Millennium Communications, Inc. -- A full-service digital advertising agency located in Syosset, New York, with an emphasis on Web-centric clients.
We are looking for a talented hands-on Web Application Programmer and Manager with a solid background in PHP 5.x / CodeIgniter Framework using MySQL and MS SQL databases. Drupal CMS and Custom Drupal Module development experience is a plus. Our Web site development efforts include e-commerce, B2B, B2C, intranet and extranet applications.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for managing our programmer department, architecting internet-based solutions, and developing Web technologies for our clients, with an emphasis on usability, performance and security.
Ideal Technical and Background Requirements include:
- Experience with open source MVC and/or PHP CMS Developer frameworks is desirable
- Develop, manage, tune and deploy software in SQL Database Server environments (MySQL, MS SQL, etc.) and/or other No SQL technologies like MongoDB will be considered
- Must demonstrate an understanding of basic data modeling, stored procedures, SQL statements, triggers, replication, and/or advanced DB features
- Experience with leading 3rd-party APIs: Facebook, Twitter, Amazon, Constant Contact, etc. is important
- Knowledge of Drupal CMS Framework, other languages, and/or MVC Frameworks for ColdFusion, .Net, is helpful
- Mobile Browser and/or Mobile Technologies are also desirable
- A minimum of five years’ experience as a Web Programmer analyzing, developing and implementing Web-based applications
- BS or MS in Information Systems Technologies or related field or equivalent work experience
Management Responsibilities include:
- Provide direction, mentorship, training, and support to Programmer/Analysts
- Manage and clearly communicate project status for development group and outsourced resources
- Oversee development efforts to ensure best practices and standards are employed
- Supervise SDLC including ensuring a rigorous quality control process and security review process
- Create functional specifications, design, build, and document software
- Set, maintain, and enforce technical documentation standards
- Set development tool, versioning and deployment strategy
- Provide ongoing technical support for both end-users, project managers, and IT Business Analysts
- Work with senior management to develop strategic solutions
Benefits package includes medical and dental benefits after 90 days and 401K Plan after one year of full-time employment.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, including salary history with your resume. Please reference "Internet Application Development Manager" in the subject line.
Millennium Communications is a full-service fast-paced advertising agency, with an emphasis on Web-centric clients. Our Web site development...