Mid-Level Software Engineer - Java/Ruby
(Job ID# 2014-115)
DC/VA Metro Area
Take your career to the next level and join our team of employee-owners!
Lots of opportunities abound on a large contract that provides mission-critical services to our customer in the Federal Government.
Our company, Miklos Systems, Inc. (MSI), is a small employee-owned software development and systems engineering company located in Fairfax, VA. We have worked in this customer's environment for over twenty years and are looking to increase our presence with new employee-owners.
If you are a cleared Java or Ruby Developer please consider MSI for your next career move. We are seeking candidates for current and future opportunities. Most positions will be located in Northern Virginia.
As a software engineer, you will be responsible for creating dynamic web-based applications using Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Java EE and open source technologies in a customer environment. We are looking to staff a contract with multiple positions requiring varying skills and levels of expertise (TS/SCI w/Poly).
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or another related discipline. Additional relevant experience may be considered in lieu of degree;
- 5 to 8 years of software development experience specifically with Java and/or Ruby on Rails;
- Solid understanding of n-tiered application architecture;
- Experience working offsite in a customer environment;
- An active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph.
Experience with any of the following skills is desirable:
- Experience with Agile programming concepts;
- Experience with large enterprise systems;
- Experience with any of the following technologies: Amazon Web Services, Hadoop, Cloudera, SQL, or Lucene/Solr.
MSI has a comprehensive benefits plan that includes the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) and 401K, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, Flexible Spending Account, a professional development budget, generous vacation, sick and holiday leave, and other optional insurances including coverage through AFLAC.
Miklos Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities and will not discriminate, or tolerate discrimination, against any employee or applicant in any manner prohibited by law. EOE M/W/Veterans/Disabled
VEVRAA Federal Contractor