Milan Institute

Milan Institute Employer Reviews

Professional growth
Career Services/Professional Development (Former Employee), Nampa, IDJanuary 5, 2014
As the Career Services Coordinator and Professional Development Instructor at Milan Institute I got help students achieve goals, recognize potential and become a part of a professional atmosphere. This position was extremely rewarding because I got to watch them transform right before my my eyes and become something they never thought possible.
Great School
Student (Former Employee), las vegas, nvNovember 11, 2013
Taught what you needed to know, friendly enviornment, well known by health offices/hospitals/clinics
Productive and enjoyable
Financial Aid Coordinator (Former Employee), Visalia, CANovember 4, 2013
I loved my job at Milan. Compatible work schedule, decent pay, good benefits. I enjoyed working with all my co-workers.
Busy, Fast Pace Environment
Front Desk Clerk/Receptionist (Former Employee), Clovis, CAAugust 21, 2013
Front Desk Clerk/Receptionist
- I worked at the front desk, helping clients check in and out, handled the register, answered and transferred calls, gave students clients, and made appointments.
Class starts
Instructor - AMA (Current Employee), Visalia, CAAugust 15, 2013
Pros: is seeing the students graduate and get a job
Cons: part time position
Greet students as they come in, prepared an hour early for supplies or copies for the day. It is a true blessing to get to learn about the students and help them accomplish their dreams. The team I have to work with are supportive. We believe in the students successes. I can surely say management is awesome they have the same vision, co-workers are – more... great. I really enjoy helping someone become a better person and believe in themselves, and to walk with their head up. Take pride in what they have accomplished. But to always remember every day is an opportunity to learn something new. Experience equals success. The hardest part is when a student is failing and looses focus of their dreams and they give up on themselves especially when they don't have family to support them. But all in all it is a Blessing to help them change their lives for the good. – less
AMAZING
Medical Assistant Instructor (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAAugust 8, 2013
Absolute great company and great people to work for. Students and faculty are dedicated to achieving the goals set forth by MIlan.
Very educational
School (Former Employee), Sparks, NVJuly 30, 2013
Milan is a good place to go to school if you want a fast career with lots of help and friendly people.And you'll never forget the fun you had with your classmates.
Productive and Positive Enviornment
Professional Development Instructor (Current Employee), Palm Desert, CAMay 5, 2013
Pros: flexible day and evening positions
Certified Instructor for an Allied Health vocational campus, instructing a 40 hour mandatory pre-requisite course prior to the student’s core class. Subject is a positive course designed to motivate personal goal- sets and visualize the future one seeks. Main focuses include the power of self- talk, recognizing the allowance of opinions and the setting – more... of clear and concise goals. Materials include accompanying video vignettes, activities, assignments and open- forum conversations about thoughts, feelings and understanding of the lessons and life- related subjects. Other duties include the assistance and guidance in resume and cover letter- building and present and coach students in Mock Interviews in preparation of potential future opportunities. Counseling of students with personal and/ or professional struggles or needs and offering guidance. – less
educational
Student Esthetician (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 19, 2013
most enjoyable part of being a student at this facility is working with so much different clientele, and can also work your way to earn personal clients.
educational
Student Esthetician (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 19, 2013
I disgrace to educational institutions
AMA Instructor (Former Employee), Visalia, CAMarch 30, 2013
Pros: not working there
Cons: everything abouth milan is a big rip off.
This is not a school. It is a rip off. They do not follow through with anything they promise to their students. There is no quality to the material presented. None of the curriculum is applicable in a professional career. They do not care about their students or their staff. The talk disparingly about both. A typical day involves having students complain – more... because of Milan's ridiculous dress code policies. Management is only interested in keeping students enrolled and receiving passing grades so they can get as much of their financial aid money as possible. The hardest part of the job was being treated poorly by the management and coworkers. There was nothing enjoyable about working for Milan, It is a source of shame that I was employed there. I would recommend NO ONE work there or enroll there. You would be wise to NEVER receive services from a Milan graduate, – less
terrible experience , undervalue honest hard work, dishonest agenda
employee (Former Employee), clovis , caMarch 29, 2013
Pros: its a job and you will get paid.
Cons: inconsistent about breaks and lunches, do not care for health of employees, the sweatshop of career colleges
During my time there , I went above and beyond to be helpful to the director and other levels of management at one time I was promoted in 2010 under previous management . However that director stepped down and when replaced I was harrassed by the new director . Overall they were more concerned about politics and saving face versus true honesty and didn't – more... not respect people for taking responsibility for any mistakes , rather looked for any and everything they could write you up, leaving almost everyone with the feeling of insecurity about their jobs. There were a few good people in the company however the general attitude is little care for the students well being and education, more focused on profits. Therefore I would not recommend this to a prospective student or employee . As an employee any good intentions for the students will be seen as a waste, however if you are at ease with working for a company that is dishonest and cares little for students it might be the place for you . – less
Great Learning Environment and taught me Great Retail Sales Skills.
Student Esthetician (Former Employee), Clovis CAFebruary 27, 2013
Pros: positive learning environment
Cons: attended only 3 days a week.
My Instructor had a lot of patience with all the students in her class and took the time to specialize in Marketing and Retail Sales Skills. My instructor always said Marketing for yourself and having High Retail Sales is what brings in more money, not only for the business but for the employee itself.
Horrible management with director playing queen of the world
Former Employee (Former Employee), Bakersfield CAFebruary 14, 2013
Cons: belittle people, bully employees/students, unorganized mess
No orginaization and horrible management. The director acts like hitler and plays favorites. They also do not follow any rules or regulations as well as state laws.
Milan Institute
Cosmetology Student (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CADecember 18, 2012
Milan Institute was a great experience for me. I educated and promoted clients about products. Developed and mantained repeated clientele, dispensary accuracy, inventory, and sanitations. Provided chemical services and color applications as well as haircuts.
Unorganized management
Admissions Representative (Former Employee), Nampa, IDNovember 30, 2012
Pros: free massages and salon services
Cons: healthcare, low pay, unorganized management
I worked for this company for 6 years and it is the most unorganized company I have ever worked for. HR is a joke and rude. This company plays favorites and advancement is nearly impossible. Pay is the least of any for-profit career college, so try applying elsewhere for the same job since you'll probably get paid much more. The Healthcare package was – more... ridiculous and too expensive! I would never recommend working for this company. – less
a great place to work
Education Finance Advisor (Current Employee), Bakersfield, CANovember 13, 2012
Milan is a great place to work. We work with great people, from co-workers to managment. I enjoy meeting new perspective students on a daily basis.
place you can work with no bathroom breaks no breaks at all
o Dispensary (Former Employee), bakersfield,caNovember 13, 2012
Pros: student fun
Cons: no breaks you do get lunch but not your 15's
they are not hostil but never trust any of them you dont know . they have no respect for there own jobs or themselfs. bad place to work

KWAN – March 30, 2013

My experience with Milan included very intense hostility directed at me by both students and staff.

Had dress up days, give away prizes for best student sales, attendance etc.
Cosmetology Instructor (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAJuly 4, 2012
Pros: n/a
Cons: short breaks, no training just learn on job, no help setting you up with benefits accounts
Very busy and unorganized sometimes.
The training was as you work, no prior education about the curriculum.
Management was nice. Most of the Co-workers were nice.
Hardest part was not having clear instruction, consistency and difficult complaining students that caused trouble. As well as getting them to follow sanitation rules.
When seeing a student – more... get excited about a demo or new technique and improved in their skills! – less
good
Medical Assistant Instructor (Former Employee), Clovis, CAJune 9, 2012
I really enjoyed sharing one of my greatest gifts. THat is knowledge. I enjoyed working here.