Provide overall management direction for existing projects and develop new business opportunities.
1. Plan, organize and staff key field positions.
2. Initiate and maintain liaison with client and A/E contacts, to facilitate construction activities.
3. Monitor/Control construction through administrative direction of on-site Superintendent to ensure project is built on schedule and within budget; investigate potentially serious situations and implement corrective measures.
4. Represent company in project meetings.
5. Manage financial aspects of contracts to protect company's interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with Client.
6. Review proposal specifications and drawings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate. Prepare discipline estimates by calcualating complete takeoff of scope of work.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS, & EXPERIENCE:
Educational and experience requirements include: Extensive (fifteen or more years) experience/knowledge of construction, estimating, design, finance and management required. Must be albe to apply innovative and effective management techniques to maximize employee performance. Thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, proceses, standards, etc. and their impact on project activities vital; superior communication and interpersonal skills essential. Significant business skill required. (Engineering Degree a plus)