environment was very welcoming and focused at the same time. Management works with you regarding your schedule and is always willing to help. There was nothing hard about my job, but the most enjoyable part was the ability to be able to express myself.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Limited hours
Great atmosphere to work with friendly co-workers and employers.
Math Help Lab Student Instructor (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXJanuary 7, 2016
The time I spent in employment at Midwestern State University was enjoyable. My time working in the Department of Mathematics as a grader and student instructor in the Math Help Lab allowed me to use my mathematical education to help students taking math courses. Working with other mathematics majors and professors allowed me to further develop my understanding of mathematics and perfect the way I answer mathematical questions. Though it was frustrating when I wasn't able to provide an answer to a student with a question, it was a great pleasure to help students understand the solution to their problems .
Fun and exciting place to explore
Graduate Research Assistant, History Department (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXDecember 7, 2015
I worked as a Graduate Research Assistant for the History department at Midwestern State University. My position had me working at Moffett Library. While I was there, I was able to access and work with the Nolan Moore III History of Print collection, which has pieces dating back to 2400 BC. The collection has rare, first edition prints, and manuscripts from medieval times. The library also has its own special collections, which has an extensive collection on Texas history, as well as local Wichita Falls history. It also has numerous books that were donated from area collectors, many of them first edition or out of print books.
Pros
Plenty of material to explore
jobs
Veteran's Education Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXNovember 15, 2015
treated like family, nice people, nice benefits, hard work get you far.
co workers were nice, management very workable, one of the negatives could be a clique type work place at times.
Fun workplace
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXNovember 1, 2015
I had a great time working there. I enjoyed the people I worked with. The pay was very low (minimum wage). I worked as a Student Assistant

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Midwestern State University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3