Mile High Youth Corps Employee Reviews

Fast paced, hard working, fun position
Forestry Technician (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 23, 2016
I really liked this job. It taught me discipline first and foremost. Had to learn to inclimate weather and move fast in different directions. Always completed the job before leaving by my choice.
Pros
Got to work in nature
Cons
unpredictable weather conditions, tough working outside with the weather
Sawyer (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 19, 2016
I absolutely love working here! Best job with the best people who are always willing to help. Everytime I have an issue with a chainsaw someones right around the corner to help!
productive day
Youth Build Corps member (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 5, 2015
hard working easy going I learned to do better in life and fight for what you want in life an never give up ..

I received my osha 10
where I had to do construction an learn new skills every day ,and we also volunteered at different places like the boys an girls club as well as the old people home to help them out for free..
Mile High Youth Corps is the best non-profit organization to learn and grow from.
Pre Apprentice Construction Training (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 30, 2013
At Mile High Youth Corps we alternate from the construction site one week to the class room the next week. When it's the construction week a typical day at work starts off at 7:30 am where we find out what our job for the day is. We get lunch at 12:00, and after that we work untill 3:30 pm. On the school week the hours are the same but instead of doing construction were in the classroom studing for the GED
Cons
short brakes during school week
Great work environment, and awesome staff
Data Entry & troubleshooting (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 2, 2013
Typical day would be us coming in at 7:30 and beginning with a stretch and safety circle, and then loading up product and heading out to or scheduled appointments.
Pros
great supervisors, willing work with when it comes to transportation, great job to start out for student between ages 18-24, education award provide on completion of the term.
Cons
you can only work as a corps member until you are 24
YouthBuild Corps Member
YouthBuild Corps Member (Former Employee) –  Denver CoOctober 21, 2014
Performed basic construction including laboring and loading and unloading of materials. Established different techniques in framing backing and placing of studs. Assisted in placing of insulation and firewall. Operated a variety of power tools.
Great Non-Profit, an Outdoor Challenge
Sr. Crew Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 24, 2014
No typical workday. The work changes from day to day.
Management and co-workers are great.
The hardest part of the job is balance between work and life. Being gone for 10 days at a time is difficult for families.
The best part of the job is working with young people.
Trail Worker (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 26, 2015
Very fun and hard working company to work with. You gain an amazing work ethic learning to work and cooperate with others
Pros
great experience and outdoor work
Cons
weather can sometimes be a pain to work with
Its hard work.
Forest Fire Mitigation Sawyer (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 10, 2014
Its hard work. you either thrive or die here. some management issues. they flip out over being a minute late. no real security. depending on your crew and the crew leader, you are likely to either have an awesome time or a horrible time.
good place ever
Corps Member (Former Employee) –  Denver,CoFebruary 8, 2015
Good place for work and made me to know how to look for a job and people there are nice people helping young people to success they have all tools to build your knowledge
Hard work and great educational value.
corps member (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 12, 2014
As a crew you are given jobs such as fire mitigation, trail building, log erosion barriers. Depending on your crew you will have to camp or you will be a day crew. I was on a hybrid crew so I did both. my day would begin at 6 or 6:30am and would end around 5pm. At the beginning I was much weaker than I am now that I have completed on season with them. At the beginning I had to rely a plethora on my crew members to help me accomplish my signed tasks. The hardest part of the job is that you are doing hard work all day, but if you are doing it right all the way through you are able to see the reward by the end of your time on the given project. Throughout the season I have begun to learned how to communicate effectively with those i am working with. On a weekly basis we would do education for a total of ten hours. This education made it so that we could qualify for a scholarship at the end of our season.
Pros
scholarship at the end of the season. grow in strength throughout the season.
Cons
you will be tired at the end of the day. no benefits other than workmens comp.
This company showed me all the skills I will need to become successful in my life.
Corps Member (Former Employee) –  Denver CoMarch 28, 2012
The are a place that gave me a second chance after I dropped out of high school and they pushed me till I obtained my GED.
Pros
the case managers
Productive job
Youth Build Corpsmember (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 29, 2014
A typical day at work would be figuring out your assignment and once finished start the next one
Pros
free ppe
Cons
short breaks

4.6