MileOne Automotive Employee Reviews

Horrible
Detailer (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VADecember 13, 2017
DO NOT WORK HERE. The job itself isn't difficult it's the manager and salespeople that made work unbearable. Lack of communication, lack of help, lack of order. The higher-ups really make you feel like you're beneath them, they treat you as if you're not an adult and talk to you any kind of way. You truly feel unappreciated. Two people already have quit based off everything I just listed, so take my warning and stay away.
Pros
The co-workers you have (not the salespeople) are what make the day go by easier.
Cons
No room for advancement, pay isn't all that, the salespeople and the manager, everyday is a new problem.
Only work here if you are desperate for a job.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  VirginiaDecember 4, 2017
Good benefits, decent pay if you can sell cars. Other than that, everything else is terrible. The management is subpar and doesn't know what they're doing half the time. Most co-workers are out for themselves, which is expected at a dealership, so don't expect much help. The hours are terrible, be prepared to work 9am-9pm most days, including EVERY Saturday depending on your dealership, and you have to work Sunday every 2-3 weeks as well. Be prepared to revolve your life around this job, as you will more than likely be going in to work to sell a car to a customer on you day off. Highly stressful.
Pros
Pay can possibly be good. Benefits are alright.
Cons
No work-life balance. Terrible Management. No help.
Terrible, high stress, lack of reward, no recognition of better than average performance
Master Technician (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 19, 2017
I would not wish this on my worst enemy. Zero continuity of operations. They expect you to give 150 percent and they are only willing to return 55 percent. It's unbalanced and ill prepared. Their expectations are unreasonable and poorly thought out. Try a Priority dealer instead. The corporate vampires just wanna suck the life blood right out of you. Once you're all used up it's on to the next poor guy, Good luck!
Pros
Cons
Benefits and a paycheck
Steer Clear
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDNovember 9, 2017
If you enjoy being micro managed, having conversations eavesdropped on by management and enjoy being told to push items this is the job for you! You are constantly scrutinized, told what to say to customers and regardless of experience, treated like a child. There are far superior organizations out there where you can control your client base , therefore your own salary. Management is concerned with putting up numbers and overall repair order count vs. The quality of each repair order and the relationship based selling that breeds repeat customers.
Pros
Benefits after 60 days
Cons
Management, hours, schedule, micromanaging
Na
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDOctober 31, 2017
Receive checks, cash and other payments. Do daily paper work. Copy all sales checks, upload and scan them to the bank. Count dealership money on a daily basis.
They only care about one thing, and its not the employees.
Autobody tech (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PASeptember 26, 2017
Motor world used to be a good place to work for but lately its gone down hill. Mile one doesn't care what happens there, only care about car sales and making money. They say they have great benefits which is totally false. The body shop don't repairs the vehicles to manufacturer recommendations. They promise all this training which they don't do. They only allow certain people take the certification classes (example I-car). There is so much favoritism in the bodyshop, that when its slow down, only certain people get work. If you don't do what the management tell you, you are cut off. There are certain members of management who need to retire and others who plainly shouldn't be there because they think they are gods and and know everything which they don't.
Pros
Certain employees
Cons
To many to list
Terrible.
Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Maryland City, MDAugust 9, 2017
The managerment is absolutely terrrible they don't care about you as a person at all, nor do they care about the customers. They are more worried about how much money they can save and make. Literally one person has to do three persons jobs. You have to work open to close most of the time cause your the only one who runs the whole dept. people are constantly quiting way before they get fired, cause how can you fire people when there's nobody to replace them with? Don't ever expect a raise not gonna happen, these are money hungry people. And don't expect anyone to get hired to help you cause they won't. Constant lies from management and they'll never let you know anything you're doing right. Employees are rude to eachother nobody talks except if you're at work. Managers hide in there offices all day and never want to help customers when you need there help. Employees are very selfish and do not want to work together to make anything better they'd rather work against eachother. For the first two months you'll think it's great and then you'll see what I'm talking about.
Pros
A place to work I guess?
Cons
No help, no management
Busy work environment was a plus
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDJuly 25, 2017
Always learning something new. Very bust workplace and days went fast. Got to meet new people. Very beautiful outside views from any office window.
Pros
Sometimes free breakfast
Cons
Health Benefits
Poor company with poor management
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAJune 4, 2017
Motorworld was originally a Ertly owned dealership, where alot of the older techs that been there from the beginning are at the point that they slowly watched everything they worked for be taken away. But they have been there so long that starting over is pointless

My experience at motorworld was they flash a pile of money and smoke and mirrors in your face to get you in the door, then you realize a few weeks in your on the hook and can't just get out. Management changes daily, the techs have no work, so yeah 25 hr flat rate looks great till you see the hours you get, which equate to a 10/hr job. The health benefits are expensive and cover nothing. The whole process of getting parts to your bay is over complex, communication is horrible. And it's a cut throat environment. Revolving door, they will gladly push you out if your not one of the boys, and replace you with entry level guys who they can pay poorly. The experience required for this job is breathing they just want to pack the place with warm bodies to try and keep pace with the guys leaving techs in the valley avoid this place. 99% of the employees there are from other areas see the cash & jump on it. Half of them are people they fired and brought back. The other half are the hacks noone else wanted. Or people who just didn't know better
Pros
No pros
Cons
Employee turnover your boss today might be gone tomorrow
Dont waste your time
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAJune 1, 2017
I started off on a good start.. liked the job AT FIRST (2 months into it). Then came to realize coworkers were money hungry and it was a "who-gets-paid-more" type of business. You can be in the same department doing the same thing as the others and still get paid less- hourly. Management is absolutely horrible. Management would curse at you, treat you like garbage, and demand respect. If you go to tell higher management, they don't care about your opinion and/or experience and just say deal with it. Even threatening to take your job away. I've never worked at a place with such disrespect. Management is NOT on your side - if you haven't noticed from my review. Not to mention, any time you try to do better in the business and try to atleast make a difference there, you get treated worse. You get the whole teamwork talk when you get interviewed but then theres no teamwork when you're actually working there. Do. Not. Waste. Your. Time.
Cons
Benefits, pay, useless management
Family Atmosphere and Focused on Personal Growth
Service (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMay 9, 2017
In the 4 Years I have been with Hall Chevrolet, in Chesapeake Virginia, I have seen Service Cashiers promoted to Service Advisors, Lane Assistant, Lane Manager. Three of the Service Advisors have been promoted to Service Managers at other stores. Pay Plans have not changed (if you have been a service writer at a dealership for 4 years and your pay plan has not changed I would like to hear from you!)
Management empowers the employees to make decisions. The technicians are treated as valuable assets and there are sales people who have been with the company for double-digit years! Anytime I have had an issue or concern it has been addressed. I plan to stay with Hall for years to come!
Pros
advancement opportunity, get paid what you are worth, great customer base
Cons
some long hours
no raise
Service Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Catonsville, MDMay 2, 2017
no raises or advancement. you cannot grow in this company. raises is not based on tenure. rather if you do more work then required. great co workers and management
Stay away if you work honestly
Vw repair tech (Former Employee) –  Catonsville, MDFebruary 28, 2017
The promises at the beginning were over the top. Tooo good to be true. Considering i have been out of the dealer world for ten years i figured this location in catonsville would be cake walk. My request for training at the local training center for vw was denied several times.I have belief that with correct training and exp comes efficient accurate repairs. Coworkers are good but asking for assistance with an issue was a problem.
The service writer staff was aggressive at best. Making what i felt were impossible promises to the customers. Certain advisers were very good at BS the customers and berating the techs in the shop.
My advise is to stay away from mileone Auto at all costs unless you are very good at brown nosing the management staff.
Great place to work and easy to do your job because there is help
Service (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAFebruary 17, 2017
I have been working at Hall Acura for a couple months and it's great. I get the meet new people every day. The work that is done is by far not hard to do. Also they work around your schedule for example if you are in school or have a second job they work with you so u still have hours and maintain your life style.
Pros
Cons
Kinda slow during winter
if you work you get left alonne
Painter (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDFebruary 8, 2017
average work environment. the type of work just isn't what I was expecting. the hours are decent 7-4 8-5. the hardest part of the job is managing your time.
Working there is very productive and fun
Valet parking attendant (Former Employee) –  Owings mills marylandDecember 9, 2016
The people from mile one volkswagen and subaru location where i work are professionals and i enjoy working with them. I was even offerd by my service manager for a mechanic position
You Matter
Manager (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDNovember 21, 2016
While working for this company, I've truly experienced the difference of working for an ORGANIZED company that are about their employees. Everyone knows your name, regardless of the size. You are recognized for all that you do on every level and they compensate you accordingly.

They are very HR oriented, so as a female working in the automotive industry I always felt protected.

From a financial perspective, they are very compliant and they work hard to keep their reputation of being so.

I would recommend working for this company to my friends and family.
Horrible place to work
Title Processor (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDOctober 22, 2016
Your just a number as far as management is concerned, unorganized office, management has no problem screaming at you for no apparent reason. Expect overtime but is not necessary, plenty of people take advantage of that. Managers are blind as to what is going on in the office. Lists that they had you updating daily was overkill & once in awhile they would ask why something was on the list for so long. There were deals that hadn't been titled since the beginning of the year!! I would never recommend this place to anyone!! Not to mention the walk from & to the parking garage if you don't mind playing frogger across a busy road this place is for you!!
Pros
Free lunch at the beginning of the month
Cons
The walk to the building from the parking garage
Wrong company to invest your time on.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Md City, MDOctober 4, 2016
I left my previous job to work for mileone, because I always wanted to to improve my earnings. It turned out to be the most horrific decision I've ever made. Management is horrible, they don't provide you with the necessary tools to do your job. No job security, very hostile environment to work in. Coworkers are easy to get along with and they are nice.
The company is doing a deservice to the product that they are representing. I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone who wants a career in automotive sales.
Pros
Coworkers are easy to get along with
Cons
Job security is zero if you don't pay to play with managers.
Overworked and underpaid
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 3, 2016
From the beginning you are a number and they treat you as such. If you don't like it they find other people (preferably high school graduates that aren't going to college who haven't had other jobs) They load a showroom floor until there's no more room to stand then cut people's pay. Sets unrealistic goals for its employees and offers no upward advancement. Pay is insulting for the amount of hours put into the job. People at target make more than we do. 70 hour + workweek Job relies heavily on cold calling.
Pros
Friendly co workers
Cons
Low wages. Long hours. Under appreciated.