Mildred Elley Employee Reviews

Instructor
Associate Professor/Instructor for the following (Current Employee) –  NYJuly 19, 2017
Great company to work, great management. You have the ability to work and provide your teaching skills and feedback. The instructors have input on the curriculum design for improvement. The students really do matter and the school promotes that.
Pros
Great educational institute
A work in progress
Senior Instructor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 6, 2017
Everyone and everything has it's ups and downs. One must stay strong to bring the light forth. One day at a time in life, and hold on to that. We per-pair students for a new world order.
Pros
Chance to meet some nice people
Cons
Doesn't follow DOE schedule
Enjoyable
Academic Administrator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 26, 2017
My current position allows me to work more independently to challenge my self at any time. Everyday is a different task and challenge that helps me grow as a person to become more efficient in my career.
Pros
Learning experience
Cons
Not too much growth
The love of learning
Federal Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Pittsfield, MAMay 25, 2017
Working for the school had opened my eyes to what our teachers goes through everyday with their students. They go above and beyond with us. Being there ive learned that sometimes you have to deal with people differently because everyone has there own personality. I miss working with them as a teachers assistant.
Productive and a educational place
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 13, 2017
Lovely environment and extreme educational knowledge. Professors are there to encourage their students to do better and assistant them in their work. Leaders help their colleagues and staff perform better as a group.
Nice place
Assistant Professor of Mathematics (Former Employee) –  Central Avenue Albany, NYMay 9, 2017
Limited math classes offered. Spent time tutoring most students instead of teaching. Offered to teach several others classes and help teach at Mildred Elley in Massachusetts, but was never offered classes
Pros
Wonderful staff
Cons
Few math classes
Very nice company to work for
Associate Director of Financial Aid (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMarch 13, 2017
Very nice company to work for, the owner is very nice and overall a good environment which offers a good balance between work and family. Good benefits, however the 401K was a little subpar.
If you are a friend of the owner or the provost all will go very well...
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 21, 2016
I truly do not recommend working here. It is painfully clear that the owner only cares about MONEY and lots of it. The daily temperature is who is getting fired because enrollment is down.The morale is terrible as unqualified people are put in positions of power because they are friends with the owner or the provost. They did clean up some of the mess but toxicity abounds readily. It is similar to high school....Stay away.This place is so unprofessional, unmoral and greedy. And, you will get stabbed in the back, eventually.
Pros
location
Cons
Unprofessional, no morals, decisions are based on greed rather than student success
Internship summary
Intern (Former Employee) –  Pittsfield, MAJuly 21, 2016
I had an over all amazing experience while at Mildred Elley! All of the students and co workers were amazing and nice ! I had a lot of help trying to find real work after my time as an intern was over. They really do care about people's welfare.
professional and organized, Educational corporation that excels in all areas
Career Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYApril 12, 2016
Empire Corporation is a great educational institution, that provides its employees a great environment for positivity. Well organized School centered on student needs. Excels in assisting its students with guidance to their future careers.
work study position sucks but education is great.
Librarian Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJanuary 25, 2016
i would recommend doing the work study position. the instructors and the deans work with you to make sure you pass your classes and you are recieving a good grade.
Internship
Temporary Assignment (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 23, 2015
My work experience detailed, scanning documents and transferring them into PDF files to be uploaded to the Senior Administrator file system. I filed documents and typed correspondence using MS Word and MS Excel. I used the telephone to contact students about school updates, instructed by the Academic Office.
I worked independently. I had little contact with my co-workers.
I view nothing on the job to be hard because I was properly prepared
through previous jobs and education.
Pros
Good Coffee
Cons
Little Contact with Staff
Working for a Proprietary School
High School Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 3, 2015
I loved working with my coworkers and helping prospective students start school. It was rewarding to see the students that I enrolled, graduate and take charge of their future.
Pros
Decent salary and benefits
Cons
Small amount of time off
three thumbs up
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany NYFebruary 1, 2015
I think that the whole team is awesome everybody is wonderful I learned a lot about office work most of my real time training came from this job I appreciate and cherish the work ethic and skills I have got from here. I absolutely enjoyed this job......

Toyah Angoy
Pros
experience
Cons
nothing
Not what education should be about....
Chair (Former Employee) –  NYCSeptember 30, 2014
This school truly only cares about money...not the students or faculty..believe me. I had a high position in this company and saw ( and experienced) some very unprofessional and less than moral behavior. Go to the Swedish Institute....it is an all around better environment.
Pros
the fabulous students
Cons
everything else
Stay away
SLAVE (Former Employee) –  New York, NY (Metro NYC campus)August 27, 2014
My entire work experience at Mildred Elley's NYC campus was MISERABLE. I discourage anyone to apply, interview, or accept a position here unless you want to become severely depressed and suicidal. You will be overworked, underpaid, and immensely disrespected by students AND staff!!!! Stay away!!
Pros
Cons
Everything!!
Felt Great To Help My Peers
Federal Work Study-Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 21, 2014
A typical day working as a Federal Work Study-Library Assistant was hectic but also a thrill. I got to help my fellow classmates on projects. I've learned the value of patience. I was dealing with classmates who was learning how to use the computer for the first time,people who were learning how to write an APA style paper and learning how to do research from articles.My co-workers were also fellow work study students like me. It was refreshing and exciting to work with someone off my own age in the same job. The hardest part about my job would be balancing my studies and work. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing my peers come back and tell me they got a high grade on their paper or past a certain quiz
Good team of individuals dedicated to students.
Chair, Medical Assisting (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYDecember 23, 2013
While the managerial atmosphere was tense and hectic, the academic team was tight knit and dedicated to the success of the students.
Pros
Some freedom with scheduling
Cons
Tension within the management and executive team
Beware!!!!!!!!!
Manager (Former Employee) –  New YorkAugust 7, 2013
Mildred Elley only cares about taking money from their students. The first week of class they enroll a bunch of students and by the second let alone the third week of class the classrooms are empty. LPN students are enrolled but many of them have trouble passing the NCLEX exam at the end of the program.
Pros
Location NY
Cons
They don't care about the students!!
supportive work environment
Faculty Instructor (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 31, 2013
Great place to work! benefits for full-time, supportive faculty and department chair!
Pros
flexible schedule, good compensation
Cons
no one to cover for illness