Miles Kimball Employee Reviews

Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIAugust 9, 2017
This is where I obtained the bulk of my customer service skills.

I took inbound and make outbound calls.

Once promoted from sales to customer service, I mainly worked with upset customers and resolved any issues.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Long hours, difficult customers
As a customer service rep you need to have good communications skills because you are dealing with customers all day, sometimes very angry customers.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIApril 15, 2016
• A typical day as a customer service rep revolved around answering in coming phones calls from customers either placing orders or customers needing service with regards to incorrect orders, broken or missing items.
• What I learned from doing this job is how provide customers with efficient and effect service.
• As a customer service rep their is not a lot of time to interact with co-workers because you are focused on taking in coming calls from customers.
• The hardest part of this job is managing customers while trying to meet goals set for phone calls.
• The most enjoyable part of this job is making customers happy.
Pros
For the most part you are always busy so work goes fast
Cons
Dealing with angry customers
Excellent work environment
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIAugust 13, 2015
Great place to work and allows growth within the company.
Expectations are defined.
Flexible schedules.
Insurance benefits.
Favorable wages.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
No full time opportunities unless you have a degree or internship
temperary
Embroidery Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIJuly 14, 2015
I liked working in the embroidery dept. just wish it wasn't a seasonal position, would go back to work there again. Co-workers had me laughing all the time because I was too fast in production for what they were used too.
Pros
was able to learn other departments
Cons
seasonal
Miles Kimball was a relaxed work enviornment. very professional
Team Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIApril 15, 2015
I loved working at Miles Kimball because there was minimal supervision.

A typical work day would be coming in to work sitting at my workstation, logging into my computer, and preparing to take calls from eager customers that wanted to place orders and recieve shipment of our quality products. I enjoyed assisting the customers with their requests. It was a lot of fun.
Even my co-workers were friendlyand professional.

The hardest part of this job was getting in there was a series of tests and training that had to be completed with acceptional scores.

The Team Leaders there were always supportive in helping me reach my goals as a employee of the company.
I felt the sky was the limit at Miles Kimball. there was so much opportunity for advancement.

Even my co-workers were friendlyand professional.
Pros
Some of the Pros of working here was the pay was decent and there was always extra hours to pick up.
Cons
not meeting team goals
Phone service rep
Customer Phone Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIAugust 8, 2014
I really liked helping customers find exactly what they needed. I always went the extra mile even when my phone time was over. I believed that the customer was more important.

I received personal letters and notes which were sent to my supervisor stating how I enriched the lives of my customers by being so kind to them. They also asked for me by name.
Pros
Loved to serve people, make customers smile, smile awards
Cons
Calls were timed, high pressure to talk fast, not good for customer
Great Place to Work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  OshkoshJuly 2, 2014
I absolutely enjoyed working here. They really make you feel appreciated and pay very well.
Pros
pay, commission, nice bosses
Cons
training is long
fast paced and exciting
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Oshkosh, WINovember 17, 2013
picking orders at in a very fast paced environment.
I have learned that people just need to get along, no drama.
management is okay, they need to deal with many situations that
they haven't dealt with.
I enjoy working people
hardest part of the job is getting no help and dealing with way to much drama with other co-workers. The he said she said game.
I truly enjoyed my job, I just didn't enjoy being caught in the middle of every ones daily drama there.
Sales Agent
Catalog Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 1, 2013
Taking orders from the catalog, up selling diffferent items,

Worked in a team setting, not much time to talk, always on the phone.

Occasionally had a time to get together over food or fun

again, the hardest part was to say good bye to all the close friends I had made..
fun environment to go to each day
Personalizations (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIOctober 12, 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed working with the people I worked with, even though it was a short time since it was only a seasonal position
Productive and Friendly Teams
Graphic Artists/Assisted manager (Former Employee) –  WISeptember 1, 2013
A typical day at Miles Kimball meant being productive and having good communication with fellow employees and management. It is a creative atmosphere where I was able to share knowledge and bounce ideas for projects with others. Meeting deadlines were important and successful. The most enjoyable part of this job was being able to learn from each other and work together to meet the deadlines and create great products.
making christmas cards , ornaments
Printer, Engraver, Packer (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIAugust 7, 2013
everyone is friendly
management helps you when you need it
it is not stressful
work is only seasonal work
Pros
not being stressful
Cons
only seasonal work
Fun, low stress call center.
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIJuly 16, 2013
I answered calls and entered the orders into they system. I learned how to be patient with customers. I learned how to upsell other products.
Pros
Stress level was low
Cons
Sitting in one place gets boring.
not sure
Personalization (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIApril 15, 2013
The job was great to have, but would have liked to have stayed their longer but was only a seasonal job.
Open and caring
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIMarch 4, 2013
Great place to work! Fast paced always learning new things. You are able to move up fast with the right skills. Friendly place.
Pros
great team players, great managers!
Cons
slower hours in summer, still great place to work!
The lean times are very lean...
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIJanuary 22, 2013
I worked in the call center. My co-workers were great. My team lead was amazing. The call center was clean. Paid training.

I didn't like selling items but it was a small part of the job. I got used to it. Then they started doing business with a company who's main focus was to scam the elderly. I'm not sure if MK is still affiliated with that company or not.

They get very slow after Christmas. If this is your 2nd job that isn't a problem. If you need a primary means of support I'd look elsewhere.
Pros
clean, safe, fun, paid training
Cons
not enough hours to live on all year
Great workplace environment
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIDecember 31, 2012
Miles Kimball gave me a great opportunity to advance my employment skills. The company strives to give each employee the skills needed to complete their job. The cultural belief are among the best I have ever worked in.
Good starter job
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WINovember 6, 2012
This job teaches you the production culture and for the most part you are given opportunities to learn different departments. I found this job, though low paying, a good start for those of us that dont have alot of natural talents. Not being hired full time with benefits of course is the sticking point here that is the draw back(unless they have changed their ways from years ago).
Pros
from my experience it was a positive work atmosphere.
Cons
they dont hire you on right away full time even if they have held you over for the seasonal period, (at least my experience) or string you along thinking you might get hired.