Milan Institute of Cosmetology Employee Reviews

Not a good place to work
Placement Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAOctober 24, 2017
Poorly ran corporation. Executive team refers to and treats staff as subordinates which was a huge moral booster. The standards that are expected are almost impossible to accomplish due to Management and Corporate being on different pages. Students are pushed through classes with poor performance and lack of professionalism and not held responsible for their actions. Benefits were stripped away because lack of profitably due to the company"s finamcial aid being under scrutiny from the department of education.
Pros
Assisting students was rewarding
Cons
High turn over/ no room for growth/
hate the way it was runned
Student (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 11, 2017
i will never go there again they were not good with communication or my needs to succeed staff was unorganized did not keep track of my paperwork and made me have to re do all my progress
stressful
Future Professionl (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVOctober 6, 2017
stresful, unorganized, no consistancy, lack of products. students left to basically fend for themselves. very hi employee turn over rate even in this economy.
Pros
being able to create
Cons
lack of direction
Professional work environment
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  La Quinta, CASeptember 29, 2017
Office provided meeting future students to interview and counsel, setting goals for future accomplishments. What was most valuable was seeing them achieve their goals and graduate over coming obstacles and struggles. Everyday, never the same gave me hope for myself to coach someone else to believe in themselves for a new start.
Pros
Lunch room for staff
Cons
Follow up with graduate students
Esthetician/Makeup Artist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 24, 2017
Learn a lot about skin care, facials, how to use machines. Learn about the brand Milan uses. Work with different ages, skin types. The most enjoyable part of my job was when I got to do services on clients such as facials.
Pros
Free lunches, free services.
Cons
Short breaks.
poor executive management team
Financial Aid Officer (Current Employee) –  Visalia, CAAugust 22, 2017
This company is run poorly from the top. There is poor pay and treatment of employees. Company policies do not stay within outside regulations. Shortcuts are taken at employee's and student's expense.
Pros
great direct supervisor
Cons
poor executive management and business practices
Great work enviorment
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAAugust 11, 2017
A typical day would include balancing the cash till, welcoming guest, assign them to student cosmologist or inform councilor that their guest has arrived. I would answer phone calls, confirm or schedule appointments.
Pros
free services and half off serivces
Cons
short breaks and lunches
Fun
Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 10, 2017
Good people an okay year had a good experisnce cosurrmers enjoyed lunch room was good and big enough great staff to work with fun activities to do ...
Pros
Good lunch breaks
Cons
Short breaks
it could do better
Cosmetologist (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJuly 26, 2017
I feel as if Milan has kind of let go of its passion for the students and faculty throughout the years due to the bad ownership of this building, and I believe there needs to be a change
Poor Management
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TX 79936June 11, 2017
Lack of a positive culture, good benefits, little room for advancement, poor management, good pay, lack of teamwork between admissions and instructors
Pros
benefits/pay
Cons
management, advancement, culture
Fun work environment
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 8, 2017
This job taught me everything about administrative work. They have a great system great software and the management is Awesome I'd highly reccomend to anyone seeking receptionist position.
fun work place
Cosmetology Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAMay 12, 2017
the staff and students were very talented and very helpful to out clients. We worked together or alone. Everyone was very business like but had good energy about them.
Stressful work place, Busy environment
Office Assistant/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAMay 8, 2017
well, every time i showed up for work i was overwhelmed, stressed. i learned that you need to be patient and fast-paced. management was no the best but i worked around it. The workplace culture was stressful. The hardest part of the job was, keeping up with the schedule and dealing with unsatisfied customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing people everyday, communicating with my co workers and learning new things everyday.
Pros
Cons
stressful, fast-paced, poor management
Cosmetology
Cosmetology Instructor (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXFebruary 20, 2017
This job was great. I really enjoyed the people and students. I gave a lower rating due to the fact that the director simply didn't like me as a person.
Review
Licensed Cosmetology Esthetician Educator (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 7, 2017
As an educator in the esthetics department, my day was filled with enthusiasm,productivity, high energy, and creativity.
I learn something everyday through my students and our clients.
Management handles metrics and service clients volume.
I work with Beautiful talented team players.
I love my job.
Pros
Students, Pay and hours of operation
fun workplace
Registrar Assistant (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 16, 2016
When I worked there people were nice. We got discounts at services. Very little chance of moving up with in. Over all it was a great place to work in
Good school to attend.
Student Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAJune 3, 2016
I learned haircutting, haircoloring, pedicures, manicures, and sanitization. Good management and co-workers. I liked learning new things each day.
Make up Artist and Future Esthetician
Student Esthetician requiring public contact (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 29, 2016
I loved this school. It changed my life is ways unimaginable. I owe all of my education and knowledege to my wonderful instructor Ms Noreiga. I loved every moment of it. I was educated in chemical peels, facial massage, skin care business, I could go on the list is endless. No much knowledge, its such an amazing school. I highly recommend it to anyone that is interested in the field.
Pros
Extended education, recognition and hands on learning
Very Productive
Student (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAMarch 4, 2016
Enjoyable place to be, fun to get to know other classmates as well as learn techniques on hair and nails. Amazing instructors to guide and answer any questions.
Good enviroment
Registrar/VA Certifying official (Former Employee) –  Milano, TXFebruary 17, 2016
Working for Milan was fun and always busy. Co workers were easy to get along with and always made work fun. Overall great experience!