Mile High Youth Corps Employee Reviews in United States

productive day
Youth Build Corps member (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 5, 2015
hard working easy going I learned to do better in life and fight for what you want in life an never give up ..

I received my osha 10
where I had to do construction an learn new skills every day ,and we also volunteered at different places like the boys an girls club as well as the old people home to help them out for free..
Great work environment, and awesome staff
Data Entry & troubleshooting (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 2, 2013
Typical day would be us coming in at 7:30 and beginning with a stretch and safety circle, and then loading up product and heading out to or scheduled appointments.
Pros
great supervisors, willing work with when it comes to transportation, great job to start out for student between ages 18-24, education award provide on completion of the term.
Cons
you can only work as a corps member until you are 24
Trail Worker (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 26, 2015
Very fun and hard working company to work with. You gain an amazing work ethic learning to work and cooperate with others
Pros
great experience and outdoor work
Cons
weather can sometimes be a pain to work with
YouthBuild Corps Member
YouthBuild Corps Member (Former Employee) –  Denver CoOctober 21, 2014
Performed basic construction including laboring and loading and unloading of materials. Established different techniques in framing backing and placing of studs. Assisted in placing of insulation and firewall. Operated a variety of power tools.
Great Non-Profit, an Outdoor Challenge
Sr. Crew Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 24, 2014
No typical workday. The work changes from day to day.
Management and co-workers are great.
The hardest part of the job is balance between work and life. Being gone for 10 days at a time is difficult for families.
The best part of the job is working with young people.
good place ever
Corps Member (Former Employee) –  Denver,CoFebruary 8, 2015
Good place for work and made me to know how to look for a job and people there are nice people helping young people to success they have all tools to build your knowledge
Its hard work.
Forest Fire Mitigation Sawyer (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 10, 2014
Its hard work. you either thrive or die here. some management issues. they flip out over being a minute late. no real security. depending on your crew and the crew leader, you are likely to either have an awesome time or a horrible time.
Hard work and great educational value.
corps member (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 12, 2014
As a crew you are given jobs such as fire mitigation, trail building, log erosion barriers. Depending on your crew you will have to camp or you will be a day crew. I was on a hybrid crew so I did both. my day would begin at 6 or 6:30am and would end around 5pm. At the beginning I was much weaker than I am now that I have completed on season with them. At the beginning I had to rely a plethora on my crew members to help me accomplish my signed tasks. The hardest part of the job is that you are doing hard work all day, but if you are doing it right all the way through you are able to see the reward by the end of your time on the given project. Throughout the season I have begun to learned how to communicate effectively with those i am working with. On a weekly basis we would do education for a total of ten hours. This education made it so that we could qualify for a scholarship at the end of our season.
Pros
scholarship at the end of the season. grow in strength throughout the season.
Cons
you will be tired at the end of the day. no benefits other than workmens comp.
This company showed me all the skills I will need to become successful in my life.
Corps Member (Former Employee) –  Denver CoMarch 28, 2012
The are a place that gave me a second chance after I dropped out of high school and they pushed me till I obtained my GED.
Pros
the case managers
Productive job
Youth Build Corpsmember (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 29, 2014
A typical day at work would be figuring out your assignment and once finished start the next one
Pros
free ppe
Cons
short breaks
Fun at MHYC
Water Conservation Crew Corpsmember (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 29, 2012
Had a lot of fun at this company. Made friends and learned a trade as well in the process.

4.5