Millard Refrigerated Services

Millard Refrigerated Services Employee Reviews

cold
picker,packer (Former Employee), Streetsboro, OHJune 19, 2015
it was way to cold in that place not good managment. meet some nice people and got some good experiance. However i didnt care for the job in general.
very business like atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Jonesboro, ARApril 19, 2015
Pros: overtime, office manager
Cons: too much drama no room for advancement
typical day involved processing orders for nestle plant shipping and receiving trucks. I learned how to multitask and the programs they used. Management could use some work except for the office manager (she is great). shift managers were lazy and upper management the operations especially was two faced and very dramatic and also lazy. Co workers for the most part were great except a couple in the office that liked to feed on gossip and sometimes tried to push their work on you. Hardest part of job is having to pull orders if the food was not up par and be replaced. Most enjoyable was sometimes having flexibility in your work schedule and also the overtime.
Company no longer
Lead Person (Former Employee), Statesville, NCFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: benefits
Company has been sold but was a great company to work for and to advance with the company great people to work with management was a blessing to be around
Great Place to work
High Reach Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Theodore, ALFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: cool environment for summertime, good benefits, good people
Cons: slow periods during year
Great Place to work. Great environment. Pretty good chances of advancement. Cool place to work for summertime when it is extremely hot outside.
Solid Place to work
Traffic Associate (CSR) (Former Employee), Geneva, ILJuly 22, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: management
Was not the job for me. In the beginning it was a good place to work. In the end it just didn't work for Millard or myself.
Customer oriented company with great core team
WAREHOUSE SUPERINTENDENT (Former Employee), Attalla, ALJuly 21, 2014
Planning out day to day operations for 2 shifts in order to meet customer needs while providing a safe, team-oriented environment.
Horrendous
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Edwardsville, KSJune 8, 2014
Pros: pays good, full benefits, 401k, life insurance
Cons: everything else
Back stabbing, two-timing, sticky fingered, loose tongued, life sucking, snitches. thats the type of people you work around.
Productive and busy everyday.
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Geneva, ILMay 6, 2014
Pros: monthly lunches based on performance.
Cons: working weekends.
Set up plan based off of customer demands. During start-up meeting discuss plan and how to be sucessful during shifts. Management monitors throughout the day to react to any developments daily.
Truck carrier arrivals was the hardest part of the day due to scheduled appointments. I enjoyed all the challenges that were endured during my employment. All managers wwere helpful and I learned from them as well.
lots of hours
Inventory lead / analyst (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 2, 2014
Pros: lots of hours
Cons: lots of hours
7 day work weeks ! lots of turnover ! solid place to work. fair management team, keep your oponion to yourself, you will be fine ......smile
stabile work place
maintenance tech (Current Employee), batavia ilMarch 23, 2014
Pros: always 40hrs min
Cons: theres alot of favoritism
Good started job for young people who don't have much to pay for...
Great job
Inventory control (Former Employee), Geneva, ILMarch 4, 2014
A typical day would start at logging into the computer and find what is missing. Every month we should to cycle count the whole warehouse. I learned to operate a forklift.
Inventory Clerks BEWARE!
Inventory Control Clerk (Former Employee), Edwardsville, KSFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: diverse
Cons: overworked, short breaks
This job is such a misleading position. Upon getting hired for this position I thought it was going to be different. They paint a pretty picture as though its the best company around. They have NO trainers. Different people tell you so many ways on how to do something. No structure at all. They will work you until you drop and don't give one ounce about anyone especially their employees. They are some of the unorganized group of people I have worked for. We had a snow storm about a week ago where everything was basically shut down. I called them to advise them I am stuck at home and cannot come. They knew this as everyone was in the same situation. I live almost an hour away and there was no way I could make it in the blizzard. They told me to come to work anyways. Obviously I didn't make it and the next day they gave me points. Like are you serious. Businesses and companies were shut down. The company doesn't care and can careless what situation comes upon. They show no compassion whatsoever and then make you work double shifts 16hrs with a 30 min lunch. If you leave at your scheduled time then you get written up. Super pathetic. After a while I just got tired of it and decided to end my employment. Not worth all the stress.
Productuve place to work
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Typical day at work come in an setup for the whole day. Manage the whole operations.
good place to work
Facility Lead (Former Employee), Stateville ncFebruary 2, 2014
co workers are fine to work with. some of the management is on the buddy hire system.
Good first job
Load Planner (Current Employee), Omaha, NEJanuary 16, 2014
Came in with no Transportation experience. Typical day is busy, constantly multi tasking and problem solving.
Cold place to work
Forklift Driver/Picker (Former Employee), Jonesboro, AROctober 2, 2013
Pros: everone is nice to work with
Cons: very strick place to work for
Everyone is very friendly and willing to help if need it, also very stick on the breaks and on punching in and out for work
OK place to work
Picker (Current Employee), Springfield, OHSeptember 11, 2013
Pros: paid breaks, coats and boots provided
Cons: hours/schedule
Days are ok , Some of the hours are not the greatest. I have learned better skills with forklift and pallet walkie. Management was ok. Co-workers was all pretty friendly. Hardest part was probably the cold sometimes it will get to you but nothing you cant handle. The best part of job is getting to do new and different task throughout the day.
A easy going job.
Office Clerk Lead (Current Employee), Friona,TxAugust 28, 2013
Pros: free lunches. being my own boss.
Cons: no benfits
Go out and give estimates for jobs. Doing any billing that needed to be done, make call to people that still owed money. I would do on the accounting and payroll.
fast paced and fun place to work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Allentown, PAJuly 16, 2013
Very cold with it being a refrigerated warehouse. Learned many new ways to conduct my self and better my self as a Lift operator. Everyone was very enjoyable to work with
Experienced production manager
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee), Theodore, ALJune 22, 2013
Pros: hands-on and involved in the process
Cons: idle time or slow periods are unwelcome events.
Over the course of the past twenty 7 years I have been instrumental in two successful start-ups, building one plant from an initial 5 people to a plant of over 600 people. I have been an integral part in two computer installations along with input into programming and operator training. I really enjoy the challenges that have come with the opportunities of continuing production while expanding operations and taking on new products all at the same time.

About Millard Refrigerated Services

A leading temperature-controlled warehouse operator, Millard Refrigerated Services maintains about 275 million cu. ft. of refrigerated – Read more

Millard Refrigerated Services Salaries