Military Personnel Services Corporation Employee Reviews

Horrible after MPSC Scandal was uncovered
Family Readiness Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 15, 2015
Horrible after MPSC Scandal was uncovered, we were treated like the guilty parties. we lost our contract due to their greed!!
Productive and Positive environment!
FAMILY READINESS SUPPORT ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 7, 2015
Loved my job!
Trained non-paid volunteers to build Family Readiness Groups.
Briefed / Trained Command Teams on their Family Readiness Do's and Don'ts. Traveled to work with various Units. Worked drill weekends to be available for Soldiers and families. Assisted in obtaining resources to assist and support our military community.
Pros
Working with Soldiers and Families Everyday!
Cons
Getting Laid Off
Interesting Work, But Lack of Support & Benefits
Senior Family Readiness Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  United StatesOctober 1, 2015
While I enjoyed working with military families and the onsite military support staff, I do not feel I was given the appropriate tools to be successful or even knowledgeable about the job. I had to rely more so on my colleagues for giving me a clue as to what was required of the position.
Pros
Great onsite Military team
Cons
Benefits, Poor staff support, Lack of necessary training
Rewarding service to Soldiers, Veterans, and Family Members
Family Readiness Support Assistant (FRSA) (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 21, 2015
My office environment and supervision was professional and enjoyable. Due to my extensive knowledge of all aspects regarding Family Support Programs in the U.S. Army and it's growth over the past 30 years, the position and it's responsibilities came natural for me and I enjoyed working with New York National Guard Family Programs, the company's I supported, and the volunteers.

A typical day began by reviewing my daily planner for meetings, unit visits, and following up on previously unresolved issues. I worked with my regions Family Assistance Specialist (FAS) to assist Soldiers and Family Members with personal issues and getting the resources they need. Moments when I wasn't directly assisting Soldiers and their families, I prepared for upcoming events, reviewed policies and procedures, and managed stored resources (booklets, donations, etc).

The hardest part of the job is assisting Commanders and Volunteers with identifying and encouraging family members and others in our community to join or support Family Readiness Groups (FRGs). Contact information for family members is only as good as what the Service Members provide; therefore, contact is difficult to establish.

The most enjoyable part of the job is assisting a Soldier or family member with getting the assistance they need (for example, replacing a hot water heater, getting donated funds from local companies or organizations to have heat restored to a Soldiers home, etc). Some issues can't be resolved through family programs, but we are able to link them to a local service that can provide the assistance
  more... they need.  less
Pros
Helping Soldiers, Veterans, and Family Members
Cons
Limited by the regulations governing Family Programs, as FRG's are NOT a non-profit organization.
Facility Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJune 25, 2015
Family orientated company.
Good pay.
Nice people to work with.
Time off as needed.
Good Educations benefits.
What else do you want in a company?
The BEST
Yellow Ribbon Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 2, 2014
The absolute best company and people I've ever working with/for.
Preparing Citizen Soldiers
Ship QC (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 16, 2014
Enjoy helping citizens become a soldier. Preparing soldiers ship packet to make sure they are administrative correct. Seeing them come back from training and watching how they have grown and matured.
Pros
helping ours
Management Experience
Army Security Cooperation Program Analyst (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAFebruary 11, 2014
Very responsive management team, rewards performance. Allows room for independent thought/work and always uses feedback from the customer to judge employees.
Summary
Education, Incentives, & Employment Specialist (Current Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARJuly 9, 2013
A good company to work for, good core values that cares about their employee's. Very difficult to advance, but the company does take care of their employee's.
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
pay and benefits
It is about people.
Family Readiness Support Assistant (Current Employee) –  Christiansted, VIJune 3, 2012
MPSC gives you what you need to be the best at your job. They care about the employes.
Productive, enjoyed going into work
Administrative Assistant-Logistics (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAMay 25, 2012
Everyday was a busy day but the people I worked with was great. I learned inventory tracking, how to give a presentation and train other employees. I loved all of my managers and leaders, they were understanding, and fair managers. The hardest part of the job were the one or two people that made life difficult for everyone. the most enjoyable part of the job were the people I worked directly with every day.
Pros
our lunch meetings, and our team building trips
Cons
trouble makers
It's about people...
Senior Family Readiness Support Assistant (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILFebruary 25, 2012
This company is terrific and really does care for their team members.
Good to Get your foot in!
Pay Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 22, 2012
If you are looking for a job and are prior military, this is the company. The only downfall is that the employee does not earn quite enough leave/sick time every pay period. They are very strict on what they want from the employee which is good because of the contract. But be advised that if there are personal issues within the office they will not go to bat for you.
Pros
40 hr work weeks
Cons
lack of trust, not enough people to handle each state.