Milgard Manufacturing Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
very productive and a fun place to work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Fife, WAAugust 30, 2017
My typical day at Milgard are always busy and fast paced but that keep me going and I like my job. I like how we work together as a team and the manager is seen on the production floor helping out. The manager always have new ideas for the employees to produce great products for our customers.
Pros
free lunches and great bonus
Cons
great health insurance
Painter heightest level
Painter level 3 (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 28, 2017
Horrible company to work for the management is a joke. Would not recommend anyone to work for them. Management cusses at you, down talks you, treats you like a peice of junk. High turnover rate would never tell someone to work there.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Management, leads, Hr.
Good place to learn a new skill and advance quickly
Production Lead/ Supervisor/ Manager (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAAugust 23, 2017
Meet with upper management and make reasonable projections giving the number of people available for the task. Very well-rounded with there training and mentoring scheduling. I learned management skills that I've use in various parts of my life and they have been very valuable in several different work fields.
Pros
Management that had great communication skills and practicle goals.
Cons
Scheduling time off was difficult due to our productions schedule and goals.
Highly competitive with own team/qty versus quality
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAJuly 31, 2017
I worked in the warranty service department. Was an environment where team mates competed against each other to close requests for service so quantity of requests closed was more the goal than providing quality customer service to homeowners. Training was bare and because of such a high turnover once you spent one to two weeks being trained you were on your own since they had to move on to new hires.
Pros
Cons
No support or proper training from supervisors or management.
First warehouse job
Sawyer, Fabricator, Door Assembler, IG (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJuly 24, 2017
This was my first job working in a warehouse. It was trial and error but I managed to learn a lot and enjoyed being around my coworkers. I feel the company treated me fairly and the management at the time were amazing.
Salary was not competitive
Support Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fife, WAJuly 3, 2017
I feel that the compensation was 20 to 25 percent lower than what it should be for all IT positions. The company does like to promote within, and that is always a bonus.
Pros
Promote within first
Cons
Non-competitive wages
Lovely family environment, great people.
Corporate Accounts Payable Manager (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJune 11, 2017
I was so sad when I lost my position as part of the 2008-09 market crash. I enjoyed my time spent there, and was honored to have worked with all of the Milgard family.
Large Corporate with Small Company Mindset
Engineering Manager - Quality (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJune 10, 2017
A typical day is spent identifying issues, trying to analyze them, and getting a solution to the root cause. I've learned more about working with others here than I have anything technical.

The management has recently changed as the conglomerate that owns us has high expectations. The hardest part of the job is accountability - if you hold yourself accountable, that's great, but management often doesn't hold others accountable. That IS changing now.

The culture of respect of others is awesome and it is hard to beat.
Pros
Increased upper management involvement
Cons
Factory-level employees often are churned quickly.
High paced work environment
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJune 9, 2017
Faced paced environment with a desire to put out one of the highest quality windows available. Definitely not for some one who doesn't want to put their full energy into work. Summers can get really busy, but the winter off-season can drain a lot of any money saved during peak times
Great company
Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJune 3, 2017
Great company to work for. Lots of opportunity to advance if you work hard and qualify. Good manufacturing processes. Overall great place to start a career.
Pros
Cons
Sometimes long hours
Would not recommend
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tualatin, ORMay 15, 2017
When issues are brought to management there is no follow up or follow through. There is no accountability when employees make the same errors over and over.
Hours reduced. Raise freeze.
Fun exciting
Paint Prep (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMay 9, 2017
I MISS THIS JOB it was fun well payed , perfect example of a company that knows how to take care of their employees! I would definitely recommend this as a place to work!
Pros
overtime
Cons
nothing
Work the swing shift with the freedom to prioritize and schedule accordingly.
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CA 93065April 13, 2017
Shipping and Receiving all manufacture items, Warehouse storage, Truck loading and delivery of products to customers and construction sites. Performed inventory activities to insure materials exist in the correct locations for easy extract when needed for loading.
Pros
Work without direct supervision.
Cons
Long commute.
Poor and disappointing ethics
Assemblyman (Current Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAApril 6, 2017
Have been here for a little over a year. Was told at time of hire, many opportunities to advance with good pay! Not! After reading other reviews, i do notice the racial favoritism and preference. Equipment that didn't work properly a year ago still does not work properly causing enormous amount of unnessassary extra work. They do not abide to their own quality standards and push out poor quality. Good talk, no action. Leads favor "their own" when it comes to horse play, cell phone use, tardiness, etc, and they just laugh it off. Safety is a big issue as they stress safety, but do not take action to address the daily work hazards such as hard, sharp, pointy corners of fiberglass and wood eye and face high. Vary high turnover rate. Poor pay. They will tell you point blank if you mention reviews or pay, "do what you have to do." Unorganized, disorganized and unprofessional! True, do not mention an improvement, suggestion or a solution to a lead or anyone. Because it is now "their" idea. Poor or no training whatsoever. Everyone gets paid the same, except those there a long time. So, you can do several things, which is what they want you to do (for no more pay) or you can do just what you were hired to do, 1 thing. Same pay period. Do not let then know you are versatile, you'll be doing numerous things for the same pay. I would never buy a Milgard product. From what i see, you can "yes" your way up. "Used" to have monthly bonuses, they took that away for a .25 raise for everyone across the board. They said it was better for employees. Seriously? Can barely get an 8 hour day in. Was  more... supposed to be booming in January, now April, it is slow as ever. EVERYTHING is only getting worse as previously mentioned. Looking real hard to get out of there ASAP. Don't expect to advance or be promoted. Was told by a well respected MGR, he's trying to change the Milgard Way of promoting "their own" and overlooking the people who work hard trying to earn a promotion. A temp job only, not a career job by any means.  less
Cons
Pay, advancements, promotions, lack of respect by leads
Overall good experience
Senior Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fife, WAMarch 10, 2017
Good company with great work/life balance. They stress volunteerism and have many opportunities to join in company events. I suggest the company consider the amount of time and energy spent investing in educating temporary staff of the business and products - and groom them for future openings within the company.
Pros
Stress work/life balance. Direct management seemed to genuinely care about their employees.
Cons
The term "tribal knowledge" is mentioned fairly often, sharing information would benefit productivity and education of new staff.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COFebruary 13, 2017
Milgard is a good place to work, they keep you busy a lot of over time offered.Management is good to work with, Window and Doors can get really heavy at times. Pay is good.
Not a stable company, teamwork is terrible,
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAFebruary 9, 2017
Dont work in milgard temecula, poor management,teamwork system is terrible, strict policy with no considerations, some employees are lazy and brown nose and they will depend on your hardwork, rudest company i ever worked for,
Bad company culture, high turnover
PURCHASING AGENT (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAFebruary 4, 2017
This was a terrible place to work. I was warned about the high turnover before I interviewed there. Lots of throwing people under the bus. Contentious work environment.
Fast paced, culture based
Production Coordinator (Current Employee) –  1010 54th ave east Fife, WA 98424February 2, 2017
It has its ups and downs as customer lists vary from day to day, i got to do alot of multitasking and even got alot of cross-training on different positions.
Pros
Fast paced and team work
Cons
Short breaks and compensation
Great people to work with
Administrative Coordinator/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 27, 2017
fast paced and mutli tasking on a daily basis, All good people to work with, all want to be there
Day started at 4:00 AM that was the hardest to get use to.
Good culture with all the employees
Pros
Great people
Cons
Better Dental

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Milgard Manufacturing. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9