Milgard Manufacturing

Milgard Manufacturing Employee Reviews

Production Worker-kansas (Former Employee), Tualatin, ORApril 7, 2015
This business understood its employees and worked with them to achieve a common goal. Great place to work overall. Would recommend this place to anyone at any time.
Productive environment
Prepper/Packer (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: occasinal free lunches
Cons: unforgiving time card issues
Workflow sufficiency is adequate. I learned to further my knowledge in shipping and handling duties within the warehouse environment. Management and coworkers are that of close-knit team profession.
hard work for no pay
production (Current Employee), SacramentoFebruary 9, 2015
They expect mandatory overtime, an pay you basically minimum wage. When you can get better pay elsewhere..... For that type of work!!!
Short sighted management.
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Fife, WAFebruary 7, 2015
Cons: incompetent management, low wages.
Management is out of touch with realities of day to day of the production floor. Training of employees has taken a back seat while expectations have continued to grow. Specifically the trainer position at my location was eliminated completely while their quality requirements continued to grow to an extent that exceeded the capabilities of their employees and even their chosen technology. The lean culture is a joke and more of a check the box activity than a true continuous improvement effort.

Historical accounts of employees who have risen to management from the production floor are commonplace, but no longer seem to be realities. Don't expect much for career growth in this company. Wages also seemed poor for industry peers.
Expectations Don't Meet Reality
Anonymous (Former Employee), Tacoma, WADecember 1, 2014
Pros: great employees, great benefits, all warehouse personnel are amazing
Cons: too many managers/supervisors/leads, no training, no family/life during summer (to include weekends and some holidays)
I loved working with the company. The employees were my drive and learning what they knew made the days go quick. Everyday was different being that we make custom windows and everyone was always learning. BUT, micromanagement is a huge problem there as well as they expect that every window take the same time to produce i.e. a small picture window to a 7ft x 12ft custom window. Then question why weren't – more... we able to meet our UPH Goals. They Preach safety yet they have us working 12 hours a day 6 days a week and still expect these outlandish goals. They blame it on the employees that are quitting and getting fired but in reality it's the company's pressure and expectations.

Lastly, the training. There is none. They have Job Instructed Trainers (that normally work on the line) to train new employees, but also expect them to still work on the line and hit their hourly goals. Not effective. Takes 3 times longer to train someone like that. Most new employees are just thrown onto the line and left there to figure out what to do. If they make it, great; if they don't, they're gone! There's a review down below that said it took them 2 months to get trained. That's insane. – less
High pressure and a lot of overtime required.
SERVICE COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Sacramento, CASeptember 22, 2014
Pros: milgard is supposed to be one of the most desirable companies to work for, but i did not get that impression.
Cons: there were a lot of rules to comply with, besides the company philosophy that even the managers do not practice themselves.
I worked in the Warranty Service Department at the Sacramento plant and it was an extremely high pressure call center environment. It was never mandatory, nor was I informed during the hiring process, but the job required 10-12 hour days plus working Saturdays to keep up with the work load. All the coordinators were under a lot of pressure on a daily basis to keep up with their work while taking consecutive phone calls all day long. I suppose some people like this sort of job, but it was not for me. The supervisor had a negative focused style of management. They really need robots to work there that have no feelings or life outside of Milgard.
lovely people, works with you if you need time off
Manufacture (Current Employee), Tacoma, wa.August 21, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: works weekend, long hours (mostly in summer). gets hot in buildings
a day at milgard is hard, most of us have a lot to do everyday jumping form one thing to the next, but all the people there are fun to work with. starting here i learned more then i thought i would, learning everything from what to look for on a window to doing SDL. my co-workers are the best they are more then people i work with they are my friends like a little family. the hardest part of the job would have to be the long hours in the summer. but over all i am happy that i got a job here, the work gets easy with in 1 or 2 mouths as long a you make friend there.
Very big company with lots of managers
Production scheduling (Current Employee), Tacoma, WAJuly 8, 2014
Milgard is a corporately owned company with lots of managers and leads. It is very hard to advance and improve your salary. A lot is asked from its employees with minimal compensation.
hard working, Not too fun of a job.
Special windows and door builder (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJune 10, 2014
I feel that this company was the worse to there workers. its run like a sweat shop. the people that work there are not friendly and it does not pay great for the work you do.
Productive great culture
Receiving Supervisor (Former Employee), Aurora, COFebruary 3, 2014
• Managing material storage area which stored over 2.5 million dollars of inventory.
• Ensured an accurate cycle count. This ensured timely ability to manufacture windows and doors. Cycle count was 99% accurate.
• Responsible for scheduling raw material delivery to the manufacturing department daily.
• Hired/supervised and directly responsible for 7 direct reports.
• Developed and managed department budget
• Participated in Kaizen project which helped the department with process excellence.
• Developed and implement strategic planning for the receiving department
Good job HORRIBLE MANAGEMENT!
operator (Former Employee), dixon caJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: cool co workers
Cons: management, pay is low, no advancement, black outs on vacation, they wont work around your life/schedule and expect you to bend over backwards for them!
The Dixon location feeds your hopes and dreams when you first come in the door, that there is room to advance and move up in the company. Truth is everyone in the location employee wise was telling me to get out while I could, that there was no advancement, and that they treat you like they own you! I was worried and then started to see and experience it first hand! The graveyard supervisor was the worst... very smug, is a know it all and has only been with the company 2 months. In the meetings at the start of shifts was threating peoples jobs, and telling them that us as temps would take their jobs! crazy...glad I got out.
construction company & interesting how low margin is
Inside Service Analyst (Former Employee), Aurora, CONovember 5, 2013
Pros: construction business and very thin margins
Cons: glass very volatile and can loose money quickly if management not sharp
Created daily delivery driver routes for a southern Colorado territory. This included route development, assisting drivers with installation issues.
Glass is very heavy in bulk and will cut without much effort
Success-oriented manufacturer and wholesaler of Premium Vinyl Windows
Division Finance Manager (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAMarch 27, 2013
Drove profit improvements for glass tempering division while managing finance, accounting, credit, and inside sales. Managed teams in Washington and California. Division closed in 2011.
Strock Product Offering With Industry Leading Warranty
Sales Manager-Texas Region (Current Employee), Arlington, TXMarch 4, 2013
Pros: milgard employs industry leaders with a strong committment to customer service.
Cons: on-time-delivery has suffered through the down-turn.
Milgard is a leading supplier of Windows & Doors to the residential and light commercial industry. Product design, energy performance, and warranty service are where Milgard shines.
Loved this job
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Aurora, ILNovember 29, 2012
Cons: long hours some times.
Delivered windows to jobs sites. When it was slow i would work loading my truck for day or the next day. And help in the warehouse putting orders in the racks. Managment was great to work with co-workers was great to work with. The hardest part of the job was lifting large windows by yourself when i was sent out by myself. It wasn't a really a hard job so when i would leave work i wasn't tired, so i was able to spend time with my wife and kids.
fast pace work. Makes the day go by fast
Production Worker (Former Employee), Fife, WASeptember 9, 2012
Pros: good benefits, good pay
Cons: early starts and a lot of overtime
Input sizes in computor, wash grid, put together, cut pieces as needed.Worked with alot of nice people. Had great management. The hardest part of the job was the long days.
enjoyed people that i worked with
Production Worker (Former Employee), Fife, WASeptember 6, 2012
Pros: full time, good benefits
Cons: long hours
Worked in production, nice people to work for, good benefits,The hours were a little early. i learned that things are not as hard as they look.
Fun and exciting place to work.
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Henderson, NVSeptember 4, 2012
This was my best employer, they treat you with respect and really take care of their associates, they have some awesome programs to further your development and really have a grip on LEAN manufacturing.
Fast paced, heavy work
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee), Temecula, CAAugust 28, 2012
Pros: monthly bonuses
Cons: short staffed
On a typical day, we would load 1100 windows with a 7 man team.
We would work anywhere from 8 to 15 hours in one shift.
Didn't last long enough
Shipping Manager (Former Employee), Aurora, COAugust 27, 2012
Pros: team work
Cons: job did not last as long as i would have liked
Enjoyed working as a team. Able to talk to management to work out on the job problems.

About Milgard Manufacturing

You won't hear Milgard Manufacturing say they don't do windows. Also known as Milgard Windows & Doors, the company makes windows – Read more

Milgard Manufacturing Salaries