Miele Employee Reviews

Very Hostile Environment, avoid this employer
Call Center Agent - Inbound Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJApril 25, 2016
Mob Mentality, Workplace bullying, Unethical treatment of core human values~ Serious Diversity Issues
Training consists of evaluation without any product education provided by the employer, everything is done via their workstations the supervision and training staff is a job seekers worst nightmare
Poor communication from management to worker
Outdated software systems
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Culture, Very Narcissistic and the poorest trainer I've come across in my 20+ year in the field
Productive i
Installer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 18, 2016
Great opportunities great advancement literally an incredible company to work for!! I have no complaints, Miele came thru on their promises
Benefits
Easy job with Dramatic coworkers and Terrible management
Temporary Assignment (Former Employee) –  Keasbey, NJDecember 2, 2016
The job was easy enough, picking, packing, bringing pallets to the correct truck, wrapping pallets so they would not fall.
Honestly, I loved the job itself. However, the people there were nothing but trouble.
Half of the workers in the repair shop and the mechanic department came in high, drunk or coked up. Two of my supervisors were constantly harassing specific people, eventually including myself. People were hiding back orders and dropping them to be packed and shipped last minute. One manager was constantly screaming on the phone at her ex husband.
I don't understand what people integrate personal with business but it was a terrible environment and as much as I loved working there, the people made it intolerable.
Pros
4 breaks per 8 hour shift, a free hour of pay (sent home at 6, told not to clock out, boss clocked us out at 7)
Cons
Drama, drama, dramaaaaaaa
Great Company, Great Environment, Great People
Product Compliance Associate (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJJune 27, 2016
Working on old/new products.
Always something going on.
Have potential for growth within the company if the time and effort is put in.
Down fall is the compensation is not the past. (Have to give something up for a good work environment)
Pros
Cons
compensation is on the lower side (Company wide)
Unprofessional work environment
Other (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLMay 6, 2016
I would really not recommend working here as you will be not tolerated if you asked too many question or just have the wrong background. The manager representing a high end german product line is very unprofessional towards colleagues as well as customers. Customers will ask very detailed information you will not be provided with.
The company is German yet the contract is far from it and is an as is contract and if you are really dependent on the Health insurance and money don't rely on it as they might letting you go as is with no warning or prior dialog.
Pros
Good product line
Cons
unprofessional and ignorant coworkers and management
Family company with high standards
MERCHANDISING PROJECT ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Paris,August 17, 2015
Strong corporative culture
respected in the market
Family company
Germain headquarter has the most power
A big company
a lot of benefits
Pros
Employees benefits
Cons
management
A great place to work
Senior Lead Installer/Technician (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 30, 2016
They pride themselves at being the best in the high end industry while meeting the needs of their clients. I've learned that Miele has a high reputation to hold and I enjoy learning about the different types of appliances while walking in the high expectations and standards that Miele hold for their employees.
Pros
Excellent customer satisfaction
Cons
I don't have any cons
Being able to build a territory of quality Dealers.
Senior Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  States of Michigan, Ohio, Indiana and KentuckyAugust 24, 2015
I enjoyed opening up Dealers. Building a excellent relationship with the management and staff. Training the staff, performing demos for staff and consumers, doing Trade Shows in conjunction with Dealer, taking care of all Dealers requests and problems and doing in home training for consumers.
Pros
I was able to do for the Dealer what needed to be done without management OK.
Cons
New manager who thought he was the best when he wasn't
Discard employees roboticly
Associate (Former Employee) –  HeadquartersJanuary 27, 2015
Miele USA

Non caring pretense about people/employee's..

Human Resources non existent.

Reluctant advancement, not career orientated.

CEO poster boy not involved in employee opinions or needs.

Management lacking experience.
Pros
Quality products, Employee benefit package
Cons
Ethics Loyalty
management including co-workers melded seamlessly
Architecture & Design Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJFebruary 11, 2015
Well planned upbeat atmosphere, tasks were presented with a positive approach from management.

Blending seamlessly within a multicultural company, including the ability to adapt with high end clients, making everyone feel comfortable.
Management, professional with a smile and opened door policy.

co-workers always eager to help,

The hardest part of the job, honestly not always being able to meet deadlines.
The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that you were respected no matter what ones title was. The company truly cares for its employees.
Pros
Knowing Miele truly cares for their employees.
Cons
Not enough hours in the day complete tasks
Miele is a Good Company to work for. They are Fair( just no room to grow)
Sales Consultant/ Product Demonstrator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 20, 2015
Miele is a vendor in Bed Bath and Beyond. ( I work at the one on 60th street and 1st ave in NYC)

I've been there 8.5 years. The Management, appreciates me and I appreciate them.
Because I've been there a while, I know where " things" are, that definitely,helps the store, and people I have sold, recommend me to their friends. ( That helps me!)

For me ( in all of my jobs ) I genuinely, like people and helping them.
And I'm a " Team " player wherever I go.
Great place to work. Managers very supportive when you asked for extra training.
Customer Contact Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  United KingdonFebruary 7, 2015
Contact Center took approximately 800-1000 call a day. Along over 300 e-mails and between 10-30 letters coming in each day.

I was taught how to determine what a fault was with a customers appliance and how to help the my customer how to rectify this and if I was unable to do so, I was able to send a technician out to repair the appliance. I was also given the opportunity to get an NVQ Level 2 in Customer Services paid through my employer

Management were always supportive and encourage advisers to own their customers querie. Those advisers who exhibited certain qualities would be encouraged and trained on how to customer escalations and Management director complaints.

My co-workers were great. Each team I worked with were always supporting each other.

The most enjoyable part of my job was when I was able to help my customers over the phone with any issues they had with their appliances. It made their day less stressful and meant they did not have to wait to have a technician out.
Pros
Great support and opportunities to learn and grow in the company
Buyer Beware at Scottsdale Gallery
Territory manager (Former Employee) –  So CalJanuary 31, 2013
I worked for Miele for several years and enjoyed my job but every time we had training it was at the Scottsdale Gallery which meant I had to endure the wrath of the Gallery Manager. I have never been more offended by anyone both personally and professionally. The gallery manager would speak to customers, coworkers and dealer employee's as if we had no clue about anything. I loathed every time my name was drawn to accompany my dealers to training. I always had to field complaints from my dealers about the Gallery Managers attitude and condescending remarks. I spoke to my manager as well as the gallery managers boss about my concerns but nothing ever seem to change. The company overall makes high quality product that has no competition. My job was basically putting out fires in relation to sales, service and inventory for my base of dealers. I liked my job but I couldnt imagine working at this Gallery on a daily basis.
Pros
high quality product and top notch training program
Cons
one bad apple in the bunch
Really great place to work and grow!
Sales & Marketing (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CASeptember 1, 2015
Such a wonderful place to work. The people and the atmosphere is inspiring. The company is a great place to grow in. I loved my co workers and the line of products.
Stable work environment
Parts Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Francisco CADecember 6, 2013
Good place to work. Always something to keep me busy. Always learning. No possible advancement in the San Francisco office.
Very easy for me
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pearl River, NYNovember 7, 2013
Day started at 8am. Went directly to the phone room to receive calls from wholesale and retail customers. I then processed the orders.
This is my field of work for over 37 years. The only thing I could learn
was the new car models. The hardest part of the job would have to be the retail end. Most customers did not know about cars and getting to their problem. This was also the most enjoyable part.
Pros
Cons
Heathcare was to expensive
fun place to work
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJNovember 14, 2013
great company. family owned. Great products with features.
Pros
great product
Cons
family life balance
very good place to work
Desktop Support Consultant (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJOctober 22, 2014
people very good to work with. very good working environment
good job
Field Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJApril 7, 2012
fun environment with relaxed atmosphere where workers are friednly and helpful
Pros
free laundry