Milestone Management Employee Reviews in United States

One of the best Managers and Maintenance Staff I've ever worked with
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 17, 2016
The work environment was fun, exciting, positive and all the staff got along with eachother.
It was easy to work for the Manager at that particular property. She was a positive influence and I learned a lot about the business from her.
The maintenance staff was amazing and were professional, fun and easy to communicate with.
I would say this is one job that has had the most value
Pros
Great Management and Benefits

Comment – March 29, 2016

Thanks for the great feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to review us.

loved the job
Assistant Community Director (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 4, 2016
Posting payments, validation, deposit accounting, collection. I learned a lot. Management was ok. Co-workers was ok. The hardest part of the job was losing it. The most enjoyable of the job was having it.

I was told I will have a job after me filling in for a co-worker on Maternity Leave, but was just told that she is coming back, and they have no where to put me, and my last day is the 15th of April.
Pros
Loved my position
Cons
no job security
Great company to work for
Assistant Community Director (Current Employee) –  Westminster, COJuly 18, 2016
I love Milestone Management, and I thought I would finish out my career with them, but life is leading me to California, and they have no West Coast assets.
Pros
Great commission/bonus structure
Cons
Hourly pay lower than median, no West Coast assets
good experience personaly
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 17, 2015
supervised a 608 unit apartment community, had a good crew overall, and good support from management. it was alot of work but I enjoyed the fact that we had a large crew of 6 maintenance, and 5 office staff. i enjoyed getting to know all of my team mates and the different personalities
Pros
big property, great pay
Cons
property sold
Alot of Potential
Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 7, 2015
My particular office was very get with the program or your out/very clique-ish. The most disappointing thing, which may speak for the industry is that your goal is to get new tenants. Once you have them signed to a lease, they are not your first priority anymore.

Other properties seemed to operate a little different, so each office has its own vibe, and management style.
Pros
Good starting pay and benefits
Cons
management differs at each apartment complex
Professional and knowledgable work environment
Assistant Community Director (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 30, 2015
Milestone Management was a great company to work for. I got to know alot of great , talented people within the corporate office and at the Austin properties. Everyone in the company are very understanding and willing to help you with any situation. I also learned alot from this company. They offered quite a few training classes to learn the business or to even get a refresher. It was always great attending their classes. They keep it fun. Milestone is a really great company to work with.
MileStone Management has great potential to be a top company.
Government Liaison (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 11, 2014
A typical day reviewing projects underway. Submitting new projects for building and engineering permits. Representing clients before Agency Planning Commissions and City Councils.

The most satisfying part of the job was seeing your work approved and under construction.

There are many hours of work needed to meet your deadlines and much of it is unnoticed by your clients however it can be a rewarding job.

Pay fluctuates with the market. The more Clients and projects the more pay. Unfortunately with the market benefits are scarce.
Pros
open schedule. travels frequently
Cons
are you kidding....but im still here.unfortunate huh!
(Bench) upgrade,lead,turn I done it all here (Current Employee) –  atlantaJune 3, 2013
so you get this training (so called) by a guy who shows up, drunk, farts, and praises himself.The company is set to these values that no one follows, you work with manager that purposely mislead residents....and sets you up for failure anyone thinking of working or living here...., don't!
most of the good comments on here or glassdoor are by the people who works in the office, you know who you are! I work for this company now and I wish I had nicer things but I don't.
Pros
hah!
Cons
dont waste your time
Great Company that cares!
Assistant Community Director (Current Employee) –  TXNovember 17, 2014
Wonderful supervisors who support and encourage their teams. Professional work environment. Great co-workers. The company as a whole is a wonderful company to work for. They truly care about their residents and quality of employees.
Pros
benefits, co-workers, on going training.
Cons
expanding out of state. minimal room for advancement without relocating.
Great company with room for personal growth!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 28, 2013
The team at the corporate office was always available for assistance with on site operations. They are a very organized company with the same work practices and policies enforced at all properties! If you work hard and prove yourself there is plenty of room for advancement.
Pros
they will pay for continuing education/certifications/training. great team!
Cons
none!
A waist of time.
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Westminster, CoAugust 14, 2013
Keep looking, this is the only property in Colorado. NO ADVANCEMENT opportunities. They only promise that they will purchase soon. The office is always closed, even though maintenance still has to work. Then you will get talked to if you don't go out and drink with the staff. As long as the girls are out drinking everything is good. . The so called property manager is never at work and when she is you better hope you didn't miss anything cause it does roll down hill.
Regionals are never there once a year. The place is falling apart. Besides the paycheck there was nothing I can say that was nice.
Pros
lunch
Cons
no advancement
Overall a good company
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 13, 2012
I was brought over to Milestone from The Shelter Group . When I started Milestone I found out I was pregnant . I had a really diffucult pregnancy and went out on leave early. When I came back my assistant manager job was replaced by someone new. I was demoted with no reasoning why, it was said because someone needed to fill my position because the numbers were going down. My salary was dropped. I was not pleased so I put in my 2 weeks.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
lots of stress to meet numbers
I still love coming to work everyday!
Regional Training and Marketing Director (Current Employee) –  Corporate HeadquartersApril 1, 2013
I have been with Milestone for approx. 7.5 years. I began onsite as a leasing agent for Milestone and with a little fire, a lot of persistence, and tremendous support from my supervisors, was presented with various career growth opportunities within the company - I've been in my "dream job" for the last 4.5 years. I wouldn't spend so much of my time here if I weren't completely in love with the company, people, and all that they stand for.
Pros
super awesome people, advancement opportunities, empowerment
Productive work environment and friendly atmosphere
Sales Director/ Event Coordinator (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJanuary 28, 2015
A typical day at work involves answering phone calls, greeting prospective residents, as well as current residents. I do our online marketing, and I handle the various lease files I attained the day before. I've learned how to organize, multitask, and handle all kinds of problems. My co-workers are wonderful people, who have taught me an immense amount about myself, business, and life in general. The hardest part of my job is definitely handling irritated people, and people who want things we can't offer. The most enjoyable part of my day is finding someone a home that they will be happy and content in.
Pros
free fitness center, flexible hours, decent commission pay scale
Cons
confrontational residents, lack of authority
One of the best management companies in the apartment industry to work for
Community Director (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasJanuary 15, 2015
I have learned so much working with Milestone Management. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people that I worked for and with.
Like one big Modern Family
VP of Marketing and Training (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TexasMarch 20, 2013
I started as a leasing agent years ago and have loved this business ever since. I have been her for 16 years and am grateful for the opportunities I have been given. I enjoy working with those around me and watching them grow, much like I have over the last 16 years.

Great environment and team spirit!
Pros
401k contributions, benefits
Challenging Property with very good overall results.
Customer Service Leasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 31, 2014
The property consisted of 1,056 units, being renovated and many residents had to move due to various reasons. This company welcomed out of the box thinkers. I was able to use my creative marketing talent to increase the occupancy from 40% to 98% when property sold. Each day applicants, residents, vendors and co - workers were greeted with a smile in person or over the phone. We practiced putting in smile I our voice. We toured applicants to see our model apartments and encouraged them to lease with Milestone.
Answered over 200 phones calls daily as well as making outbound follow-up calls. We were responsible for keeping Craigslist updated.
I was responsible for supervising five employees was work great together as a team.

The hardest part of the job was getting the drugs off property. But we
did with the help of law enforcement.

The most enjoyable part of the job was turning lemons into lemonade. ( Resolving resident concerns and handling irate residents complaints)
Pros
i worked with an awesome group of people.
Cons
the distance from home was 50 miles both ways.
Loved working here with all the staff
Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Euless, TXMarch 10, 2014
This was a great community!!! However it was a "B" property all of the communities run by Milestone were "B" properties so not much opportunity for advancement. I did pass up two Assistant Community Director positions.. Absolutely loved this job just not enough money.
Pros
staff was amazing!
Cons
no chance of opportunity for advancement
A Learning Lesson
Sales Director (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 17, 2014
I have learned a lot from Milestone. I learned time management, how to work alone and to work as a team. Hardest part to my job is telling someone they do not qualify for an apartment. The highlight to my job is of course giving a new resident their keys to their new apartment.
company great.....managers not so much
housekeeper/make ready/anything they needed (Former Employee) –  houston txNovember 14, 2013
I worked there 6 1/2 years doing any job they threw at me....manager never satisfied. Employment constantly threatened and not appreciated. Felt more like a slave than part of a team.
Pros
benefits and bonuses
Cons
managers that are kept on staff for their ability to lie to residents and keep money flowing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Milestone Management. Our community is ready to answer.

Milestone Management Reviews by Location