Mildred Elley

Mildred Elley Employer Reviews

STAY AWAY
SLAVE (Former Employee), New York, NY (Metro NYC campus)August 27, 2014
Cons: everything!!
My entire work experience at Mildred Elley's NYC campus was MISERABLE. I discourage anyone to apply, interview, or accept a position here unless you want to become severely depressed and suicidal. You will be overworked, underpaid, and immensely disrespected by students AND staff!!!! Stay away!!
Felt Great To Help My Peers
Federal Work Study-Library Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 21, 2014
A typical day working as a Federal Work Study-Library Assistant was hectic but also a thrill. I got to help my fellow classmates on projects. I've learned the value of patience. I was dealing with classmates who was learning how to use the computer for the first time,people who were learning how to write an APA style paper and learning how to do research from articles.My co-workers were also fellow work study students like me. It was refreshing and exciting to work with someone off my own age in the same job. The hardest part about my job would be balancing my studies and work. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing my peers come back and tell me they got a high grade on their paper or past a certain quiz
Absolutely horrible way to run a school.
Student Services Specialist (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 18, 2014
Pros: accessibility
Cons: no days off other than pto, no sick leave.
The Metro campus of Mildred Elley leaves MUCH to be desired. I was hired in a position where I was basically supposed to make changes in the way certain departments were ran and how students were helped. I was fired on the basis of "not being a good fit" after working countless days trying to fix things. I went above and beyond for the school only to be tossed aside when it suited the president. The financial aid department, where absolutely no one (save one person) does any actual work, is abhorrent. I was also fired after going through an illness in which I missed a couple of days (wrongful termination anyone)? Ridiculous.
Good team of individuals dedicated to students.
Chair, Medical Assisting (Former Employee), Albany, NYDecember 23, 2013
Pros: some freedom with scheduling
Cons: tension within the management and executive team
While the managerial atmosphere was tense and hectic, the academic team was tight knit and dedicated to the success of the students.
Beware!!!!!!!!!
Manager (Former Employee), New YorkAugust 7, 2013
Pros: location ny
Cons: they don't care about the students!!
Mildred Elley only cares about taking money from their students. The first week of class they enroll a bunch of students and by the second let alone the third week of class the classrooms are empty. LPN students are enrolled but many of them have trouble passing the NCLEX exam at the end of the program.
supportive work environment
Faculty Instructor (Current Employee), Albany, NYMay 31, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule, good compensation
Cons: no one to cover for illness
Great place to work! benefits for full-time, supportive faculty and department chair!
Good team work
Adjunct LPN didactic Instructor (Current Employee), Albany, NYMarch 19, 2013
Pros: support, team work, and positive atmosphere
Cons: salary position with pressure about documenting time
Nursing department is good with team work, helping, and support. Administration also offers any assistance needed.
SCHOOL
6 week of Internship (Former Employee), Albany, NYMarch 4, 2013
I have met a lot of great peaople and have gained friendships. I have also gained a Degree in Medical Assistant and acheived the skills to bring them to the working world.
Workstudy
Retail/Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee), Albany, NYDecember 3, 2012
I would be a lab assistence and i would file files in the cabinet. it was ok a decent job
Great Place to work
Financial Aid Representative (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 28, 2012
Mildred Elley was a great place to work. I enjoyed my two with the company and I must say that overall everyone including management was great.