Milan Institute

Milan Institute Employee Reviews

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXMarch 12, 2015
Pros: manger helpful
Cons: raise was not enough
work environment was amazing loved all of my co-workers
manger was very helpful
work schedule reasonable
a typical day at work set appointments for students
students emailed us to receive program information
answered questions they were concerned about
great company
Education Finance Advisor (Former Employee), san antonio ingramFebruary 25, 2015
Through out my time working there i gained a lot of knowledge in my department. The decision to leave was unexpected due to new opportunities.
Milan is a Great School
Call Center Manager Dates Employed (Current Employee), Amarillo TxJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: benifits and holidays off
Cons: there were not any
I working in the Customer Service and enrollment call center . I received 200 calls plus a day speaking to prospective students. In management I learned to teach my Employees to love the job and what they do for a living ! How much more blessed can a person be ? You are getting paid to help people better there self !
great place to work
Assistant Call Center Manager (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXNovember 25, 2014
busy but fun, everyone got along, no bad things to say, nothing more to say
Education Rocks
Student Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Sparks, NVNovember 17, 2014
Awesome place to attend school and learn very fun and educational
loved going to school there
Professional in Training (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAOctober 30, 2014
it was a fantastic experience, i enjoyed it, the staff was great i really learned a lot from my instructors, the students were great
Favorite job ever
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee), VisaliaOctober 24, 2014
I loved working for this corporation. I felt truly taken care of and appreciated. Very friendly environment and staff. I felt supported in my career and personal decisions.
n/a
High School Admission Representative (Former Employee), fairfieldOctober 14, 2014
overall a good place to work. If you like the campus president you will like working here
NO NO NO
Financial Aid (Former Employee), El PasoSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: m-f workdays, interaction with the students
Cons: unethical work environment, poor management, poor hr, corporate office plays the blame game
I worked in the financial aid department of this company and it was always a headache. Management and corporate office have their favorite employees and will throw you under the bus any chance they get. Work ethics are unprofessional and turn over is a joke. They fire and hire within a day, you will be stepping out of your office when the new hire is stepping in. Since this is a for profit organization, the main topic is money. Admissions is held up high and they do no wrong and if you cross them, you will lose your job. I do not recommend Milan as an employer or a school to anyone, they don't care about anyone but themselves. Enroll students regardless of the situation and collect that money is the main motto.
Moderate workplace
Instructor of Esthetician/Cosmetology (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: worker appreciation, fast paced.
Cons: favoritism, cliques, pay was okay.
Can be a clique place. They have their pros and cons just like any other place.
Not Worth It
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAJuly 10, 2014
Pros: base pay was $12 an hr
Cons: management did not care about employees
*Customers being irate & yelling at you as well as students & some employees including management
*I learned how to resolve the problem while keeping a calm demeanor
*The hardest part of the job was knowing that management did not care about anyone.
*The most enjoyable part of the job was always meeting some amazing people & getting to play a roll in helping & motivating the students to get closer to accomplishing their dreams.
great school
Medical Assistant Student (Former Employee), Las VegasJuly 5, 2014
Pros: vending machines
Cons: small break room
fast pace classes, learned about medical assisting, I enjoyed my classes and had a great instructor.
Enjoyable workplace
MEDICAL ASSISTANT INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee), Sparks, NVJune 13, 2014
Pros: staff
Cons: hours
I greatly enjoy working at Milan. It has a great staff. Supervisors have appreciation of the the staff.
I learned alot at Milan.
Mediclal Asst. Program (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 12, 2014
The instructures I had at Milan were excellent. They didn't mind ansewering questions or listening to if you had a problem no matter what it was.
Beware!! this is a very shady organization...
Instructor (Former Employee), MercedMay 19, 2014
Pros: cant think of any
Cons: you name it!!
I got out of there fast! I did not want my name associated with this school. I was an Instructor there and after about 2 months, I was just blown away about the disorganization, overall drama with students and faculty alike, unprofessional and shady tactics used to secure grant money from under privileged students.
This school preys on students at or below poverty level to secure grant money from them and once they are in, can care less about the quality of education they deliver.
Students are subjected to harassment by both fellow students and staff, physical violence amongst students with no repercussions, and Instructors who are there mainly to get a paycheck and could care less if a student makes it or not.
I left when the Career Service Coordinator demanded me to "fudge" a student's grade and attendance record in order to keep his grant money.....no way, I bailed.
If you posses the slightest bit of integrity, keep it and do not work here!.
Professional growth
Career Services/Professional Development (Former Employee), Nampa, IDJanuary 5, 2014
As the Career Services Coordinator and Professional Development Instructor at Milan Institute I got help students achieve goals, recognize potential and become a part of a professional atmosphere. This position was extremely rewarding because I got to watch them transform right before my my eyes and become something they never thought possible.
Great School
Student (Former Employee), las vegas, nvNovember 11, 2013
Taught what you needed to know, friendly enviornment, well known by health offices/hospitals/clinics
Productive and enjoyable
Financial Aid Coordinator (Former Employee), Visalia, CANovember 4, 2013
I loved my job at Milan. Compatible work schedule, decent pay, good benefits. I enjoyed working with all my co-workers.
Busy, Fast Pace Environment
Front Desk Clerk/Receptionist (Former Employee), Clovis, CAAugust 21, 2013
Front Desk Clerk/Receptionist
- I worked at the front desk, helping clients check in and out, handled the register, answered and transferred calls, gave students clients, and made appointments.
Class starts
Instructor - AMA (Current Employee), Visalia, CAAugust 15, 2013
Pros: is seeing the students graduate and get a job
Cons: part time position
Greet students as they come in, prepared an hour early for supplies or copies for the day. It is a true blessing to get to learn about the students and help them accomplish their dreams. The team I have to work with are supportive. We believe in the students successes. I can surely say management is awesome they have the same vision, co-workers are great. I really enjoy helping someone become a better person and believe in themselves, and to walk with their head up. Take pride in what they have accomplished. But to always remember every day is an opportunity to learn something new. Experience equals success. The hardest part is when a student is failing and looses focus of their dreams and they give up on themselves especially when they don't have family to support them. But all in all it is a Blessing to help them change their lives for the good.

Milan Institute Salaries