Milauskas Eye Institute

Milauskas Eye Institute Employee Reviews

Very fast paced fun, and exciteing field
I learned how to be an ophthalmic technician (Former Employee), Rancho Mirage, CaMarch 6, 2013
Pros: learning the field, gaining knowledge, working with patients.
Cons: very long hours, seldom breaks, overworked staff
I worked for seven doctors, who all had their own way of wanting their patients prepared. My days started at 7 am and ended at 7 pm. It was hectic, and fast paced. My load was 17 patients in the morning and 17 in the afternoon, plus what ever emergencies the hospital would send over to us.

I learned more at Milauskas than anywhere else that I have ever worked. I learned about many eye diseases, and conditions, how to treat, and manage them, and how to be caring and understanding to our patients who were often worried or scared.

The management at Milauskas did not work well together. I think perhaps it is because they were always overworked, and did not have the time to assist each other. The departments at MEI were poor at best at working as a team. Their hours were long and hectic, and I believe it showed in their performance.

My coworkers were better at working together. We trained each other, learned from each other, and stuck together. We became very close as friends, and still keep in touch. We made a good team.

The hardest part of the job was the patient wait times. Sometimes a scheduled patient would not get to see a doctor until they ad been waiting for three hours. The doctors were always overbooked. I used to bring patients coffee, and magazines to help pass the time. It did not make for a happy patient.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the amount of learning that I did. I felt like I was gaining a free education, and sucked up as much as I could get my hands on.

Milauskas Eye Institute Salaries