Milestone Management Employee Reviews in United States

Great company to work for
Assistant Community Director (Current Employee) –  Westminster, COJuly 18, 2016
I love Milestone Management, and I thought I would finish out my career with them, but life is leading me to California, and they have no West Coast assets.
Pros
Great commission/bonus structure
Cons
Hourly pay lower than median, no West Coast assets
loved the job
Assistant Community Director (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 4, 2016
Posting payments, validation, deposit accounting, collection. I learned a lot. Management was ok. Co-workers was ok. The hardest part of the job was losing it. The most enjoyable of the job was having it.

I was told I will have a job after me filling in for a co-worker on Maternity Leave, but was just told that she is coming back, and they have no where to put me, and my last day is the 15th of April.
Pros
Loved my position
Cons
no job security
One of the best Managers and Maintenance Staff I've ever worked with
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 17, 2016
The work environment was fun, exciting, positive and all the staff got along with eachother.
It was easy to work for the Manager at that particular property. She was a positive influence and I learned a lot about the business from her.
The maintenance staff was amazing and were professional, fun and easy to communicate with.
I would say this is one job that has had the most value
Pros
Great Management and Benefits

Comment – March 29, 2016

Thanks for the great feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to review us.

good experience personaly
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 17, 2015
supervised a 608 unit apartment community, had a good crew overall, and good support from management. it was alot of work but I enjoyed the fact that we had a large crew of 6 maintenance, and 5 office staff. i enjoyed getting to know all of my team mates and the different personalities
Pros
big property, great pay
Cons
property sold
Alot of Potential
Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 7, 2015
My particular office was very get with the program or your out/very clique-ish. The most disappointing thing, which may speak for the industry is that your goal is to get new tenants. Once you have them signed to a lease, they are not your first priority anymore.

Other properties seemed to operate a little different, so each office has its own vibe, and management style.
Pros
Good starting pay and benefits
Cons
management differs at each apartment complex
Professional and knowledgable work environment
Assistant Community Director (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 30, 2015
Milestone Management was a great company to work for. I got to know alot of great , talented people within the corporate office and at the Austin properties. Everyone in the company are very understanding and willing to help you with any situation. I also learned alot from this company. They offered quite a few training classes to learn the business or to even get a refresher. It was always great attending their classes. They keep it fun. Milestone is a really great company to work with.
Productive work environment and friendly atmosphere
Sales Director/ Event Coordinator (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJanuary 28, 2015
A typical day at work involves answering phone calls, greeting prospective residents, as well as current residents. I do our online marketing, and I handle the various lease files I attained the day before. I've learned how to organize, multitask, and handle all kinds of problems. My co-workers are wonderful people, who have taught me an immense amount about myself, business, and life in general. The hardest part of my job is definitely handling irritated people, and people who want things we can't offer. The most enjoyable part of my day is finding someone a home that they will be happy and content in.
Pros
free fitness center, flexible hours, decent commission pay scale
Cons
confrontational residents, lack of authority
One of the best management companies in the apartment industry to work for
Community Director (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasJanuary 15, 2015
I have learned so much working with Milestone Management. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people that I worked for and with.
Challenging Property with very good overall results.
Customer Service Leasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 31, 2014
The property consisted of 1,056 units, being renovated and many residents had to move due to various reasons. This company welcomed out of the box thinkers. I was able to use my creative marketing talent to increase the occupancy from 40% to 98% when property sold. Each day applicants, residents, vendors and co - workers were greeted with a smile in person or over the phone. We practiced putting in smile I our voice. We toured applicants to see our model apartments and encouraged them to lease with Milestone.
Answered over 200 phones calls daily as well as making outbound follow-up calls. We were responsible for keeping Craigslist updated.
I was responsible for supervising five employees was work great together as a team.

The hardest part of the job was getting the drugs off property. But we
did with the help of law enforcement.

The most enjoyable part of the job was turning lemons into lemonade. ( Resolving resident concerns and handling irate residents complaints)
Pros
i worked with an awesome group of people.
Cons
the distance from home was 50 miles both ways.
MileStone Management has great potential to be a top company.
Government Liaison (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 11, 2014
A typical day reviewing projects underway. Submitting new projects for building and engineering permits. Representing clients before Agency Planning Commissions and City Councils.

The most satisfying part of the job was seeing your work approved and under construction.

There are many hours of work needed to meet your deadlines and much of it is unnoticed by your clients however it can be a rewarding job.

Pay fluctuates with the market. The more Clients and projects the more pay. Unfortunately with the market benefits are scarce.
Pros
open schedule. travels frequently
Cons
Great company to work for.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXNovember 20, 2014
Post rent payments, coded bills, walked property and units
Great Company that cares!
Assistant Community Director (Current Employee) –  TXNovember 17, 2014
Wonderful supervisors who support and encourage their teams. Professional work environment. Great co-workers. The company as a whole is a wonderful company to work for. They truly care about their residents and quality of employees.
Pros
benefits, co-workers, on going training.
Cons
expanding out of state. minimal room for advancement without relocating.
Unprofessional Supervisors
Community Director (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 6, 2014
It's extremely difficult to be proud of a company you are employed with if your immediate Supervisor and higher ups create a middle school environment in the work place. Employees who choose not to party with the superiors are shunned and bullied. Very hard to take them serious when the supervisors arrive to work hung over. Unprofessional and unhealthy work environment.
Pros
training from corporate staff
Cons
immature supervisors
very busy and stable.
Maintenance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 27, 2014
most co-workers were outstanding, with an understanding nature. constantly busy and always tried to have a positive atmosphere. learn a lot to do with residential day to day procedures. Along with understanding the maintenance field operations and priorities.
Pros
ability to move up in the company and the willingness of supervisors to take that chance
Cons
amount of assistance i was able to provide to residents
A Learning Lesson
Sales Director (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 17, 2014
I have learned a lot from Milestone. I learned time management, how to work alone and to work as a team. Hardest part to my job is telling someone they do not qualify for an apartment. The highlight to my job is of course giving a new resident their keys to their new apartment.
Very Productive company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas TexasApril 15, 2014
Milestone is that company that molds you into a stronger person.
Loved working here with all the staff
Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Euless, TXMarch 10, 2014
This was a great community!!! However it was a "B" property all of the communities run by Milestone were "B" properties so not much opportunity for advancement. I did pass up two Assistant Community Director positions.. Absolutely loved this job just not enough money.
Pros
staff was amazing!
Cons
no chance of opportunity for advancement
Service and maintain all repairs
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 7, 2014
I call and schedule vendors and contractors daily. troubleshoot and repair anything related in the hvac, plumbing, or electrical field.
Responds to resident service request and concerns in a timely manner
Asst Maitenance (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX 75287January 10, 2014
Works closely with management and maintenance staff in developing an integral team that effectively represents me
company great.....managers not so much
housekeeper/make ready/anything they needed (Former Employee) –  houston txNovember 14, 2013
I worked there 6 1/2 years doing any job they threw at me....manager never satisfied. Employment constantly threatened and not appreciated. Felt more like a slave than part of a team.
Pros
benefits and bonuses
Cons
managers that are kept on staff for their ability to lie to residents and keep money flowing

Milestone Management Reviews by Location