MileOne Automotive Employee Reviews

Wrong company to invest your time on.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Md City, MDOctober 4, 2016
I left my previous job to work for mileone, because I always wanted to to improve my earnings. It turned out to be the most horrific decision I've ever made. Management is horrible, they don't provide you with the necessary tools to do your job. No job security, very hostile environment to work in. Coworkers are easy to get along with and they are nice.
The company is doing a deservice to the product that they are representing. I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone who wants a career in automotive sales.
Pros
Coworkers are easy to get along with
Cons
Job security is zero if you don't pay to play with managers.
Overworked and underpaid
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 3, 2016
From the beginning you are a number and they treat you as such. If you don't like it they find other people (preferably high school graduates that aren't going to college who haven't had other jobs) They load a showroom floor until there's no more room to stand then cut people's pay. Sets unrealistic goals for its employees and offers no upward advancement. Pay is insulting for the amount of hours put into the job. People at target make more than we do. 70 hour + workweek Job relies heavily on cold calling.
Pros
Friendly co workers
Cons
Low wages. Long hours. Under appreciated.
Stay away if you work honestly
Vw repair tech (Former Employee) –  Catonsville, MDFebruary 28, 2017
The promises at the beginning were over the top. Tooo good to be true. Considering i have been out of the dealer world for ten years i figured this location in catonsville would be cake walk. My request for training at the local training center for vw was denied several times.I have belief that with correct training and exp comes efficient accurate repairs. Coworkers are good but asking for assistance with an issue was a problem.
The service writer staff was aggressive at best. Making what i felt were impossible promises to the customers. Certain advisers were very good at BS the customers and berating the techs in the shop.
My advise is to stay away from mileone Auto at all costs unless you are very good at brown nosing the management staff.
No job security or compassion
Assistant Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAApril 17, 2016
Empty promises before you get hired, then nothing but drama after. HR person who was fired from former employer for harassment. No chance of promotions, rather "shuffled" within to lower car lines. ZERO job security, can be terminated even after many years with the company. Then HIRE back employees who were fired for Serious HR violations. Service directors that don't last 6 months-1 year. Health benefit that is not locally accepted, high deductibles and out of pocket mandatory uniforms. Company paid vehicle for customer relations manager, managers who also keep ALL awards earned by employees and gives them to personal family members. (NASCAR tickets, concert tickets, trips, gift cards)
Finally, internal theft of funds on every level.
Pros
Cons
No paid lunches, long hours, poor benefits, poor management
Graphic Designer
Graphic Designer/Production Artist (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDAugust 30, 2016
The marketing department management is terrible. Very low pay. A million changes always come in so projects are never done. The work flow is not streamlined so projects don't run smoothly.

Managers have no experience managing others. The department is cliquey. There is no growth in the department for designers. There is no sense of a team. Designers are not seen as equal members of the department. Overall a bad experience.
Pros
There really aren't any
Cons
Low pay, bad benefits
Horrible place to work
Title Processor (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDOctober 22, 2016
Your just a number as far as management is concerned, unorganized office, management has no problem screaming at you for no apparent reason. Expect overtime but is not necessary, plenty of people take advantage of that. Managers are blind as to what is going on in the office. Lists that they had you updating daily was overkill & once in awhile they would ask why something was on the list for so long. There were deals that hadn't been titled since the beginning of the year!! I would never recommend this place to anyone!! Not to mention the walk from & to the parking garage if you don't mind playing frogger across a busy road this place is for you!!
Pros
Free lunch at the beginning of the month
Cons
The walk to the building from the parking garage
Management problem
Painter (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 9, 2016
I worked at mile one russel collision center for 3 months. It's literally one big revolving door. In the time i was there 2 people quit. The day I quit 4 more left right behind me. They let gieco control the shop and management doesnt care about anything except making money in his pocket. Have fun trying to get paid for what you do always money missing out of pay checks.
Pros
Air conditioning
Cons
Management, gieco, estimates
Great place to work and easy to do your job because there is help
Service (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAFebruary 17, 2017
I have been working at Hall Acura for a couple months and it's great. I get the meet new people every day. The work that is done is by far not hard to do. Also they work around your schedule for example if you are in school or have a second job they work with you so u still have hours and maintain your life style.
Pros
Cons
Kinda slow during winter
Okay place at times but management shows no concern for employees
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDFebruary 27, 2016
This place has its moments.. Majority of the coworkers were awesome to work with. Others were for themselves. Management doesn't care about their employees unless you're making them money by doing dishonest work . Had to fight for a raise as for my counterparts was given raises or was started with better pay than the employees that's been there for multiple years.
Pros
Co-workers (some)
Cons
Horrible place to work. Don't let them fool you!
sales representative (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PADecember 30, 2015
They make themselves out to be an outstanding company to work for but once you've been here long enough you find that is far from the truth. Sales people constantly have to chase their commission as paycheck are always wrong. Everyone in a management position is completely inept and have no business managing anyone. The service department is a nightmare as well. Very embarrassing when a past customer calls to let you know that no one in service will help them. The health benefits are a joke and the hours make it nearly impossible to have a normal life and see your family. No paid lunch either. Overall company is very cheap. Work shirts that you are required to wear all come out of your pocket.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Management, healthcare, hours
Working there is very productive and fun
Valet parking attendant (Former Employee) –  Owings mills marylandDecember 9, 2016
The people from mile one volkswagen and subaru location where i work are professionals and i enjoy working with them. I was even offerd by my service manager for a mechanic position
if you work you get left alonne
Painter (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDFebruary 8, 2017
average work environment. the type of work just isn't what I was expecting. the hours are decent 7-4 8-5. the hardest part of the job is managing your time.
Management doest resolve issues
Technician (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 29, 2016
Only worked here alittle while. Immediately noticed I wasnt treated fairly by my supervisor. Went to immediate supervisor who said he would take care of said issue. Saw him and my team leader laughing about my complaint.He told me the issue was taken care.Nothing changed. Went to the service manager and discussed the issue. Nothing changed. Then had an issue with a service advisor being abusive. Decided not to go to HR.Big mistake.Again nothing changed....actually got worse. Finally just walked out one day.
Pros
Some coworkers ok
Cons
Management ineffective and some coworkers get away with murder
Just a number
Technician (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDJune 23, 2016
Worked for mile one for 11 years then got hurt on job and they quickly turned thier back on me. Had to go before md workers comp commision to basically sue for what was rightfully mine. This company only cares about one thing, selling you a car, after that your on your own. And its true that techs would win awards (trips )and the service mgr would keep them and we wouldnt find out till it was to late. Never work for them. If the epa or osha would ever check out some of thier facilitys they probally wouldnt be open. Deffinately a stealership not a dealership.
Former service tech Owings mills
Technician (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDApril 7, 2016
Upper management above the Service Manager is a huge joke. Like others have said, pay is low, health insurance is expensive, you are just a number there to make money for the company. It's not right to hire new employees and pay them a wage that is almost equal or even higher than a long time experienced employees.
Pros
Close to home, other co workers
Cons
Upper management
Excellent Place to Work
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDJune 22, 2015
MileOne Automotive was one of the best internships of my college career. The environment, the work, everything about this company was positive.
Loved it
SALES CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDOctober 3, 2014
Very good people to work for. I love the company.
I have been working for Mileone for 5 years.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MileOne Automotive. Our community is ready to answer.

2.3