Mille Lacs Health System Employee Reviews

Secure employer with good benefits and competitive pay.
Dietarty Aide/Cook (Former Employee) –  Onamia, MNJune 22, 2016
The pros :

Management: Fair, helpful, and friendly. Upper-management/Members of the board here were some of the nicest people I've met in my life.

Compensation: Base pay in my department was above other positions of similar qualifications. Solid benefits as well, 403b, healthcare, dental, vision, PTO.

Overtime: Depending on your department there can be a lot or none at all.

Security: Once again not all departments are the same but mine was very secure.

The cons:

Management rarely help-out if lower-level employees are struggling or understaffed.

My department was unionized and the raises were fixed and minute. This non-merit based system made it so very few employees put forth their best effort.

Lots of call-ins and open shifts. Employee turnover was very high in Nursing and Dietary.

The hardest part was the constant negative work environment. Many coworkers would complain. Furthermore "backstabbing" and gossip were a cornerstone of the culture there.

The most enjoyable part was the pay... The residents/patients there always had interesting stories to tell and they were a reason I took pride in my job.
Pros
Good benefits, good base pay, high job-security, overtime opportunities, good hours, every other weekend off.
Cons
Small raises, little to no room for advancement, negative work environment, undependable coworkers.
Great Place to work
DIRECTOR OF NUTRITIONAL SERVICES (Former Employee) –  Onamia, MNJanuary 26, 2016
I enjoyed the people and the managers at Mille Lacs Health System.
I was a manager there for almost 10 years. I wish I would of never left.
Pros
great people
Cons
No Cons
Horrible management
Scheduling (Former Employee) –  Onamia, mnOctober 25, 2015
No support from management. Very few standards enforced. They use two tracking systems that don't communicate with each other so there is a lot of redundancy. When you ask for a basic software modification, such as alphabetizing a list, you are told it can't be done. Employees talk about patients in a gossiping manner, extreme hippa violations daily.
Pros
Good lunches, they do support the community.
Cons
Don't do it.
Not a great work environment
RN (Former Employee) –  Onamia, MNAugust 23, 2014
Never again!!!! I don't recommend working here unless you want to be unhappy every day.....
Pros
Cheap lunch
Cons
Management, pay, horrible back stabbing co-workers.
Great job!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Onamia, MNJanuary 4, 2014
I love how well the staff work together. The staff make the difference for the lives of the residents.
Variety - working many different areas of health care
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Onamia, MNJuly 11, 2013

Enjoyed this job very much - suffered an injury and they wouldn't work me

Charge Nurse, Staff Nurse, Patient Educator, Pre-Surgical Coordinator, Home Care Nurse, Nursing Home Nurse

Charge Nurse for 8 years
Worked in emergency, operating room, pediatrics, obstetrics, med/surg, nursing home, ICU, cardiac rehab and assist with cardiac stress tests
any duties assigned
Pros
Fast paced environment
Cons
Difficult working with management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mille Lacs Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6