Milestone Management is one of the country's largest residential property management firms, providing management services throughout the United States. The firm utilizes its in-house expertise to perform leasing, marketing, accounting, legal and financial analysis services. The company also focuses on asset value enhancement through capital improvements and strategic repositioning programs.
Milestone Management is the residential management arm of Milestone Apartments REIT, a publicly traded open-ended trust on the Toronto Stock Exchange. Headquartered in Dallas, Milestone Management maintains regional offices in Austin, Fort Worth, Houston, Jacksonville, Nashville, Orlando, Phoenix and Tampa.
The Leasing Manager is responsible for providing leasing and marketing expertise and leasing support to the community and its associates, and to help reach the communities objectives.
- High school education or equivalent.
- Able to read, write, and comprehend the English language.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Basic knowledge of office equipment (i.e. personal computer, typewriter, calculator and fax machine).
- Valid driver’s license.
- Previous experience in property management and leasing preferred with proven closing ratio must be consistently 50% or higher.
- Leadership and team building skills.
- Must pass a pre-employment aptitude test.
- Keep informed and comply with all company policies and procedures as outlined in the Operations Manual.
- Assist in off-site and on-site promotions, including assisting and attending resident functions.
- Assist with planning and implementing resident retention and renewal programs.
- Implement and coordinate off -site marketing programs with preferred employers to promote Milestone communities.
- Assist with creating and implementing 90-day and 120-day community marketing plans.
- Lead leasing staff, by example, of exceptional leasing and closing skills.
- Train, motivate, and provide support as mentor to Sales Directors.
- Maintain detailed knowledge of the community and its amenities and updates of the surrounding communities.
- Generate traffic to a community that minimally approaches 10% of the unit count per week.
- Maintains updated Market Survey, with a full understanding of marketplace.
- Keep informed of changes in Fair Housing laws, rules, and regulations concerning apartment leasing and management.
- Always be courteous, helpful, and professional while representing Milestone to residents, prospective residents, and co-workers.
- Assist the Community Director with marketing, and special projects, as needed.
- Adhere to and comply with company safety policies and rules, and utilize safety equipment as required.
- Must portray a clean, neat, well-groomed professional appearance. Company-approved attire is required with a nametag worn in plain sight when at work.
- Must have reliable transportation to conduct marketing, attend meetings, and pick up supplies for resident and community functions.
- Must be available for overtime, weekends, holidays, and evening work.
- Assist with recruiting quality candidates to join Milestone.
- Assist Community Director with administrative functions.
- Obtain general understanding of financial statements.
- Must have mode of communication in which to be contacted at home and to respond in cases of emergency.
- Report any maintenance problems to appropriate staff.
- Assist other Milestone communities, as needed.
Indeed - 13 months ago
Milestone Management is one of the largest privately owned residential property management and investment companies in the U.S. Our...