Miles Employee Reviews

Am Draws
Phlebotomist II (Former Employee) –  DamariscottaSeptember 26, 2016
I would go to work at 5 am get my stuff together .Get the Tickets of the Patients that needed there blood draw then come down when I was done and get them ready to be processed.
I learned to Draw blood and process it in a timely manner.
Management was ok.
Co worker worked well together.
the hardest part of the job was drawing a child.
making people smile
Pros
working with the Dr's
Cons
the Turnover
Friendly.
Collection Manager (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAAugust 16, 2016
this company has a very bright future with growing and it's management team that they have is place. the work environment is very friendly, family orientate, the hard part about the job leaving with no money on the board. The Best part about this job is seeing the satisfaction of help others get the lives an credit back on track
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLAugust 8, 2016
Company is well organized, efficient. Great designers with a lot of talent. Plenty of work and able to acquire new skills.
Pros
company parties, creative
Cons
no overtime pay, lots of overtime hours
Work place with limited advancement and no schedule flexibility
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJuly 14, 2016
Interesting place to work. Some of the management was unorganized. Department salaries varied greatly, also salaries within departments for people holding positions for similar lengths of time.
Great organization that is sadly defunct
Vice President of Business Development (Former Employee) –  Washington/Metro, DCJune 7, 2016
I was a senior manager and was handled day to day operations as well as new business for the company. This was a company that handled real estate contracts, management consulting and new opportunities for clients.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
extreme long hours
An o.k company to work for
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 16, 2015
A typical day involves going to rental properties and repairing/ maintaining them to working order as well as, working on emergency on call repair (pipe bursting, flooded basement etc), side jobs during slow days. Skills learned are, Plumbing, Carpentry, Flooring, Roofing, Painting, Electrical, Appliance Maintenance, Cleaning, Landscaping, and Property Management.

Management could have been better, cut corners whenever possible, always went the cheapest route for every dollar spent. Quality work was rarely made possible due to the lack of available funds given.

Only 2 co-workers were always on time and did the best possible job, the others always left the job early, or sat around and did nothing while the rest of us struggled to get the job done on time.

The hardest part of the job is the constant stress of having 400+ apartment units, 200+ rental homes and a separate, privately owned high quality 36 unit apartment building.
The most enjoyable thing is the constant change, seeing something new every day, as opposed to sitting in one spot everyday seeing the same things.
Pros
Full $15 an hour, Flexible hours, side jobs
Cons
Zero benefits, just a paycheck
Fun and challenging with great opportunities for growth
Account Director: 2007-2014 (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLNovember 10, 2014
Miles is the leader in their industry, a very innovative and forward-thinking company that continues to grow. Open to change and flexible in their way of thinking they encourage entrepreneurship within their employees. There’s an emphasis on ownership which offers many opportunities:

--- Growth: You have the opportunity to grow your career and shape your own path within the company. There isn't a set growth structure you have to follow. If you want something you can get it. Within the seven-years I was with Miles I grew from a Project Manager to an Account Director, more than doubled my salary and could influence the number of accounts and revenue I was managing.
--- Challenge: With so much flexibility you can push and challenge yourself. You’re encouraged to explore new ideas and processes, to take risks and fail fast. If you want to try something new the answer is more often than not “yes”.
--- Exploration: You have the ability to explore different areas within the company and take on additional responsibilities. If you want to be a part of something you just have to ask.
--- Success: There’s a strong team culture. People are very talented, driven and care about what they do. Everyone is like minded in that they want to work together to do the best job possible. With the work being project based you can gain a real sense of achievement and success is celebrated.

With ownership come tremendous opportunities but also a great deal of responsibility which can be stressful. It’s fast paced and can be very demanding – you’re in an agency environment on client deadlines.
  more... Everyone works incredibly hard and fast. You have to be comfortable asking questions and confident to speak up. Those most successful are team players, solution orientated and proactive both in their work and personal growth. There’s great support and everyone wants to help you – you just have to raise your hand and ask for it.

With Miles I gained incredible experience and grew my career fast. It has opened up many opportunities for me and I only left the company to pursue a career in a different industry.
Bullying Management, No Work/Life Balance
Manager (Former Employee) –  Superior, COAugust 26, 2014
Employees are given an unreasonable workload, amounting to likely 12 hour days and criticized when it is not completed, expected to work at least 10 hour days and criticized for not catching up on weekends.

The compensation and benefits do not create an incentive to work the unreasonable work load expected.

There are several bullies in key management positions and they are not effective or kind, in fact they come off as incredibly insincere. Many employees, including myself, have been subjected to inappropriate rants from a VP.

From experience I would highly recommend not accepting a role here or even believing the job postings about how wonderful the company is, or how wonderful the work/life balance is, because it is absolutely not.

Miles has a very high turnover rate - a good example of the conditions not being right.

To be fair, there are a lot of good people at this company, but the management style and imposed work load outweighs anything good it has to offer.
Oppressive, fear-based company culture
Designer (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLNovember 21, 2013
With over 20 years experience in the publication and advertising industry, this is the WORST COMPANY I have ever worked for. It has an oppressive, fear-based management team and as a result has a "rotating door" of employees. You either work 50-80 hours a week, plus a weekend day or both or you're not considered a "Team Player". If you worked on holidays such as Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day or the alike or you worked while sick with the flu, you were applauded. If you didn't... you were quietly placed on the "excrement list" with no chance of promotion. I had fellow employees who had less than 5 years of experience promoted over me because they worked the ridiculous, stress-filled hours and overbearing workload PUSHED on them by management. And, they did it because they were fresh out of school, had little experience and were scared.

I won Gold and Silver Addy Awards for projects where I was the LEAD designer. Although, I was not invited to the Addy Awards ceremony by my supervisor while others in the department were secretly invited. It was not until a week after the ceremony/dinner when the award certificates appeared at the company, I found out about the Addy Awards ceremony. The reason for not inviting me I believe... I didn't comply with the oppressive work culture at Miles. I went home after working 9 - 12 hours every day, I didn't work weekends or holidays.

I had younger employees in my department that I tried to convince that not all publishing companies are like Miles Media. They didn't believe me UNTIL... THEY LEFT Miles and worked someplace else. Then
  more... they told me I was right about Miles Media.  less
Pros
I can't think of any...
Cons
NO LIFE-WORK BALANCE at Miles Media Group
Not good balance of work and home life
Advertising & Data Manager (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLApril 7, 2013
Always expected to give 200% but don't recognize when you do. Not a good balance of work and home/family life.Good a piling on more responsibilities with out compensation.
Work Hard
Manager (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLFebruary 17, 2013
Everyone at Miles works hard and is expected to work long hours and give 200% at all times. It is a hard working and innovative company, but at times it can seem that management forgets people need a balance in life and employees quickly burn out.
Productive & Fun workplace
SR CREDIT ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Superior, COJanuary 2, 2013
Exciting and dynamic company, the are the premier publisher of giude books for destinations around the United States and the world.