Mile High United Way Employee Reviews in United States

Highly political environment
Finance Executive (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 14, 2015
Very difficult to advance unless you are part of a select group. Top heavy and no real management.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
lack of work/life balance
Loved the people I worked with!
Aminstrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver COSeptember 30, 2013
I got to do a job I loved and help people who needed it every day. Everyone around me was pleasant and fun to work with. Unfortunately since it is non-pofit there is not too much room for advancement, but the work enviroment is always friendly and you will always go to work with a good feeling because you're making a diffrence in peoples lives.
I do not feel like a intern
Communications and Marketing Intern (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 18, 2013
I am an intern so I work half days, a tipical work day icludes gathering information for sponsorship recaps and stuffing information packets. During my time at Mile High United Way I have learn the diffence between charitable donations and sponsorships. Along with learning the sponsorship side of a nonprofit organization, I learned what it take to put on a large scale fundrasing event. I love interning for Mile High United Way, I was hoping to stay on as an employee but unfortunatly there is no room in the budget for any new emplyees in the communications and marketing department. The team I work wirh is great, right away I felt like I was apart of the team, it does not feel like I am an intern. The most enjoyable part of my internship is experancing the great work Mile High United Way does for the community.
Busy workplace
Pledge Processing Specialist/Assistant Auditor (Former Employee) –  2505 18th Street Denver, CO 80211July 16, 2012
I like to work in a team invironment independently. A typical day at work is meeting deadlines based on company deadlines. I enjoy a variety of duties and willing to learn more functions as needed.

2.3