Mighty Taco Employee Reviews in United States

The job is relatively safe and we serve all kinds of people.
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NYMarch 21, 2016
I have gotten free food every shift I worked here, employees are evaluated every 6 months and depending on how we are evaluated we get a raise of 10 cents, 15 cents or 25 cents. We use chemicals for cleaning and we are sure to keep them separated based on their uses. These chemicals are sanitizer, windex, disinfectant and degreaser. We try to keep the store clean but sometimes it can take a few hours to take care of certain things like garbage because our first priority is serving customers and we're very serious about that.
Pros
Free food before or after work, guaranteed raises, friendly people.
Cons
part time only, gets so busy that much of the cleaning has to wait.
ok place to work
Crew (Former Employee) –  Depew, NYFebruary 29, 2016
if you like doing the same thing every day, being passed over for advancement oppetunities by less qualified people, and only want to make roughly 175 a week, than mighty is for you.
ok
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYDecember 10, 2015
It was ok as it lasted to provide my family with putting food on the table, but they were not always nice to work for due to issues with some managers being not polite.
Pros
good crew members
Cons
staff
very hands on
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYNovember 20, 2015
A typical day at work was usually on the go constantly serving customers. I was able to learn how to multitask a little better. Management promoted from within which that is always a plus. My co-workers were very friendly worked well with each other. The most enjoyable part of the job for me is that I was always busy.
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 2, 2015
professional and fun workplace. Environment teaches you great people skills and how to work in a fast pace and maintain a high level of accuracy while working.
productive and repetitive
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Lockport, NYOctober 15, 2015
same thing day in and day out, however the co-workers make the place fun and it helps pass the time great food and a free meal every time you work
Effiecent, steady work place.
Cashier, Cook, Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Depew, NYOctober 13, 2015
The working environment here was a constant on your toes. The motto that was held here was "if you have time to lean you have time to clean". Not that it was a bad thing because it taught you how to be very productive and being able to manage your time.
basic food service workplace
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYOctober 4, 2015
I come in at 9am and prep and stock the store for the day. I am responsible for stocking and prepping all the food and supplies needed for the day. as soon as we are open, I am responsible for taking orders/cooking food/ making orders for the customers in a timely fashion.
Pros
free lunch, flexible hours
Cons
misguided management, crew members have no say in daily operations
Good Place to work
Crew trainer (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYJuly 7, 2015
fun place with good people with high standards for there employees to meet. Very flexible if needed with there employees.
Productive and fun place to work.
crew member (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 23, 2015
A typicl day at work for me consist of greeting customers, getting food out on time, making orders, and taking orders. management wasn't that great. The gave low hours to hard workers. I was there for 3 years. The co-workers varied. There was no hard parts of the job. I enjoyed making tacos and interacting with the people.

Want to know more about Mighty Taco?

Ask a question
A good experience to start one's career
Crew member/Manager (Current Employee) –  East Amherst, NYApril 20, 2015
I enjoyed working at Mighty Taco because it allowed me to improve my strengths and work on my weaknesses. As a manager I gained much experience with managing employee, creating a good report with the customers and an overall understanding of how a business is run. The corporate management they display allowed me to gain an understanding on how I was expected to perform.
Pros
A flexible schedule
Cons
Healthcare
Always busy
Line Cook/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYJanuary 31, 2015
I worked with individuals each shift making tacos which were very simple to learn to prep. I learned how to fold a tao which I never knew how to do. My co-workers were very talkative and helpful to me when needed. The hardest part of the job was to actually learn what each individual taco included. My most enjoyable part of the job was taking care of customers at the drive thru window. I was able to interact with other people.
Pros
got a discount off your food when worked that day
Cons
healthcare
up and down workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Depew, NYDecember 17, 2014
Sometimes days went by easily no problems but things could turn absolutely terrible in a split second
Pros
discounted food
Cons
rude customers
Great for students, Dangerous for intelligent individuals
Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Lockport, NYSeptember 15, 2014
-A typical workday was busy; openers would come in from 8:30-9:00, prepare or cook the food, serve throughout lunch, and during the slow time (1:30-4:00), would generally clean or catch up on dishes.

-Being there for almost three years, I learned alot of great customer service skills and interpersonal skills.

-For the majority, my co-workers were great. It was usually a light atmosphere. Beware however, there are crew workers within the company who are complacent and believe that they do not need to work yet demand every privilege. Most of the managers coddle this behavior as well, yet don't respect the young and more intelligent workers.

-The hardest part of the job is dealing with irate or ignorant customers who have no character tact or appreciation for your intelligence.

-The most enjoyable part of the job was the flexibility with school and great co-workers.
Pros
flexible schedule, great co-workers, predictable day
Cons
management is generally filled with non-educated and malleable figureheads, corporate will not listen to workplace complaints
terrible.
everything (Former Employee) –  Town of NiagaraFebruary 18, 2014
It's like a bootcamp. You get written up for doing your work! Management is horrible and they treat employees like garbage. The food is terrible and they don't use gloves while making the empanadas and working drive-thru. You don't want to work here.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYJanuary 30, 2014
Mighty Taco is a great place to work. The Management was very supportive.
What you would expect in a fast food rest.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Tonawanda, NYJanuary 5, 2014
I can only say that it was what I expected. Young people older managers some enjoy themselves, others aren't so pleased with their life choices. I enjoyed my time here but was glad to move on as well.
Pros
friendly associates for the most part and good environment good people.
Cons
management can be a bit overbearing sometimes but that's to be expected.
life at Mighty
Taco Engineer/Drive Thru Cash (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NYNovember 19, 2013
This job is a fast pace environment. It can be fun but it can not fun. I've learned that if you do your job well, your experience in the job will be good. Management is nice. Just listen to what they say and you will be fine. Co-workers, it depends some do the job well, others don't. You get that anywhere you work at. Hardest part of the job is staying focus on slow days.
Mighty Taco
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYOctober 11, 2013
Mighty Taco is a good place to work if you like fast paced work environments with a lot of duties including,
Taking orders and passing them along to the kitchen
Keeping a neat and clean work area
Taking out garbage, mopping and sweeping, washing windows and cleaning bathrooms.
Also, everyone that works at Mighty Taco is required to take a test on the food after one week, you are expected to remember everything that goes on each food item and answer questions about each item on the test.
It isn't the worst place to work but unless you like to work with fast food this job is not the place for you.
Pros
pay starts at $8.00 p/h instead of the usual $7.25
Cons
they don't give proper training before they make you do all the duties.
Nice place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 21, 2013
Ok place to work great for someone going to school very flexiable
Pros
it helps with being a people person
Cons
very busy place to work

2.8