Milan Institute Employee Reviews

fun place
Medical Assistant Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXDecember 21, 2016
great staff to work with, had lots of great students and wanting to learn the medical field. they did lab work from giving injections, to drawing blood and getting vital signs. to going into the classroom and getting there lesson from the instructor.
Pros
staff members care for students and coworkers
Cons
n/a
Medical Assisting Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAFebruary 21, 2017
Coworkers are friendly and supportive. Obtained my instructor certification in BLS through Red Cross. Great supervisor-very open, friendly, helpful and fun to work with.
Pros
Employee support
Cons
No opportunity for advancement
Instructional Program Review
Lead Dental Assisting Instructor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 25, 2016
Typical day was from 7:00 AM to 4: PM. Taught two classes per day with an average of 20 students per class. Financial compensation was comparable to other career schools. Raises and promotions came very slow or not at all. Co-workers were excellent. Hardest part was dealing with the quality of students that were allowed into the program, and the lack of action to discipline and dismiss problem students. Enjoyable part was working to help others accomplish their career goals.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Slow promotions and raises.
great school great teachers
Medical Administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 28, 2016
great school great teachers and the really help to progress and makes study time easy and attending here really was a huge learning experience for me with a flexible scheduled.
Knowledgeable instructors, fun and productive school
Cosmetology Student (Current Employee) –  Merced, CAJune 4, 2016
I enjoy attending, and am very thankful to the graciousness and sincerity of the instructors and staff. It is a clean, orderly and welcoming environment to have services performed and we are always excited to see our clients returning.
Very pleased to work for this company
Medical Assistant Instructor (Current Employee) –  Sparks, NVMay 20, 2016
I am very happy to say I am a Milan employee, I work evenings as a MA instructor and with this opportunity I can turn my skills into lessons for future MA's.
It was a beneficial environment to be a part of.
COSMETOLOGY STUDENT (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 27, 2016
From beginning to end, I felt that I was gaining so much knowledge to prepare me for the expectations of when I receive employment in a salon. I was taught the multiple procedures and services that I can perform on clients. The management demonstrated well what they are paid for, and gave their assistance always without hesitation. As for the students, multiple showed potential and dedication in what they do. Every experience was amazing and diverse.
Cons
not applicable
Not Worth It
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 10, 2014
*Customers being irate & yelling at you as well as students & some employees including management
*I learned how to resolve the problem while keeping a calm demeanor
*The hardest part of the job was knowing that management did not care about anyone.
*The most enjoyable part of the job was always meeting some amazing people & getting to play a roll in helping & motivating the students to get closer to accomplishing their dreams.
Pros
Base pay was $12 an hr
Cons
Management did not care about employees
Had dress up days, give away prizes for best student sales, attendance etc.
Cosmetology Instructor (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 4, 2012
Very busy and unorganized sometimes.
The training was as you work, no prior education about the curriculum.
Management was nice. Most of the Co-workers were nice.
Hardest part was not having clear instruction, consistency and difficult complaining students that caused trouble. As well as getting them to follow sanitation rules.
When seeing a student get excited about a demo or new technique and improved in their skills!
Pros
n/a
Cons
short breaks, no training just learn on job, no help setting you up with benefits accounts
Unorganized management
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IDNovember 30, 2012
I worked for this company for 6 years and it is the most unorganized company I have ever worked for. HR is a joke and rude. This company plays favorites and advancement is nearly impossible. Pay is the least of any for-profit career college, so try applying elsewhere for the same job since you'll probably get paid much more. The Healthcare package was ridiculous and too expensive! I would never recommend working for this company.
Pros
free massages and salon services
Cons
healthcare, low pay, unorganized management
Great Learning Environment and taught me Great Retail Sales Skills.
Student Esthetician (Former Employee) –  Clovis CAFebruary 27, 2013
My Instructor had a lot of patience with all the students in her class and took the time to specialize in Marketing and Retail Sales Skills. My instructor always said Marketing for yourself and having High Retail Sales is what brings in more money, not only for the business but for the employee itself.
Pros
positive learning environment
Cons
attended only 3 days a week.
Milan is a Great School
Call Center Manager Dates Employed (Current Employee) –  Amarillo TxJanuary 1, 2015
I working in the Customer Service and enrollment call center . I received 200 calls plus a day speaking to prospective students. In management I learned to teach my Employees to love the job and what they do for a living ! How much more blessed can a person be ? You are getting paid to help people better there self !
Pros
Benifits and Holidays off
Cons
There were not any
Interesting work environment
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMay 26, 2016
Everyone is pretty laid back, with a few exceptions. Job security was very minimal in my particular position, as it was a position that the company as a whole, could not decide if they wanted to keep the position or not. My co-workers were some of the best people I have ever worked with. They were very knowledgeable in their positions and created a welcoming environment. Milan is a paperless company, so if you are really into modern technology and saving the environment, it's a great place. The best part of my job there, was helping people to achieve their high school diplomas so they could advance on to trade school and have careers. The hardest part, not knowing from day to day whether or not I was going to still have a job. The accredidation commission that supported our schools, did not approve of a high school completion program within the schools; however, Milan had them anyways and I was one of many coordinators for that department. They put a stop to my position, but I was not informed until several weeks later and in the mean time, I was working as an administrative assistant to both schools, doing anything I could to stay busy at work and do my job to hopefully stay employeed, but once they declared that they eliminated the department, I no longer had work.
Pros
Work environment is friendly
Cons
No job security or communication
Professional growth
Career Services/Professional Development (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IDJanuary 5, 2014
As the Career Services Coordinator and Professional Development Instructor at Milan Institute I got help students achieve goals, recognize potential and become a part of a professional atmosphere. This position was extremely rewarding because I got to watch them transform right before my my eyes and become something they never thought possible.
No no no
Financial Aid (Former Employee) –  El PasoSeptember 24, 2014
I worked in the financial aid department of this company and it was always a headache. Management and corporate office have their favorite employees and will throw you under the bus any chance they get. Work ethics are unprofessional and turn over is a joke. They fire and hire within a day, you will be stepping out of your office when the new hire is stepping in. Since this is a for profit organization, the main topic is money. Admissions is held up high and they do no wrong and if you cross them, you will lose your job. I do not recommend Milan as an employer or a school to anyone, they don't care about anyone but themselves. Enroll students regardless of the situation and collect that money is the main motto.
Pros
M-F workdays, interaction with the students
Cons
unethical work environment, poor management, poor HR, corporate office plays the blame game
It pays the bill
Employed (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaDecember 28, 2015
This job is ok. It pays the bill but do need to take better care of their employees. My co workers are great but do feel students aren't being motivated.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXMarch 12, 2015
work environment was amazing loved all of my co-workers
manger was very helpful
work schedule reasonable
a typical day at work set appointments for students
students emailed us to receive program information
answered questions they were concerned about
Pros
manger helpful
Cons
raise was not enough
Fast paced work environment
Data Entry Assistant (Entry) (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 25, 2015
Opportunity to advance and meet a diverse array of individuals. Always something new to learn and employers and peers are always willing to lend a hand.
Class starts
Instructor - AMA (Current Employee) –  Visalia, CAAugust 15, 2013
Greet students as they come in, prepared an hour early for supplies or copies for the day. It is a true blessing to get to learn about the students and help them accomplish their dreams. The team I have to work with are supportive. We believe in the students successes. I can surely say management is awesome they have the same vision, co-workers are great. I really enjoy helping someone become a better person and believe in themselves, and to walk with their head up. Take pride in what they have accomplished. But to always remember every day is an opportunity to learn something new. Experience equals success. The hardest part is when a student is failing and looses focus of their dreams and they give up on themselves especially when they don't have family to support them. But all in all it is a Blessing to help them change their lives for the good.
Pros
is seeing the students graduate and get a job
Cons
part time position
Team player ,easy to get along , out going , dependable
Esthitician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio tx 78252February 29, 2012
This company was a school i attended to further my career , was a big change from what i have been doing . But i am now done with school and wanna do business for extra money . Love working with clients and patients and looking to go back into the medical feild where i belong .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Milan Institute. Our community is ready to answer.