Milgard Employee Reviews in United States

Productive work place, building windows and doors
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CA 92590April 7, 2016
Milgard is a great place to work a full time job, with good management, friendly co-workers, and a clean and safe work enviorment. Milgards cross training is on point and allows all employees to train and learn everything there is to know about the process of building windows and doors. The hardest part about working at Milgard would be the long shifts, and the easy part about woking at Milgard would be the other employees who are friendly and experienced.
Pros
Higher than minimum wage
Cons
Long shifts
Great workplace
IG Swing (Former Employee) –  Fife, WAJune 15, 2016
Shift supervisor is a great leader with an effective goal and plan to get the work needed to be done that day. Employees are good hard working people and are good communicators to make sure product is completed correct.
Overall just a bad company to work for
Production management (Current Employee) –  Simi ValleyAugust 26, 2014
Milgard has a very good name but it's all a Facade. For starters there is no room for advancement and no type of development program in place. I was expecting a world class company with opportunity to develop my career but that was not the case, training consisted of shadowing your peers and learning as you go. I was given a clip board and told "good luck". the technology available is ancient, ERP system is outdated I believe it's from the late 80's or early 90's it's a green screen with very little accuracy and limited control from inventory to sales orders to running reports. In addition to that drawing specs and configurations are very difficult to look up, only a select few have access and it makes work more challenging then is needs to be. The culture is very bad and that's from top to bottom, my employees, peers and coworkers never have anything positive to say about the company. Honestly I can go on and on about how bad this company is but it'll take too long. I just wish someone had warned me about Milgard before I accepted the position now I'm stuck. I feel my skills and intellect have diminished since I started working for Milgard.
benefits
Cons
everything else
Disappointing Management and Fellow Staff
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  DenverSeptember 26, 2013
Most employees are great and very helpful. There are a couple of people that are very rude and should not be training or managing people. Definately agree with the fact that they play favorites. I am very disappointed. They need probably a third to double more people to keep up with the work load. I was working 8-10 hour days and being told that wasn't enough.
Pros
great benefits and good pay!
Cons
way too many responsibilities for a new employee with nobody to assist.
pay is too low, hard labor, not a good place to work for
Operator (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 4, 2013
had some good friends, but higher management is bad, not a good place to work for, cannot raise a family.
Pros
had fun during the holidays.
Cons
low pay, hard labor
Dont work in production.
CNC Operator (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJuly 15, 2015
The other departments may be fine but production kind of sucks, co workers are fine.
everyone is quitting though, tired of being under payed and over worked, if i could do it over id avoid working here all together.
If you have to though just make sure its only a stepping stone
Pros
OT
Cons
OT
Productive and fast paced work place with exelent people.
Machine Operator/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Fife, WAOctober 22, 2014
A Typical day at Milgard is fast paced witch makes for a fast day. Ive learned how to spot defects on product and how to fix the problem. The Management is great always helpful and quick to solve any problem i had. i love my co-workers they are a great group of people always willing to lend a hand. the hardest part of my job would have to be all the training and testing.
Pros
my co-workers
Cons
doesnt care about personal well being
Not a fun environment...Management unfair
Receiving (Former Employee) –  Sacramento Ca.March 26, 2014
I was working in the Sacramento plant through a staffing firm for about 6 month in the Receiving department,unloading trucks and checking in orders...I was interviewed for a full time permanent position in the same department/same position I was working ...only to be told 2 days later I did not have enough experience for the position, and was released from my temporary position.
Pros
close to home, some good co-workers
Cons
management creates a hostile work environment
Friendly work environment
Receptionist/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fife, WAOctober 3, 2013
Being an employee for Milgard Windows&Doors was were I was able to review and learn a lot of new technical skills. My co-workers were eager to teach and allow me to grow. I was comfortable in the work environment to ask questions, meet vendors and learn how the process of shipping and handling company packages world wide. I had the pleasure of interacting with Executive staff, owners, and others that make the company as successful as it is.
Pros
my own workspace with desk/fast pace
Cons
healthcare
alot of work to be done no matter work area
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  fife, waOctober 31, 2014
the people you meet here will help you through your day to day work here,
Pros
great place to meet new people
Cons
management
hard work for to little pay!!!
production (Former Employee) –  SacramentoSeptember 6, 2014
They don't pay enough, an expect you to give them the world. You have no say so on the MANDATORY overtime. Day shift gets paid 9.50, Now that is a joke.
Cons
everything
great management and helpful employes
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Fife, WAAugust 6, 2013
I had fun working for milgard, the people there are helpful with everything and I learned a lot while I was there. I wish I could go back there but since im in school it would be hard to.
Pros
great place and the pay is great
Cons
n/a
great work place
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WashingtonAugust 17, 2013
my over all experience at milgards windows was just a lot of overtime. I loved working here just wanted to advance
good place
operator (Current Employee) –  Fife, WANovember 10, 2012
good place to work but needs more team work and less playing favorites.
Pros
monthly bonus
Cons
no team work when needed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Milgard. Our community is ready to answer.