Millennium Challenge Corporation

Millennium Challenge Corporation Employer Reviews

Great Place to Work
Contractor-Procurement Assistant (Current Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 4, 2014
This Company so far is pretty great!
A typical work day includes sending invoices to our accounting office from our vendors, distributing new contracts, scheduling meetings, etc.
Management is as transparent as they can be in their positions. The managers care about their staff and values input.
My colleagues are very professional, fairly friendly, – more... and knowledgeable.
The hardest part of this job is our busy season(Govt Fiscal Year End) because there are many deadlines to meet in a small amount of time.
The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know my colleagues. – less
Challenging
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Washington, DCApril 15, 2014
Pros: worked in a new area
Cons: limited due to the size
Our motto was reducing poverty through growth, and the focus on the beneficiaries made each day worth it.
Challenging exciting
Resident Country Director, US Embassy (Former Employee), Washington, DCMarch 16, 2014
Great place to work - very challenging and innovative - also very demanding
Demanding and challenging
Program Manager / Team Leader (Former Employee), Manila, P00July 29, 2013
Exciting infrastructure projects worldwide. Excellent salary

Details and short response time for reporting is the hardest part of the job
Top rated federal place to work
Audio/Video Administrator (Current Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 9, 2013
Pros: commitment to solving world poverty
Cons: extremely secure facility - every door, corridor, and floor requires coded entry
by the employees, ranked 5th in the federal system. Staff is most attentive to the mission and all relate well - respect is given to all staff.
Productive and fun workplace
Chief Information Officer Intern (Current Employee), Washington, DCOctober 8, 2012
As the current Information Technology Intern for the Chief Information Officer, I have learned the following technologies: SQL Server 2008 R2, Business Intelligence Development and Maintenance, SharePoint, and MS SQL Server Management Studio. On a daily basics, I use Business Intelligence Development and Maintenance to develop graphical reports including – more... charts and graphs. Also I use MS SQL Server Management Studio to manipulate the databases. Last but least I have my own SharePoint page in which I display my reports. I enjoy working here as a intern because the people make me feel like I'm apart of the company. – less
A gratifying experience
Archaeologist for Millennium Challenge Corporation (Former Employee), El SalvadorJune 9, 2012
Pros: good salary and good archaeology
Cons: long hours walking, and harsh weather
In this project, we fulfilled a long archaeological transect in the track of the new highway that connect the north part of El Salvador. Our aim was to find archaeological sites in order to register them, avoiding their destruction caused by the construction of the highway, and giving support to the cultural issues within this investment.
I was hired – more... by the senior director, and my role was as a field director, leading our archaeological team in about 200 km across, through mountains, valleys, and variable weather such as rain and hot temperature. We crossed many rivers, pastures, and lots and lots of barbed wire. Lunch time could take place just about anywhere, and the working hours could finish at any time, including late at night. We worked without a fixed schedule, due to the nature of our job: walking and walking. Water was our most valuable resource.
The sites we found were registered using GPS. Most of this sites were post-Classic settlement, that included scattered obsidian, and sherd pots.
We were carrying maps, radios, bags, and cameras among other equipment. We designated different points to spend the night according to our advances on the transect. At the end of the project we found about 52 sites, and we carried out an excavation in one of them.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the moment when a site was found. As part of every archaeologist's experience, finding a site is one of the most thrilling moments in their career, learning something new, as well as consolidating their aim, and giving something more to talk about to those who didn't believe that a site could exist in certain area. – less