2008 – HR Manager/Recruiter – Miles (IT) Technologies – Moorestown, NJ
I managed the full recruiting cycle from candidate identification and evaluation to offer negotiation and closing for a wide range of positions. I used my superior communication and organizational skills with a strong attention to detail. In performing the essential functions of – more... this role, my work environment was client focused, fast-paced, demanding and team-based.
1) Created/wrote Job Descriptions, posted job openings on all sites such as Career Builder*, Dice*, Monster*, Craig’s List*, Indeed*, LINKEDIN*,etc.
2) Searched all sites for all IT positions: PM/PC, IS, HD, HDS, WEB – DESIGN/GRAPHICS, DEV, PROG, SALES(SIX SITES), ADMIN, etc. resumes*
3) Contacted appropriate candidates for a position
4) E-mailed applications to scheduled candidates for smoothness of the interview process
5) Tested( DATA-LOGIC), screened, gave building tours, and "calmed" the candidate before they met the VP
6) Sat in on and made recommendations for employment based on interview results
7) Created my own data bases for each area of need i.e. Baltimore Sales, Phila. IT, etc.
this way I had my own base of number two and three candidates to draw upon.
8) Initiated and monitored the background and reference check process
9) Attended career, college, and business fairs to scour and interview prospective candidates
10) Set/scheduled up the appropriate VP, etc. to meet with the candidates
11) Discussed feedback from the VP's, etc. for hiring purposes
12) Kept all job postings current, and made sure that they did not expire
13) Kept abreast of all new recruiting, hiring, and HR procedures and policies to ensure compliance
14) Created my own data base of recruiters, even though I was THE recruiter. I felt it was a professional and creative idea to keep in touch with my colleagues
15) Gave monthly lectures on hot topics that concerned our employees such as “Professionalism in the Work Place”, “Work Place Ethics”, etc. – less