Milbank Manufacturing Co. Employee Reviews

Lead of a assemble line with various products
Lead, to a production line (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 13, 2017
I like the jobs challenges. Overall I take part in the meeting and I am valued about my ideas. There is room for growth with Milbank. I do enjoy working there.
Pros
good benefits, compensated lunches
Cons
short breaks
It was a job
flowline operater, stockman, warehouse (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 2, 2017
Go into work look and see what order is set on the line, find out how much is left, find out what we are running next. Count labels we need for order, count parts for the skid. make sure the order is ready to go. So when we get to it all we have to do is set it on the line for them. I learned how to work with people, learned how to solve problems, learned how to communicate a little better. Management over all is good. They are learning just like we are, over all I think they are trying to get better just like most the employees. Just like all of us, can be inconsistent at times. Over all the culture is decent. no matter where you go you are always going to have different personalities, disagreements, lack of discipline, those that come to work, and those that just clock in. Probably the hardest part of the job is trying to do what the company wants, with little to no cooperation from others on the line. Most enjoyable part of the job is serving people, helping to make their day better, no matter how my day is going.
Pros
2 10 minute breaks on the clock, all major holidays off with pay, 2 personal days, good pay, dont work on Sundays, voluntary overtime on Saturdays
Cons
healthcare, inconsistencies
Place you dont wanna work
Welder (Current Employee) –  El Dorado, ARJuly 31, 2017
This place is horable to work for pay needs to be better. To much complaining from managment. Trust me I work for them now an I have been looking for something else ever since
Pros
Good job, just to much BS
Cons
Horable place to work for bad management
spot welder (Former Employee) –  El Dorado, ARJuly 15, 2017
This was a very good place to work. The hourly rates were a little low but, they made up for it by providing large donations to the 401K plan. The managers there were fair however, I could have done without a union. The union never stepped in and backed anyone.
Pros
Easy going and great 401K benefits
Cons
Low pay, union
Great group with family values
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 26, 2017
They have a great group of people to work with. You are given ownership of duties and are expected to perform. The management team allows you to grow and make mistakes.
Pros
Management, Office staff, product
Cons
Family owned slow to make decissions
Family Friendly atmosphere
Buyer III (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 16, 2017
Very nice environment to work. Management is understanding and willing to help you succeed. The pay and benefits is very competitive to the area.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Not a lot of room to advance
Learned alot of skills
Spot Welder/Machinist (Former Employee) –  Concordia, MOJanuary 8, 2017
I learned skills that I never thought i would be exposed to, such as spot welding and working various types of machines. The work atmosphere made it a good place to work as well as the people.
Discharged stupid policy
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  El Dorado, ARDecember 17, 2016
Worked there for almost three years didn't make it because of a unheard of policy didn't punch the time clock five times in a year never heard of someone loosing their job over not punching the clock especially when your there on time, it would be different if I was late for work but never late go figure.
Pros
No comment
Cons
Micro management
Productive place to work at in the manufacturing Industry
WAREHOUSEMAN (Former Employee) –  Concordia, MOAugust 24, 2016
I enjoyed my time working at Milbank Manufacturing in the Distribution center. We had great and friendly workers who worked hard everyday to complete the tasks assigned. It was a very demanding job, but also very rewarding. There were definitely management issues when i first started, but at the end they had worked out significantly.
Family Owned and operated.
Production Supervisor Responsibilities (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 27, 2016
I worked on the production floor and in Administration.I enjoyed working and helping others. I started on the Production floor worked my way up to Administration and Supervision.
hot and uncomfortable
Team Lead/ Coordinator (Current Employee) –  El Dorado, ARJune 25, 2016
Good pay but lots of hard work. Its really hot and uncomfortable. Good place to make a decent living but not so socialize. Too many chiefs and not enough Indians.
fast pace assembly of electrical breaker boxes
final assembler (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 22, 2016
come in at 3:45 p.m. to 12:15 a.m. and assemble electrical breaker boxes. Learned how to read assembly blueprints of breaker boxes and how to assemble the breaker boxes from beginning to end.management was nice and helpful, and when they did not have a solution to the problem they would figure out the problem with us. coworkers were always friendly, great work environment .production would stop for hours due to problems whether it be equipment break down or lack of supplies. Enjoyable part was learning how to build all makes and sizes of breaker boxes.
Pros
company appreciating parties for good work
Cons
short break
a large decline
Operations Engineer (Former Employee) –  N Kansas City, MODecember 29, 2015
Loved the job I did and it has helped me over the years and I was proud to be a member of the team. The things I learned their are invaluable.
Pros
The company
Cons
bad economy
Productive work place and good team work
Material handler / amada10' brake operator (Former Employee) –  Concordia, MOJune 24, 2015
Good working environment, co workers desplayed good team work and ethics. Safe environment to work in. Was very hot place to work. having a job where i could see the finished produced and know that it was made with pride.
PowerGen management is lackadaisical.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Grain Valley, Mo.June 23, 2015
Management team seems absent from the mission statement presented.

A typical day: answering customer complaints and filling out loads of paper work on returned or faulty products.

Business is typically slow, finding work to do.

pros:
cons: misleading statements by management
fast pace little room for error
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 17, 2014
would go to work ,go to my station ,someone brings me a blueprint of my breaker box ,and from there would spend the next 8 to 10 hours building the units from finish to end.
Poor manager in PowerGen division but great company otherwise
Customer Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 28, 2014
M-F, 8:00-5:00. Electrical industry working in distribution channel. PowerGen division sells generators, while the company is known more for metering. PowerGen division is a constant balancing act between vendors and distributors.
Good company, perhaps location is not convenient
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Concordia, MOSeptember 30, 2013
Milbank has good workers and personnel, although its culture of Union based may make it difficult at times. At this location in Concordia, the small town culture is evident, but people with good heart.
Pros
People cares about their work
Cons
Too much drama, everyoen is family or related somehow
Manufacturing Meter Boxes
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  El Dorado, ARAugust 4, 2013
Good place to work and the pay is also very good. The health insurance are too high.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Health Insurance too high, Lay-Offs
Lack of strong stable management makes this a tough place to work.
Configuration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Concordia, MOJuly 26, 2012
A high turn over in management made it difficult for this company to operate smoothly.
Pros
the people are very friendly.
Cons
management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Milbank Manufacturing Co.. Our community is ready to answer.

Milbank Manufacturing Co. Reviews by Location