Millard Refrigerated Services Employee Reviews

Unsafe and unprofessional
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PADecember 20, 2017
It was a very unsafe place to work equipment was unsafe as well as the equipment. It was a refrigerated warehouse that had numerous leaks from the roof that would create ice patches throughout the facility and the place was very dirty for a food storage facility.
Pros
Good earning potential if you have the time
Cons
Long hours and very dangerous
Good place to start a career
Lead CSR (Former Employee) –  Batavia, ILNovember 10, 2017
Great place to start your career. You have to be very dedicated due to hours are not set. Warehouse personal work well with the office. Management is understanding.
Pros
Good Career Start -Great Pay
Cons
Can have long hours
Big turnover with employees always doing more than 1 job.
Assistant Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, KSOctober 18, 2017
Very stressful due to being short handed. Good benefits and pay. The people and drivers were the best part of the job. Did not acknowledge hard work.
Great opportunity
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Fogelsville, PASeptember 6, 2017
It was a fast pace job with a lot of opportunity to make money. I enjoyed the opportunity but the wages were a little below the responsible expected. The company was good to the workers and made working for them challenging.
Pros
Alot of overtime
Cons
Had to make rate
Great Place if you dont mind -5 temp.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARAugust 14, 2017
MIllard was a Great place to work, only left because millard was underbid by Ryder and the transition brought the place to its knees, hours went from 5 days a week 40-45 hrs a week to 7 days 12 hours a day.
Pay was decent and has improved.
Opportunity for advancement was great.
Overall a great place to work.
Pros
Long Breaks, Several Discounts online, Cown Lifts
Cons
-5 Temp, unpredictable schedual, High Turnover
Busy all day long
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Geneva, ILJuly 18, 2017
I enjoyed working here because i had great supervisors and co-workers, I learned my different jobs in different departments. No hard times here. I enjoyed the time I worked here.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
To cold at times
Fast paced extreme environment
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Streetsboro, OHJune 26, 2017
Consistently challenging extremes in pace and temperature. The company culture made up for it with friendships and respect. Rewards based incentives helped support the positives with friendly competition.
decent place to work
Dock Worker/Dock Foreman (Former Employee) –  Batavia, ILJune 2, 2017
Millard was a good place to start out as a young guy looking for decent money and opportunity to support family. Work culture was good and management was fair.
INVENTORY CONTROL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Gaffney, SCMay 23, 2017
This company really cared about there employees and rewarded them for a job well done. They provided all the support that you needed to succeed at your job.
Pros
Atmosphere and support
A good place to work
Inventory Lead (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, TXApril 25, 2017
We would cycle count every customer we had once a week then at the end of the month we would compare with all the lost and damages we had and adjust some of that out
Close to my home
Shipping and Receiving office (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAFebruary 13, 2017
I worked in shipping and receiving and i enjoyed that position. After working there for about 3 years they made me move to customer service in which I did not want to change positions. The reason I was given was that I was being paid customer service pay which was more than shipping and receiving pay.
Pros
early hours when i worked in shipping and receiving
Cons
management sucked
Hi turnover rate
Checker/loader (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COFebruary 7, 2017
This company forces a lot of manual labor and overtime. It is a very tiring job and hard to keep up in day to day life with how much labor that is put forth for such low pay
Productive work environment
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 15, 2017
I enjoyed working for the Controller. I enjoyed the type of work I did and I increased my accounting and analytical skills. The offices had been completely renovated at the time I worked there and were modern and comfortable.
Pros
Competitive salaries
Cons
Unpleasant work environment
great place to work
Inventory Clerk/Assistant to Inventory Manager (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARJune 1, 2016
this company went out of business, there was room to move up in the company, great group of individuals to work with on all shifts.
Cons
cold
Great Place to Work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 3, 2016
In a typical day, the work was very easy and the people were friendly. I learned a lot about production and was very happy with the company.
Was a fun place to work in the beginning
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale TxOctober 23, 2015
the work in the beginning was a fun great place looked forward to going to work once they got bought out the place went south the moral wasn't there the team members started to not come to work they finally went out of business.
Pros
we use to have cookout and safety awards but all that stopped
Learned to use forklift and electric pallet jack
Sanitation (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAOctober 10, 2015
Loved that job, the pay was excellent, very good and professional co-workers. Fell back when the company was forced to lay off people
warehouse
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Geneva, ILJune 29, 2015
It was a cold storage warehouse. I was a forklift operator and I would load and unload trucks. I would also help the case pickers when needed.
cold
picker,packer (Former Employee) –  Streetsboro, OHJune 19, 2015
it was way to cold in that place not good managment. meet some nice people and got some good experiance. However i didnt care for the job in general.
very business like atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARApril 19, 2015
typical day involved processing orders for nestle plant shipping and receiving trucks. I learned how to multitask and the programs they used. Management could use some work except for the office manager (she is great). shift managers were lazy and upper management the operations especially was two faced and very dramatic and also lazy. Co workers for the most part were great except a couple in the office that liked to feed on gossip and sometimes tried to push their work on you. Hardest part of job is having to pull orders if the food was not up par and be replaced. Most enjoyable was sometimes having flexibility in your work schedule and also the overtime.
Pros
overtime, office manager
Cons
too much drama no room for advancement