Milan Institute of Cosmetology Employee Reviews

Review
Licensed Cosmetology Esthetician Educator (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 7, 2017
As an educator in the esthetics department, my day was filled with enthusiasm,productivity, high energy, and creativity.
I learn something everyday through my students and our clients.
Management handles metrics and service clients volume.
I work with Beautiful talented team players.
I love my job.
Pros
Students, Pay and hours of operation
Cosmetology
Cosmetology Instructor (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXFebruary 20, 2017
This job was great. I really enjoyed the people and students. I gave a lower rating due to the fact that the director simply didn't like me as a person.
Good school to attend.
Student Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAJune 3, 2016
I learned haircutting, haircoloring, pedicures, manicures, and sanitization. Good management and co-workers. I liked learning new things each day.
Make up Artist and Future Esthetician
Student Esthetician requiring public contact (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 29, 2016
I loved this school. It changed my life is ways unimaginable. I owe all of my education and knowledege to my wonderful instructor Ms Noreiga. I loved every moment of it. I was educated in chemical peels, facial massage, skin care business, I could go on the list is endless. No much knowledge, its such an amazing school. I highly recommend it to anyone that is interested in the field.
Pros
Extended education, recognition and hands on learning
Productive and fun
Student Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAAugust 24, 2015
A typical day at a salon would be cleaning my station and then setting it up. after that you would get different clients and greet them. Then perform their service and do a fantastic job. interact with them if they wanted. what I learned was that I got to work with amazing people and work with different types if personalities. my best trait is adapting to new people and situations. my co workers were very friendly and helpful a long the way. the hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult clients but I got through it with a positive attitude. the most enjoyable was being able to see my clients leave with a smile and come back for more.
Pros
always learning
Very Productive
Student (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAMarch 4, 2016
Enjoyable place to be, fun to get to know other classmates as well as learn techniques on hair and nails. Amazing instructors to guide and answer any questions.
Good enviroment
Registrar/VA Certifying official (Former Employee) –  Milano, TXFebruary 17, 2016
Working for Milan was fun and always busy. Co workers were easy to get along with and always made work fun. Overall great experience!
Great environment working with students finding new career in cosmetology.
Vocational Instructor (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CANovember 14, 2012
We had different Phases in the learning process. I started out in Phase 1, new students, classroom environment teaching basic State cosmetology fundamentals. Phase II, salon floor, meeting and greeting customers teaching students from Phase I how to develop hands on experience. Maintaining a structure environment at all times yet having fun. Guidance provided in customer service, business fundamentals, sales. While on salon floor I enjoyed along with the student customers who came in for services, how a make-over changed their inner and outer appearance. The most enjoyable and challenging was my final Phase 3 process. I prepared students in obtaining their State Cosmetology license and meeting our licensure goals. By having so many different learning styles, I felt honored to have our students not only get licensed but receive that call that they were licensed cosmetologist in the State of California and sharing the joys with them. By being a well rounded individual I took pleasure in working with management and co-workers as a team player.
Pros
nice working environment and on going training.
Cons
3 deans in 3 years.
Don't Do It!!
Director (Former Employee) –  FairfieldMay 24, 2012
Milan Institute is an expensive school that does not support their students in Fairfield, poor attitudes and definitely they do not care about students and do not value good employees. Culture and team work does not exist at The Milan Institute in Fairfield. This company is not family oriented meaning does not support women who have children in daycare. Be very careful before applying at this money hungry school!
Cons
disgruntled employees, no structure, disorganized and uncaring faculty
Horrible company horribly ran in Bakersfield ca
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield caMarch 5, 2013
The owner needs to find a new director and dean. Management runs this place like a dictatorship. Constantly break rules and never following any order. Students never attend and still graduate?!?! Guess it would be great for ratings though!
Pros
graduate without even attending school
Cons
director is a joke and the whole school is a mess
Great stepping stone for my career, learned a lot and am ready to take on the next challenge
Phase 1 Instructor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 19, 2015
I learned a lot from working with this company, a lot of what not to do and in turn what to do. If you are a structured and "seasoned" instructor who is ready and willing to take the lead and make a change, i recommend this company for you.
Pros
great curriculum
Cons
no team work
Milan Institute...
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Clovis, CAApril 26, 2012
Milan Institute is a great company to work for on a corporate level. Being part of the support staff is easy and fun but you aren't supported as much by corporate when it comes to your needs, scheduling and the building is constantly flooding.
Pros
birthday lunches, discounted services.
Cons
mold problems, water damage, building issues that cause everyone to get sick.
Instructor made learning fun an interesting
Student Esthetician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 4, 2013
A typical day at school was theory the first couple hours then hands on, working on clients
Pros
free microdermabrasions, facials, waxing
Cons
uniforms uncomfortable, machines outdated
Decent
Cosmetologist(student) (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 8, 2015
it was fun to go there. Some of the employees where really unprofessional in certain situations. Overall it's good to go learn everything you need to know to get licensed.
fun place to work and see the different ages of trends
Receptionist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAOctober 29, 2014
the hardest part is to understand and learn the programs they use on the computer for different service and know how to use your email to communicate with different co-works in all departments
Pros
free lunches
Cons
discount services
Working for Milan was a great experience.
Dispensary Assistant (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 27, 2012
When working for Milan, my days were always busy. I had many responsibilities and dealt with many people. I loved the fact that there was never a slow day. Every day I learned something new. It was exciting being an employee at Milan.
Can be a great place to work at!
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CADecember 27, 2014
Great place to teach cosmetology to students, can be Fun sometimes . Like the continued education to instructors . Celebrations are Great .
Would love to go back and teach again !
Pros
Great products to use and Great teaching methods.
Great Students
Regional Dean of Education - Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXMay 14, 2015
Great employees at the Amarillo Campuses. The hardest part of the job was never knowing when things were going to change.
Hectic work place but is a school.
Copsmetologist Student (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAOctober 24, 2012
My experiance was a good one. Yes I don't think they were the best and could improve on a lot of things. They prepared me for my state board test. I felt over prepared at state board.
Pros
good teachers
Cons
unorganized salon
a very fun place to work
Maintenance and Dispense Specialist (Current Employee) –  reno nvMarch 22, 2013
Its a busy day every day took care of students needs and maintained a steady work place
Pros
learned different was of hair shaping
Cons
they got rid of my position

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Milan Institute of Cosmetology. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7