The Sales Director // Leasing Agent // Leasing Consultant is responsible for effectively implementing the leasing and marketing program, to promote the positive image of the apartment community and to assist management with resident programs and retention.
Apartment Leasing Agent Qualifications:
- Apartment management and/or sales experience preferred.
- High School education or equivalent.
- Ability to read, write and comprehend the English language.
- Mathematical skills (high school level) in order to calculate prorations.
- Possesses excellent telephone and communication skills.
- Competent ability with personal computer- Microsoft Office
- Must possess valid driver’s license.
Apartment Leasing Agent Essential Functions:
- Maintains a detailed knowledge of the apartment community, amenities and community.
- Provides a daily inspection of show apartments and model appearance.
- Handles all aspects of leasing apartments, including greeting prospective residents, touring the community, closing the sale, processing applications in a timely manner, typing leases, following up with prospects, obtains signatures for completion of leases/paperwork prior to move-in.
- Consistently documents prospect phone and email contacts; accurately completes the market survey.
- Collects and secures rental payments.
- Produces reports in a timely, accurate and complete manner, including the monthly market survey, locator log and commission sheets.
- Assist in Craigslist marketing; Monitors the accuracy of advertisements and takes appropriate action to correct; Accurately and consistently documents traffic marketing sources; Assist in leasing events and promotions.
- Maintains organized community office files.
- Maintains working knowledge of Fair Housing laws, rules, and regulations concerning apartment leasing and management.
- Handles or assists in the receiving, recording, preparation and follow up of service requests.
- Assists in the inspections of vacant apartments and takes appropriate action to prepare them for leasing.
- Promotes resident retention by assisting with the renewal program.
- Performs daily inspection of common areas and community amenities.
- Reports any observed maintenance problem.
- Must assist and attend resident functions.
- Must have reliable transportation in order to conduct market surveys, attend meetings, visit area businesses, purchase and pick up supplies for resident and community functions.
- Must have mode of communication in which to be contacted at home and to respond in cases of emergency.
- Must be available for overtime, weekend, holiday and evening work.
- Must be willing to be assigned to other Milestone managed communities as needed.
- Travel and overnight stays are required.
About the Company
Milestone Management is one of the country's largest residential property management firms, providing management services throughout the United States. The firm utilizes its in-house expertise to perform leasing, marketing, accounting, legal and financial analysis services. The company also focuses on asset value enhancement through capital improvements and strategic repositioning programs.
Milestone Management is the residential management arm of Milestone Apartments REIT, a publicly traded open-ended trust on the Toronto Stock Exchange. Headquartered in Dallas, Milestone Management maintains regional offices in Austin, Fort Worth, Houston, Jacksonville, Nashville, Orlando, Phoenix and Tampa.
Indeed - 14 months ago
Milestone Management is one of the largest privately owned residential property management and investment companies in the U.S. Our...