Milan Institute of Cosmetology

Milan Institute of Cosmetology Employer Reviews

stressful, political and awful
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Clovis, CAFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: break time
Cons: everything else
I was basically an underpaid babysitter. very over worked and under appreciated.
Instructor made learning fun an interesting
Student Esthetician (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 4, 2013
Pros: free microdermabrasions, facials, waxing
Cons: uniforms uncomfortable, machines outdated
A typical day at school was theory the first couple hours then hands on, working on clients
Great Experience
Texas Regional Operations Director (Current Employee), Amarillo, El Paso, San AntonioApril 26, 2013
Began with Milan in FA and moved up the ladder. Have directed single and multiple campuses.
a very fun place to work
Maintenance and Dispense Specialist (Current Employee), reno nvMarch 22, 2013
Pros: learned different was of hair shaping
Cons: they got rid of my position
Its a busy day every day took care of students needs and maintained a steady work place
Horrible company horribly ran in Bakersfield ca
Former employee (Former Employee), Bakersfield caMarch 5, 2013
Pros: graduate without even attending school
Cons: director is a joke and the whole school is a mess
The owner needs to find a new director and dean. Management runs this place like a dictatorship. Constantly break rules and never following any order. Students never attend and still graduate?!?! Guess it would be great for ratings though!
Great environment working with students finding new career in cosmetology.
Vocational Instructor (Former Employee), Visalia, CANovember 14, 2012
Pros: nice working environment and on going training.
Cons: 3 deans in 3 years.
We had different Phases in the learning process. I started out in Phase 1, new students, classroom environment teaching basic State cosmetology fundamentals. Phase II, salon floor, meeting and greeting customers teaching students from Phase I how to develop hands on experience. Maintaining a structure environment at all times yet having fun. Guidance – more... provided in customer service, business fundamentals, sales. While on salon floor I enjoyed along with the student customers who came in for services, how a make-over changed their inner and outer appearance. The most enjoyable and challenging was my final Phase 3 process. I prepared students in obtaining their State Cosmetology license and meeting our licensure goals. By having so many different learning styles, I felt honored to have our students not only get licensed but receive that call that they were licensed cosmetologist in the State of California and sharing the joys with them. By being a well rounded individual I took pleasure in working with management and co-workers as a team player. – less
Fun place to learn
Student Cosmetologist (Former Employee), Visalia, CAOctober 29, 2012
Great place to learn. Teachers where there to help you when ever you needed there help.
Hectic work place but is a school.
Copsmetologist Student (Former Employee), Visalia, CAOctober 24, 2012
Pros: good teachers
Cons: unorganized salon
My experiance was a good one. Yes I don't think they were the best and could improve on a lot of things. They prepared me for my state board test. I felt over prepared at state board.
Working for Milan was a great experience.
Dispensary Assistant (Former Employee), El Paso, TXAugust 27, 2012
When working for Milan, my days were always busy. I had many responsibilities and dealt with many people. I loved the fact that there was never a slow day. Every day I learned something new. It was exciting being an employee at Milan.
Don't Do It!!
Director (Former Employee), FairfieldMay 24, 2012
Cons: disgruntled employees, no structure, disorganized and uncaring faculty
Milan Institute is an expensive school that does not support their students in Fairfield, poor attitudes and definitely they do not care about students and do not value good employees. Culture and team work does not exist at The Milan Institute in Fairfield. This company is not family oriented meaning does not support women who have children in daycare. – more... Be very careful before applying at this money hungry school! – less
Milan Institute...
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Clovis, CAApril 26, 2012
Pros: birthday lunches, discounted services.
Cons: mold problems, water damage, building issues that cause everyone to get sick.
Milan Institute is a great company to work for on a corporate level. Being part of the support staff is easy and fun but you aren't supported as much by corporate when it comes to your needs, scheduling and the building is constantly flooding.
Customer Service Specialist-Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Milano, LOMMay 17, 2012
Pros: knowing your job duties and being a mentor.
Cons: no cons
A exciting experience of in the world of Cosmetology learning something new and making a different in the Students lives in their chosen profession.

Milan Institute of Cosmetology Photos