Miele Employee Reviews

not too overwhelming
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 15, 2017
pretty relaxed, but much work to do even when you get home. Management is pretty good. rules always changing though recently started cracking don a lot. everybody has eachothers back though
Horrible Place to Work
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJOctober 12, 2017
Horrible place to work, constant back stabbing. Management team is incompetent and only concerned with covering their backs. Their only concern is telling the Germans at HQ spun stories to save their behinds. Good old boy network alive and well.
Pros
Cons
poor management, back stabbing environment that is encouraged, non existent HR, nepatism everywhere
Not good in scheduling jobs, to much stress for little pay.
Appliance Installer (Current Employee) –  San Leandro, CASeptember 22, 2017
Its a good company but alot needs to be done they make to much money to pay the workers to low since the installer is the back bone of the company. Alot of heavy lifting involved.
Pros
Paid vacation, benefits, discounts.
Cons
Compesation, driving, scheduling. Heavy lifting.
Company takes great care of their employees
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTJuly 21, 2017
Friendly co-workers and supportive, flexible management. You sit at a station all day taking inbound calls, troubleshooting high end appliances and assisting customers with basic operation directions.
You will learn a lot about the ins and outs of household appliances and accessories. The environment is fast paced and sometimes stressful.
Pros
Competitive pay and bonus incentives
Cons
Inadequate training and service preparation
No comment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJApril 16, 2017
The product is of high quality. The management of the departments are the companies biggest downfall. The reason staff turn over is so high relates to: unrealistic employee expectations, no respect for work/life balance and below average salaries.
Alright could be better
FSR (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJApril 6, 2017
Miele is a nice company. no room for advancement and salary could be a little better. great benefits and nice bonus. overall, I believe they really care for the employees.
Easy job with Dramatic coworkers and Terrible management
Temporary Assignment (Former Employee) –  Keasbey, NJDecember 2, 2016
The job was easy enough, picking, packing, bringing pallets to the correct truck, wrapping pallets so they would not fall.
Honestly, I loved the job itself. However, the people there were nothing but trouble.
Half of the workers in the repair shop and the mechanic department came in high, drunk or coked up. Two of my supervisors were constantly harassing specific people, eventually including myself. People were hiding back orders and dropping them to be packed and shipped last minute. One manager was constantly screaming on the phone at her ex husband.
I don't understand what people integrate personal with business but it was a terrible environment and as much as I loved working there, the people made it intolerable.
Pros
4 breaks per 8 hour shift, a free hour of pay (sent home at 6, told not to clock out, boss clocked us out at 7)
Cons
Drama, drama, dramaaaaaaa
productive, easy going place
Shop Technician (Current Employee) –  Keasbey, NJJuly 21, 2016
the most enjoyable part about this job that there is always growth in the company , management try's to help you grow and learn new stuff if you is willing to grow this is the right company to go to
Pros
growth
Cons
pay rate is a lil low
Productive i
Installer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 18, 2016
Great opportunities great advancement literally an incredible company to work for!! I have no complaints, Miele came thru on their promises
Benefits
Great Company, Great Environment, Great People
Product Compliance Associate (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJJune 27, 2016
Working on old/new products.
Always something going on.
Have potential for growth within the company if the time and effort is put in.
Down fall is the compensation is not the past. (Have to give something up for a good work environment)
Pros
Cons
compensation is on the lower side (Company wide)
Unprofessional work environment
Other (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLMay 6, 2016
I would really not recommend working here as you will be not tolerated if you asked too many question or just have the wrong background. The manager representing a high end german product line is very unprofessional towards colleagues as well as customers. Customers will ask very detailed information you will not be provided with.
The company is German yet the contract is far from it and is an as is contract and if you are really dependent on the Health insurance and money don't rely on it as they might letting you go as is with no warning or prior dialog.
Pros
Good product line
Cons
unprofessional and ignorant coworkers and management
Very Hostile Environment, avoid this employer
Call Center Agent - Inbound Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJApril 25, 2016
Mob Mentality, Workplace bullying, Unethical treatment of core human values~ Serious Diversity Issues
Training consists of evaluation without any product education provided by the employer, everything is done via their workstations the supervision and training staff is a job seekers worst nightmare
Poor communication from management to worker
Outdated software systems
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Culture, Very Narcissistic and the poorest trainer I've come across in my 20+ year in the field
A great place to work
Senior Lead Installer/Technician (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 30, 2016
They pride themselves at being the best in the high end industry while meeting the needs of their clients. I've learned that Miele has a high reputation to hold and I enjoy learning about the different types of appliances while walking in the high expectations and standards that Miele hold for their employees.
Pros
Excellent customer satisfaction
Cons
I don't have any cons
Really great place to work and grow!
Sales & Marketing (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CASeptember 1, 2015
Such a wonderful place to work. The people and the atmosphere is inspiring. The company is a great place to grow in. I loved my co workers and the line of products.
Being able to build a territory of quality Dealers.
Senior Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  States of Michigan, Ohio, Indiana and KentuckyAugust 24, 2015
I enjoyed opening up Dealers. Building a excellent relationship with the management and staff. Training the staff, performing demos for staff and consumers, doing Trade Shows in conjunction with Dealer, taking care of all Dealers requests and problems and doing in home training for consumers.
Pros
I was able to do for the Dealer what needed to be done without management OK.
Cons
New manager who thought he was the best when he wasn't
Family company with high standards
MERCHANDISING PROJECT ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Paris,August 17, 2015
Strong corporative culture
respected in the market
Family company
Germain headquarter has the most power
A big company
a lot of benefits
Pros
Employees benefits
Cons
management
management including co-workers melded seamlessly
Architecture & Design Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJFebruary 11, 2015
Well planned upbeat atmosphere, tasks were presented with a positive approach from management.

Blending seamlessly within a multicultural company, including the ability to adapt with high end clients, making everyone feel comfortable.
Management, professional with a smile and opened door policy.

co-workers always eager to help,

The hardest part of the job, honestly not always being able to meet deadlines.
The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that you were respected no matter what ones title was. The company truly cares for its employees.
Pros
Knowing Miele truly cares for their employees.
Cons
Not enough hours in the day complete tasks
Great place to work. Managers very supportive when you asked for extra training.
Customer Contact Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  United KingdonFebruary 7, 2015
Contact Center took approximately 800-1000 call a day. Along over 300 e-mails and between 10-30 letters coming in each day.

I was taught how to determine what a fault was with a customers appliance and how to help the my customer how to rectify this and if I was unable to do so, I was able to send a technician out to repair the appliance. I was also given the opportunity to get an NVQ Level 2 in Customer Services paid through my employer

Management were always supportive and encourage advisers to own their customers querie. Those advisers who exhibited certain qualities would be encouraged and trained on how to customer escalations and Management director complaints.

My co-workers were great. Each team I worked with were always supporting each other.

The most enjoyable part of my job was when I was able to help my customers over the phone with any issues they had with their appliances. It made their day less stressful and meant they did not have to wait to have a technician out.
Pros
Great support and opportunities to learn and grow in the company
Discard employees roboticly
Associate (Former Employee) –  HeadquartersJanuary 27, 2015
Miele USA

Non caring pretense about people/employee's..

Human Resources non existent.

Reluctant advancement, not career orientated.

CEO poster boy not involved in employee opinions or needs.

Management lacking experience.
Pros
Quality products, Employee benefit package
Cons
Ethics Loyalty
Miele is a Good Company to work for. They are Fair( just no room to grow)
Sales Consultant/ Product Demonstrator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 20, 2015
Miele is a vendor in Bed Bath and Beyond. ( I work at the one on 60th street and 1st ave in NYC)

I've been there 8.5 years. The Management, appreciates me and I appreciate them.
Because I've been there a while, I know where " things" are, that definitely,helps the store, and people I have sold, recommend me to their friends. ( That helps me!)

For me ( in all of my jobs ) I genuinely, like people and helping them.
And I'm a " Team " player wherever I go.